SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

11 hours ago, tznvlw said:

I suggest you take a look at this, there is a good chance that you have a problem with your file paths

Probably the file that CK expects is not on the correct path

It is also recommended that you install the Creationfix:

SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20061

AE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41195

Interesting... I will give it a try!

10 hours ago, phalancks said:

The CK expects script sources in a new folder now ./Data/Source/Scripts I believe. You can change it back in the CreationKit.ini

[Papyrus]
sScriptSourceFolder = ".\Data\Scripts\Source"

Of course...

After having sources in 'Data/scripts/source' and moving them to 'Data/source', it make total sense Creation Kit would expect them in 'Data/Source/Scripts'.

It looks like someone at Bethesda is trolling us.

1 hour ago, Alis_999 said:

Hey, Is there a version of SD+ (January 2022) 2022-01-31 for SE? In this thread, i see only 2020 :(

The links on the first post of this thread will take you to this post, which has the right versions:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/120107-skyrimlldeepbluefrog-mods-conversion-to-sse/page/93/#comment-3462553

21 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

it make total sense Creation Kit would expect them in 'Data/Source/Scripts'.

It actually makes no sense at all. Some genius in B have changed... "fixed" something that was not broken completely ignoring users habits.

To prevent compilation issue from repeating itself over and over after installing "new stuff" I would suggest instead of moving sources just change/revert INI settings to scripts\\sources because majority (yet unfortunately not all) mods for SE use that (old?) location when unpacking their sources.

But that's just my point of view.

Dear DeepBlueFrog & Community

I have installed Sexlab Parasites the SSE version and it doenst seem to work.
All requirments are installed and i see it in MCM. I set all chanes to 100% but still not get infected with anything.
EC+ is also installed and these infections also dont work.
Is there something i need to check or to do that the mods starts working correclty.
Thanks in advance. 

Edited by G3IST

Im just... really confused to be honest. I installed every single version of sanguine's debauchery i could find on this thread and tested each out. Whenever i load a save with the mod on, the screen just stays black. I can hear fire burning in the background since i saved next to a fireplace and the npc addressing my character but other than that, nothing. Just a black screen. Is the mod itself just not compatible with already existing saves that didnt have it before? I sure hope not ._.

Edited by HappyShibba
59 minutes ago, HappyShibba said:

Im just... really confused to be honest. I installed every single version of sanguine's debauchery i could find on this thread and tested each out. Whenever i load a save with the mod on, the screen just stays black. I can hear fire burning in the background since i saved next to a fireplace and the npc addressing my character but other than that, nothing. Just a black screen. Is the mod itself just not compatible with already existing saves that didnt have it before? I sure hope not ._.

I ran into black screens like that when I was setting things up for SE and I solved them with one of the many SKSE fixes on Nexus, but I can't remember which one.

Maybe this one? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I ran into black screens like that when I was setting things up for SE and I solved them with one of the many SKSE fixes on Nexus, but I can't remember which one.

Maybe this one? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

I also have the same problem, I have that SKSE fix and tried the load new game and then load old save and still can't get it to load, same black screen, guess I'll just wait till i start a new game again.

1 hour ago, jperrins66 said:

I also have the same problem, I have that SKSE fix and tried the load new game and then load old save and still can't get it to load, same black screen, guess I'll just wait till i start a new game again.

When I had similar issues in LE, what seemed to work was to keep a new save in the starting cell with Live Another Life, or as soon as you clear Helgen on a normal game. Keep that safe in your list of saved games.

When you have a black screen issue with a save, load that starting save first, and then, load your problematic save.

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

When I had similar issues in LE, what seemed to work was to keep a new save in the starting cell with Live Another Life, or as soon as you clear Helgen on a normal game. Keep that safe in your list of saved games.

When you have a black screen issue with a save, load that starting save first, and then, load your problematic save.

^Did just that myself.

Loading new save in the cell works without issues, but when loading the already played save from there still leads to a black screen. Soo now what? ¯\_(.-.)_/¯

For SSE experts - is there a downside to flagging ep files as esl?

For example, 'RS Children.esp' is available for a switch to esl according to Wrye Bash... should I flag it and save room on my load order?

Is there any kind of mod I should NOT flag to esl?

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

Wonder if the speed penalty you get everytime caracter gets pregnant can be removed on next update? I mean come on! Player can hardly move and then a enemy attacks = finito!

By the way, Devious Devices don´t detect the parasites. Instead it treat it as a ordinary leather harness (as a example). According to DD creators its up to "you" mod creators to make it "work". I tested reinstal the mods on new saves, without other mods except the ones who are requared to make it work without succes. Other than that it works very good (except Spriggan armor who turns up purple, only the mask shows up as it shoulde be. I have to to force the Root Infection on my carracter to see if it works. Have been in contact with numeros of Spriggans without getting infected, even when my carracter was naked`!).

Hello, I've been having an Issue with the latest version SL Hormones on Skyrim AE and can't for the life of me figure out how to get the bimbo curse tats, eyeliner, lipstick, and all that to actually appear on my char. If someone could please help me figure out how to get them to work, I'd greatly appreciate it. I already have YPS fashion, the latest ver of Slavetats, Slavetats events bridge, and all the other required mods.

11 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

For SSE experts - is there a downside to flagging ep files as esl?

For example, 'RS Children.esp' is available for a switch to esl according to Wrye Bash... should I flag it and save room on my load order?

Is there any kind of mod I should NOT flag to esl?

You shouldn't flag the ESP files that are used as soft or hard dependency on another Mod, because can end with problems to be detected.

Mods that comes with Quest's sometimes have problems to start the Quest's when are flagged as ESL.

SOS like you probably know already have a bug that CTD on the load, when the load order of the Mods with armor's change. So flag one ESP file as ESL will change the load order even if is on the same place.

The ESL files in general are loaded after the ESP files even if are placed before those files so you shouldn't flag a file that need to be loaded before another ESP file.

I use the ESL flag just on patches, fixes and armor Mods.

Edited by OsmelMC
2 hours ago, greccobruno said:

Hi guys, i have a problem with a quest, don't know what to do, in Dibella's Purification, when i need to return to Fjotra with the book nothing happens and no new line of conversation with her appears.. I tried a resetAI but nothing happens...

Can someone help me? :)

Can you share a screenshot of the quest in your journal?

Quick update - I am slowly getting back up to speed with my mods.

I have a fully rebuilt and functional Special Edition running. 

I updated my edit process to automatically make edits that can be safely ported from LE to SE. I am expecting to work mostly on esp and scripts, so that will make things easier to keep developing for both versions for a while.

I am working on a new repository on Github for all my Skyrim mods at once, for both platforms. The old ones are still there but I will slowly move away from them and eventually archive them.

I may even have a fresh batch of small updates to release in a week or so. I made fixes to Parasites, Hormones, Warm Bodies and my take on weathers, for both LE and SE.

In terms of versions, I am working on the latest Special Edition without the Anniversary mods. I am not developing my own SKSE plugins or relying on special extensions built for SKSE, so my updates should work on both SE and AE versions (in theory at least... they haven't been tested yet).

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

Does anyone have a trick to install Sanguine Debauchery mid game ?

I can start a fresh game without problem, but I would like to add it in my current playthrough (I forget like a moron), but when loading my game, screen stays black after the loading screen, computer make no sound and the process is idle. I have a ton of other mods, like Cursed Loot, SL Survival and such, which probably don't help, but my save is in the quiet Gilfre house. Any help welcome.

Updating skse fixes and loading my save in the AS abandoned cave didn't work (the save didn't load).

Edited by Vegetius
25 minutes ago, Vegetius said:

Does anyone have a trick to install Sanguine Debauchery mid game ?

I can start a fresh game without problem, but I would like to add it in my current playthrough (I forget like a moron), but when loading my game, screen stays black after the loading screen, computer make no sound and the process is idle. I have a ton of other mods, like Cursed Loot, SL Survival and such, which probably don't help, but my save is in the quiet Gilfre house. Any help welcome.

Updating skse fixes and loading my save in the AS abandoned cave didn't work (the save didn't load).

Not sure what is happening for your game.

I recently dropped SD in the middle of my testing game without issues. 

The one thing I can think of is that SD doesn't actually start when you first enable it - you have to enable it, load, save, load again before it finally starts.

I did run into black screen issues on load and found a couple of SKSE fixes I was missing. There are so many.

Vor 17 Minuten sagte DeepBlueFrog:

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, was mit deinem Spiel passiert.

Ich habe kürzlich SD mitten in meinem Testspiel ohne Probleme fallen gelassen. 

Das einzige, was mir einfällt, ist, dass SD nicht wirklich startet, wenn Sie es zum ersten Mal aktivieren - Sie müssen es aktivieren, laden, speichern, erneut laden, bevor es endlich startet.

Ich bin beim Laden auf Probleme mit dem schwarzen Bildschirm gestoßen und habe ein paar SKSE-Korrekturen gefunden, die mir gefehlt haben. Es gibt so viele.

so I wouldn't do it

You should never do complex things like this in the middle of a run you want to finish

yes - mod usage has a lot to do with trying and starting a new game

aka "The Golden Rule"