1 hour ago, WandererZero said:

I haven't had any downright bugs from this mod. It's a WIP/Proof of Concept mod, when you get down to it. I imagine we'll see stuff added to it over time. 

Works as stated.

Only glitch I had is getting the tape off and the magic effects of being gagged.  Devious Devices has this now and again where you have to put something back on to take back off again, so this is no surprise.

I am actually waiting for the next release to see where we will be taken next.

I actually wrote in the Just Business thread about the Auction House and how it would be if the player would/could be sold into slavery... whatever that would be... to be a commanded a "NPC" for a time determined duration.... 

There is a lot of possibilities and this Raider's Pet is off to an awesome start... 

John

PS - got to have Jared alive at Corvega to have full effect.  Wonder if one could resurrect him if you have already done the quest for Ten Pines.... 

32 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

PS - got to have Jared alive at Corvega to have full effect.  Wonder if one could resurrect him if you have already done the quest for Ten Pines.... 

Not strictly true.  Any location with a defined Raider boss (Ack-Ack at USAF station Olivia, Jared at Corvega, etc.) will have the boss dialogue available.  The only thing that's specific to Corvega and Jared is the motivational prop that Jun Long's note provides.

7 minutes ago, stobor said:

Not strictly true.  Any location with a defined Raider boss (Ack-Ack at USAF station Olivia, Jared at Corvega, etc.) will have the boss dialogue available.  The only thing that's specific to Corvega and Jared is the motivational prop that Jun Long's note provides.

Oh, oh, oh... that's even more cooler!  haha... I got places to go then!

I presume this means the collar giver is there too?

THanks, brother!

John

2 hours ago, NeebNeebSkyrim said:

But how is it holding up with the bugs/reports as of today? everything still seem pretty structurally sound?

Aside from one horrible problem w/ an out-of-date AAF installation, most of the bugs that I've observed (or have been reported by others) have been fairly minor.  The ones I know about will be fixed in short order.  Those include:

• A problem where Jun Long would follow you outside Sanctuary.
  • A problem where your Companion might drop into ForceGreet mode (and thus slow to a walk) without you noticing, and get left in the dust.  That can happen in the vanilla game too, so people may not have noticed.  But I did.
  • A related problem where Companion scenes were triggering in far more cases than intended (they're supposed to follow clearing a location).
  • Problems starting the mod seamlessly, if you're using an alternate start or loading it into an existing high-level save.  Workarounds exist for that issue.

Of course, it helps that much of the core design for this mod was already extensively tested in one of my previous mods.  I wasn't figuring things out from scratch.

EDIT: Oh, and as one other person mentioned, there are some intermittent problems where DD items don't equip properly via scripting (they may not render, and won't actually be locked on).  Taking the item off/on in inventory should fix this, but that may have unwanted consequences in the case of a collar.   My advice is to make a save prior to meeting a raider, just in case.

Oh right, the tape gag, is there a particular dialogue/event/way to trigger that or is it just pure chance? I get the collar all the time, but never the tape.

Also I think I am getting the Cait scene to trigger no problem after first successful escape.

The Diamond city guard scene is a nice touch, maybe a little more frequent? But I don't know if that will get old in the long run. It took me a very long time keep talking to them to cycle through the modded and vanilla dialogue.

6 hours ago, afa said:

Oh right, the tape gag, is there a particular dialogue/event/way to trigger that or is it just pure chance? I get the collar all the time, but never the tape.

Also I think I am getting the Cait scene to trigger no problem after first successful escape.

The Diamond city guard scene is a nice touch, maybe a little more frequent? But I don't know if that will get old in the long run. It took me a very long time keep talking to them to cycle through the modded and vanilla dialogue.

You just have to stay longer … I missed it the first time because I escaped early.  Wait till the boss says go find some duct tape.... 

and the Diamond City convos was a great touch.

@afa: The tape gag is after most of the other boss dialogue (intentionally - I don't want gag talk getting in the way of his other lines; I don't mind it being substituted for the more repetitive general raider topics).

I intend for there to be a fair amount of variability, as more mini-quests get added to raider interactions.  The order of those mini-quests will be somewhat random, though there will likely be some logical order imposed on them too.  Some will always occur, while others may depend on circumstances - including depending on player responses.  So there will probably be ways to influence the direction.

Once there are enough mini-quests to make it worthwhile, I'll probably put a roadmap of them in the OP (under a spoiler).

Cool idea and the note could actually start other scenarios. This would also work well as a % chance after a Violate event if those 2 could be tied somehow. 

I was in Corvega with Jared (I had been for a bit seeing what I could and couldnt do) and as a new game I had no chance to pickpocket the key so I improvised...and turned on the Protectron who proceeded to kick everyones ass including Jared. I loot the key, unlock and leave but there wasnt any notice and I didnt get the Blackwidow perk as well as some, not all, of my gear was in inventory. All seemed ok though, and I ran back to Sanctuary. As I was at the chem station rebuilding the few missing outfit pieces....I suddenly exploded in a fireball. I still had the collar in my inventory but I wasnt wearing it, was this because the robot killed Jared? 

All in all, this is a good one, thanks.

@Vuulgar: Odd.  That sounds like it didn't detect the collar removal at all.  The fact that the Protectron killed Jared wouldn't cause any problems, that's one of my most common testing scenarios.  Equipping a weapon, once you're clear, would probably have gotten the perk and XP - but might still have left the collar in 'isTicking' state.

The raiders shouldn't take armor, only weapons, keys, all-but-one bobby pin, and caps.  Strip armor, yes.  Remove it from your inventory, no.

EDIT: Also, most of those items stay on the raider who collared you.  Keys get passed to the boss (if he can be identified).

2 hours ago, stobor said:

@Vuulgar: Odd.  That sounds like it didn't detect the collar removal at all.  The fact that the Protectron killed Jared wouldn't cause any problems, that's one of my most common testing scenarios.  Equipping a weapon, once you're clear, would probably have gotten the perk and XP - but might still have left the collar in 'isTicking' state.

The raiders shouldn't take armor, only weapons, keys, all-but-one bobby pin, and caps.  Strip armor, yes.  Remove it from your inventory, no.

Just to add to odd, I decided to go back to a save before I went to the plant and thought I would do some mindless running around shooting stuff because...and I get a message I now have Black Widow perk even though at this point I hadnt been in the plant yet. I have no idea how thats even possible lol. The outfit pieces that were missing were some Shino clothes and Easy Girl, one is slot 37, one is 36 I think and one is in the 50s, maybe 58. 

I am going to go back further in my saves and start over to see what results repeat.  

@stobor

So, I guess my next question is: 

Do you have a roadmap for the mod? (Alternate: What can we expect in the next update?)

Do you plan for other mod integrations, similar to DD? 

Any plans for settings via MCM? 

I tend to have mods I run all the time, and some I sort of keep off to the side until they broaden and have more depth to them, or in this case...get more functionality. I kinda want to know how I should classify Raider Pet in this instance.  I don't plan to abandon the mod, I like it....it's staying, but I have also found I tend to stray away from it, and what it provides....that's not a commentary or a criticism of RP in any way; this mod has great potential. 

I guess, if I were to TL;DR it: should we expect rapid updates with small additions, or semi frequent updates with more functionality added? If the latter, I'd probably shelve it until it gets updated. If the former, I'll probably let it keep a slot in my load order. 

@WandererZero:

Next update is tentatively coming on Friday.  That'll contain a number of bug fixes, polishing rough edges - and laying the groundwork for future expansion.  I've built the foundations for adding mini-quests, and added the first stages of a new, more complex mini-quest (introducing a new actor who'll have a bigger role later).

I'll also be updating the OP with modder documentation.

I don't have a long, detailed roadmap that I'm marching towards.  That'll depend on ideas, opportunities, and inspiration.  But broadly, my priorities are:

1. squashing any remaining bugs
  2. enabling mod interactions
  3. adding depth and variety to the base scenario (i.e. mini-quests)
  4. adding more consequences to decisions (as they occur to me)
  5. expanding the mod to other factions (Supermutants and/or Gunners)

2 minutes ago, stobor said:

enabling mod interactions

Might I recommend CRX Crosses and perhaps Gray Users "Bad Ending" here? Because...

3 minutes ago, stobor said:

adding more consequences to decisions (as they occur to me)

Mouthing off might get you tied to a pole for awhile. 

...or some time in the chair. 

3 minutes ago, stobor said:

expanding the mod to other factions (Supermutants and/or Gunners)

Super Mutants, fo sho. Gunners too. But, gotta tell ya...

Forged and Children of Atom are criminally under-utilized in this game. As are Trappers over at Far Harbor. 

I'd look at the Forged, sure.  But I have a strong suspicion that their behavior is too tightly scripted by their own scenes.   CoA has potential, but not a lot of fixed locations off the top of my head.  They mostly turn up as random encounters.

The raider factions in Nuka World would be candidates too, probably before the Trappers.

5 hours ago, stobor said:

I'd look at the Forged, sure.  But I have a strong suspicion that their behavior is too tightly scripted by their own scenes.   CoA has potential, but not a lot of fixed locations off the top of my head.  They mostly turn up as random encounters.

The raider factions in Nuka World would be candidates too, probably before the Trappers.

I didnt notice if someone said this but how about Pillars of the Community? 

New version v1_1 is up, see the change log for details.  Documentation of modder APIs (events and remote functions) has been added to the OP, in the form of a working example with lots of comments.

This version should work more seamlessly in alternate starts or when added to a late-game save.

New version v1_1 is up, see the change log for details.  Documentation of modder APIs (events and remote functions) has been added to the OP, in the form of a working example with lots of comments.

This version should work more seamlessly in alternate starts or when added to a late-game save.

Great stuff, you got any ideas about what kind of mini quests you might add in?

I have plans for 'Lucky', as a potential ally (or betrayer).  Errands to nearby sites to scavenge or pickup drugs, with attendant risks and opportunities.  Things like the original mini-quest (fetching duct tape for the boss).  I'm open to suggestions.

My main focus this week was building the foundations that'd make those possible, without turning the dialogue conditions into a hopeless tangle in the process.

I have plans for 'Lucky', as a potential ally (or betrayer).  Errands to nearby sites to scavenge or pickup drugs, with attendant risks and opportunities.  Things like the original mini-quest (fetching duct tape for the boss).  I'm open to suggestions.

My main focus this week was building the foundations that'd make those possible, without turning the dialogue conditions into a hopeless tangle in the process.

I don't know if this is just me, but when I'm in the plant there's no 'boss' npc that I can find, there's a normal raider who has my lockpicks and caps but I can't find anyone else or Lucky at all :S

Is there something I'm missing?

45 minutes ago, KitKatKseniya said:

I don't know if this is just me, but when I'm in the plant there's no 'boss' npc that I can find, there's a normal raider who has my lockpicks and caps but I can't find anyone else or Lucky at all :S

Is there something I'm missing?

I think you met wrong person, keep looking for. If you find the right person , He will give you the quest to find Lucky, do not worry, this quest with mark

Check 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' in console.  If the GangBossRef alias isn't filled, then there really isn't any boss, and thus no alias to fill for 'Lucky' either.  That happens all the time if you have the bad luck to get caught by random raiders, but it doesn't usually happen in camps.

2 hours ago, KitKatKseniya said:

So is it just chance based whether you have a boss or not?

Not really.  Most of the time it works just fine, and most locations have a readily-identified boss NPC which the alias will reliably find.  But FO4 (or Skyrim, or ...) quest aliases can fail to fill, e.g. if the NPC is dead or disabled, and the quest needs to keep working when that happens.  The alternative is to make an alias-fill problem into a catastrophic failure.

So what you get instead is a working quest, with fewer features.

But in your case, it looks like the alias filled just fine.  I believe that's Corvega's alternate boss (not Jared), and should be in the same location Jared uses (upstairs in the office overlooking the main factory floor).

If you really can't find him, try 'player.moveto ID', where ID can be obtained from the quest property GangBossRef.

EDIT: The fact that GangMemberRef and JealousRival aliases aren't filled is normal.  Those are filled dynamically, by dialogue responses - not by the quest-startup.