On 7/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Nazzzgul666 said:

I have some problem with setting up up rule to trip/fall when... essentially my char has big breasts. For once, i have no clue about SLIF and which mode i should use, in which cases, etc. My char is registered, so far i got it but otherwise... i noticed when using standard mode, MME isn't registered, when i switch to Morphs i can't check that anymore, though.

The values at the bottom of the morph page will show you the value in each supported morph.

From this you can figure out which morph sliders SLIF, or MME, or whatever morphing app you have is adjusting, and in what range.

Usually, they only touch a couple of the sliders.

You can then set SLD's morph mappings up appropriately. You don't need to look at all the morphs unless you have a reason.

e.g.

Fertility Mode adjusts two morph sliders. I forget which just now. The point is, it adjusts those two sliders to the exact same values. So you can see how much inflation FM is adding by just by looking at either one of those sliders. By mapping only one slider's range in SLD, weighted full, you can calculate a fake node size which you use as the input value to your modifiers.

If the app uses one slider, runs it to max, then starts raising another, you will need to weight both the sliders, and set the offset on the one that is ramped up second accordingly.

After adjusting, allow SLD a chance to update before returning to the page to check your results. It will have updated all the calculations at that point.

I realize this could be easier, but I didn't spend forever polishing it, as at the time I wasn't sure anyone would even use it.

SLD does not read MME properly. There's a bug, and some value is divided by 100 compared to what it should be, making it fairly useless.

It it either breast fullness %, or total milk. As you can sort of get by with one, or the other, it's not too big a problem.

I think it's breast fullness % that's wrong.

In any case, I will fix, eventually, but for now it's still usable if you just use the other stat instead as your max milk doesn't change so often that you can't just update the setup in SLD to replicate fullness (or vice versa?)

19 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

The debug page will show you the value in the morphs.

From this you can figure out which morph sliders SLIF, or MME, or whatever morphing app you have is adjusting, and in what range.

Usually, they only touch a couple of the sliders.

You can then set SLD's morph mappings up appropriately. You don't need to look at all the morphs unless you have a reason.

Not sure if i get that right... i saw the SLD morphs page but it said don't change unless needed, and i have no clue if i need it. So... i do?

e.g.

Fertility Mode adjusts two morph sliders. I forget which just now. The point is, it adjusts those two sliders to the exact same values. So you can see how much inflation FM is adding by just by looking at either one of those sliders. By mapping only one slider's range in SLD, weighted full, you can calculate a fake node size which you use as the input value to your modifiers.

If the app uses one slider, runs it to max, then starts raising another, you will need to weight both the sliders, and set the offset on the one that is ramped up second accordingly.

Feel even more lost now... i don't really get what you mean with this at all, honestly.

After adjusting, allow SLD a chance to update before returning to the page to check your results. It will have updated all the calculations at that point.

I realize this could be easier, but I didn't spend forever polishing it, as at the time I wasn't sure anyone would even use it.

SLD does not read MME properly. There's a bug, and some value is divided by 100 compared to what it should be, making it fairly useless.

It it either breast fullness %, or total milk. As you can sort of get by with one, or the other, it's not too big a problem.

I think it's breast fullness % that's wrong.

In any case, I will fix, eventually, but for now it's still usable if you just use the other stat instead as your max milk doesn't change so often that you can't just update the setup in SLD to replicate fullness (or vice versa?)

Will try to use the total milk, even though i guess it means i hae to change it with every milk maid level if i get it right?

2 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Not sure if i get that right... i saw the SLD morphs page but it said don't change unless needed, and i have no clue if i need it. So... i do?

You probably do need to change it. Morph measurement doesn't just happen in SLD ... because it can't ... it depends what mods you use.

If you scroll down to the bottom of he SLD morphs page, it will show you the currently set values of all the morphs it cares about.

You can use these debug values to determine what input range, offset and weight to use to get the output value you want.

Let's say that FM changes BreastsSSH from 0.0 to 0.5 over the course of a pregnancy, you can use that value to drive your fake node value.

And let's say you think that scaling of the morph in FM looks approximately like going from a node value of 0.0 to 4.0

Then you set the weight of the BreastsSSH morph to max, the offset to 0 and  the overall scale to 8.0, so that a value of 0.5 will output 4.0

Then you set the mode to replace, because you have no mods that change nodes, only morphing mods (just FM in my example), so in this simple case, you don't have to combine the value from morphs with the value from nodes.

Then you setup your buff/debuff column to range from 0 to 4.0 with a scale of 100%, and dial in the values you like.

16 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

You probably do need to change it. Morph measurement doesn't just happen in SLD ... because it can't ... it depends what mods you use.

Uhm... so. I get that there are different methods of increasing values. I don't have a clue which mod does what, though... how do i figure that out? Would probably the first thing.

If you scroll down to the bottom of he SLD morphs page, it will show you the currently set values of all the morphs it cares about.

You can use these debug values to determine what input range, offset and weight to use to get the output value you want.

Let's say that FM changes BreastsSSH from 0.0 to 0.5 over the course of a pregnancy, you can use that value to drive your fake node value.

And let's say you think that scaling of the morph in FM looks approximately like going from a node value of 0.0 to 4.0

How do i know if it's BreastsSSH, and does it even matter, and how do i know the value? For the scaling... i think every mod has a max in MCM, so i can just use the max value?

Then you set the weight of the BreastsSSH morph to max, the offset to 0 and  the overall scale to 8.0, so that a value of 0.5 will output 4.0

Then you set the mode to replace, because you have no mods that change nodes, only morphing mods (just FM in my example), so in this simple case, you don't have to combine the value from morphs with the value from nodes.

Then you setup your buff/debuff column to range from 0 to 4.0 with a scale of 100%, and dial in the values you like.

I'm still not sure what's the purpose of these fake nodes. Will they change my body? If not... and if SLD can't read the values from other mods... how does SLD know which value i *currently* have? Is there any dynamically change at all?

10 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Uhm... so. I get that there are different methods of increasing values. I don't have a clue which mod does what, though... how do i figure that out? Would probably the first thing.

Let's go back to the beginning and figure out where the gap is...

You understand how morphs work vs node-values?

SLD reads node values from the skeleton. These are used by some mods to crudely inflate the breasts, butt, or belly.

They were used by most mods for a long time. They don't look good if you put large values, but for small values they are ok.

SLD does not write to any node values. It does not change the shape of your character. People ask for it, but it would be really confusing.

If I add it, it (like everything) will be off by default, and I'd advise most players to stay away from it.

SLD doesn't write to any morphs either, to get that super-clear.

Morphs are animation files that change the shape of the character skin and operate at the vertex level. This allows highly customized results.

Bodyslide makes morphs for you (assuming you let it) that will allow your character to change shape.

The amount of each morph applied is set by a slider in Bodyslide (or Racemenu).

These can also be set in code by NiOverride, which is what mods with better shape-changing do. FM, MME, etc have built-in morphing.

SLIF also allows morphing. SLIF allows morphing from node changes too. Confused? Don't use SLIF then. It's not really necessary and the UI is confusing and has little to no tooltips and zero help given.

SLD's breast/butt and belly modifier sets are driven by the node values for breasts, butt and belly, respectively.

The node value is the input. 

A value of 1.0 is normal, and anything else is ... not.

Breast values typically range up to 4.0 (for very large), Butt values up to 2.0 (after which it goes very wrong looking), and Belly values up to 6.0 or even 12.0, though it looks odd past about 4.0 using simple node scaling.

With morphs, there are ways to make boobs huge without it looking like Mars Attacks, and you can use the Pregnancy Belly morph to create a decent looking large belly, or modify the butt in various ways that do not look like a nasty tumor.

But SLD uses node values to figure what modifiers to apply to your character STATS (not appearance). How can it work with morphs?

This is what the fake node values are about...

The Morphs page allows you to generate a "made up" synthetic node value from the morph state, that is used to adjust or replace the actual node value that is input into the Breast/Butt/Belly pages. That is what "multiply" or "replace" mode means. It's how the node value is replaced by the morph value.

You can see the final value being used on the respective page for breasts/butt/belly.

Set your From and To values to work with the range that value takes, or that you care about modifying.

And for the morphs, say for breasts you decide to use a range of 0.0 to 4.0, where values less than 1.0 are tiny boobs.

You want to make your max morph slider produce an output of 4.0 ... that is the "fake node value".

It's not really a fake node value; it's never written to a node; it's just the input that SLD uses on the breasts page.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, Lupine00 said:

Let's go back to the beginning and figure out where the gap is...

You understand how morphs work vs node-values?

Here is the gap xD. I'm aware there are (were?) different methods for shape changing, it's been a while that i have bothered with that at all, though. Afaik now everything just uses NiO and that's as far as my knowledge goes, more or less...

SLD reads node values from the skeleton. These are used by some mods to crudely inflate the breasts, butt, or belly.

They were used by most mods for a long time. They don't look good if you put large values, but for small values they are ok.

SLD does not write to any node values. It does not change the shape of your character. People ask for it, but it would be really confusing.

If I add it, it (like everything) will be off by default, and I'd advise most players to stay away from it.

SLD doesn't write to any morphs either, to get that super-clear.

Morphs are animation files that change the shape of the character skin and operate at the vertex level. This allows highly customized results.

Bodyslide makes morphs for you (assuming you let it) that will allow your character to change shape.

The amount of each morph applied is set by a slider in Bodyslide (or Racemenu).

These can also be set in code by NiOverride, which is what mods with better shape-changing do. FM, MME, etc have built-in morphing.

SLIF also allows morphing. SLIF allows morphing from node changes too. Confused? Don't use SLIF then. It's not really necessary and the UI is confusing and has little to no tooltips and zero help given.

That's what i did until now, i honestly just installed SLIF because your MCM said it's easier to read from SLIF, i thought it might reduce script load. Is it save to uninstall SLIF mid game?

SLD's breast/butt and belly modifier sets are driven by the node values for breasts, butt and belly, respectively.

The node value is the input. 

A value of 1.0 is normal, and anything else is ... not.

Breast values typically range up to 4.0 (for very large), Butt values up to 2.0 (after which it goes very wrong looking), and Belly values up to 6.0 or even 12.0, though it looks odd past about 4.0 using simple node scaling.

Just for claryfying... wouldn't that depend on the base value i've built in bodyslide? Might not matter at all since i wouldn't even know how to change nodes instead of using morphs, i guess.

With morphs, there are ways to make boobs huge without it looking like Mars Attacks, and you can use the Pregnancy Belly morph to create a decent looking large belly, or modify the butt in various ways that do not look like a nasty tumor.

But SLD uses node values to figure what modifiers to apply to your character STATS (not appearance). How can it work with morphs?

This is what the fake node values are about...

The Morphs page allows you to generate a "made up" synthetic node value from the morph state, that is used to adjust or replace the actual node value that is input into the Breast/Butt/Belly pages. That is what "multiply" or "replace" mode means. It's how the node value is replaced by the morph value.

So.... here is where you pretty much lost me. If i got that right, neither me nor any (modern) mod should change nodes at all. Is that right? Afaik i didn't, if i want to change my body in hindsight i either simply change weight via race menu or, if that's not enough, i go through the hassle and rebuild everything in bodyslide. And further, the node values are my base, the morphs come on top of that changed by mods. Did i get that right?
If so... why would i need to generate a made up node value? For what reason would i want to use something else than my actual base values? Is it still relevant in my case? Do i need to do that for the "To...(max)" values rather than the "From..(base)"?

You can see the final value being used on the respective page for breasts/butt/belly.

Set your From and To values to work with the range that value takes, or that you care about modifying.

And for the morphs, say for breasts you decide to use a range of 0.0 to 4.0, where values less than 1.0 are tiny boobs. In this case the same i guess, but i'd assume it's rather the boob size when not affected by anything yet? Not always tiny in my games xD

You want to make your max morph slider produce an output of 4.0 ... that is the "fake node value".

It's not really a fake node value; it's never written to a node; it's just the input that SLD uses on the breasts page.

So... after your explanation i have a raw idea what might be meant, although... maybe not. 
If i got that right, i trigger all mods one after another, let them cause maximum breast size, estimate the size my boobs have, then go to your MCM and set fake nodes for all of them so SLD has a maximum value for all mods combined for the "To...(max)" value? Still if i got that right... why visually estimate and not just take the values from the respective MCMs? Is it even right?

And if i got it wrong and it's meant for a "From...(base)" value... wouldn't that... contradict what i want to do? Isn't the minimum supposed to be the, well... minimum, rather than the max?

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Is it save to uninstall SLIF mid game?

If you reset it and clean save, it probably is.

You don't want it to leave an NIO modifiers on when it goes away, as otherwise they'll be hard to get rid of.

If i got that right, neither me nor any (modern) mod should change nodes at all. Is that right?

I wouldn't say that exactly ... there are many nodes to change ... for example NiO High Heels ultimately applies a node modifier, just not a scale.

That's probably confusing.

To put is simply: for changing the look of your character the way Bodyslide does, morphs are usually best.

It you want longer arms or legs, you need to change a node, but if you do that will probably make all your SexLab animations look wrong; it's something you'd only do for screen-archery really.

The node values are the values in your skeleton, so by changing them, amputator can make your arm collapse entirely.

They are a blunt instrument for altering appearance.

They aren't exactly a "base", but your skeleton is pretty fundamental :) so you can think of them like that, and the analogy will work in most cases.

Node scaling will certainly impact breast size and change how your breast morphs look, for example, so thinking of it as a base there is reasonable.

why would i need to generate a made up node value? For what reason would i want to use something else than my actual base values?

Because what SLD is trying to allow you to do is convert your character's appearance changes into stat changes.

Your boobs get bigger and your archery goes down.

Your boobs get smaller and your magicka does down.

You belly gets bigger and you have a chance to stumble.

... stuff like that ...

It's simple if you only have one mod changing morphs, but if you have several, you're (probably) trying to get a value that matches what you see.

Matching the visually observed size is the most obvious thing to do.

There's no rule says you have to do that. You could do something else; it's up to you, but I'd guess that's what most people would prefer.

It does that by using some arbitrary input value.

One value it can look at is a node value. For example the breast value that older pregnancy mods change (EC+ for example).

How else could it know? It could somehow figure it out from the morphs you have applied.

But because the Breasts modifier page for SLD was written in terms of the Breast node, and because the breast node DOES impact how your breasts look, the intended use of the morphs support is to alter the node value to make it better match a sort of scaled up or down value of the node.

e.g. If back in olden days EC+ node size 4.0 boobs were the limit, and you set your From and To range up to work with that, then you probably want to think of an input range for your breasts page in a similar range ... actually there is no obligation to do so ... but if we don't pin some things down it becomes impossible to explain what to do to those who don't completely understand it all yet.

So as an example, what we might want to do is get a value from 0 to 4.0 by transforming the morph values.

If we're dealing with a BreastSSH morph that ranges from 0 to 0.5, then we can see that scaling that by 8.0 will do that.

That value is the 'fake node value' ... it's just an input to the breasts page in SLD. That's all.

It has no impact on your visual breast size, or your skeleton, and no mod but SLD knows anything about it.

It is just the input to the Breasts modifiers page, and its current computed value will be shown to you there, on that page.

That only updates each update tick, and you can change how often that happens on the first page of the MCM.

11 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If you reset it and clean save, it probably is.

You don't want it to leave an NIO modifiers on when it goes away, as otherwise they'll be hard to get rid of.

Uhm... i guess i don't need answers to all my questions, but... will it just work if i remove SLIF?

42 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Uhm... i guess i don't need answers to all my questions, but... will it just work if i remove SLIF?

I was adding more while you replied.

I don't know what problems SLIF is really causing for you. It should be possible to get anything to work without SLIF.

The compelling reason for using SLIF is to add an integration that replaces crude node changes with morph changes, to fix up an old mod.

SLIF also gives you ways to control how mods interact, set min/max etc a bit more than NiO's ini file.

It's adding an extra layer between the mods and NiO. Personally, I'm not a fan. SLIF needs a user-guide and it doesn't have one.

I think it can also map node changes to morph changes instead, but you might need to edit a JSON file to make it work.

SLIF changes are real visual changes. It's modifying NiO. Your character looks different as a result. SLD doesn't do that, its just trying to estimate breast size changes (or belly, butt, etc) so you can apply modifiers based on it.

6 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I was adding more while you replied.

I don't know what problems SLIF is really causing for you. It should be possible to get anything to work without SLIF.

The reason for SLIF it to use an integration that replaced crude node changes with morph changes, to fix up an old mod.

SLIF also gives you ways to control how mods interact, set min/max etc a bit more than NiO's ini file.

It's adding an extra layer between the mods and NiO. Personally, I'm not a fan. SLIF needs a user-guide and it doesn't have one.

Ah, thanks. ;) And yeah... that SLIF lacks any explenation is one reason i never really used it, and on top of that when i tried it the first time some years ago, either EC+ or hormones or both in combination with SLIF multiplied my breast size to a degree that they were bigger than my torso and i couldn't find a way around that. Simply by installing SLIF they'd change their size massively. Likely due to a lack of understaning how anything works there i couldn't make it even look like before installing, which quite pushed me back from using it.^^ Reading and changing the NiO.ini and changing settings in the MCMs so even combined it wouldn't look too terrible was much easier imho. xD

I'll see where i get without. :)

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Nice framework for working with various mod effects. Would be interesting if spells or powers could be cast based on reaching certain thresholds.

Yes, that's what the long-dreamed of "Conditions" tab would do.

Also, I'd like to make it so external mods could set modifiers through SLD, so they don't have to put all the magic effects and spells in their ESP.

It would mainly be useful to me, I expect, but still useful.

Hm, ive encountered problem, or at least something that looks like one to me.

Ive installed this one and decided to throw together a couple of test rules. On the plus size - system is surprisingly intuitive for amount of stuff it can actually do.

Problem was - i wanted to trie "addictive" buffs to DD piercings/plugs, making them a tempting choice even if you have a non-dd enchantable option for those slots.

And while counter for "time worn" goes as intended for plugs and nipple piercings, it for some reason refuses to recognize clit piercing. As far as i understand, in "Worn" menu a little + after category means it is worn ATM. And for some reason, it didnt recongnize any of DDA/DDE/DDI/DCL piercings as such. Im not sure how exactly does system work, but it appears not to be using item slots, since it ignores items that use them but arent DD. And im reasonably sure that nothing overrides all those 4 at once.

In terms of DD - that save also has slaverun and devious lore, if that is relevant. MWA is also there with device hider disabled.

Any idea what might cause Disparity to ignore those?

44 minutes ago, nilead said:

And for some reason, it didnt recongnize any of DDA/DDE/DDI/DCL piercings as such. Im not sure how exactly does system work, but it appears not to be using item slots, since it ignores items that use them but arent DD. And im reasonably sure that nothing overrides all those 4 at once.

In terms of DD - that save also has slaverun and devious lore, if that is relevant. MWA is also there with device hider disabled.

As far as I can see, clit piercings are checked for, and should follow nipple piercings in the list. 

Only slot 50 is considered for clit piercings, and it requires the dd keyword to be present.

They may be a flaw in how the piercing keywords are retrieved from DD itself, as the constant has the top-byte set, which might cause Game.GetFormFromFile to fail, despite the bottom three bytes being correct.

Are you using SE or LE?

On 8/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Lupine00 said:

Are you using SE or LE?

Its an LE build.

Edit: After some more test ive stumbled into another weird interaction. Having SL disparity active (even without any active rules, merely initialized in MCM) causes SkyRe mymidon perk  (one handed a.spd perk) to go haywire. For some reason it adds flat +1 to a.spd multiplier change (so getting rank 1 gives you effective a.spd mutiplier of 2.15 instead of 1.15). Admiteddly, it is a large build, with at least SkyTweak having acess to that variable as well (thats how i tracked exactly how much multiplier changes)and i lack the 2nd installation of skyrim to be able to do a proper vacuum test. Having SkyRe+SkyTweak+Disparity active at the same time consistently causes the problem, producing a spike in right hand weapon multiplier either when you gain Myrmidon with Disparity active or when you activate Disparity with myrmidon allready acquired.  Not sure if this information is relevant and should i post stuff like this.

Anyway, while i do love the flixibility this mod offers, i dont see myself giving up SkyRe, so ill probably concede to the fact that i cant make Disparity work for my build.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, nilead said:

Its an LE build.

Edit: After some more test ive stumbled into another weird interaction. Having SL disparity active (even without any active rules, merely initialized in MCM) causes SkyRe mymidon perk  (one handed a.spd perk) to go haywire. For some reason it adds flat +1 to a.spd multiplier change (so getting rank 1 gives you effective a.spd mutiplier of 2.15 instead of 1.15). Admiteddly, it is a large build, with at least SkyTweak having acess to that variable as well (thats how i tracked exactly how much multiplier changes)and i lack the 2nd installation of skyrim to be able to do a proper vacuum test. Having SkyRe+SkyTweak+Disparity active at the same time consistently causes the problem, producing a spike in right hand weapon multiplier either when you gain Myrmidon with Disparity active or when you activate Disparity with myrmidon allready acquired.  Not sure if this information is relevant and should i post stuff like this.

This is due to a combination of a Skyrim bug and how SkyRe is mis-handling that bug.

For broken reasons, Skyrim set the default speed to 0.0 instead of 1.0, but treats it as 1.0

If you set a speed of 0.0 it will act the same as setting 1.0.

If you set a speed of 0.5, it is much slower than a speed of 0.0 or a speed of 1.0.

This is problematic if you simply add or modify speed, adding small amounts to the default of 0.0 slows down attacks instead of speeding them up, UNTIL you've added over 1.0

Thus, some mods immediately set the speed AV to 1.0 and work from there, because otherwise speed modification works in an extremely broken way.

It sounds like SkyRe is possibly adding on an extra 1.0 to its speed modifiers to compensate, instead of setting the AV to 1.0 and using modifiers in a normal zero-based way.

As SLD had issues with adding modifiers to a speed of 0.0, I changed it to set speeds to 1.0 by default (unless modified by SLD).

But there is a toggle for this behavior, so it can work when you have mods like SkyRe in your LO.

I may go back and review this, as it might be possible I can improve how SLD handles it with respect to other mods. My memory of exactly what was done is fuzzy, but I'm fairly certain you can simply disable the zero-fixing and SLD should work safely with mods that fix this some other way.

It's possible that SLD now uses AV setting for that stat, instead of modifiers. I will need to check. Either way, several mods that touch this stat have some toggle for how they do it, due to how broken it is.

20 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

Will you open up variables from DF to be changed by this mod? For example, orgasm or being a victim reduces will or resistance. Thanks!

If I can get around to updating SLD sure ... but I'm not sure what approach would be most useful yet.

The stat I would want to modify is resistance, because willpower is extremely granular.

There are two obvious ways to do this:

1) there is a periodic chance of a resistance loss event, and that chance is the output - similar to trip and fall events.

2) there is a "bonus" to resistance fatigue that comes from SLD, and this is the output.

In (1) if the events are occurring regularly, then you're gradually losing resistance and ultimately willpower.

If you sleep and get willpower back, then the events have to occur all over again to drain your resistance and (thus) willpower.

Also, there needs to be a fixed interval that the check is performed at or scaled for.

With trip and fall, the check is on each update, but the chance is scaled according to the real time between updates, so it's approximately measured per minute, not per update.

It's done like this because falling over based on game-time rate could potentially be unplayable. Especially with high chances, it's better to tie this to real time.

For (1):

Wearing a collar is set to have a 25% chance to drain resistance.
This is a chance per-real-minute.

So on average, every four real minutes you lose a point of resistance.

That is one resistance lost per 80 game minutes if you have a timescale of 20.

It's very slow, and quite ineffectual. Even with 100% chance, you still only lose one resistance per minute, which is one per 20 game minutes.

In an 18 hour waking period, you'd lose 54 resistance, which is probably only three willpower at most, and that's with the settings at max.

Maybe that's OK for a collar, but what if you're using something like time since last rape?

SLD isn't at its best with "events"; it works better with modifiers...

So (1) seems like a lame mechanic. If the rate is higher, let's say ten times as fast, you could easily lose all your willpower, but the gradual draining mechanic that seems acceptable for worn devices feels wrong for something list rape. Also, when you take off a collar, you don't get any will back until you sleep. Overall, it feels like the wrong mechanic.

For (2):

Wearing a collar is set to add 80 resistance impairment.

In this case, you effectively lose 80 resistance immediately, but if you take off the collar, you get it back...

I like this better. In this case, you would likely lose 4 willpower while you're in the collar, but escaping it gives that willpower back immediately.

In the case of "time since last rape", you could set time zero to add 160 resistance impairment. 

Immediately after rape, you are down at least 8 willpower. This fades away over time. You could fade it over a day, or a week. You can do that with To/From.

So, this feels like it gives more control than event chances, again better.

Unlike (1), for (2) to work I'd have to make some updates to DF, but nothing complicated.

Now, imagine we're modifying arousal instead ... as that's a thing people keep asking about. There's definitely potential for feedback there ... but there is with willpower as well, as I'd like to add that as an INPUT to SLD.

Is arousal better modified by event, or by modifier?

I think modifier, particularly as the modifier can then be positive or negative, it makes handling it much simpler than having separate increase and decrease chances.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

is it possible to set effect when for certain body slots?

when what is in certain body slots?

You can set for various DD and clothes items, or naked, but it is not by slot.

You can't (for example) check vanilla gloves slot, but you can check for DD gloves.

You can check body slot is empty, or otherwise.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

when what is in certain body slots?

You can set for various DD and clothes items, or naked, but it is not by slot.

You can't (for example) check vanilla gloves slot, but you can check for DD gloves.

You can check body slot is empty, or otherwise.

Ah okay.

I was trying to make the mod recognize the blindfold slot (55) for a pair of glasses in game. I set unworn to create a blurry effect and worn to remove that blurry effect. But if it only affects DD blindfolds and not the blindfold slot, then it would make sense why the glasses in my game didn't do anything xD