2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Currently struggling in getting any consequences like trip, fall, weapon drop or rape to happen.

As far as I recall, this is caused by a timer bug. The cooldown is wrong on loaded games.

If you reset the mod, I think it resets the cooldowns, and then they're ok until you load again.

Ah no, I fixed that. Though it's not quite as I intended, it should not stop the events.

I think I see the REAL cause though... See "More detail" below. (Also has an easy FIX).

I don't believe you have correctly identified the cause of your problems.

But feel free to dump out the values and confirm.

I think you've misapprehended what the * 100 is doing in the code you're looking at:

The _x100 suffix is a hint (to me) that we are dealing with a value in a kind of fixed-point space.

It's already a percentage and can legitimately be converted to an integer.

The extra * 100 takes it into the probability space used for the random values which range up to 10000.

At least that's my recollection without looking at the code.

I looked and confirmed... Those values come directly from the MCM slider and are already effectively an integer percentage.

Integer truncation does not modify their meaning, as they are not intended to support sub-percentage values.

I also know from long-time use, that those events do trigger, much as intended, with varying chances.

That would be impossible if they could only be 0 or 100.

This is the real bug - more detail inside spoiler (important):

Spoiler

Something that can block the event is IsAnimating().

When I look at the code for IsAnimating is includes as part of its test:

StorageUtil.GetIntValue(None, keyThreadEventMutex) > 0

The problem is that mutex often gets left uncleared. There is a bug with the exit event handling.

The result is that stuff stops happening to you.

There is a button to reset the mutex in the MCM (Debug menu).

It even shows you the Mutex value, so if it's not 0, you know you've got this problem.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Also i happened to note that "blindfold" category does not count for closed hoods. Also there's no category for hoods that have open eyes. I actually don't like the idea of hoods here, only things that matter is "are eyes blocked", "is mouth blocked", "is mouth blocked but open gag (panel included)". Those 3 (with better wording) covers all hoods and gags in the world.

You may feel that way, but that doesn't mean everyone does. SLD is catering for as many kinks as practical here.

I didn't distinguish deeply into hoods, because hoods are broken in DD. I spent a lot of time on hoods - believe me - and I found that the keywords, slots, and functionality is all over the place with them. Disputes as to whether DD is correct in this respect are the root of my unhappiness with the response to bug-reporting in DD.

I believe that some hoods do have the blindfold flag, and will be handled by the blindfold mechanic.

However, not all hoods are keyworded correctly ... I gave up reporting defects in hoods after a while as I was simply ignored (at best).

You can easily observe some of the incoherence with hoods, where some use the hair slot, and others do not - but how a hood can not hide the hair slot, I really don't know. That is pretty much the point of a hood, whether the face is closed or open, or whether it's a bubble. Some (real) hoods have a sort of hair of their own, or an opening for a ponytail, but that's not going to be your actual Skyrim hair.

Probably better I don't start on this, it's a sore topic with me.

Let me put it like this... If you use the Blindfold category, it will check that keyword, and any device with that keyword will be treated as a blindfold.

If your vision occluding hoods lack that keyword, I cannot fix them.

Vision occluding hoods should include the face slot, and the blindfold keyword, because:

a) they are on your face.

b) they are blindfolding you.

Players can use the 'hood' category to detect things that ... have the hood keyword on them ... and again if that keyword isn't correctly applied, or not applied as you would wish, I cannot fix it.

However, you, as a player are basically getting to test the flags here. There is no special magic to it.

The only limitation is that I only check the face slot for blindfold items, but as hoods are all over the place with slots, it's not clear what other slots I should check.

It seems to me that any hood that blindfolds you should include the face slot. If it does not, it is broken and makes no sense.

The hood keyword check is applied to Hair, Circlet, and Head, because DD puts them in any of those three slots with no pattern.

How would I detect an item that occludes vision that does not have the Blindfold flag on it?

The only way (and I considered it) is to deal with every single DD hood explicitly, and probably the Trapped in Rubber gas-masks too.

I didn't do that, not because it was too much effort, but because it would devote far too much processing resource to managing an item class that is little used, and in many cases broken in-game anyway due to the aforementioned keywords all-over-the-place, random-slotting, etc.

I'll make a note of this, and in a future update, I'll check all the hood slots for blindfold, which should fix some broken DD items.

I'll even change hoods to check face, even though I'm not aware of any hood that uses only the face slot, but given DD, anything might be possible in future.

Haha, fair enough on hood slots. It should be taken to DD dev thread i think. I think most, not only you would appreciate consistency.

I do think the mutex reset fixed my issue with events not firing. So it must have gotten stuck with 1 counter and never lowered after scene or something. It must be a rare and hard/non-reproducible bug.

35 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

It should be taken to DD dev thread i think.

Been there. Done that. Never ... ever ... going back.

The saddest part of this is that there are a load of really nice hood models, but they are not set up quite right due to wonky slots or some other issue, which in some cases prevents them from even showing up at all. Perhaps that worst case is fixed now? Though probably not.

I think it's a safe bet that the DD "team" doesn't use hoods, or care much for gas-masks, and so they don't get fixed.

Even Trapped in Rubber, which is all about those things has some slotting issues, though only on certain color variations.

Getting these things right for a huge range of items is tedious, especially if you have to fix the NIF.

It could even be that even DD cannot fix the NIFs due to the use rights. I really don't know about that.

35 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

It must be a rare and hard/non-reproducible bug.

It has a distinct cause. So if you have that cause, it occurs a lot and you can look in there and find a mutex value of 27 or something silly.

The only problem is I don't know what that cause is :) 

I suspect something to do with SLD trying to fire a rape and then aborting out, but I haven't tried to track it down properly yet.

I will probably rewrite the mutex mechanics over when I come to review it, as it may be possible to make it more robust generally.

Ok this is a bug? In short the travelled steps count resets to 0 when item is removed. It doesn't restore back when item is put back on.

Unless that was intentional, i'm guessing that because you apply decay to baseTravelled, you could copy the baseTravelled value to TravelledOn when it's equipped. And likewise travelledOn should be copied to baseTravelled when item is taken off.

The feature is good for something like the S.l.u.t.s ponywalks, but when do repeated runs it seems to quickly remove the boots and re-add them. It's enough to reset the counter for me.

The same thing may apply to other values that have "base" and decay.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Ok this is a bug? In short the travelled steps count resets to 0 when item is removed. It doesn't restore back when item is put back on.

I can't recall whether this was intended or is a mistake at this point. I will have a look and review the possibilities.

Either way, it's on my SLD bug-list.

2 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

This question has probably been asked, but as this mod is really a fantastic unifier for all body-changing effects, are there any plans for a SE conversion for this?

Yes :) 

Also more features.

There is a port of it already I think. I believe the plugin was also converted. I don't know how well it works though.

10 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

I put in 160 hours on a char without this and now I'm going to go delete that entire save and redo it with this.

You can add it to an existing game if you want :) It shouldn't conflict with anything at the ESP level, you just need to re-FNIS.

I originally wrote SLD to do two things: 

1) replace all the time-wasting mechanics that make you walk really really slowly with a mechanic that makes you fall over and get hurt instead.

2) more punishment for giant boobs caused by MME.

Kimy said that (1) was stupid and would never work.

In contrast, I find it makes Skyrim with DD (and other mods) a lot less tedious.

It seems every second mod wants to debuff your speed. You end up unable to move at all a lot of the time.

Even mods that try to enforce a min-speed fail at it a lot. You are still stuck. Frozen. Because some mod either debuffed your speed or suddenly reduced your carry capacity without considering how much it was already reduced.

I usually add a big speed buff caused by having normal sized breasts and reduce it somewhat based on increased breast size.

Even in the worst case, it's enough to offset crippling speed reduction. You slow down with giant boobs, but you aren't glued to the floor.

I can run around like crazy a lot of the time. If you don't have fast travel, going up and down Skyrim gets boring fast. Speeding it up is a win in my opinion. I don't want to sit for hours just watching my character walk.

I make things like hobble dress and slave boots cause falls that do damage, particularly in combat. You can die if you fight like that.

(If you turn on walk rather than run, you're safe). Sprinting is especially dangerous.

There's so much I want to do to improve the features still, beyond fixing the bugs. You can work around the bugs, but they are just obvious stuff that can be better, and should really have been done months ago, but I want to avoid a halfhearted release.

Obviously, there are more modifiers that can be added, and there are a few obvious gaps: resistances, spell damage, buy/sell prices, game-speed.

I really want a blackout event.

A lot of people have asked for the ability to modify body nodes or morphs and arousal.

I would like to be able to create modifier sets based on having a disease.

Some kind of needs integration would be an obvious extension, and there are other sources of sexual wear and tear that could be supported.

A built-in function for that might also be useful.

And I would like to be able to set "Conditions" based on the state of existing modifiers or Actor Values (stats like Health etc).

Doing something based on a "true" effective actor value is a hard problem to solve, because Skyrim LE is broken in this.

SE can get the modified version of a stat, but LE cannot.

There is a way to get that information via a plugin, as I know some UI mods can do it, but I haven't managed to figure that out yet.

That's why I don't have a 'min speed' feature or something like that (yet), and it's why the other mods that try to do that don't work.

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You can add it to an existing game if you want :) It shouldn't conflict with anything at the ESP level, you just need to re-FNIS.

I added Disparity to an ongoing game back then and didn't get any troubles from it.

I love the mod for the sheer versatility it adds to a playthrough. While the only bodymorph mod I use is silly-funny ABBA, the Disparity features that allow to add buffs/debuffs for stuff worn, or not worn,or being naked from a certain time, for a certain time etc etc are the real deal for me.

I've recently started a submissive, rather helpless girl-next-door playthrough (and yep, that's quite a steep learning curve as opposed to my customary bad-ass heroines). Since I expect her to be spending quite a bit of time in her birthday suit, I've set Disparity to debuff Heavy and Light Armour if naked for x+ days, and increasing over time and down to zero, figuring that represents how she simply unlearns armour skills, as she spends too little time armoured, loosing training. To counter that, I've added a buff to speed when naked. When running away is your only option so often and no armour weighs you down ... ?

Alas! though, if she's also barefoot and not yet used to it, that speed is also debuffed for a while, too, until her soles harden after an easily configurable time and the debuff is removed. You get the point.

Did I mention this mod was fun?

1 hour ago, Starbrow65 said:

if she's also barefoot and not yet used to it, that speed is also debuffed for a while, too, until her soles harden after an easily configurable time and the debuff is removed.

Tripping is another nice debuff for barefoot.

SLD is  super fun :D my favourite mod on the citadel. But over the past year, I've had this intermittent issue. A gangrape event occurs and the NPC Dialog gets locked into saying derogatory things, and doesn't reset or cleanup ever. Normal dialogue trees are not accessible, which blocks game progress and functionality from other mods.

None of the Debug options in Disparity clear it, no from any other mod, and restarting the mod doesnt fix it.

Today i discovered the solution - remove SLD, clean save, save clean, add SLD.

Not sure why other users arent having this issue, or how to prevent it without just keeping Rape disabled :)

2 hours ago, eicosa said:

SLD is  super fun :D my favourite mod on the citadel. But over the past year, I've had this intermittent issue. A gangrape event occurs and the NPC Dialog gets locked into saying derogatory things, and doesn't reset or cleanup ever. Normal dialogue trees are not accessible, which blocks game progress and functionality from other mods.

Yes. I tried to be very careful that if anything went wrong, those aliases would still get cleaned out, but somehow it still happens now and again.

I'd guess the root cause is that some other mod tries to run something and breaks the events somehow, because it never happens on a clean test machine, but I saw it a couple of times myself in a game full of sex mobs.

I will see if there's any way to make it more robust, but it's probably not possible.

I will add a button that instantly fixes just that issue. Eventually.

As it is, save your settings and reset the mod in the Debug menu.

You say that resetting the mod isn't working, but it -should- reset the rape quest and reset those aliases.

Try this instead, reset _fwb_gangup from the console:

resetquest _fwb_gangup

setstage _fwb_gangup 0

Another way to clear it is just to get raped again.

Because the same slots are re-used, the old occupiers will be bumped out, and in most cases the scene will end properly and the new occupants will be cleaned out properly at the end of the rape.

If you have every rape doing this, you've got some other problem, probably a broken install with empty properties in it somewhere.

That seems to happen with Skyrim from time to time, but I would expect a removal, clean-save and re-install would fix that issue.

SLD rapes are ... a bit ferocious ... so they may be a bit of overkill for a lot of players.

I did plan to add support for triggering rapes via SL Adventures, but SL Adventures stopped being developed, so I lost interest in that idea.

Thanks for your awesome support :D I also only get the issue when running excessive sex mods. Needle-in-haystack effort to try find the conflict. Will definitely try those commands next time though, ty.

Getting raped again (after the reset didn't seem to help) cleared some of the npc's but not all of them, perhaps because there was too many NPCs in the room.  Can't remember if I saved and loaded.

It's a shame about SLA because its synergizes well with everything else.

Currently i have a few mods that could trigger similar kind of vulnerability->rape situations. I just try to keep only one of them triggerable at a time.

54 minutes ago, eicosa said:

It's a shame about SLA because its synergizes well with everything else.

Yes. It's a pity.

I guess if somebody wanted to update it, Teutonic might be agreeable to forking it into a Continued or something.

I'm not volunteering. I already have too much on, much as I'd love to see SLAdv get some attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading a bit tells me you're far from considering this mod done, so... i just have a question, don't consider it pressuring you by any means.
Will there be an update in the near future? I didn't play Skyrim in... about a year now but will likely start another run in the coming 2-4 weeks, if some update requiring a new save will come out in that time or soon after i'd wait for it before installing this mod. Actually while we're on it, same counts for DFC as well. ;)

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

if some update requiring a new save will come out in that time or soon after i'd wait for it before installing this mod.

SLD has never required a new save to update, and likely never will.

If such a situation occurred, I would consider it a bug and try to fix it in a patch release.

Any update to SLD is weeks away, but that's tomorrow in Skyrim development terms :)

I intend to get the DF 2.12 release out of the way, then make a SLAX release, or possibly two small SLAX releases, then give SLD some attention.

That's been my plan - give or take some details - since the start of the year.

There were pressing bugs in DF, so I dealt with them, and that's held things up elsewhere, but to fix the biggest issues remaining in DF I need a new scanner, which is basically what SLAX needs, so I can progress both mods with the same technology.

Hello. Any chance for a preconfigured profile of sorts for Sexlab Disparity sliders ? Even if is just something from the authors testing configs. I am completely lost in the config part. Probably going to take me hours upon hours just to set everything straight in the MCM. It's a bit overwhelming for me.

My current playthrough in MO2 is called consequences... generally a good female PC character with an eye for business, that can also get into trouble if the time came. With lasting consequences. Things like buffs and debuffs would be a good roleplaying experience. That's why I was drawn in by this particular mod. I've attached my current load order for anyone curious. Currently playing on Skyrim LE.

plugins.txt

2 hours ago, aryell2linux said:

Probably going to take me hours upon hours just to set everything straight in the MCM

Don't try and set your MCM up all in one go.

It's not the best way to get good results, and you'll also end up wondering where debuffs are coming from weeks later, when you've forgotten all the things you set up.

In my own games, I may not even enable SLD immediately.

When something good or bad happens that I think needs additional consequences, I enable SLD and go in and set up something for just that.

Then, as events occur, I tweak things further.

This applies particularly to clothes and devices, which have dozens of menus hidden away in there: you can set up every different metric for every supported device type differently.

You'll never need to do this in practice.

I usually set up something for being naked, but only when the PC ends up stuck naked.

I also set up something for barefoot, but only when the PC ends up barefoot and it matters.

I typically set up some nasty debuffs for pregnancy, but only when the PC is pregnant. You don't need to address it until that happens.

How you go about things really depends on your tastes. I like to create pros and cons to some things, like body weight.

I might have nakedness create rape chance, but add a speed buff.

I might have a heavy weight improve melee damage, but decrease stealth and pickpocket.

I might have a low weight decrease unarmed and melee damage, but add to movement speed, attack and bow speed.

I might have giant breasts add a trip or fall chance, impaired stealth, impaired bow skills, but add magicka and magicka regen.

There are some descriptions on how to set things up on the front page of the mod, in the spoilers section. Check there for basic help on how to work the configuration.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I typically set up some nasty debuffs for pregnancy, but only when the PC is pregnant. You don't need to address it until that happens.

Completly OT but i respect you as somebody with a very good and deep understanding of the game and mods and tech stuff and i'm curious... which mod do you use for pregnancy?
Feature wise Beeing female was always my favorite but either i'm too dumb to get settings straight or it's just like that, after a while it always caused stack dumps for me.

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

which mod do you use for pregnancy?

When it comes to these pregnancy mods, I just use them. Same as anyone.

Fertility Mode.

I can trace just about every game plagued by crazy node values to bad interactions between HP and EC+/ES+, which are supposed to work ok together.

If it weren't for that, I'd probably use HP.

FM has nearly all the bells, whistles and sparkly features of BF, without dragging your game into a crash-pit of death.

The reason BF didn't work for you is because it's got serious problems and none of them are likely to be fixed.

It isn't updated. I even tried it on SSE and it went nuts there too.

I doubt there is any LO light enough for it to work for more than a few hours played.

I have been through the code for HP a bit. It's a simple mod with no weird complexities, still it has an issue where it seems to pick up a modified node value as its baseline, on a recurring basis. This leads to huge node values as EC+ adds its changes on top. Also EC+ goes from zero to whatever it thinks is the baseline the instant an EC+ pregnancy starts. I don't really see a point fixing this. EC+ needs some serious updates; it's still using the old EC animations, which blocks you from using the new and non awful EC.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some problem with setting up up rule to trip/fall when... essentially my char has big breasts. For once, i have no clue about SLIF and which mode i should use, in which cases, etc. My char is registered, so far i got it but otherwise... i noticed when using standard mode, MME isn't registered, when i switch to Morphs i can't check that anymore, though.

As a compromise i just set it depending on milk right now since MME is more or less the only mod modifying it anyways, and since i don't necessarily want to change it for every milk maid level, i choose percentage. For testing i also added a magica buff, which *does* work, but... i've put all sliders to max except the master at the main page, that is at 100%. Otherwise, max buffs at the milk menu, max buffs for magica, maxed limits... and all i get is a 20% buff when my breasts are full? That i get anything at all means i did something right, but 20% sounds quite low... and my assumption is something lowers the tripping chance as well, so far it never happened.

I don't know if i'm doing it wrong, or if Disparity struggles to read MME properly, the values seem to be right? It says 1.0 for breast percentage current value and 6.0 for current milk, which is disabled, though.