Going back to the equipping item causing raiders to go hostile a bit, it seems like some of the Nuka World DLC clothes could cause that. The Fancy Suit & Tie and the Fancy Plaid Suit & Tie. I am going to guess the Fancy Plaid Suit & String Tie will have the same effect as well.

If what I am digging through is correct it is due to AWKCR. It seems like AWKCR took the liberty of adding the neck slot occupation for those clothes probably to simulate the tie, which i am guessing conflict with DD collar. The mod also renamed the clothes to something else for reason unknown; Victorian Suit & Tie, Plaid Suit & String Tie, and Houndstooth Suit & Tie.

Another thing I noticed is a possible issue with the transfer of caps from PC to the first raider who takes all of PC's caps. Those caps will typically all appear in that raider's inventory. However if PC has lots of caps a good portion of it could get lost during the transfer. In a recent test run I had about 200k, and I think only about 10k or so showed up on the raider while the rest is just lost. I think it has to do with the game's issue with transferring stacks of item with more than around 32767 or 65535 for reason that should be obvious to those who are more knowledgeable about the significance of these numbers than me.

Admittedly, this could very well be consider a feature rather than a bug given the nature of the mod?.

I am guessing bobby pins could fall into that also if the PC has a huge stack of them.

Anyone know if the Forged in Saugus Ironworks will start the pet quest? I just finished the vanilla quest there and didn't think of testing this mod in that location until afterward. During the vanilla quest when you enter the boss room a force dialog scene will play and then the raiders will turn hostile, I wonder what will happen with this mod running.

When I was messing around one of the vanilla radiant settlement kidnapped quest was about to start, but an settlement attack showed up just at that time which interrupted the dialog. That got me thinking this mod could totally use the kidnapped quest as a hook. The whole Mama Murphy kidnapped scenario could very well happen!

On 3/1/2019 at 6:04 AM, GoldenRain said:

I am not sure what you mean? I did not see the collar get unequiped while getting hosed with lead. 

Edit:  Oh the mod see you sleep now I get it (face palms self)

See You Sleep can be configured to NOT unequip anything for sleep using its holotape menu.

8 hours ago, afa said:

Admittedly, this could very well be consider a feature rather than a bug given the nature of the mod?.

I can live with that interpretation, yeah.  If a character has that many caps, they've long since ceased to be a meaningful constraint for that character anyway.

8 hours ago, afa said:

If what I am digging through is correct it is due to AWKCR. It seems like AWKCR took the liberty of adding the neck slot occupation for those clothes probably to simulate the tie, which i am guessing conflict with DD collar.

I'd expect it to be impossible to equip gear with a slot conflict, so I'm not sure that'd cause any Unequip events for the collar.

8 hours ago, afa said:

Anyone know if the Forged in Saugus Ironworks will start the pet quest? I just finished the vanilla quest there and didn't think of testing this mod in that location until afterward. During the vanilla quest when you enter the boss room a force dialog scene will play and then the raiders will turn hostile, I wonder what will happen with this mod running.

I'd expect that scripted scene to win out, but I haven't tested that to find out for certain.  I've excluded Saugus Ironworks (and Libertalia) from radiant locations for precisely this reason.  They might be workable, if you don't currently have the vanilla quests for those locations.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:54 AM, afa said:

Another thing I noticed is a possible issue with the transfer of caps from PC to the first raider who takes all of PC's caps. Those caps will typically all appear in that raider's inventory. However if PC has lots of caps a good portion of it could get lost during the transfer. In a recent test run I had about 200k, and I think only about 10k or so showed up on the raider while the rest is just lost. I think it has to do with the game's issue with transferring stacks of item with more than around 32767 or 65535 for reason that should be obvious to those who are more knowledgeable about the significance of these numbers than me.

I use a mod that turns your caps into an object allowing you to stash them anywhere.. .. captrack . link below
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30273

@stobor 

Okay, so another new install.  Same mods since December.  New game  10 hrs in.  All other mods have been nutured… no stalkers, no prostitution, no bounty hunters... nothing activating except your mod. 

I was prepped to go in, settlement at Red Rocket Lexington.  Fast travelled to Sanctuary (fast travel blocker in Elements doesn't work)… I did this to ensure "change of Location" … as well as to unload the Lexington cell... just in case.... I was totally unarmed and naked.

Went I landed in Sanctuary... jun gave me the note from Jared... again.  Okay, so something reset?

Pretty smooth sailing in.  Kept getting stopped and used.  Every raider after says go see boss... everyone of them.  Not just the one last game/install.

GangBossRef 0007bd14 (Jared) … he is also listed as GangMemberRef …. (which I think is the problem?  your mod is seeing him as a GangMember only, not the boss for the miniquest statges"

1st 2 attempts to talk to him (with quest marker above his head) … wouldn't respond and just acted like the other raiders... used me... finally, he entered in dialogue.  Quest objective met.  Marker disappeared... 

And then what happened (since your initial release of the mod), nothing.  He is just a normal raider tell me "I know what to do" .. "get over here"...

nextminiQuest = 0 before dialogue.  Now at 1 … checked quest B0000f99 running stage 0 priority 60 ...

Again, this is the issue.  I have so many attempts at this mod and have nothing.  I was elated with the 1st release.... got some cool clothes... piercings... tape... since then, only one run as allowed me to get to Lucky... and that was before you have more content... 

Just need help to get Jared to move along.

John

26 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Again, this is the issue.  I have so many attempts at this mod and have nothing.  I was elated with the 1st release.... got some cool clothes... piercings... tape... since then, only one run as allowed me to get to Lucky... and that was before you have more content... 

I never met Lucky in v1_2

1 hour ago, Toddi said:

I never met Lucky in v1_2

I met lucky only 1 time out of many runs at this.  V1.6 hasn't worked for me.  Thinking about it, Jared has not moved into the nextminiquest conversations after I have finally met him... I have tried all the various initial answers to see if there is a right answer to trigger Jared... you are r*pist scum, to muttering to yes  you are master.. etc... none of the paths work for me...

I got some sleep.  I have a saved game of mine which is 100 vanilla with only settlement/missions done required to unlock them.  I will make a run with this saved game, with animations and Raider's Pet only.... then I will have to do Sanctuary, get the note, etc... if it works, great, then I will find the other AAF mod that breaks this mod.... if it doesn't well, then, we will know something else.

John

EDIT : of course Ack-Ack and Jared are dead, but at least see if the mod works standalone.  It works for some though.

5 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

EDIT : of course Ack-Ack and Jared are dead, but at least see if the mod works standalone.  It works for some though.

That were the last 2 Bosses who gave Lucky to me.

I don´t think it´s anothe AAF Mod, v. 1.0 & 1.1 worked perfect for me.

Only after 1.2 update Lucky is gone. ?

& the new Dialog leading to the Boss appeared after i manually met him.

9 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

GangBossRef 0007bd14 (Jared) … he is also listed as GangMemberRef …. (which I think is the problem?  your mod is seeing him as a GangMember only, not the boss for the miniquest statges"

No, that's normal.  GangMemberRef is a dynamic alias, filled by a dialogue fragment whenever someone greets you.  It looks like GangBossRef and the 'nextMiniQuest' variable are behaving normally.

It sounds like you're having the generic raider dialogue preempt the boss-specific lines.  I've seen that happen from time to time in-game, but never as consistently as you seem to be getting it.  There is a console hack that should prevent that, by adding a keyword to the boss.

help RaiderPet 4 KYWD
... find RaiderPetSkipGenericLinesKW ...
prid 7bd14 (make Jared the default ReferenceID for commands)
addkeyword RaiderPetSkipGenericLinesKW

If this turns out to be a common problem, I'll have to put that keyword on the boss alias by default.

46 minutes ago, stobor said:

No, that's normal.  GangMemberRef is a dynamic alias, filled by a dialogue fragment whenever someone greets you.  It looks like GangBossRef and the 'nextMiniQuest' variable are behaving normally.

It sounds like you're having the generic raider dialogue preempt the boss-specific lines.  I've seen that happen from time to time in-game, but never as consistently as you seem to be getting it.  There is a console hack that should prevent that, by adding a keyword to the boss.

help RaiderPet 4 KYWD
... find RaiderPetSkipGenericLinesKW ...
prid 7bd14 (make Jared the default ReferenceID for commands)
addkeyword RaiderPetSkipGenericLinesKW

If this turns out to be a common problem, I'll have to put that keyword on the boss alias by default.

What do I do with the 2nd line?  The "... find RaiderPetSkipGeneric ……. "  or is that a comment on what we will add him from you, not to be put into console?

Thanks, man.  

I started a new game after another fresh install of game and mods.  So there is no AAF or AAF mods related to AAF (Prostitution, Sexual Harassment, Elements, etc.) … at Red Rocket Lexington right now, prepped to go inside.  Will now install my AAF and Raider's Pet only …. 

I presume I don't have to go back to Sanctuary and do Sturge's quest (get note)…. I should be able to go right in?

John

EDIT:  I think you will have to add the keyword and maybe change priority to 100 from 60.  Sexual Harassment is priority 100, I think, which is why is it is such a strong and overbearing mod, at times... but it works... every.... time.... like it or not.  :)

Yeah, 2nd line is comment.  just like the parenthetical at the end of the 'prid' command.  I can never remember which commands work with names, and which ones demand the hexadecimal IDs, which is why I recommend that sort of 'help' command at the start.  Besides, it's easier to avoid typos if you have the 'help' output right in front of you.

You shouldn't need to return to Sanctuary, just make sure the quest is actually running (check in console) before you try to kick anything off.

Boosting the quest (and topic) priority is neither necessary nor desirable; it would break DD gag dialogue for one thing (priority 90).  The keyword (or some other change to make the topics mutually exclusive) should be sufficient.

36 minutes ago, stobor said:

Yeah, 2nd line is comment.  just like the parenthetical at the end of the 'prid' command.  I can never remember which commands work with names, and which ones demand the hexadecimal IDs, which is why I recommend that sort of 'help' command at the start.  Besides, it's easier to avoid typos if you have the 'help' output right in front of you.

You shouldn't need to return to Sanctuary, just make sure the quest is actually running (check in console) before you try to kick anything off.

Boosting the quest (and topic) priority is neither necessary nor desirable; it would break DD gag dialogue for one thing (priority 90).  The keyword (or some other change to make the topics mutually exclusive) should be sufficient.

I understand.  I would actually like to see sexual harrassment lowered. For example, if tagged, would one be able to talk.  So if my PC is gagged, I cant really answer the harassers question. Which makes the harasser angry.  Which leads to you know what.   Missing the notifications is one thing. 

John...

can´t get the quest to start, fast travel unarmed to corvega, going to mainentrance and the raiders inside going hostile....   i used the 2 commands from the "spoiler" on the mod-description page- but they dont work, at least for me.

any help? should it be in the load order "above RSE" stuff or below? i have no clue

@johnwnorton: Define "don't work" for the console commands.  You get errors when you type them?  You don't get any RaiderPet trace messages in the Papyrus log?  Did you issue those commands before or after the fast travel?  Is the quest actually running ('sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuet')?

What version of AAF?

Load order is unlikely to matter at all.

its i type them in the console, but nothing of the behavior of the raiders is changing, they are hostile as always - i thought when i walk to the 1st Raider there that it gives me an dialogue option, but it isn´t happening. I have the newest AAF version - Quest isn´t running :(

If the quest wasn't running (as of your post #247) then the commands wouldn't have any effect.  In effect, they're commands issued to the quest.  As of your post #248, the quest was running normally.

So back up a step.  Check that the quest is actually running before you travel to the Corvega factory.  Visit a settlement (any settlement), and it should start automatically.  Once the quest is running, make a save.

If the quest is running, and you're unarmed, travel to the factory.  Raiders still hostile?   Then go back to that previous save, and turn on the 'verbose' setting (and enable Papyrus logging, if you haven't already).  Now search the log file for lines starting "[RaiderPet]".  Those messages should tell me what's going on.

NOTE: please add any log snippets as attachments, rather than putting them directly in a post. 

8 hours ago, stobor said:

If the quest wasn't running (as of your post #247) then the commands wouldn't have any effect.  In effect, they're commands issued to the quest.  As of your post #248, the quest was running normally.

So back up a step.  Check that the quest is actually running before you travel to the Corvega factory.  Visit a settlement (any settlement), and it should start automatically.  Once the quest is running, make a save.

If the quest is running, and you're unarmed, travel to the factory.  Raiders still hostile?   Then go back to that previous save, and turn on the 'verbose' setting (and enable Papyrus logging, if you haven't already).  Now search the log file for lines starting "[RaiderPet]".  Those messages should tell me what's going on.

NOTE: please add any log snippets as attachments, rather than putting them directly in a post. 

thank u, it started now - somehow the fasttraveling to a settlement (tenpines bluff), removing all weapons and grenades, triggered the quest to start then at corvega (i had to go inside, cuz nearly killed alll there xD)

edit: i tried it also with "Libertalia" - also there it worked , but the quest itself didnt made any progression (no piercing, no toxic raider armor, dunno what else i miss) - i upload the papyrus log (20mb...)

Papyrus.0.log

On 3/3/2019 at 7:22 PM, MrCruelJohn said:

I understand.  I would actually like to see sexual harrassment lowered. For example, if tagged, would one be able to talk.  So if my PC is gagged, I cant really answer the harassers question. Which makes the harasser angry.  Which leads to you know what.   Missing the notifications is one thing. 

John...

@stobor

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  Loverslab has been down for me and 4 other devices... not sure what has been going on but finally back up and running?  For now...

So I did do the Raider's Pet 1.2 latest version.... 

And it worked by attaching the keyword 2x to Jared... and 1x on Lucky.  I even got my "Come Hither Ball" to prove it... :)  

It was awesome Bro!  So glad that it finally worked, technically speaking first.... but the actual story!?  Wow, oh wow.  I loved it... 

Though, since it was an early game and not using fast travel (since nothing has really been discovered, going with Lucky to the apartments was hair raising going through the streets with no weapons - challenging - yet so exciting and much more fun!  And while I truly do not try to "cheat my way" through the game, there was a Mirelurk that turned Legendary who kept putting Lucky down (I had to console kill him to save Lucky - NO WEAPONS!)  … lol... I did have to do the apartments 2x because .. reasons... I use NPC travelers and a mercenary group with an Assaultron got the boss to fall from the tower and ended up killing all the raiders - 2nd time, I TCL'd all over and console killed all the mercenary attackers - ie do not set NPC travelers to "ally"... same thing happened at Corvega - killed all raiders "outside"... 

BTW - my character was 7 months pregnant as well... so the twerking and dancing for the boss … a sight to see haha :)

I truly look forward to more Lucky adventures...

Note... the come hither bell shares a slot with the toxic raider piercings... so you can only wear one or the other... shame that.... side note if you want  to change this... the Zipsuit earings are in a different slot than the toxic... so you can wear both zipsuit and toxic jewelry at the same time... I would suggest slot 34, 35 for implementation of the toxic and the come hither bells … would complete the immersion - unless you have toxic raider gloves... sigh, something has to give!)

Thanks for a great mod... take care of the resetting keyword and shouldn't be a problem... 

@stobor

One glitch however... after I completed this, the bounty hunters showed up and threw me into the Diamond City Jail … (RSE Elements) …. I got the hostile guard comments … and usage as I didn't want trouble... I couldn't sleep because of "enemies" near by... was going to die from no sleep... I used "Killall" to check... killed all the guards... didn't even go outside Jail to see who else died...

Meaning, the Guards are put in an enemy faction? which prevents me from sleeping in the jail... can't think of what else in Diamond City that would prevent me from sleeping and having "enemies nearby"... unless anyone else has an idea?

John