SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

20 minutes ago, CuriouslyWeird1 said:

Papyrus.0.logHere it is, I loaded, slept 1 hour, then QQQ'd out through the console.

Thanks! Error messages like these is telling me Hormones is not properly installed for you.

If you use a Mod manager, make sure the mod is actually selected and deployed (and that there is not another older version being deployed by accident).

If you deployed the mod manually, make sure the files were copied in the right folder.

Right now, the log makes it look like Hormones was installed, then uninstalled and some scripts were left behind.

01/15/2023 - 07:47:00PM] Error: Method setColorState not found on slh_fctcolor. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
	[_SLH_Controller (630012C4)].slh_qst_hormonegrowth.setHormonesState() - "slh_qst_hormonegrowth.psc" Line 1567
	[_SLH_Controller (630012C4)].slh_qst_hormonegrowth.Maintenance() - "slh_qst_hormonegrowth.psc" Line 195
	[alias PlayerRef on quest _SLH_Controller (630012C4)].SLH_QST_PlayerAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SLH_QST_PlayerAlias.psc" Line 29

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
34 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks! Error messages like these is telling me Hormones is not properly installed for you.

If you use a Mod manager, make sure the mod is actually selected and deployed (and that there is not another older version being deployed by accident).

If you deployed the mod manually, make sure the files were copied in the right folder.

Right now, the log makes it look like Hormones was installed, then uninstalled and some scripts were left behind.

01/15/2023 - 07:47:00PM] Error: Method setColorState not found on slh_fctcolor. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
	[_SLH_Controller (630012C4)].slh_qst_hormonegrowth.setHormonesState() - "slh_qst_hormonegrowth.psc" Line 1567
	[_SLH_Controller (630012C4)].slh_qst_hormonegrowth.Maintenance() - "slh_qst_hormonegrowth.psc" Line 195
	[alias PlayerRef on quest _SLH_Controller (630012C4)].SLH_QST_PlayerAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SLH_QST_PlayerAlias.psc" Line 29

I've reinstalled it from the files in this thread though and it still doesn't work. I've tried both versions as well but I will try to manually deploy.

Should I have the LE version installed first and then overwrite it with the version in this thread?

^^^^ This did not fix it

Edited by CuriouslyWeird1

Ok I also just tried installing it with the older version listed earlier in this thread and it still doesn't want to activate. Short of a complete re-install which would suck since this is the only one out of 203 mods I can't get to work. I'm not sure what else to check

7 minutes ago, CuriouslyWeird1 said:

Ok I also just tried installing it with the older version listed earlier in this thread and it still doesn't want to activate. Short of a complete re-install which would suck since this is the only one out of 203 mods I can't get to work. I'm not sure what else to check

Very strange... I am not using Mod organizers so there isn't much I can do to help but it does point to a mix up between versions.

The SE version is standalone.. you don't need the LE version.

18 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Very strange... I am not using Mod organizers so there isn't much I can do to help but it does point to a mix up between versions.

The SE version is standalone.. you don't need the LE version.

I've already gone into Vortex as well and it still wont work after making sure the old version is gone

edit: AHAH!!! Importing everything to Nexus seems to work for some reason?? I don't really understand it but I'm also NOT going to question it! Thank you!

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Can they coexist?

Yes, they coexist just fine. :)

You don't even need to rerun FNIS after installing DAR animations, they're completely separate.

If you'd like to speed up DD, there's instructions on how to convert it to DAR, the results are amazing. This also allows DD to work with Nemesis or Nemesis and FNIS installed, since DAR is completely separate from both of those frameworks. And the device equipping speed is much faster than the AAs using FNIS. Works for 5.1 and 5.2. Unfortunately, it looks like the DAR animations won't make the 5.2 cut, so if you want them it's do it yourself.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Yes, they coexist just fine. :)

You don't even need to rerun FNIS after installing DAR animations, they're completely separate.

If you'd like to speed up DD, there's instructions on how to convert it to DAR, the results are amazing. This also allows DD to work with Nemesis or Nemesis and FNIS installed, since DAR is completely separate from both of those frameworks. And the device equipping speed is much faster than the AAs using FNIS. Works for 5.1 and 5.2. Unfortunately, it looks like the DAR animations won't make the 5.2 cut, so if you want them it's do it yourself.

Thanks.. that will be useful to explore next.

I would like to set up one of the fancy animated combat systems I have seen in videos.. as well as conditional idles and actions/animations.

Maybe the next week setting that up and the week after setting up my own mods finally.

So far I am very impressed with the results of SE/AE with a lot of mods (450 at the moment).

I would like to have everything in place to work on my own conversions in February.

4 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks.. that will be useful to explore next.

I would like to set up one of the fancy animated combat systems I have seen in videos.. as well as conditional idles and actions/animations.

Maybe the next week setting that up and the week after setting up my own mods finally.

So far I am very impressed with the results of SE/AE with a lot of mods (450 at the moment).

I would like to have everything in place to work on my own conversions in February.

Nemesis is what a lot of the fancy combat mods use, but it doesn't support creatures. So you may need to use both FNIS and Nemesis together.

I've finally got them working together with this guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54702

Mostly all we use is CAO to convert. It does meshes, textures, and animations in one go.

There's a few outliers on the scripting side, but normally those don't need anything done and I think most of that's already been covered with your mods.

You'll want to look up ESL if you aren't using it already - it can be very handy to flag smaller mods and patches as ESL and save a full slot. I still don't need to merge and I usually end up landing around a thousand plugins now. xedit has a script to check if things can be esl'd and there's a plugin for mo2 to check and set the flag. Wryebash can check if a plugin can be ESL'd too.

If you're having trouble finding a SE version of something on LL, check out the conversion tracking thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-se-compatibility-tracking-dec-11-7652/

7 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

LOL you may be what gets me to finally update from 1.5.97 SE ... so nice to see you back.

Can someone take a look at updating the latest version of my Immersion Patch for SE until I am back on my feet?

Hopefully this will be the last time I ask for help converting one of my mods for SE directly.

The next time I ask for help will be because I am doing the conversion myself :)

There is an earlier conversion on the first post of this discussion.

And here is the download page for the latest version for LE: 

Have you tried just running this patch on SE? There is precious little to convert.

The ESPs are all fine as is. Likewise the textures.

There is a total of one NIF that might benefit from conversion. Worst case, the user would get a red triangle for bad NIF.

33 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Have you tried just running this patch on SE? There is precious little to convert.

The ESPs are all fine as is. Likewise the textures.

There is a total of one NIF that might benefit from conversion. Worst case, the user would get a red triangle for bad NIF.

I didn't think running them straight up was an option :)

I will try them and let you know... can you tell me which nif I should be mindful of?

Nevermind.. there is really just one nif file in the list :)

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
16 minutes ago, fred200 said:

And if you need help on the conversion - I can step you through it, or do it for you.

On the ESPs, the big deal was 43 to 44 mod type. That was proved not an issue, years ago. (time flies)

Thanks.. I got instructions from previous posts here and some PMs about using CACO and other tips but I could always use more recent tips :)

You can share them here or by PM if you prefer.

I didn't know the flag 43 to 44 was not an issue any more.

I will test Family Ties and Immersion Patch and see if they need a conversion after all.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
14 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I didn't know the flag 43 to 44 was not an issue any more.

It's not an issue anymore, but because of the warnings in vortex and mo2, some users still ask for it. Just resaving the esp in the SE CK will fix that when you're ready to convert on your own.

ok sorry if this was answered somewhere else but i've scoured google and this forum and can't find an answer.  I'm stuck on "A Sybil's journey", none of the sisters will tell me about the corruption or hint at it or mention the "accident" or anything. I've given over 50 marks to the sybil, slept with her dozens of times and "heard dibella's voice", reloaded, etc. I'm too far into my game to just restart and it's driving me insane. is there anywhere I could get a list of quest id's? the wiki just keeps telling me "talk the hamal and the sisters" but they don't say anything.  please help!

Just to let people know. I have done a fresh install of Skyrim AE and managed to get this mod working along with the other DBF mods. Not tested the Dibella one yet, but the game loads up and the Hormones seem to work (Just the old problems persist now and again such as the racemenu not opening when you transform.) Other than that I have not ran into a problem yet with Hormones, SD+ or Devious Stories. 

Any idea why the Compile option under Scripts Manager in CK Editor Special Edition is greyed out?

At this time I cannot compile any script when I open my own mod.

I do have all files extracted from the BSA into the Data folder. I can see the script... just not compile it.

31 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Any idea why the Compile option under Scripts Manager in CK Editor Special Edition is greyed out?

I do have all files extracted from the BSA into the Data folder. I can see the script... just not compile it.

I suggest you take a look at this, there is a good chance that you have a problem with your file paths

Probably the file that CK expects is not on the correct path

It is also recommended that you install the Creationfix:

SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20061

AE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41195

Edited by tznvlw
1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The CK expects script sources in a new folder now ./Data/Source/Scripts I believe. You can change it back in the CreationKit.ini

[Papyrus]
sScriptSourceFolder = ".\Data\Scripts\Source"