On 6/7/2021 at 4:14 AM, lampuiho said:

RHC_crashfix.7z
Please rename the patch file here to something else and load your own esp in fo4edit. Then right click on your own esp and  click on "compare to" and choose my esp. Then you will see the changes.

Integrated your fix. I was never able to reproduce the crash, but it is still working for me. I attached a preview of the next version in case you want to give the fix a final test.

RealHandcuffs.0.4.13.7z

Edited by Kharos
36 minutes ago, Rias_Gremory23 said:

How to i store bound npcs to the vertibird cargo? Im using the vertibird from gun for hire mod and my prisoner isnt riding the vbird with me

It should happen automatically - when you start riding a Vertibird bound NPCs who are currently following you should disappear and you should get a message that they have been locked in the cargo compartment. When you leave the vertibird they should appear again close to the vertibird.

[Edit]

Technical details, this depends on the OnPlayerEnterVertibird event to detect that the player enters the vertibird.. I do not know how Gun for Hire handles its Vertibird, if it does things very different then it might not work. I suggest you try with a Vanilla vertibird or with one from the Personal Flyable Vertibird mod first [https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47187]. If this works then the problem might be that Gun for Hire handles things too different. If it does not work then it is something different, e.g. my mod does not detect the NPCs as following.

Edited by Kharos

I just uploaded version 0.4.13. This is just a maintenance release to hopefully keep things running smoothly; there are no new features. Changelog:

Version 0.4.13
==============
various small fixes
- add happiness bonus to prisoner mat furniture
- fix assignment of current follower to prisoner mat
- update LL FourPlay plugin to v41
- try to detect and fix missing restraints on game load
- try to handle missing restraints when freeing actor from MCM menu
- fix handling of unequip event to catch cases where a device is unequipped and directly deleted, e.g. by "removeitem" console command
- change lockpicking interaction to try and fix a crash bug (thanks to lampuiho for discovering the fix)

Hey! When the character puts the handcuffs on himself, two sentences appear. The first suggests handcuffing your hands behind your back and the second also suggests handcuffing your back. Perhaps there is some mistake here? And one suggestion should be to put on handcuffs in the front?

39 minutes ago, Rasha2 said:

Hey! When the character puts the handcuffs on himself, two sentences appear. The first suggests handcuffing your hands behind your back and the second also suggests handcuffing your back. Perhaps there is some mistake here? And one suggestion should be to put on handcuffs in the front?

It should say, Secure your hands behind your back and Put the handcuffs away. But I'm 1 version behind atm.

16 hours ago, Kovrtep said:

Hello Kharos,

can you also upload or post the previous version (04.12.7) please?

I would need it  for a shitty made wabbajack load list.

Thanks a lot in advance

I don't have the original file anymore, so I just rebuilt 0.4.12 from source and attached it to this post.

I don't understand why you need it though, you should be able to just upgrade to 0.4.13, the only difference are bugfixes.

RealHandcuffs.0.4.12.7z

48 minutes ago, Rasha2 said:

There are currently no animations for putting handcuffs on front. If you suspect something is wrong then you can post a screenshot to help me better understand the issue.

10 hours ago, Kharos said:

There are currently no animations for putting handcuffs on front. If you suspect something is wrong then you can post a screenshot to help me better understand the issue.

Thank you. Sorry there is no front animation. Hopefully someday it will appear.

11 hours ago, Kharos said:

I don't understand why you need it though, you should be able to just upgrade to 0.4.13, the only difference are bugfixes.

I've seen similar requests going around other mod support threads as well. Apparently this "Wabbajack" tool curates frozen lists of specific mod versions and doesn't allow the user to deviate from them. I expect the complexity of the adult mod scene for games is driving users to solutions like that so they don't have to spend time reading mod descriptions, finding dependencies, adjusting the install and load ordering, et cetera. It seems like a cure that's worse than the disease.

18 hours ago, Kharos said:

I don't understand why you need it though,

Wabbajack requires the file to be at an exact URL. So even uploading the older version won't work as the URL will be different. And the end user cannot edit the .wabbajack. Thus making request like this pointless.

So if a mod list isn't constantly updated.. it will fail.

From what I've read anyway.

39 minutes ago, Elysian97m said:

My game won't launch when this is installed. I independently installed LLFP v41.

Hard to say without further details. In my experience gam not launching is usually caused by missing dependencies. If you have FO4Edit try to launch it, it usually gives better error messages (i.e. it tells you if an expected .esp is missing).

So I've been using this mod for awhile and I've noticed that everytime AAF:Violate calls for Cuffs to be applied it's always the Tightest setting.

So I went looking through the scripts and realized the path that Violate calls from the api just uses the default tightness.

Would it be possible to either have the tightness randomized(Percent Chance?) or for the default to be in the mcm settings?

It's the wasteland so it is reasonable that things wouldn't always be the max level of tightness.

Violate calls with the following

ObjectReference Function RandomRH(Actor akActor)
	AFVTrace(DebugOn,"AFV report: applying RealHandcuffs")
	var[] rhArgs = new var[4]
	rhArgs[0] = akActor
	rhArgs[1] = AFV_Global_RHHingedChance.GetValueInt()
	rhArgs[2] = 0
	rhArgs[3] = rhScript.GetPropertyValue("FlagAddRemoveObjectsSilently")
	return rhScript.CallFunction("CreateRandomHandcuffsEquipOnActor", rhArgs) as ObjectReference
EndFunction

In the RH Scripts that goes down this path none of which considers what tightness to apply.
CreateRandomHandcuffsEquipOnActor
calls CreateRandomHandcuffsCloseTo
Calls CreateHandcuffsWithModsCloseTo

The default Tightness is set in HandcuffsBase
Function SetDefaultParameters(Actor target)
    Tightness = 0
    If (target != None)
        ActorToken token = Library.TryGetActorToken(target)
        If (token != None)
            token.ItemInHand = None
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunction

13 hours ago, iamwookie said:

It's the wasteland so it is reasonable that things wouldn't always be the max level of tightness.

I think it's reasonable that when some raiders slap some handcuffs on you because they want to have their way with you, they will make them tight.

Apart from that I also think that I should not just change the default settings as this will cause changes in other people's mods (EgoBallistic in this case).

I agree they should be tight but you have multiple levels of tightness

This is also why I suggested it as an mcm setting maybe with percentage chances for the different levels.

That would give the end user some control over it while not impacting other mods.

btw the random creation function also doesn't allow for tightness to be passed to it.

ObjectReference Function CreateRandomHandcuffsEquipOnActor(Actor target, Int percentHinged = 20, Int percentHighSecurity = 20, Int flags = 0)
ObjectReference Function CreateRandomHandcuffsCloseTo(ObjectReference placeAtReference, Int percentHinged = 20, Int percentHighSecurity = 20, Int flags = 0)

ObjectReference Function CreateHandcuffsWithModsCloseTo(ObjectReference placeAtReference, Int flags = 0, Int mods = 0)

On 6/11/2021 at 1:19 AM, Kharos said:

Integrated your fix. I was never able to reproduce the crash, but it is still working for me. I attached a preview of the next version in case you want to give the fix a final test.

Yea, it's quite random. I have limited my CPU TDP to 15W so maybe it happens more often at a lower clockspeed and a CPU with many cores because it's a race condition thing. But yea 0.5 second delay also works. Also, yes, a while loop to check if the menu is closed is unnecessary because utility.wait only starts counting after the menu is closed.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:11 PM, antonfros9 said:

wrye bash throws the error "the following warnings were found: Real Handcuffs.esp" and the game now crashes on startup. I have DD, AWKCR, and Just business installed. Compatibility plugins installed under the main one .esp file in the list of mods. F4SE 0.06.17. Game version 1.10.163. Please tell me what the reason is. I'm sorry I don't speak English. This is translator.

Can confirm this, the Just Business Compatibility patch causes an instant CTD in the main menu approximately 5 seconds after the game starts (main screen is shown).

I am not using Wrye Bash and no merged patches, just MO2. Tested all the patches and "RealHandcuffs_JB_Compatibility.esp" turned out to be the culprit.

I have AWKCR (with patch) Just Business (patch disabled) and Servitron (with patch) in my load order and so far i can get past the main menu and load/start a game.

Update:

Turns out a lacking dependency (Extended Dialog Interface) for Just Business prevented the JustBusiness.esp from loading properly, thus resulting in a chain reaction.

You may want to ensure that JB and all its dependencies are loaded properly before engaging the JB patch.

Edited by Spank259

hello i started new game with this new version of real handcuff instead  ones i had previosly,i have to say with this new game i keep crash to desk very often and unable to load the save .i have donwloaded the tool clean saver or resaver fax simile to the skyrim ones, the 2 scripts giving me issue r enableplayer.layer ,every 3-4 autosaves these 2 scripts gone miss and game crash ,even cleaning with the tools doesnt help game seems corrupted and i have to reload the previous clean save,basically i nthis way i am not able to progress the gameplay.in the end i am ask if this problem could be related with this version of the of the mod,cos tbh i never had this problem in past ,and since my ex games was very stable i didnt change my others mods so basically i have got just this  new mod in my game,maybe is not related but in any case is just a question. the unattached instances call :

InputEnableLayer FormIDX 0000002510d3d1c20 btw even deleting with tool this unatached istances i cant load a previous saves so i have to restart game again and again .if u someone have any tips to avoid this issue let me know pls! 

20 hours ago, Spank259 said:

Can confirm this, the Just Business Compatibility patch causes an instant CTD in the main menu approximately 5 seconds after the game starts (main screen is shown).

I am not using Wrye Bash and no merged patches, just MO2. Tested all the patches and "RealHandcuffs_JB_Compatibility.esp" turned out to be the culprit.

I have AWKCR (with patch) Just Business (patch disabled) and Servitron (with patch) in my load order and so far i can get past the main menu and load/start a game.

Update:

Turns out a lacking dependency (Extended Dialog Interface) for Just Business prevented the JustBusiness.esp from loading properly, thus resulting in a chain reaction.

You may want to ensure that JB and all its dependencies are loaded properly before engaging the JB patch.

Yeah, in my personal experience if you get a CTD in main menu, this is usually caused by a missing dependency. This is not limited to Real Handcuffs, it is just a observation that I have made. If you are using a mod manager, please get familiar with its features. Most probably it will show you a warning somewhere about the missing dependency (e.g. MO2 shows an exclamation mark on top right, and an additional exclamation mark in the plugins list, on the line of the plugin that has missing dependencies).

16 hours ago, cascen said:

hello i started new game with this new version of real handcuff instead  ones i had previosly,i have to say with this new game i keep crash to desk very often and unable to load the save .i have donwloaded the tool clean saver or resaver fax simile to the skyrim ones, the 2 scripts giving me issue r enableplayer.layer ,every 3-4 autosaves these 2 scripts gone miss and game crash ,even cleaning with the tools doesnt help game seems corrupted and i have to reload the previous clean save,basically i nthis way i am not able to progress the gameplay.in the end i am ask if this problem could be related with this version of the of the mod,cos tbh i never had this problem in past ,and since my ex games was very stable i didnt change my others mods so basically i have got just this  new mod in my game,maybe is not related but in any case is just a question. the unattached instances call :

InputEnableLayer FormIDX 0000002510d3d1c20 btw even deleting with tool this unatached istances i cant load a previous saves so i have to restart game again and again .if u someone have any tips to avoid this issue let me know pls! 

This is quite mysterious as I have not made any changes to the input enable layer code in the last few months. I have also very recently started a new game with the newest verison of Real Handcuffs, and it is very stable. So I have no idea what is going on in your game.

Note: Do NOT clean unattached scripts with ReSaver, it will screw up your savegame!

The author of Fallrim Tools even says so officially on the Nexus page: 

Fallout 4 Special Note!!!
Unattached Instances are a normal part of how Fallout 4 operates. I recommend you NOT clean them until I figure out how to distinguish between the ones that are still in use and the ones that are not.