1 hour ago, Morion4 said:

Any one know how to get rid of shock collars placed on the player/followers by npc's?
In game wise, not mcm or cheat or anything like that.

Depends on how you got the collar. This mod only provides the hardware, it does not put collars on you.

Most probably the NPC who put it on you has a note with the code.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Depends on how you got the collar. This mod only provides the hardware, it does not put collars on you.

Most probably the NPC who put it on you has a note with the code.

yeah, got put on my pc, my companion and a settler after the settlement got attacked and we lost.
As I was sorting through the npc inventories because they are nasty little thieves I stumbled upon the not in one of their inventories.
Needless to say he is an asshole for taking the note.

But thanks.

5 hours ago, Morion4 said:

Any one know how to get rid of shock collars placed on the player/followers by npc's?
In game wise, not mcm or cheat or anything like that.

In addition to the unlock code note Violate adds when it puts a collar on someone, users of the Sexual Harassment mod can pay excessive sums to a hacker in the Dugout Inn to have shock collars removed from the player. Other mods may have similar removal options for shock collars.

Strange thing is I can never find the Punishment/Torture mode for the shock collars. The option just isn't there.

And yes, I checked. It's the most recent version. I tried both crafted ones and bought ones.

I kinda hope you're planning to add more options in the future (if you're still working on this mod).

3 hours ago, POLE7645 said:

Strange thing is I can never find the Punishment/Torture mode for the shock collars. The option just isn't there.

And yes, I checked. It's the most recent version. I tried both crafted ones and bought ones.

I kinda hope you're planning to add more options in the future (if you're still working on this mod).

Punishment is available on the Mark 3 version of the collars.

5 hours ago, POLE7645 said:

Just checked and the option isn't there. Or on Hacked.

Although, for some reason there's a way to craft the Mark III firmware, but not Mark II. Weird.

You need a collar with the mark 2/ mark 3 firmware in your inventory to craft the firmware. Imagine that "crafting" here just means that you download the software from one of your collars onto a holodisk.

I have no idea why the punish option is missing...

Edited by Kharos
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there could be an option to cut the handcuffs on Weapon workbenches and armor workbenches around the commonwealth as addition to the owned workshops.

Would i be able to do this myself with F4Edit by messing with some keywords?

22 minutes ago, jarno5 said:

I was wondering if there could be an option to cut the handcuffs on Weapon workbenches and armor workbenches around the commonwealth as addition to the owned workshops.

Would i be able to do this myself with F4Edit by messing with some keywords?

1 hour ago, yukitokuroya said:

It's back? Since when? Looked up yesterday and it was hidden.

The log says:

> 02 March 2022, 8:02PM

> Neanka changed some attributes to Mod Configuration Menu: 'file hidden from public viewing'
> 08 March 2022, 4:34PM

> Neanka changed some attributes to Mod Configuration Menu: 'file visible to the public'

So it was set back to "visible" just a few hours ago, same with EDI. Not sure what is going on, there are rumours but I refuse to deal in that kind of gossip ?.

[Edit] Some of their other mods are still set hidden. Here is a reddit with some more download links, hidden files can still be downloaded from nexus if you know how to do it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/t5rhzo/fo4_nexus_mods_download_links_for_neankas_mods/

Edited by Kharos
7 minutes ago, Kharos said:

The log says:

> 02 March 2022, 8:02PM

> Neanka changed some attributes to Mod Configuration Menu: 'file hidden from public viewing'
> 08 March 2022, 4:34PM

> Neanka changed some attributes to Mod Configuration Menu: 'file visible to the public'

So it was set back to "visible" just a few hours ago, same with EDI. Not sure what is going on, there are rumours but I refuse to deal in that kind of gossip ?.

[Edit] Some of their other mods are still set hidden. Here is a reddit with download links, hidden files can still be downloaded from nexus if you know how: https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/t5rhzo/fo4_nexus_mods_download_links_for_neankas_mods/

Good to know. The rumors are Nexus' stance in the Russo-Ukrainian war.

13 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Yeah let's not kick that beehive. It's back online, that's good to see.

Definitively. A lot of mods depend on MCM. I hope that Neanka realized that setting it to hidden was not a good move...

5 hours ago, Kharos said:

Definitively. A lot of mods depend on MCM. I hope that Neanka realized that setting it to hidden was not a good move...

Since Nexus fully owns all mods uploaded to their site, "forever", they could just perma ban him and flag all his mods as public. Actually, they could just delete his account, take the mods and post them to one of their accounts.

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Since Nexus fully owns all mods uploaded to their site, "forever", they could just perma ban him and flag all his mods as public. Actually, they could just delete his account, take the mods and post them to one of their accounts.

I am not a lawyer, but here are the relevant terms of service of nexus: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/18-terms-of-service#RightsYouAre

They do not own the mods - the mods are still fully owned by their creator- but by uploading mods on Nexus you give them a license to distribute them, and you are not able to revoke this license later if you change your mind (they also claim some further rights, again I am no lawyer but my best guess is that the purpose of these further rights is to cover things like modpacks, user screenshots, the search function/top mods list, etc).

So they could probably do what you describe, but not because they "fully own all mods".

6 hours ago, Kharos said:

So they could probably do what you describe, but not because they "fully own all mods".

In essence they do.

"In particular, we may retain your content indefinitely and are not obliged to delete your content if you so request. The rights you grant us continue after this agreement is terminated or your access to the site is withdrawn by us."

"You" cannot delete your content, unless they want to allow it. So, they can continue to use your content "royalty free" any way they want as the agreement has been terminated and you no longer have access to your content. Soooo... yes they can, if they want to, fully own your content.

Now the simple way around this is to upload a mod that is nothing but a url to an off site hosting. You retain full control of your content and they have nothing but a url.

45 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

"You" cannot delete your content, unless they want to allow it. So, they can continue to use your content "royalty free" any way they want as the agreement has been terminated and you no longer have access to your content. Soooo... yes they can, if they want to, fully own your content.

Again: They do not own it. They have a license that allows them to use it, and you cannot revoke that license, but you are the owner. This is an important difference. It means that while you cannot revoke their rights to the version that you uploaded, you can continue developing your mod, and they do not have any rights to new versions (as long as you do not upload these new versions on their site). You can also distribute the mod on different sites (their license is not exclusive).

This is not a new concept by the way. Most open source licenses work the same way: When you put your software under an open source license, you are not able to revoke that license later and force existing users to stop using (or even distributing) that software. But you can release new versions under a different license, including commercial licenses.

2 hours ago, UltronRulesAll said:

resaver is reporting unattached instances?

That's normal. Some mods have UI's that wait for the scripts to fire. So, be careful about removing UI's.. it's not a good idea unless you know exactly which ones need removed.