What really makes you happy?

3 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Maybe its because I just woke up, but I don't get it.

I just looked up Tide vs Gain.

They're the same company. Some Websites reviewing them look biased (but *I* started out with a biggie bias, so maybe it was me.)

Plus it's a fucking terrible example for a forum.

Browsers target ads.

Browsers (and forums) wanna know what your interests are, so when that biggie client comes along dripping with cash, they can point to records and point the client in the right direction.

Plus (They'll say) they're newer, more environment-friendly, more cost-conscious, more gender-conscious, and they don't smoke.

Give me a reason to switch browsers, it took me forever to dump MSIE (because hackers mostly hate it)

And it'll be hackers hacking into databases for vague nefarious reasons (like elections) that make me wanna mistrust "Open Source".

But people's patterns are set in granite, people make millllions following those patterns.

"Watching our channel? You're old"

I feel flattered (actually) when whatever random crap I'm watching tries to sell me escalades and expensive watches.

Forums already manipulate people "Don't endorse snowflakes, don't feed trolls" etc.

And when it's time they'll tell us what line to bite on.

25 minutes ago, Toselli said:

I'm really happy when I can spend 24 hours without any interaction with anyone. No conversations, no phone calls, no messages. Sadly, it hardly ever happens.

Seriously, maybe like max three days a year.

You sound like my SO. She pretty much has the house to herself when I'm at work. Then after 2 days she'll message me and ask when I'm gonna come home. lol

Watching the Epic Store bungle a "Steam sale" because they don't have the tech or expertise to do it right. They had to take the entire site down to let publishers who wanted to opt out do so, their lack of regional pricing is hurting the sale by causing more companies to opt out or adjust their prices to be higher than normal, and it's Epic who takes the monetary hit from these mistakes. Even Steam took years to get this sort of thing right.

7 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Tillamook Ice Cream makes me VERY happy.  I've tried Oregon Strawberry, Caramel Butter Pecan, Vanilla Bean, and Coffee Almond Fudge.

Haven't tried that, but I just got back from a vacation to a spot in Colorado that had a homemade ice cream parlor as well as a place that carried just about every brand of soda available in the country. All I can say is I'd turn myself into a diabetic if I lived next to a place like that.

Speaking of the sodas they served:

Sodas.jpg.ee7fddb6079cf1d778e594714f15f1c8.jpg

On 5/23/2019 at 10:50 PM, MrEsturk said:

Haven't tried that, but I just got back from a vacation to a spot in Colorado that had a homemade ice cream parlor as well as a place that carried just about every brand of soda available in the country. All I can say is I'd turn myself into a diabetic if I lived next to a place like that.

Speaking of the sodas they served:

Sodas.jpg.ee7fddb6079cf1d778e594714f15f1c8.jpg

Aside from Rowdy Roddy, every single one of the people featured here has killed thousands, or millions, in pursuit of ideological supremacy.

"Lol right wingers can't take a joke"

How about Hitler soda? Why would that be any worse than Stalin soda, to a survivor of the Kulak purge?

This is tasteless as hell (Har!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's fucking Spring, Finally. I get to plant my peppers and tomatoes. MID FUCKING JUNE! And overnight temps are FINALLY above 60º F.

In 2 weeks, it will be sweltering. But it's cooling. BECAUSE IT'S WARMING!

?

I finally got around to watching "Solo." God damn, Emilia Clarke is adorable without the white hair and huge, contrasting eyebrows.

That's literally the only positive thing I've got to say about that.