On 8/11/2020 at 7:58 AM, jm6827 said:

Hi,

in my installation Apropos 2 don't show the names of the npc's or my character instead there is is only empty space. The screenshots show that is possible to include the names. Any ideas what the problem is and how it can't be fixed (installed new, changed load order and remove all old trace from old Apropos "1").

Thx for ur help,

Josh 

What does your installation look like?

Are you using the distribution DB/my DB/custom DB?  Do other token assignments (synonym substitutions) work?

1 hour ago, Fored said:

This is what is displayed so the mod is running it just isn't displaying any widgets, I can do the "test mode" and see the messages in the top left but nothing displays during an animationproblem.jpg.026ca98b0bf738ba0680cb6eff041a41.jpg

Mods that hide UI can hide the widget.  There are mods for selectively hiding UI in Sexlab scenes, and those can work with Apropos so the widget is the only thing showing up.

EDIT: This should do it.

1 hour ago, Fored said:

This is what is displayed so the mod is running it just isn't displaying any widgets, I can do the "test mode" and see the messages in the top left but nothing displays during an animationproblem.jpg.026ca98b0bf738ba0680cb6eff041a41.jpg

This example is female solo masturbation, if you want see your characters name switch to 3rd person. Have you also tried MF animations, do you still not get  actors names?

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Mods that hide UI can hide the widget.  There are mods for selectively hiding UI in Sexlab scenes, and those can work with Apropos so the widget is the only thing showing up.

EDIT: This should do it.

That fixed it, thank you

20 hours ago, Eadoo said:

What does your installation look like?

Are you using the distribution DB/my DB/custom DB?  Do other token assignments (synonym substitutions) work?

I use the standard apropos 2 installation and for the DB I use: 

Apropos2 Text DB Update By Eadoo

Synonym substitutions seems to work, at least I see some messages with nearly the same content (only altered slightly, for example: father, uncle, cousin etc.) Where names should be used there is only space. So it look like the message was composed correctly but the names are missing. See the attached pictures, it is maybe clearer then my explanations.

Thx for your help.

Josh

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_57_52.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_03.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_07.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_32.png

2 hours ago, jm6827 said:

I use the standard apropos 2 installation and for the DB I use: 

Apropos2 Text DB Update By Eadoo

Synonym substitutions seems to work, at least I see some messages with nearly the same content (only altered slightly, for example: father, uncle, cousin etc.) Where names should be used there is only space. So it look like the message was composed correctly but the names are missing. See the attached pictures, it is maybe clearer then my explanations.

Thx for your help.

Josh

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_57_52.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_03.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_07.png

Skyrim 14_08_2020 00_58_32.png

Huh.  That's weird.  Synonym substitutions are clearly working, but the PRIMARY and ACTIVE tags aren't being populated.  I'm not sure why that would happen.

Can you start a new game and see if it shows up there, as well?  If not, the problem is with your save data; you might be able to resolve that by running it through a savegame cleaner like Fallrim Tools.

9 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Huh.  That's weird.  Synonym substitutions are clearly working, but the PRIMARY and ACTIVE tags aren't being populated.  I'm not sure why that would happen.

Can you start a new game and see if it shows up there, as well?  If not, the problem is with your save data; you might be able to resolve that by running it through a savegame cleaner like Fallrim Tools.

Thx, for your time and your help - I used Fallrim Tools and tried out a new game. Nothing changed :-( I guess whatever is wrong is buried deep in my game installation. I will life with it  ;-) And when I setup everything new I will look if somethings change.

Thanks again :-)

On 8/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Eadoo said:

Hey there, reading through old posts for new ideas - I ran across this!

Is it still present in code?  If so, I want to start adding content here...

I wish you were around when I posted this! Nothing was made code-wise to support this idea, sadly.

15 hours ago, jm6827 said:

Thx, for your time and your help - I used Fallrim Tools and tried out a new game. Nothing changed ? I guess whatever is wrong is buried deep in my game installation. I will life with it  ? And when I setup everything new I will look if somethings change.

Thanks again ?

I'm super-sorry I couldn't give you an actual solution!

Anyone know of any dbs for MFF scenes?  When I put the male in the correct spot it just uses my female PC and the other female NPC as actos.  Sometimes it uses my PC as both actors.  And if not is there a way I can make a MFF scene in the DB that plays when a MFF tag comes up?  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Krynn said:

Also I can't really read the MCM menu, because I only see strange translations similar to $§.

Rename Apropos2_ENGLISH.txt to Apropos2_GERMAN.txt (skyrim>data>Interface>translations)

The MCM will be still in English, but you don't get a broken text.

This is actually true for all mods that don't come with a translation or without a renamed MCM translation file.

Spoiler

Im Skyrim Unterverzeichnis suche nach Apropos2_ENGLISH.txt und benenne die Datei um in Apropos2_GERMAN.txt.

Das verhindert Sonderzeichen im MCM, die Sprache ist natürlich weiterhin Englisch.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:23 AM, Bradly.Col said:

I am having an issue where healing has been disabled. My character will not auto heal any health, magica or stamina.

This happens after rape, I believe.  Do you have a negative magical effect labeled "Raped" or something similar?

On 12/23/2018 at 6:18 AM, Nymra said:

I thought I could share my customized apropos2 after_effects textures.

I toned down stage 3 and 4 (removed most of the blood, turned me off) and also fixed the bruises on the hips (they lead to seaming when I used UNPB special body from All-In-One). 

Just replace them in the mod or make a new mod in your MO. 

I think I will do the cuts next, adding some more on stage 3 for example.

After Effects_light.rar

I tried these textures and the last stage is pink with very clear seams. It looks like that when a texture is missing, but I can't see anything wrong with the texture in photoshop. Anyone who got better results?

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

I tried these textures and the last stage is pink with very clear seams. It looks like that when a texture is missing, but I can't see anything wrong with the texture in photoshop. Anyone who got better results?

For me it is working. No idea what is wrong there. 
But DDS files seem like a mystery sometimes, lol. 

I am working on new ones  and will release them as seperate patch. Maybe they work better for you (no ETA tho). 

32 minutes ago, Nymra said:

For me it is working. No idea what is wrong there. 
But DDS files seem like a mystery sometimes, lol. 

I am working on new ones  and will release them as seperate patch. Maybe they work better for you (no ETA tho). 

That's really nice to hear. Would be nice if you could tone down the battered face texture and make it look more realistic. To me it looks like someone who was hit by a truck and then dragged across the street with their face into the ground. All it needs are some bruises. I might do a version myself if my char ever gets to that state.

If my wear and tear levels are 7/6/5, how can they become 6/1/1 after 8 hours of rest? It's illogical. Especially with a heal setting of 2 hours and 100%. My char was the victim of a 5p skeever abuse as the last SL scene before sleep, so all areas should have been healed equally according to the description.

If you override the current statuses, will it be forced to the required value for that status, or is it just a temporary thing?

39 minutes ago, saltshade said:

If my wear and tear levels are 7/6/5, how can they become 6/1/1 after 8 hours of rest? It's illogical. Especially with a heal setting of 2 hours and 100%. My char was the victim of a 5p skeever abuse as the last SL scene before sleep, so all areas should have been healed equally according to the description.

If you override the current statuses, will it be forced to the required value for that status, or is it just a temporary thing?

What is your Wear and Tear Degrade Factor set to? What about Maximum Wear Tear Value ?

What is "100%" ?

14 minutes ago, gooser said:

What is your Wear and Tear Degrade Factor set to? What about Maximum Wear Tear Value ?

What is "100%" ?

There is only one setting that uses percent and that's chance of wear and tear heal. I had degrade factor set to 1.0 and maximum to 1000. I also found another issue. When I eat something that isn't on the list of WearAndTear_Consumables.txt, I'm getting wear and tear damage and decreased arousal. Got it from Jug of Milk and Spider Eggs, because I was using the list for Skooma Whore that doesn't have spider eggs on it for some reason. The mod seems totally broken.

7 minutes ago, saltshade said:

There is only one setting that uses percent and that's chance of wear and tear heal. I had degrade factor set to 1.0 and maximum to 1000. I also found another issue. When I eat something that isn't on the list of WearAndTear_Consumables.txt, I'm getting wear and tear damage and decreased arousal. Got it from Jug of Milk and Spider Eggs, because I was using the list for Skooma Whore that doesn't have spider eggs on it for some reason. The mod seems totally broken.

Yep it is totally broken. You shouldn't use it. ?

3 minutes ago, saltshade said:

So it's not because the SE script isn't enough to make it work for SSE? You're actually admitting it's broken or you're just too lazy to help?

1. There is no official SE port of this mod, from me, at least.

2. The LE version of this mod (Apropos2 and Apropos) has been used by thousands of users for over 4 years.

3. The design of any W&T system is going to be largely subjective, hugely influenced by personal tastes. You are in a line of many other people before you who each had different takes on what W&T *should* do. But the fundamental mathematics and implementation has been around for years now.

4. I don't have a crystal ball, so I can't possibly know what is wrong with your system. Without any other details (other than you are running SE apparently), it's hard for me to figure out what your problem is.