7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

In this case, using time since last sex-act or time since last orgasm to calculate sexual distraction would better represent the documented behaviour of DiD.

I used the Aroused value because that is the value used by every other mod that utilizes SLA.

You can disable the SLA debuff in its MCM, and you can also change how SLA behaves to be more lenient in its MCM.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I used the Aroused value because that is the value used by every other mod that utilizes SLA.

You can disable the SLA debuff in its MCM, and you can also change how SLA behaves to be more lenient in its MCM.

Sure, but in my, granted, limited frame of perspective, and assuming my skim through of earlier posts is something like right, most other mods tend to use the SLA value as a 'key', or 'trigger point', to prompt additional events to take place, or some relatively limited debuff, not add one which almost completely disables the player's ability to progress in the main game. 

No? ?

PS:  That wasn't meant to sound ungrateful in any way.  I have no pretensions to be able to do what you have done.  All I can see is what it has done to my game, and that it's almost unstoppable without changing the calculation of the main measure that many other mods rely on, and then have to adjust all their trigger levels to then try to rebalance the game, as I have just done this pm.  It just feels weird 

15 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Every other mod that uses SLA?

I know a mod that reads more stats than just arousal from SLA, I'm pretty sure you've heard of it.

The only conclusion I can draw is that you believe players should turn off a wider feature in SLA because DiD redundantly duplicated part of it in a less-optional way?

Turning off the SLA debuffs also disables the SLA buffs. Which some people might want to keep.

Still not really understanding why DiD duplicated a debuff that was already handled fine by SLA - and as stated is optional in SLA.

The DiD version seems not so optional - unless you want to get rid of a lot, or all, of DiD functionality.

Previously, I had deluded myself it made sense, because you'd based it on a more useful measure, but then it turns out ... no.

As a fix, I guess I could simply neuter DiD's spells or perks in Tes5Edit or the CK, but not everyone wants to go down that kind of path.

and you can also change how SLA behaves to be more lenient in its MCM.

Not with regard to its buffs/debuffs, they are either on or off.

I'm kind of familiar with the SLA source ... I lot of people may not really pay much attention to what the SLA config values do, or how they work, but trust me, I do

I'm guessing that you mean you can reduce the default exposure rate, which generally is highly relevant to how a mod that messes with exposure ends up pegging you at 100 arousal. (Time rate is another story, but changing that won't stop DD sending your character crazy with a plugged belt)?

Reducing exposure rate has the tiny downside of rendering your character significantly dead to sex outside of extreme stimulation situations.

The exposure rate scales all attempts to modify arousal except via time rate.

The problem here is mods like DD, which (using pump plugs as an example) will happily apply 15 arousal to the player per plug, as often as it likes.

At default exposure rate of 2.0, this ends up adding 30 arousal per hit. And with anal and vaginal plugs, there are a lot of hits.

But if you turn this down to something sane, like a default exposure rate of 0.5, so DD is only adding a little under 4 arousal per hit, you're now getting very little arousal from any other events. And the plugs are still adding 4 arousal quite often. You're still pegged at 100.

Now remove the plug and you're nearly dead to sex.

And then DD comes in and edits your exposure rate for you too. Oh great...

To calm DD down a bit, you can set the exposure level even lower, 0.1 is the lowest. Still, you're gaining arousal fast.

To make this work, the PC has to mess with their exposure rate whenever their circumstance changes.

Or chug frigid potions like crazy. Or just constantly reset your arousal in the SLA "puppet master" menu.

Sure... Some of this dumb behaviour is hilighted by SLA's own debuffs, but DiD piling in and making things worse is ... you know ... making things worse?

In a better world, DD would be more controllable, and have maybe done some work on balancing how plugs and belts work together a bit better. But the chances of getting a change to DD to remedy this are zero, and none.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:31 PM, Lupine00 said:

being stuck permanently XP impaired OR constantly begging for sex is tedious

I always solve this issue by avoiding serious trouble in the early game. Makes sense character-wise - an inexpirienced adventurer would be more cautious and skittish.

Then again, my playthroughs tend to be rather slow and mostly focused around collecting stuff and decorating my home with aforementioned stuff.

I want to clarify, is there a way to avoid the trauma, addiction, and other debuffy stuff via MCM? The trauma, addiction, all of those debuffs are WAAAY overboard of what I want in my Skyrim, I'd rather RP that out then have it seriously affect my game-play. There's also the jail rape(There doesn't seem to be many, if any at all mods that do jail rape), which seems like it'd work amazing, but the trauma and such is what makes me shy away from using this mod. ><

No, I haven't.

I guess you didn't read to the bottom of my post then? :) 

I'm pretty sure you posted on the forum though.

I've probably sounded over critical, but I was just pointing out that changing a couple of details in how it works would make the sex addiction more interesting and distinctive; more like an addiction that can actually be briefly satisfied, rather than a straight-out penalty that often never goes away.

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I guess you didn't read to the bottom of my post then? :) 

I'm pretty sure you posted on the forum though.

I've probably sounded over critical, but I was just pointing out that changing a couple of details in how it works would make the sex addiction more interesting and distinctive; more like an addiction that can actually be briefly satisfied, rather than a straight-out penalty that often never goes away.

I've played 3300 hours on Skyrim, prob about 100+ on the present, serious, game, and I still haven't got this one to LVL 30. 

It's almost entirely because, with SLA running in the 'normal manner', addiction imposes a 75%, yep - SEVENTY FIVE%, slowdown penalty on skills acquisition. 

I have no other part of this mod running currently, and there seems to be no way to stop this happening short of either

1 - having the PC shag everything in sight for 'hours' on a ridiculous basis, or

2 - messing about with the main parameters of SLA (which, remember, is a major foundation mod that loads of others use as part of the main parameters set for most games) to screw up the basis that it uses those to calculate arousal, a value that every 2nd other SL mod depends on being calculated in more or less a 'normal' manner, so that it is contained at a silly value, deprecating the usual impact on that of other mods

I seldom risk mod deletions mid play through, but I am so fed up now that I might just do that, and to hell with the consequences

Before I resort to the Big Red Button, can I please ask you @Code Serpent , to add a small patch to allow us to stop this happening?  I really do like the basis of your mod, and it has the potential for great development if you make it do some of the things you said you had planned, but if you persist with this aspect of it, the imapct of what it does might wind up a lot of people, if it hasn't already, and not just the few of us sounding off here, now. 

And that would be a real shame  ?

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I've played 3300 hours on Skyrim, prob about 100+ on the present, serious, game, and I still haven't got this one to LVL 30. 

It's almost entirely because, with SLA running in the 'normal manner', addiction imposes a 75%, yep - SEVENTY FIVE%, slowdown penalty on skills acquisition. 

I have no other part of this mod running currently, and there seems to be no way to stop this happening short of either

1 - having the PC shag everything in sight for 'hours' on a ridiculous basis, or

2 - messing about with the main parameters of SLA (which, remember, is a major foundation mod that loads of others use as part of the main parameters set for most games) to screw up the basis that it uses those to calculate arousal, a value that every 2nd other SL mod depends on being calculated in more or less a 'normal' manner, so that it is contained at a silly value, deprecating the usual impact on that of other mods

I seldom risk mod deletions mid play through, but I am so fed up now that I might just do that, and to hell with the consequences

Before I resort to the Big Red Button, can I please ask you @Code Serpent , to add a small patch to allow us to stop this happening?  I really do like the basis of your mod, and it has the potential for great development if you make it do some of the things you said you had planned, but if you persist with this aspect of it, the imapct of what it does might wind up a lot of people, if it hasn't already, and not just the few of us sounding off here, now. 

And that would be a real shame  ?

Can't you just untoggle the Whore addiction from the addictions tab in the MCM which would stop SLA values being used for that specific addicton?

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

Can't you just untoggle the Whore addiction from the addictions tab in the MCM which would stop SLA values being used for that specific addicton?

I don't think you can, going by the pics that go along with this mod. It looks like in the MCM the only thing you can do with addictions is monitor them, not remove or keep them from happening if you'd like.

14 minutes ago, Taven said:

I don't think you can, going by the pics that go along with this mod. It looks like in the MCM the only thing you can do with addictions is monitor them, not remove or keep them from happening if you'd like.

No, you can for sure disable all the addictions in the mod. In fact I have been playing without any addictions toggled on. I had a previous playthrough where I only had the alcohol and whore addictions toggled.

Edit: I should note that I am on version 1.08 so unless 1.09 removes those toggles, they should be there under the addiction values.

18 minutes ago, Rachel said:
32 minutes ago, Taven said:

No, you can for sure disable all the addictions in the mod. In fact I have been playing without any addictions toggled on. I had a previous playthrough where I only had the alcohol and whore addictions toggled.

Edit: I should note that I am on version 1.08 so unless 1.09 removes those toggles, they should be there under the addiction values.

The toggles are there, but the addiction still shows up and applies the skill penalty debuff.

38 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

The toggles are there, but the addiction still shows up and applies the skill penalty debuff.

Then there might be an issue with the toggle? I'm using the mod right now, no addictions toggled, and no debuffs being applied.

8 hours ago, Rachel said:

Then there might be an issue with the toggle? I'm using the mod right now, no addictions toggled, and no debuffs being applied.

If your game/SLA setup is not raising arousal at the rate that many people's does (see eg the comments above for some of the DD mod factors that bump up SLA arousal very quickly to high values), then you may well see no debuffs because, assuming I understand what Code Serpent says OK, sex addiction is directly related to the SLA arousal value. 

Put another way, if your PC's arousal is always fairly low, you will get no, or only limited, debuffs

And this happens regardless of the MCM toggles being ON or OFF

10 hours ago, Rachel said:

I believe this is wrong. It confuses addictions and compulsive behaviours.

Whore seems to have no connection to sex addiction at all. I've spent probably 100 hours of time playing with DiD installed (not all on this latest game though) and have always been screwed (ironic use of the word there) by sex addiction - usually stuck at 75% the whole time - but have never yet seen even a trace of "Whore" behaviour being imposed by DiD.

I believe (but may be wrong) that the compulsive behaviours - which can be toggled - come from Trauma, but addictions are non-optional and occur because of things the character does - such a drinking skooma, or being aroused. Sex addiction seems compulsory in all DiD games, but not everyone gets the massive debuffs because they have low arousal.

I had a character who got a lot of trauma, and afterwards Chaurus rapes started happening ... a lot ... but that might just have been FMEA and coincidence.

17 hours ago, donkeywho said:

In my playthrough (sorry, currently without DiD) i even disabled the SLAroused's Desire effect that does much less skill reduction (-5% was it), and always going for the Lovers Stone buff for +15%. These mods encourage player to go for thieving and lockpicking basically, but even those skills wouldn't make any progress with debuffs being high. To me they're actually really really slow with the "fast" setting i play with now.

The reason i don't have DiD on atm is because i keep worrying about its effect on guard dialog. Last playthrough i tried and tried to trigger Cursed Loot's Dagonar prison but it just wouldn't happen. Until i disabled DiD, first talk to guard and i get sent to jail. I always had the crime defeat disabled from this mod's MCM.

11 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I'm not sure why I haven't had this happen for me. The specific character where I was using this mod with everything toggled off, would basically go to sleep and wake up with 100 SLA. Their exposure rate was through the roof.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Except that my character was almost never traumatized. The Whore effect, when I had it enabled, would almost always trigger at the three steps of sex addiction (25%, 50%, 75%). It would not trigger if I was not afflicted with sex addiction.

Anyways, I went ahead and took a look at the addictions in Tes5Edit and if you want I can tell you what you would probably need to edit to either stop the sex addiction from happening or just change at what SLA values it triggers at.

It's an interesting discussion (re: SLA redux and uncontrolled arousal).  However, if you are not into editing SLA in the CK you can instead load this mod:

(vlkSexlife) which has 2 modules one which takes over arousal control from SLA (just leave SLA in your load order, but change settings in the Arousal module of vlkSexlife).  This new way to calculate arousal is superior, in my opinion, and I don't have the problem with DiD limiting character progression like you guys have.  vlkSexlife is an older mod that still works.  The creator stopped changing it years ago.  Just don't let that scare you off -- because it still works fine. By the way, the other module in the mod is a wear & tear panel that alsostill works but could conflict with other wear mods.

4 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Works good and stable ?  I like espicially the wear and tear

It causes no problems for me.  I don't think it even introduces any new variables to understand -- all the settings in the aroused module appear to be the same as in SLA (only the calculation of arousal is different). 

I like vlksexlife. The only reason I don't use it is because it's not compatible with slso. ?

edit: I don't know how possible this is. But instead of the way it's done now (which I think is you have to stay in the cell you're defeated in, and one of the actors that defeats you follows you around), make it so that you can only be a certain distance away from members of the faction you were defeated by? So, like, something that scans the area around you for members of the faction you were defeated by, and there isn't any close enough to you, they punish you/become hostile.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:43 AM, Zitanna said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how does this mod function with SD+/Death Alternative? I'm wondering because I would like to use both but it seems like it might not be compatible. (either DA triggers or this mod triggers)

U can trigger DiD by surrender hotkey aswell as SD. With DA the mod may conflict only if u enable on bleedout surrendering. 

The only problem i have with this mod is ctd probability when i try to save game while captured, everything else works as intended.