Hi Kharos, i love your mod ♥♥♥♥♥

Yet i tried to get the collar functionality into "The Kite Vault Tec Slavesuit" and Caits Collar, and failed miserably.

I thought i can simply add the Master dependency and the keywords and boom it would work. But well it does not work, cause i am stupid i guess.

Is there a way you can "patch" them to work?

Thanks for your time and dedication *hugs* ♥

6 hours ago, angryangel81 said:

Yet i tried to get the collar functionality into "The Kite Vault Tec Slavesuit" and Caits Collar, and failed miserably.

I thought i can simply add the Master dependency and the keywords and boom it would work. But well it does not work, cause i am stupid i guess.

It would be quite a PIA to convert fully as it has a lot more features than lets say Devious Devices. But it would be very cool to modify the suit as the collar does fit the shock collar theme. :)  So +1 on the idea.

Just out of curiosity, what collar are you referring to for Cait?

On 5/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, angryangel81 said:

Yeah, I'm sorry. This is the first large mod that I did for Fallout 4 and Skyrim. I did not have much experience with the game engine when I started it, so I did not base it on keywords and quests like I would do it now. Instead I chose a classical "object-oriented" approach. As a consequence everything is driven by scripts attached to the items, and adding the functionality to other equipment will require adding the scripts to the equipment.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:30 AM, Kharos said:

Also, if you are using the DD compatibility patch, you can use the option to keep the standard slot instead of the DD slot, maye that will help:

keep_standard_slots.png.73d7d60ca4736ef140f02612cf33f2b4.png

Hello,
Yes, that is exactly the problem. I am now using slot 54 and there are no problems so far.
Thank you very much.

18 hours ago, ivanoff said:

I am confused. I have version 4.3 and the download is 4.12,  Which is the newer version?  I just want to make sure.

0.4.12 is newer than 0.4.3, just like 12.0.0 would be newer than 3.0.0 - sorry if that caused confusion ?

1. I am having a bit of an issue. Anytime I equip the handcuffs I am receiving a message saying "Unable to find animation keyword for MT 00000000" and then my character will have the handcuffs visibly appear on their wrists but they remain in a normal pose as if it was just a bracelet to wear. I have tried using both the Real Handcuffs pose and the Torture Devices pose in the MCM but neither seem to change the result. I have also tried reinstalling both mods as well as moving them both to the bottom of my load order. I'm not sure what else to try. Is there any way to fix this?  Bug.png.5d54183fc5cf35610e3734157796daa0.png1852099187_Bug2.png.9c70fcf1ef5350428a4a7495ae32231b.png
17 hours ago, Frosty7118 said:
  1. I am having a bit of an issue. Anytime I equip the handcuffs I am receiving a message saying "Unable to find animation keyword for MT 00000000" and then my character will have the handcuffs visibly appear on their wrists but they remain in a normal pose as if it was just a bracelet to wear. I have tried using both the Real Handcuffs pose and the Torture Devices pose in the MCM but neither seem to change the result. I have also tried reinstalling both mods as well as moving them both to the bottom of my load order. I'm not sure what else to try. Is there any way to fix this?  

Something is badly broken. Reading the code where this is happening, the most probably reason is that there is no native object bound to the inventory item. Not sure why though.

How did you get these handcuffs, did you find/buy them, or spawn them using the console (e.g. player.additem)? Can you try dropping them to the ground, then picking them up again before equipping them?

[Edit]
If you did spawn the handcuffs using the console, then they might be broken because of missing armor mods. You can also try what happens when you go into the MCM debug page and choose the option to equip some handcuffs on yourself (you should get a "trading window" after closing MCM where you can choose some handcuffs to equip on yourself).

On 5/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, Kharos said:

Something is badly broken. Reading the code where this is happening, the most probably reason is that there is no native object bound to the inventory item. Not sure why though.

How did you get these handcuffs, did you find/buy them, or spawn them using the console (e.g. player.additem)? Can you try dropping them to the ground, then picking them up again before equipping them?

[Edit]
If you did spawn the handcuffs using the console, then they might be broken because of missing armor mods. You can also try what happens when you go into the MCM debug page and choose the option to equip some handcuffs on yourself (you should get a "trading window" after closing MCM where you can choose some handcuffs to equip on yourself).

Hey, thanks for the response, I appreciate the help. I don't know exactly what fixed it but I got it working. I redownloaded it again and reinstalled it, and I ended up having real handcuffs take the regular clothing slot instead of the Devious Devices option and I also redownloaded and reinstalled the latest F4SE. I think it was an issue with my original download of F4SE but I'm not sure why especially cause I only seemed to have an issue with Real Handcuffs but either way its working great now. Great mod and I appreciate your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone getting a crash at Fallout4.exe+129EBC2 when the handcuff is picklocked? It could be unrelated to this mod though because the handcuff is put on by AAF Violate. I do not see any error log related to it in the papyrus log though.

EDIT: handcuff unlocked by hardship dialogue doesn't crash the game. This combined with the fact that the pointer LockpickingMenu* is in the register, the crash is definitely happening when closing the lockpicking UI.

EDIT2: looking at your code, you wait(0.1)  after having the door activate on the player. maybe there is a race condition between you deleting the door straight after vs the door "opening" after the lock picking menu closes. Maybe use "DeleteWhenAble" instead of "Delete"?

EDIT3: After testing, you can REMOVE the lines invisibleDoor.DisableNoWait() and invisibleDoor.Delete() because the door is automatically deleted straight after the function is returned.

Edited by lampuiho
6 hours ago, lampuiho said:

Is anyone getting a crash at Fallout4.exe+129EBC2 when the handcuff is picklocked? It could be unrelated to this mod though because the handcuff is put on by AAF Violate. I do not see any error log related to it in the papyrus log though.

EDIT: handcuff unlocked by hardship dialogue doesn't crash the game. This combined with the fact that the pointer LockpickingMenu* is in the register, the crash is definitely happening when closing the lockpicking UI.

EDIT2: looking at your code, you wait(0.1)  after having the door activate on the player. maybe there is a race condition between you deleting the door straight after vs the door "opening" after the lock picking menu closes. Maybe use "DeleteWhenAble" instead of "Delete"?

EDIT3: After testing, you can REMOVE the lines invisibleDoor.DisableNoWait() and invisibleDoor.Delete() because the door is automatically deleted straight after the function is returned.

Were you able to solve the crash with your changes?
I am preparing a small maintenance release (couple of bugfixes + update to newest LL FourPlay plugin), so I am ready to make changes to solve the issue.

[Edit]

My code is:

invisibleDoor.Activate(player, true)
Utility.Wait(0.1)
Bool unlocked = !invisibleDoor.IsLocked()

If things as you are suspecting and the wait is not long enough in some cases, then I need to increase the wait even if I remove the Disable/Delete sequence. Otherwise the handcuffs will not be unlocked after picking the lock.

Edited by Kharos
20 hours ago, Kharos said:

Were you able to solve the crash with your changes?
I am preparing a small maintenance release (couple of bugfixes + update to newest LL FourPlay plugin), so I am ready to make changes to solve the issue.

[Edit]

My code is:

invisibleDoor.Activate(player, true)
Utility.Wait(0.1)
Bool unlocked = !invisibleDoor.IsLocked()

If things as you are suspecting and the wait is not long enough in some cases, then I need to increase the wait even if I remove the Disable/Delete sequence. Otherwise the handcuffs will not be unlocked after picking the lock.

Yes, after removing the disable and delete lines, it no longer crashes. The refID is also no longer referenced straight after, indicating that the marker door is indeed deleted. You did set the deletewhenable flag for placeatme, so it is redundant to prematurely delete it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that it still crashes when unlocking the handcuffs after loading the save when you have unlocked it in the same area. (to clarify the reproducable steps

1. save with handcuffs on

2. unlock handcuffs

3. load save

4. unlock again

5. crash) Crash is at the same address. I do not know the cause though. Need more extended testing to find the cause...

Edited by lampuiho
41 minutes ago, lampuiho said:

Yes, after removing the disable and delete lines, it no longer crashes. The refID is also no longer referenced straight after, indicating that the marker door is indeed deleted. You did set the deletewhenable flag for placeatme, so it is redundant to prematurely delete it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that it still crashes when unlocking the handcuffs after loading the save when you have unlocked it in the same area. (to clarify the reproducable steps

1. save with handcuffs on

2. unlock handcuffs

3. load save

4. unlock again

5. crash) I do not know the cause though. Need more extended testing to find the cause...

I agree that the disable/delete is unnecessary, I just removed it for the next release.

Does it also crash when you quit and restart the game before loading the save? Fallout 4 has multiple issues where state can "bleed through" a save/load cycle. For example if you save, trigger a landmine and then load the save (before the landmine was triggered), the landmine is missing. If you quit the game, restart it and load the save, the landmine is there as it should be. Maybe this is a similar situation.

32 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

@Kharos would it be possible to add a trigger for modevents on a shock (triggered by remote or punishment), a wrong accescode and a lockout trigger? As they are function calls en not events I don't think there is a way to do this currently.

Library.psc currently has the following custom events:

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is applied to a character.
; akArgs[0]: Actor, akArgs[1]: Restraint
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintApplied

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is unapplied from a character.
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintUnapplied

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is triggered
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintTriggered

So you should already be able to get an event when collars are triggered, though you will not get information about why.
I could add two more for failing to access  and for being locked out. Is that what you want, or did I somehow misunderstand?

9 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Library.psc currently has the following custom events:

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is applied to a character.
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintApplied

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is unapplied from a character.
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintUnapplied

;
; Custom event sent when a restraint is triggered
;
CustomEvent OnRestraintTriggered

So you should already be able to get an event when collars are triggered, though you will not get information about why.
I could add two more for failing to access  and for being locked out. Is that what you want, or did I somehow misunderstand?

Hmm missed the trigger event then :P  What I want to do or at least try to implement as the dialogue system in FO4 is dogsh*t is to make a NPC/follower respond to an RH event. Like make a comment about the collar triggering or acting on a removal attempt.

I find that after removing those delete, I could only solve that instance of save game and I still get CTD randomly elsewhere.
I added a while loop to wait until the menu is closed but no, the code runs only after the menu is closed so it never went inside the loop. And the game still crashes.

So I am trying to use a permanent objectreference and so far everything seems fine. I changed the RH_InvisibleDoor form at xx000828 to an objectreference of the invisible door from fallout4.esm. And modified the Resource script and library script accordingly. I still have to wait for a second outside of the loop which it never enters for the door to unlock

1 hour ago, lampuiho said:

I find that after removing those delete, I could only solve that instance of save game and I still get CTD randomly elsewhere.
I added a while loop to wait until the menu is closed but no, the code runs only after the menu is closed so it never went inside the loop. And the game still crashes.

So I am trying to use a permanent objectreference and so far everything seems fine. I changed the RH_InvisibleDoor form at xx000828 to an objectreference of the invisible door from fallout4.esm. And modified the Resource script and library script accordingly. I still have to wait for a second outside of the loop which it never enters for the door to unlock

Yeah, I tested even with FallSouls and it only continues after the interaction has closed.

I was not aware that there is an invisible door in Fallout4.esm. If I knew I would have used that one from the start. Can you please tell me the form id?

22 hours ago, Kharos said:

I was not aware that there is an invisible door in Fallout4.esm. If I knew I would have used that one from the start. Can you please tell me the form id?

RHC_crashfix.7z
Please rename the patch file here to something else and load your own esp in fo4edit. Then right click on your own esp and  click on "compare to" and choose my esp. Then you will see the changes.

20 hours ago, Rias_Gremory23 said:

Hi I had the version 4.7 installed and I was wondering what is the process for updating to the latest version?

• Make a dedicated savegame with the old version (technically not necessary but it's a good practice, it allows you to go back if there is a problem)
  • Install the new version of the mod, overwriting the old version
  • Load the savegame and wait until you get the notification that the mod has updated (this can take some time; if you are not sure whether the update has already happened then open the MCM menu and look at the version information, it shows a message while the update is in progress)
  • Make a savegame with the new version
On 6/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, Tentacus said:

Hey... Not to be a bother but my mod: Hardship Has had significant RH functionality and has had RH as a Master for well over a year at this point and still isn't mentioned on the compatible mods list. :)

I'd really appreciate if you'd add it @Kharos as I am a big fan.

I added a list to the main post: "Mods with special support for Real Handcuffs". I am sure I missed some, so anybody feel free to tell me if there are other mods that should be on this list.

21 minutes ago, Kharos said:

I added a list to the main post: "Mods with special support for Real Handcuffs". I am sure I missed some, so anybody feel free to tell me if there are other mods that should be on this list.

AAF Violate uses RH.  I tried to exercise some of RH's less commonly used features - for example, when you get put in a collar, the lock will be coded, and the NPC who applied the collar gets a note in their inventory with the code on it.

29 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

AAF Violate uses RH.  I tried to exercise some of RH's less commonly used features - for example, when you get put in a collar, the lock will be coded, and the NPC who applied the collar gets a note in their inventory with the code on it.

Of course, don't know how I could forget that one! Updated ?