BTW, you can struggle out of the gag pretty easily (it's only duct tape, and your hands are free), and removing it won't aggro the raiders the way the collar would.  It's there for humiliation, not real control.

Hmm, speaking of the DC jail, I think maybe that part of the Big Dig quest needs some extra spice... especially if you venture in there w/o backup.

36 minutes ago, stobor said:

BTW, you can struggle out of the gag pretty easily (it's only duct tape, and your hands are free), and removing it won't aggro the raiders the way the collar would.  It's there for humiliation, not real control.

Hmm, speaking of the DC jail, I think maybe that part of the Big Dig quest needs some extra spice... especially if you venture in there w/o backup.

Huh that's weird, I'm sure I took it off once and started getting shot at, maybe a weird quirk on my end.

And yes, yes it does.

1 hour ago, alima309 said:

Initiate the first dialogue with Jun Long, but he didnt give me any note after conversation.....

And he trigger the dialogue repeatly when approaching him........ 

Then the scripts are not working.  At all.  Which suggests that you're on an older, unsupported version of AAF, and your Papyrus logs are probably full of fatal errors.

I installed Raider Pet v1_1

I went to Roadside Pines Motel as I walked up to the raiders they kept firing at me even with Missile Launchers. 

Or maybe I’ve done something wrong?

My AAF is 58beta

I was under the impression that there would be no shooting just a Raider talking to me.

I have Raider Pet at the bottom of my load order.

I went to the Federal Ration Stockpile and as I walked up the road towards it I was attacked my Raiders (one in power armour) guard Dogs. Raider Pet is obviously not working.

I checked and all the scripts have been installed.

I put all my weapons in a locker in a settlement just in case as your instructions say putting all your weapons in storage and walking into a Raider camp and in another section says Start by putting away all weapons and walking into Raider territory unarmed.

Papyrus.0.log

It says No known conflicts. But I have added my load list just in case.

plugins.txt

PS I even did the note delivered by Jun Long in Sanctuary, went to the Corvega plant alone and unarmed and the raiders and turrets just keep shooting at me.

Even tried it with no weapons in my inventory. Same outcome.

I don’t have Devious Devices but I don’t think it gets that far.

I thought I was having trouble with v1_1, but I realize now that I misunderstood the changelog.

When you say "The quest now starts in the background the first time you enter a settlement, so it should start promptly even if you load the mod into a level 50 game", I took that to mean a player-owned settlement.  In fact the quest will start when you enter a city, i.e. Diamond City or Goodneighbor, not a player-owned settlement like Hangman's Alley or Starlight Drive In.  I looked at the conditions in the story manager node and sure enough it checks for the "LocTypeSettlement" keyword.  If you wanted it to start on entry to a player-owned settlement you would need to check for "LocTypeWorkshop".

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but it really confused me.

At any rate, now that I know this, v1_1 works great as far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

If you wanted it to start on entry to a player-owned settlement you would need to check for "LocTypeWorkshop".

I'll add that LocType too, for the next one.  I didn't notice, because I tested in Sanctuary (which is both LocTypes).

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I thought I was having trouble with v1_1, but I realize now that I misunderstood the changelog.

When you say "The quest now starts in the background the first time you enter a settlement, so it should start promptly even if you load the mod into a level 50 game", I took that to mean a player-owned settlement.  In fact the quest will start when you enter a city, i.e. Diamond City or Goodneighbor, not a player-owned settlement like Hangman's Alley or Starlight Drive In.  I looked at the conditions in the story manager node and sure enough it checks for the "LocTypeSettlement" keyword.  If you wanted it to start on entry to a player-owned settlement you would need to check for "LocTypeWorkshop".

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but it really confused me.

At any rate, now that I know this, v1_1 works great as far as I can tell.

19 minutes ago, stobor said:

I'll add that LocType too, for the next one.  I didn't notice, because I tested in Sanctuary (which is both LocTypes).

Ohh, thank you Egoballistic for pointing that out. I actually thought I did something stupid, because v1 worked well for me when I initially tested it, but keep getting slaughtered in V1.1 when trying to approach

@Agnot2014: Your Papyrus log shows no mention of RaiderPet whatsoever.  Which most likely means that the quest is simply not running, since it ought to be leaving log traces any time a save is loaded (among other things).  Check the main quest status in console: 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest'.

What puzzles me is how that could be true, if Jun Long delivered his note.  That required the quest to be running, including the scripts (to put the note in your inventory).

That version of AAF is most definitely supported, since that's what I've been using since it was released.  And you are correct, DD would have nothing to do with the symptoms you're seeing.

I didn't see anything in your load order that jumped out as a potential suspect.

1 hour ago, stobor said:

@Agnot2014: Your Papyrus log shows no mention of RaiderPet whatsoever.  Which most likely means that the quest is simply not running, since it ought to be leaving log traces any time a save is loaded (among other things).  Check the main quest status in console: 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest'.

What puzzles me is how that could be true, if Jun Long delivered his note.  That required the quest to be running, including the scripts (to put the note in your inventory).

That version of AAF is most definitely supported, since that's what I've been using since it was released.  And you are correct, DD would have nothing to do with the symptoms you're seeing.

I didn't see anything in your load order that jumped out as a potential suspect.

Thank You for your help please see Update:

Console save mysavebeforeRaiderPet3

Moved from settlement to outside Diamond city

'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest'

Quest state

Enabled? Yes

State: Running

Current stage 0

Priority 60

Fast travelled to Corvega Assembly Plant.

Walked towards the Raiders outside.

Same as above.

As I approach (no weapons equipped and alone) all the enemy indicators turn red and the raiders and the turrets start shooting at me.

Quest state is still showing this whilst being shot at.

Enabled? Yes

Current stage 0

Priority 60

New Log attached:

Papyrus.0.log

I hope this helps you pinpoint my Problem

Thank You for Your Help.

1 hour ago, tealaerial said:

I really like this mod, makes the game feel much more realistic and grim. I was wondering: would it be possible to disable misfiring and lower the timeout of the collar to 1 minute (or configurable). I feel my character has too much leeway to run off on her own. She should stay put :)

If it were down to 1 min., you'd most likely blow up in mid-animation.  And it would be totally impractical for some of the new content coming. ?

25 minutes ago, stobor said:

@Agnot2014: That's better, the log shows normal RaiderPet traces and no errors.  What it does not show is the mod recognizing a potential captive. 

But I note that you wrote 'no weapons equipped', not 'no weapons in inventory'.  The latter is the required pre-condition. 

I thank You for your time. Update:

Removed all weapons at Home Plate

Fast travelled to Corvega Assembly Plant.

Quest state

Enabled? Yes

Current stage 0

Priority 60

Approached raiders all start shooting at me.

Quest state

Enabled? Yes

Current stage 0

Priority 60

New Log attached

Papyrus.0.log

@Agnot2014: Try approaching on foot, instead of fast travel (fast travel to somewhere nearby, not direct to Corvega, then approach on foot).  The fast-travel may be short-cutting the usual location change events.

The only other theory I can come up with is that some mod has radically altered the CaptiveFaction in your game.  But that would break a number of vanilla quests, so it seems really unlikely.

So far so good. Still testing out how to actually escape. Failed to pickpocket the DD key and now there is no longer an option to pickpocket the DD key holder.  Is that a Game Over situation or will I be able to pickpocket again in the future? Still have to try poisoning my way out.  

Suggestion.  If you have cleared Covega how about you get a note from a DC guard stating that if you don't hand yourself over to a raider gang then DC will be put under siege by all the Raider gangs of the common wealth? 

Side note this would work well with the idea I had about becoming a forced prostitute.  This mod would/could send you there as an outcome for staying too long as a captive.  It would, most likely have to be a separate mod.  It could even be a swanky bordello with a doctor/madam to sell you condoms and contraceptives.  Just a thought

Edit: Once you have added some of the other factions the player gets informed by a GN triggerman that you are being handed over as payment for "insurance" to the Gunners

10 hours ago, stobor said:

@Agnot2014: Try approaching on foot, instead of fast travel (fast travel to somewhere nearby, not direct to Corvega, then approach on foot).  The fast-travel may be short-cutting the usual location change events.

The only other theory I can come up with is that some mod has radically altered the CaptiveFaction in your game.  But that would break a number of vanilla quests, so it seems really unlikely.

What about clothing and Power Armour detection. Does it look for specific power armour keyword or is it down to weight, or armour rating? I have a number of Clothing mods some of which have high armour ratings but are not Power Armour?

Trying to find what is stopping the Raiders being friendly.

Update:

No weapons equipped or in Inventory.

Only vanilla clothing worn and in inventory.

Fast travelled to Starlight Drive-In and walked to Corvega Assembly Plant.

Quest state

Enabled? Yes

Current stage 0

Priority 60

Approached the Raiders and they all shot at me.

So it’s not what I’m wearing.

Am I allowed Med’s ? Stimpaks etc and RSE Condoms and contraceptives?

Is there something in the Lots of data produced with 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' I should specifically look for?

New Log attached

Papyrus.0.log

@Agnot2014: meds are no problem. the power armor check is a builtin Papyrus function, and I don't believe it's looking for anything other than whether you're in a power armor frame.  If RSE items were a problem, there'd be a ton of bug reports.

What is consistently missing from your Papyrus log is a trace saying you were added to CaptiveFaction (a vanilla game faction used for captured settlers and the like).  The checks that should trigger that are:

Spoiler

Function CheckForWeapons( )
    isUnarmed = True

;; Short cut for the most common cases:
    if ( PlayerRef.GetEquippedWeapon( ) || PlayerRef.IsInPowerArmor( ) )
        isUnarmed = False
        return
    endIf

;; Otherwise, we need to actually check inventory:
    Int count = PlayerRef.GetItemCount( ObjectTypeWeapon )
    if ( count > 0 )
        isUnarmed = False
    endIf
    count = PlayerRef.GetItemCount( WeaponTypeThrown )
    if ( count > 0 )
        isUnarmed = False
    endIf

if ( isUnarmed && ! isCaptive )
        MakeCaptive( )
    endIf
EndFunction

This check is run anytime the PlayerRef changes locations.  'isUnarmed' is a boolean condition in the RaiderPetDialogueQuest (part of that long listing of 'sqv' output), if you want to confirm the quest state before getting shot at.

Since there's no sign of script errors in your logs, I have to assume this script event is happening, and these checks are finding something that counts as a weapon (i.e. has keywords like ObjectTypeWeapon or WeaponTypeThrown).  Any unarmed combat mods that add invisible 'weapons' to the character, for example.  (I know I ran into some such in Skyrim, I don't know if there are any for Fallout).

2 hours ago, stobor said:

@Agnot2014: meds are no problem. the power armor check is a builtin Papyrus function, and I don't believe it's looking for anything other than whether you're in a power armor frame.  If RSE items were a problem, there'd be a ton of bug reports.

What is consistently missing from your Papyrus log is a trace saying you were added to CaptiveFaction (a vanilla game faction used for captured settlers and the like).  The checks that should trigger that are:

Hide contents

Function CheckForWeapons( )
    isUnarmed = True

;; Short cut for the most common cases:
    if ( PlayerRef.GetEquippedWeapon( ) || PlayerRef.IsInPowerArmor( ) )
        isUnarmed = False
        return
    endIf

;; Otherwise, we need to actually check inventory:
    Int count = PlayerRef.GetItemCount( ObjectTypeWeapon )
    if ( count > 0 )
        isUnarmed = False
    endIf
    count = PlayerRef.GetItemCount( WeaponTypeThrown )
    if ( count > 0 )
        isUnarmed = False
    endIf

if ( isUnarmed && ! isCaptive )
        MakeCaptive( )
    endIf
EndFunction

This check is run anytime the PlayerRef changes locations.  'isUnarmed' is a boolean condition in the RaiderPetDialogueQuest (part of that long listing of 'sqv' output), if you want to confirm the quest state before getting shot at.

2 hours ago, stobor said:

Since there's no sign of script errors in your logs, I have to assume this script event is happening, and these checks are finding something that counts as a weapon (i.e. has keywords like ObjectTypeWeapon or WeaponTypeThrown).  Any unarmed combat mods that add invisible 'weapons' to the character, for example.  (I know I ran into some such in Skyrim, I don't know if there are any for Fallout).

Thank You

IsUnarmed = False

Is the problem. I have removed all items so there is nothing in my inventory but keys but still 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' says there is IsUnarmed = False.

ScreenShot19496.png

Is there a console command for getitemcount objecttypeweapon?

1 hour ago, Agnot2014 said:

Thank You

IsUnarmed = False

Is the problem. I have removed all items so there is nothing in my inventory but keys but still 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' says there is IsUnarmed = False.

ScreenShot19496.png

Is there a console command for getitemcount objecttypeweapon?

Are you holding R to holster those guns you're packing?  If you hit Vats you will unholster those pythons and will not be considered friendly.  Raiders fear those cannons so make sure you put those sledgehammers away :) 

1 hour ago, GoldenRain said:

Are you holding R to holster those guns you're packing?  If you hit Vats you will unholster those pythons and will not be considered friendly.  Raiders fear those cannons so make sure you put those sledgehammers away :) 

What Guns? Do you mean fists? I know how to equip and unequip fists using ‘R’ they were not equipped.

Sorry I didn’t mean to be short with you it’s just I have been trying to fix this for Days. I appreciate the thought, thank You. :)