30 minutes ago, jaqiue96 said:

I don't have the right animation pack. Which should I use? 

I think Leito and SavageCabbage are probably enough to make sure there are some animations available for any combo, but I also have Crazy, Atomic Lust/Mutated Lust, and probably one or two others I'm forgetting.  Also, all three AAF tag themes.

5 hours ago, stobor said:

Not really.  Most of the time it works just fine, and most locations have a readily-identified boss NPC which the alias will reliably find.  But FO4 (or Skyrim, or ...) quest aliases can fail to fill, e.g. if the NPC is dead or disabled, and the quest needs to keep working when that happens.  The alternative is to make an alias-fill problem into a catastrophic failure.

So what you get instead is a working quest, with fewer features.

But in your case, it looks like the alias filled just fine.  I believe that's Corvega's alternate boss (not Jared), and should be in the same location Jared uses (upstairs in the office overlooking the main factory floor).

If you really can't find him, try 'player.moveto ID', where ID can be obtained from the quest property GangBossRef.

EDIT: The fact that GangMemberRef and JealousRival aliases aren't filled is normal.  Those are filled dynamically, by dialogue responses - not by the quest-startup.

Thanks for that, found the main boss person with that code, could have sworn I'd checked everybody but I guess not :)

Question:  is there an alternate way to trigger this quest with Jared for the new Conquerer Sim Settlement mod? Perhaps in future version.

I think I read you end up fighting the minutemen and with prebuilt raider cities, I suspect the quest start wont happen.

And secondly,  I found lucky one play through in testing.  2nd time in a different playthrough I didn't find her (her in my run)...  Jared never mentioned lucky in my dialogues and ended up leaving because he wouldn't ever redress and was the same "get over here"... 

And btw, love it and eagerly wait for what you have coming next?   

Thanks.

John

Edit:  also, Conqueror can use Raider Overhaul... conflicts here?

On 2/7/2019 at 1:01 AM, stobor said:

EDIT: Oh, and as one other person mentioned, there are some intermittent problems where DD items don't equip properly via scripting (they may not render, and won't actually be locked on).  Taking the item off/on in inventory should fix this, but that may have unwanted consequences in the case of a collar.   My advice is to make a save prior to meeting a raider, just in case.

From my experience it happens when the player's inventory is open.

Calling utility.wait(0.1) before equipping the item will wait until inventory is closed

On 2/1/2019 at 11:30 PM, stobor said:

Did he give you the note?

EDIT: I'll limit his package to Sanctuary in the next update.  In the meantime, you should be able to get him to stop using a console command:

setpqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest hasBeenThreatened_var True

(if I'm remembering the console syntax correctly).

Welp it turns out that it was just my stupidity. I forgot to update my game.

16 minutes ago, thor said:

From my experience it happens when the player's inventory is open.

Calling utility.wait(0.1) before equipping the item will wait until inventory is closed

If the DD item is being equipped in a dialogue script fragment (as in this mod) I can practically guarantee the inventory screen has nothing to do with it.  I don't run into the problem very often, and I don't think I've ever seen it occur if the item has already been rendered in-game at least once.  Which may explain why re-equipping solves the problem.

But it's not common, and I've found no reproducible way to trigger the bug.  So all of this is mostly speculation.

I had a look at some of your scripts ( just for compatibility with a mod I'm creating )

in DialogueQuestScr you have this :

;; Standard event, used when a device is removed via the inventory menu:
;;
Event Actor.OnItemUnequipped( Actor akSender, Form akBaseObject, ObjectReference akReference )
    Debug.Trace( "[RaiderPet] OnItemUnequipped event" )
    Armor Device = ( akBaseObject as Armor )

if ( Device && Device.HasKeyword( DD_kw_ItemType_Collar ) )
        if ( PlayerRef.IsInPowerArmor( ) )
            ;; Bogus device removal caused by power armor.  Ignore it.
            return
        endIf
        if ( PlayerRef.HasKeyword( AAF_API.AAF_ActorBusy ) )
            ;; Bogus device removal during animation setup.  Ignore it.
            return
        endIf
        CollarRemoved( )        
    endIf
EndEvent

the event is firing when the player clicks on the collar and get the DD menu, NOT when the collar is actually removed

it is also firing if UnEquipAll() is called but DD restores the item

I would script it like this :

Event Actor.OnItemUnequipped( Actor akSender, Form akBaseObject, ObjectReference akReference )
    Debug.Trace( "[RaiderPet] OnItemUnequipped event" )

if ( akBaseObject.HasKeyword( DD_kw_ItemType_Collar ) )

; we wait 5 seconds, so if it was removed by some script DD has enough time to fix it

; it will also wait until player closes inventory, which includes making the choice in DD menu
        Utility.wait(5.0)

; now we check if Player is really not wearing a collar

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword( DD_kw_ItemType_Collar )

; it was really removed
              CollarRemoved( )

endif      
    endIf
EndEvent

I noticed another problem in the same script :

;;
;; Respond to the start of an animation (after all setup transitions):
;;
Event AAF:AAF_API.OnAnimationStart( AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs )
    Debug.Trace( "[RaiderPet] OnAnimationStart event" )
    Int status = akArgs[0] as Int

if ( status != OK )
        return
    endIf

;; Break ForceGreet loops (restart the timer, now that setup is done):
    isAvailable = False
    StartTimer( CooldownDelay, RaiderPet_CooldownID )

if ( SecondaryTags == "" )
        return
    endIf

Utility.Wait( SecondaryPosDelay )
    Debug.Trace( "[RaiderPet] Switching to secondary animation position..." )

;; Switch to a new position:
    AAF:AAF_API:PositionSettings NewPosition = AAF_API.GetPositionSettings()
    NewPosition.duration = 60
    NewPosition.includeTags = SecondaryTags

AAF_API.ChangePosition( PlayerRef, NewPosition )
    SecondaryTags = ""

EndEvent

This AAF event will fire on any animation, not only your animations.

This will cause issues with other mods like autonomy since they can launch animations on other actors and you will receive their events.

Since your mod uses interactions with player you can check that the player is one of the actors in the arguments of the event.

As a general rule, you send an actor array when you call AAF to start animations, and AAF with return the same actor array in all the events related to your call, so you just have to verify that at least one actor is the same.

I hope it helps...

2 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I think I read you end up fighting the minutemen and with prebuilt raider cities, I suspect the quest start wont happen.

I imagine that would short-circuit Jared's vanilla quest (and prevent Jun Long from delivering the threatening note).  But it should not interfere in starting the quest in this mod - you would probably find an unnamed NPC boss, instead of Jared, but otherwise things would be the same.  The threatening note is purely motivational; it doesn't actually trigger the quest (because the quest is already running).

In v1_1, the quest starts in the background as soon as you visit a settlement.  Any settlement (location with LocTypeSettlement keyword), in the vanilla game or in mods.  Once that's happened, all you'd need to do is lay down your guns and walk into a raider camp.

For that matter, you could surrender to random raiders on the road - but I don't recommend it, since that practically guarantees there will be no identifiable boss.

12 minutes ago, stobor said:

If the DD item is being equipped in a dialogue script fragment (as in this mod) I can practically guarantee the inventory screen has nothing to do with it.  I don't run into the problem very often, and I don't think I've ever seen it occur if the item has already been rendered in-game at least once.  Which may explain why re-equipping solves the problem.

But it's not common, and I've found no reproducible way to trigger the bug.  So all of this is mostly speculation.

I have also seen this bug if you equip two items in a row without a wait(1.0) between the two calls.

14 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

This last run, Jun gave me note right away once group got to sanctuary... not after sturges build quest. 

Yeah, I found that I'd tightened the conditions on his ForceGreet package - but not on his dialogue topic.  So if you happened to be close enough for him to greet you, he'd give the note earlier than intended.  Not a serious problem, and I've already fixed it on my end.

@thor: Thank you, and I will take those suggestions into consideration.  Firing on AAF animations triggered by other mods is quite intentional - but I probably should at least check that the player is one of the actors.  And anything I can do to make the 'unequip' checks more bullet-proof is desirable.

17 minutes ago, stobor said:

Yeah, I found that I'd tightened the conditions on his ForceGreet package - but not on his dialogue topic.  So if you happened to be close enough for him to greet you, he'd give the note earlier than intended.  Not a serious problem, and I've already fixed it on my end.

Oh it wasn't a problem or complaint, just fyi.

I do look forward to what happens with lucky... if I dont lose my wits and to play along. 

The 2nd time I didn't get lucky so I didn't know if I selected the right dialogue. 

John

22 minutes ago, stobor said:

I imagine that would short-circuit Jared's vanilla quest (and prevent Jun Long from delivering the threatening note).  But it should not interfere in starting the quest in this mod - you would probably find an unnamed NPC boss, instead of Jared, but otherwise things would be the same.  The threatening note is purely motivational; it doesn't actually trigger the quest (because the quest is already running).

In v1_1, the quest starts in the background as soon as you visit a settlement.  Any settlement (location with LocTypeSettlement keyword), in the vanilla game or in mods.  Once that's happened, all you'd need to do is lay down your guns and walk into a raider camp.

For that matter, you could surrender to random raiders on the road - but I don't recommend it, since that practically guarantees there will be no identifiable boss.

If you had a copy of the DD collar in your mod, and if wearer has it equipped and no weapons, player could be placed in the raider faction perhaps?  Maybe a 3rd condition is the toxic raider clothes and piercings.  

If course would be hostile to anyone against the raiders so wear with caution.

Just thoughts about infiltration without boss alias.

(Or gunners or mutants etc as future may be)

Cant wait ti see where you take this.

I don't want to make game-breaking permanent faction changes.  I am considering having one quest branch end up w/ permanent friendly status (while collared, but with weapons permitted, and with the time-bomb disarmed) at one 'home' raider camp.  That would probably trigger more harassment by DC guards, caravan guards, etc., but it wouldn't prevent you from fighting other raiders elsewhere.

But 'endings', good or bad, are still a ways off.  Lots more to do before I get to that point.

6 minutes ago, stobor said:

I don't want to make game-breaking permanent faction changes.  I am considering having one quest branch end up w/ permanent friendly status (while collared, but with weapons permitted, and with the time-bomb disarmed) at one 'home' raider camp.  That would probably trigger more harassment by DC guards, caravan guards, etc., but it wouldn't prevent you from fighting other raiders elsewhere.

But 'endings', good or bad, are still a ways off.  Lots more to do before I get to that point.

I didn't mean a permanent faction change but was just to provoke thoughts.  

I just like the whole you are raiders pet and they can access you whenever.  With the reputation that follows.  

I had been holding off in conqueror because of this mod.  If quest is already started,, then RP can be made by imaging Jared etc are rival raider bosses.   

There's no popup at the moment, and it's not a crafting recipe type thing.  If you're really in doubt, console 'sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest' and scroll up to look for the flag 'hasPoison'.  From there on out, it's a passive effect that gives a chance that people you meet will take poisoned food or drugs from you (and subsequently sicken or even die).  The effect stops when open hostilities resume.

I'll have it consume the rat poison in the next release, so you'll at least get a notice that something happened.

I've been playing with this quite a bit, have some suggestions to build on if you like any of them but feel free to ignore them if you think they're rubbish :P

• Having been tape gagged, after so many other encounters, going back to the raider boss will trigger a instance that removes the gag ("I'm only removing this because I want to use that mouth again, I still don't want to hear anything out of it.")   This could allow you to remove the gag without agroing the raiders.
  • Maybe an instance in which your hands are bound, the wrist ropes with DD would be appropriate for raiders to use.
  • I don't have the toxic raider outfit, but I'm under the impression that they give you that after a certain amount of time to kinda show that your becoming more like a raider. An idea I had was that as a humiliation, the raiders would put you in a skimpy/slutty outfit to embarrass you. I know that this would be hard as not everyone will have to same clothing mods, but just an idea.
  • As some people have mentioned the bad end animations would work for unruly slaves, say you decline too often you get put on one of those instead of your collar going off.
  • Diamond City putting you in the jail for a bit (with regular visits from the guards of course)

Just some ideas I had floating around, I'm sure whatever you come up with for the next update will be great :) Thanks