On 10/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, sophiextime said:

Hi. I am not sure if its this mod that does this but i had a quest to to rescue an imprisoned settler. i went to the location, killed all the bandits and found him in a cell. he was on his knees in handcuffs. i got him out of the cell and he followed me to the settlement where he thanked me, job done.

However he is still handcuffed to his back and i get no option to uncuff him. I went back there 3 days later and he is still stood there cuffed. How do i free him? :(

Sorry for the slow answer, I was away for a few days.

Depending on options, this mod will modify some vanilla quests by adding handcuffs to scenes. This is controlled by the following MCM setting:
Integration Settings → Vanilla Integration → Add Handcuffs to Vanilla Scenes

So you can turn it off if it causes issues.

You can remove the handcuffs from the settler using the trade menu (assuming you have a key). You should have been able to use the trade menu with the setter as soon as you found the settler, even before finishing the quest (this is a change made by RH, originally you are not able to do this).

[Edit] So yes, the handcuffs were added by this mod.

Edited by Kharos
On 10/11/2021 at 2:03 AM, JB. said:

Hi @Kharos. Thanks to the help of @naaitsab I am implementing RealHandcuffs in my mod! I have a question though. I have recorded a video to explain it better. Is there any way that I can avoid the movement of the protagonist when receiving a shock? She leaves the cross in which she is imprisoned.

Ignore the music, I'm still experimenting.

Edit: I think it would be best to make my own effects and apply them at least this time when on the cross, and not use the HR shock function.

Do you still need a way to make it work with the original shock effect, or are you using your own one?

At the moment when a shock collar is triggered the mod makes the actor leave the furniture if they are in a furniture. The only exception is for workshop furniture that has the bWork24Hours flag set to true. What way are you using to prevent the player from leaving the furniture? Maybe I could detect that...

18 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Sorry for the slow answer, I was away for a few days.

Depending on options, this mod will modify some vanilla quests by adding handcuffs to scenes. This is controlled by the following MCM setting:
Integration Settings → Vanilla Integration → Add Handcuffs to Vanilla Scenes

So you can turn it off if it causes issues.

You can remove the handcuffs from the settler using the trade menu (assuming you have a key). You should have been able to use the trade menu with the setter as soon as you found the settler, even before finishing the quest (this is a change made by RH, originally you are not able to do this).

[Edit] So yes, the handcuffs were added by this mod.

Thank you so much. i actually enjoy the cuffs being used in vanilla quests as it adds some fun immersion. i just was unsure how to uncuff him. i did as you stated and went into trade menu and was able to take the cuffs. So after being stood cuffed in a corn field for 5 days the sad settler got his hands free lmao. i did move away fast fearing he would throttle me hahaha. thank you

Edited by sophiextime
2 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Do you still need a way to make it work with the original shock effect, or are you using your own one?

At the moment when a shock collar is triggered the mod makes the actor leave the furniture if they are in a furniture. The only exception is for workshop furniture that has the bWork24Hours flag set to true. What way are you using to prevent the player from leaving the furniture? Maybe I could detect that...

Even if I get the effect of electricity + pain face + pain groan on my own, the scene looks very unnatural because the body is static on the cross. So unless there is a specific animation for someone on a cross and being electrocuted, the scene will look very unnatural.

My solution has been a quick fade to black + electricity sound + groan sound.

I have another scene where you talk to a person (both standing and facing each other) and if you answer the wrong way, you get an electric shock. You can be electrocuted up to three times in the entire dialogue. What is the problem? That by the third shock, the character has drifted so far due to idle that she leaves the conversation and it resets the dialogue. So I'll just adjust the dialogs to two shocks. ?

37 minutes ago, JB. said:

Even if I get the effect of electricity + pain face + pain groan on my own, the scene looks very unnatural because the body is static on the cross. So unless there is a specific animation for someone on a cross and being electrocuted, the scene will look very unnatural.

My solution has been a quick fade to black + electricity sound + groan sound.

I have another scene where you talk to a person (both standing and facing each other) and if you answer the wrong way, you get an electric shock. You can be electrocuted up to three times in the entire dialogue. What is the problem? That by the third shock, the character has drifted so far due to idle that she leaves the conversation and it resets the dialogue. So I'll just adjust the dialogs to two shocks. ?

Ok, sounds like you have found solutions on your own while I was away, maybe even better ones ??

@Kharos I've uploaded a "almost done®" upload of Devious Devices 2.1. As it updates quite a lot of things here and there you might want to check if it's still compatible with your DD patch.

RC3 full patch https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/121/?tab=comments#comment-3537514

RC4 delta patch https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3542263

It also contains a retexture of the shock collar so it gives it a Vault Tec livery. If you want to use it on a variant for RH, by all means. Would be cool to see it in the mod :) 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, naaitsab said:

@Kharos I've uploaded a "almost done®" upload of Devious Devices 2.1. As it updates quite a lot of things here and there you might want to check if it's still compatible with your DD patch.

RC3 full patch https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/121/?tab=comments#comment-3537514

RC4 delta patch https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=3542263

It also contains a retexture of the shock collar so it gives it a Vault Tec livery. If you want to use it on a variant for RH, by all means. Would be cool to see it in the mod :) 

Thanks for the heads-up. There should be no major issues. My patch mostly modifies my own stuff, not the DD stuff. Looking at it again I noticed that I did make a single change to DD items, it adds the magic effect that was missing on the institute leg cuffs. Not sure if that was a good idea actually, it is possible that I misunderstood what was going on here. I might want to remove that change.

I have two questions for you:

• Are you aware of any major changes to scripts and keywords?
  • My patch also adds subgraph data to make my handcuffs work in combination with DD legcuffs, though that combination was always a bit unreliable. Did you make changes to legcuff animations? if so I may need to modify the subgraph data...
Edited by Kharos
17 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Thanks for the heads-up. There should be no major issues. My patch mostly modifies my own stuff, not the DD stuff. Looking at it again I noticed that I did make a single change to DD items, it adds the magic effect that was missing on the institute leg cuffs. Not sure if that was a good idea actually, it is possible that I misunderstood what was going on here. I might want to remove that change.

I have two questions for you:

• Are you aware of any major changes to scripts and keywords?
  • My patch also adds subgraph data to make my handcuffs work in combination with DD legcuffs, though that combination was always a bit unreliable. Did you make changes to legcuff animations? if so I may need to modify the subgraph data...

I believe I fixed the missing script a while ago. All default leg irons do nothing to the poses. I've added "hobbled" variants of all which force the PC to hobble or bunnyhop (MCM setting) via the bound pose script.

There is extensive rework of DD scripts but mainly focused on events. So plugs, shocks, vibration, edging. But also some internal things like database fixes and AAF awareness. Don't think it will impact RH much, in a negative way that is. There are some keywords added and perks made to block certain things but as you can't wear RH and DD restraints at the same time those should not conflict. Only thing I can think of is the straitjacket and mittens, as I don't think they are flagged as cuffs (slot wise).

Egoballistic did modify some subgraph data to include hobble animations and fix some existing poses. These are present in the current beta build of Torture Devices. There are also some slight modifications of keywords made so I think this will be the most import one to check. There is no supgraph data in DD itself. It relies on the one from TD.

58 minutes ago, duelmaster94 said:

Hi, im sorry for this request but can someone tell me more in detail how i should install this mod manually? i have the requirements i just dont know what to do with the mod files, thank you in advance. this is my first attempt at modding

If you're new to modding.. grab a Mod Manager.. doesn't make a difference which one, they're all shit, just pick one and learn how to use it.

Manually installing mods like RH is not for beginners, by any means. Not trying to be mean.. just saving you a LOT of headaches.

14 hours ago, izzyknows said:

If you're new to modding.. grab a Mod Manager.. doesn't make a difference which one, they're all shit, just pick one and learn how to use it.

Manually installing mods like RH is not for beginners, by any means. Not trying to be mean.. just saving you a LOT of headaches.

great thank you so much for the response

4 hours ago, duelmaster94 said:

so im just about to do it:] but i get this; any ideeas?lovers.PNG.10a37a64cdf8929d5062ace5450a2b16.PNG

The archive has a FOMOD installer (in the FOMod folder), this should cause Mod Organizer to show you a user interface where you can select options; after that it should install everything automatically. Instead it is showing you a dialogue where you need to manually choose what to do. This is wrong (and what we wanted to prevent in the first time, because installing manually is complicated and prone to errors).

I am using ModOrganizer myself (a somewhat older version, 2.2.1), so I am confused about why it is not working.

4 hours ago, duelmaster94 said:

ALSO what is up with LL FourPlay F4SE, does the mod include it? do i need to download it? do i need to enable it?

You need to install F4SE (manually probably, but maybe MO2 users know some way to make it manage F4SE for you? I'm a Vortex user so not much help there). The LLFP library is a separate F4SE plugin and Real Handcuffs includes a convenience copy, which it will offer to install for you if you leave the checkbox for it ticked in RH's FOMOD installer menu.

so for anyone trying to install this with MOD ORGANISER 2, just install it normally and ignore what the "manual install" prompt says LUL (assuming you have F4SE working); the mod works after pressing install; i can handcuff myself; i guess thats the extent of the mod by itself. if i want to cuff NPCs i need something like Human Resources ; thanks a lot everyone for the help :)

6 minutes ago, ABC123ABC121 said:

Where can I find this Firmware Dump?

Per the changelog:

0.4.0 beta 5

• Add recipes for crafting handcuffs and handcuffs keys to AWKCR armor workbench (category: Hands - Accessories).
  • Add recipes for crafting shock collars and firmware dumps to AWKCR armor workbench (category: Accessories - Necklaces).
    You need to have a shock collar in your inventory to create a firmware dump! If you have no shock collar, the recipe will not show up.

Edit: Also you need the Hacking perk (and higher levels of it for more advanced firmware).

Edited by vaultbait
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:03 AM, Noque said:

hope update later give way/option to put collar from mod like kite vts as real handcuff. tried using attach and keyword seem doesnt work as it asking script.. adding script line probly work but cant copy script on fo4edit.

Already done, along with collar from Combat Zone Stripper. They can be downloaded from this post:

You will need to have the original VTS and/or Combat Zone Stipper mods installed as well as Real Handcuffs (duh).

Also @Kharos if you want add the VTS & CZS shock collar esp’s to the Real Handcuffs download page as optional downloads, you have my permission. Or at least you have as much permission as I am allowed to give you, I’m not sure if you also need/want @TheKite’s permission too since these esp’s do reference their art work.

Edited by Number24
17 hours ago, Number24 said:

Already done, along with collar from Combat Zone Stripper. They can be downloaded from this post:

You will need to have the original VTS and/or Combat Zone Stipper mods installed as well as Real Handcuffs (duh).

Also @Kharos if you want add the VTS & CZS shock collar esp’s to the Real Handcuffs download page as optional downloads, you have my permission. Or at least you have as much permission as I am allowed to give you, I’m not sure if you also need/want @TheKite’s permission too since these esp’s do reference their art work.

awesome. thanks