SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

28 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Are new Content Creations baked in AE? or is it possible to pick and choose which ones you want installed?

They're baked in, but there's also some conflicted terminology around this. AE is often used to refer to game version 1.6.x, while SE is used to refer to game version 1.5.97 (the version from before AE was released). If you download SE right now, you get game version 1.6.x. There are some mods that don't work on the latest version. DAR works on 1.6.353 ( think this is the right version) but not the latest 1.6.640.

Many times if a mod says "AE Required" it actually means 1.6.x required. The latest SE versions also have some of the creation kit content baked in.

Most of the time the added content isn't going to cause issues, but the mismatched versions will for skse, and skse plugins (dlls)

Edited by phalancks
1 minute ago, phalancks said:

They're baked in, but there's also some conflicted terminology around this. AE is often used to refer to game version 1.6.x, while SE is used to refer to game version 1.5.97 (the version from before AE was released). If you download SE right now, you get game version 1.6.x. There are some mods that don't work on the latest version. DAR works on 1.6.353 ( think this is the right version) but not the latest 1.6.640.

Many times if a mod says "AE Required" it actually means 1.6.x required. The latest SE versions also have some of the creation kit content baked in.

Fantastic.. trust Bethesda to make a mess of this :)

Just now, DeepBlueFrog said:

Fantastic.. trust Bethesda to make a mess of this :)

Yeah, it's a bit of a shit show, partially due to the modding community using terms interchangably.

My recommendation is that if you don't care about any of the AE content, just get SE at the latest version. If you want all the cool animation mods, you'll need DAR which is only on 1.6.353(or something like that) and you can downgrade to it with the downgrade patcher. Personally I just use the latest SE.

Honestly, buy whichever edition you want, then choose the game version you want and downgrade. I believe the biggest mod that isn't on 1.6.x is the .Net Script Framework, but there aren't a lot of mods that I've wanted that rely on it. Custom Skills Framework is the biggest I know about. DAR is the biggest one that isn't on the latest version of 1.6.640 and most of your combat animation mods rely on it.

1 hour ago, phalancks said:

Most of the time the added content isn't going to cause issues, but the mismatched versions will for skse, and skse plugins (dlls)

Go with what you can afford.  If the AE version is on sale buy that one, and you can always delete the files for the CC content you don't want.  A lot of people do that for Tundra Homestead so that they can continue to use Luxury Suite.  You can redownload them later.

As @phalancks says, you are going to get 1.6.640 from Steam, whether you buy SE or AE.  If you want go backwards you'll have to downgrade.  If not, you'll want mod versions for "AE".

The biggest thing is matching your SKSE version to your game version.

This is assuming that you aren't buying the GOG version, which has its own version number, 1.6.659.  But there is a version of SKSE for that as well. 

Personally I just got tired of worrying about version numbers, went with the current one (1.6.640), and installed all the basic utilities and extenders for that.  You can't use DAR (I never did before AE) or .NET stuff (was never comfortable with random DLLs in my system anyway), but other than that pretty much everything else works.

13 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Question for SSE conversion experts - What is the current status between Special Edition and Anniversary Edition?

I don't care much for AE except for a few 'creations' like Saint and Seducers. 

Am I better off with Special Edition only? or is Anniversary Edition the recommended version going forward?

I have done the dodgy and may have sailed the high seas to keep a permanent SE version. I believe that if you develop it with SE in mind and don't require the AE content to be a requirement there should be no issue. 

17 hours ago, aurreth said:

Go with what you can afford.  If the AE version is on sale buy that one, and you can always delete the files for the CC content you don't want.  A lot of people do that for Tundra Homestead so that they can continue to use Luxury Suite.  You can redownload them later.

As @phalancks says, you are going to get 1.6.640 from Steam, whether you buy SE or AE.  If you want go backwards you'll have to downgrade.  If not, you'll want mod versions for "AE".

The biggest thing is matching your SKSE version to your game version.

This is assuming that you aren't buying the GOG version, which has its own version number, 1.6.659.  But there is a version of SKSE for that as well. 

Personally I just got tired of worrying about version numbers, went with the current one (1.6.640), and installed all the basic utilities and extenders for that.  You can't use DAR (I never did before AE) or .NET stuff (was never comfortable with random DLLs in my system anyway), but other than that pretty much everything else works.

So if I turn on the steam update, my se skyrim 1.5.97 will update to AE skyrim ver 1.6.640, then I need to get the correct skse ver to match that, then I need to update all the mods that rely on the new skse ver.  Yeah sounds like a shit show.  I've had se setup for a couple of yrs.  I'm to scared to try.  haha

OTOH, why not make the switch to v1.6.640? There are already conversions of your mods for 1.5.97. If the requirements for your mods are already updated (or there are reasonable alternatives), then why not? Do you plan on updating again for AE? That seems like a headache. That's just my opinion. I know you put a lot of work in your mods. I'm still using 1.5.97, but only because I've been playing the same game for over a year! When I decide I'm done, I'm going straight to the latest AE. I won't buy the extra Creation Club stuff, just take the handful of items included with the base download. I'm actually looking forward to an updated Skyrim.

3 minutes ago, leesjig said:

So if I turn on the steam update, my se skyrim 1.5.97 will update to AE skyrim ver 1.6.640, then I need to get the correct skse ver to match that, then I need to update all the mods that rely on the new skse ver.  Yeah sounds like a shit show.  I've had se setup for a couple of yrs.  I'm to scared to try.  haha

I was working from a brand-new install, after completely removing the game and all mods/mod archives.  100% from scratch.

If you have an existing SE install modded the way you want it, definitely don't upgrade.  If you are starting from a blank slate, might as well go for 1.6.640.  As long as you aren't using a mod with a DLL, and you install the correct versions of SKSE and the other "base" mods, there isn't really any reason not to.

Using the conversion for -

Loads and everything and not had a crash but i seem to recall when i used this in the past Alicia should turn into Ali when you beat her enough and while the NPC looks diffrent the dialogue is the same and (again vague recall as ages since i used it) is missing a dialogue line to ask about the difference between the two which was required to advance the story

Should the name plate on the two be changing?

44 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Using the conversion for -

Loads and everything and not had a crash but i seem to recall when i used this in the past Alicia should turn into Ali when you beat her enough and while the NPC looks diffrent the dialogue is the same and (again vague recall as ages since i used it) is missing a dialogue line to ask about the difference between the two which was required to advance the story

Should the name plate on the two be changing?

I didn't change much there.. it is possible I renamed Ali back to Alicia to keep up with changes to the Lore in Sanguine Debauchery but that is just a display name.

She should still transform into a succubus when she gets enough pain.

СД+ работает на АЕ 1.6.640. Но, простите, СД+ у меня модифицированный фанатами, тот что лежит здесь на сайте у меня не работает, огомная проблема с корнями спригана, их просто нет, их невидно, и поэтому их невозможно снять. 

Skyrim SE = Skyrim AE - some CC mods.  Skyrim SE 6.40 comes with 4 cc mods by default now, previous ver did as well and that was supported by Dar.  No reason Dar author can not update since there is no extra $$ needs to be spent to be at current version.  Now if you go Gog version, not all mods are updated for that.  Steam Ver is good to go..

Currently, other than Dar, all mods are updated for the current ver of Skyrim SE/AE.  So if you have not purchased Skyrim SE, I would just buy the complete AE version since its on sale.  If you do not want the extra quest mod + cc armor mods and house, then just buy SE.  The current ver of SE will come with saints and seducers, Fishing mod, some cat alchemy parts, and survival mode.  Both still use same .exe and build.  (Only difference again is what CC mods it comes with.)

So there is nothing scary to be up to date.  There is no reason why to role back to the first version of the SE/AE build, unless you want Dar.  Since it was updated for that.  AE/SE runs scripts much better due to its using a updated C+ Engine.  So I would not do 3 versions role back for anything pre AE because of the enhanced script speed.

So to sum it up, go with the current version of the game SE or AE (With all CC content) since modding will not matter unless you decide to use assets to the cc content that the current full version of AE comes with.  If you only use the default Skyrim SE included masters, as all your current mods use or do not use, will not cause anyone issues.  If you use CC content going forward, then it will, and I would only use the default 4 that come with SE now, for max compatibility.

P.S. For a reason to get off LE = You can run a ton of mods now, so your npcs can look attractive.  I have over a thousand active mods running.  So SE/AE is so light years ahead of LE.

I want to update to the above, Dar has now been updated for 6.40.  (cheers)

Edited by Springun
13 hours ago, Springun said:

Skyrim SE = Skyrim AE - some CC mods.  Skyrim SE 6.40 comes with 4 cc mods by default now, previous ver did as well and that was supported by Dar.  No reason Dar author can not update since there is no extra $$ needs to be spent to be at current version.  Now if you go Gog version, not all mods are updated for that.  Steam Ver is good to go..

Currently, other than Dar, all mods are updated for the current ver of Skyrim SE/AE.  So if you have not purchased Skyrim SE, I would just buy the complete AE version since its on sale.  If you do not want the extra quest mod + cc armor mods and house, then just buy SE.  The current ver of SE will come with saints and seducers, Fishing mod, some cat alchemy parts, and survival mode.  Both still use same .exe and build.  (Only difference again is what CC mods it comes with.)

So there is nothing scary to be up to date.  There is no reason why to role back to the first version of the SE/AE build, unless you want Dar.  Since it was updated for that.  AE/SE runs scripts much better due to its using a updated C+ Engine.  So I would not do 3 versions role back for anything pre AE because of the enhanced script speed.

So to sum it up, go with the current version of the game SE or AE (With all CC content) since modding will not matter unless you decide to use assets to the cc content that the current full version of AE comes with.  If you only use the default Skyrim SE included masters, as all your current mods use or do not use, will not cause anyone issues.  If you use CC content going forward, then it will, and I would only use the default 4 that come with SE now, for max compatibility.

P.S. For a reason to get off LE = You can run a ton of mods now, so your npcs can look attractive.  I have over a thousand active mods running.  So SE/AE is so light years ahead of LE.

I'm almost agreeing with you. I haven't moved on from SE because there are more than a handful of pre-AE mods I use and would be very reluctant to let go of. It's been over a year and there's no sign they're going to be updated or an acceptable equivalent will be made. As with everything, there are pros and cons to sticking with a version or upgrading. I know I'll be staying clear of AE because I don't like being spammed from the get-go with a bunch of quests from the courier the moment my character leaves the alternate start room. Some are level-gated but not enough of them.

Vor 2 Stunden sagte TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft:

Ich stimme dir fast zu. Ich bin von SE nicht weitergekommen, weil es mehr als eine Handvoll Pre-AE-Mods gibt, die ich verwende und die ich sehr ungern loslassen würde. Es ist über ein Jahr her und es gibt keine Anzeichen dafür, dass sie aktualisiert werden oder ein akzeptables Äquivalent hergestellt wird. Wie bei allem gibt es Vor- und Nachteile, bei einer Version zu bleiben oder zu aktualisieren. Ich weiß, dass ich mich von AE fernhalten werde, weil ich es nicht mag, von Anfang an mit einem Haufen Quests vom Kurier zugespammt zu werden, sobald mein Charakter den alternativen Startraum verlässt. Einige sind Level-Gated, aber nicht genug davon.

and that's exactly what mods are for me too

almost half of my Skyrim installation consists of mods that are no longer maintained by their authors - or their authors are "missing"

when switching to AE, I can "throw in the bin"
I do not want - so NO change to AE

should new mods only come out on AE and not work with SE...
.. for me these mods are uninteresting

it may well be - that there will then be 3 instead of 2 groups of mod users...
..LE - SE and now AE

Hello, I came across another issue aside from the body rejecting parasites instantly/event spam.

While swimming I got infected by Living Armor, I brew the "Parasite Repellent" potion and used it to remove the Parasite. However, the breast size was already increased by a single cycle. Upon removal of the parasite, the breasts did not go back to its original size. I thought I may had to wait a single day or 2 for it to 'shrink', but so far it's still the size it was with the Parasite equipped. 

Is this a bug, or do I have to wait longer for it to revert back to its original size? 

Aside from having a heck of a time trying to find the "toning device" I like that everything works smoothly in my experience. I am not a modder by any means but is there a way to get physics to work with the chaurus body armor transformation thing?

I've got it in bodyslide, but even with a physics body set up, the armor itself doesn't seem to have physics and I am unsure about how to change that.

Edit: I am dumb... I clicked on the button like 10 times before I realized I had to put the key in it... also got Physics to work on the body? Not sure how that happened but it's working?

Edited by seyal

Hey, guys, got a problem with SD+ CTDing either after a rest or beginning of the day when enslaved. Sometimes it shows message: 'Bad slave you failed task: INSPECTION'.

Papyrus logs are consistent with this message. However OWNER never mentions this task. Any idea either how to fix this or workaround? 

I'll put logs under spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Slavery level: 1 (Exposure: 4)
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] iSexComplete: 0 Count: 0 / 3 - Need: -3 +/- 4
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] iPunishComplete: 0 Count: 0 / 2 - Need: -2 +/- 4
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] iFoodComplete: 0 Count: 0 / 2 - Need: -2 +/- 4
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] iGoldComplete: 0 Count: 0 / 22 - Need: -22 +/- 4
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Master: Mood: -2 - Trust: -3 - Personality Type: 4
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Master: Overall Disposition: -2
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Master: Slave trust points: 7 - Master trust threshold: 10
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Master: GoldTotal: 0
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Pick slavery task by name: Inspection
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Looking up slavery task: Inspection
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      Task found: [Keyword <_SDTSK_INSPECTION (1A205321)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_enslavement] Reward slave: Nothing to remove. Device missing - Blindfold
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_enslavement] Reward slave: Nothing to remove. Device missing - Armbinder
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdras_slave] END GAME - Not yet
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:15AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Evaluate slavery task list: 1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Actorbase:1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Sexlab:1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Hormones:1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Evaluate slavery task: Inspection
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      _SD_fTaskDuration: 6.000000
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      _SD_fTaskStartDate: 44.839600
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      fTimePassed: 56.166183
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      iHoursCount: 1123
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      Time Left: -1117
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      Evaluating positive task
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      _SD_iTaskPositiveCount: 0
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      _SD_iTaskTarget: 0
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Actorbase:1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Sexlab:1
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [SLH] Sex from Hormones:1

[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery][SD] You failed Task : Inspection
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Failing Task : 11 [[Keyword <_SDTSK_INSPECTION (1A205321)>]]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_enslavement] Queue punishment: Adding WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_enslavement] Punishment received: WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_enslavement] Punishment length: 4.003624
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit] Adding punishment item: Wrist Restraints
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit] clearDeviceByString for [Actor < (00000014)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit] player is not wearing: WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]sanitizeStringCode - sText: WristRestraint - sReturnText: WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit] equipDeviceNPCByString : WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]     - Actor override not found for WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]     - Racial override detected for WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]     - Actor override detected for WristRestraint - Material: None
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit] equipDeviceByString: WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]         keyword: [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage (0D05226C)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_outfit]         equipDeviceByString - preferred: [Armor < (0E01F163)>] - Device inventory: [Armor < (0E01F164)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: [SD] equipDevice for [Actor < (00000014)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: LockDevice called for Ysette: Iron Shackles)
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: OnContainerChanged()
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Trust pool before update: 8
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(Ysette: Iron Shackles)
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: Checking for active unequip operation for [Keyword <zad_DeviousArmCuffs (0C003DF9)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: No active unequip operation running for [Keyword <zad_DeviousArmCuffs (0C003DF9)>]. Proceeding
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Trust pool after update: 7(Min:-60 / Max:10)
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]       Punishment : WristRestraint
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Resetting Task : 11
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Pick random slavery task: 
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [Zad]: No menus are open. Equipping silently.
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery] Looking up slavery task ID: 3
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:16AM] [_sdqs_fcts_slavery]      Task found: [Keyword <_SDTSK_BRING_ARMOR (1A205319)>]
[01/10/2023 - 00:19:17AM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceEquippedArm Cuffs(Ysette:1)