8 minutes ago, xbeautycolor said:

ugh, i just got my first child in my colony, but it has a need for sex. Is that normal for a newborn? Oo (minium age for such things is set at 18?!)

I also have babys and children and children and children, school and learning in my loard order.

Pawns incapable of sex, such as children and pawns without genitals will have a sex-need of 50%, but it will never increase or decrease. If it just exists, it isn't a problem. If the bar moves, you probably have some kind of incompatability going on.

4 hours ago, NeverLucky4Life said:

I can verify it worked like this in 1.2 as well since I made a bunch of patches to try and fix alot of those races.

Age Price factor is XML and easy to patch.

The rjw Age settings do not apply for everything there are interactions such as quickies that care more about life expectancy.

But the Pregnancy infertility Age sliders actually work as expected.

Being a Rape initiator or Target are the main things you can use the Basic setting age value.

So wait am I understanding this correctly in that there is something that I can change in the race def to let them keep there large maximum lifespans but also let them fuck at 18 (because I keep age flooring people in the biosculptor, or would be if it wasn't breaking them)

If so can you like, just clarify real quick what thing it is? I do know XML modding so uhhh as long as you point me to the right tab (and maybe a guideline for setting it) I should be good, and also I would like be very thankfull to you.

I would like to make a feature request for a function to have only certain animals or species considered for human-initiated bestiality (without affecting their normal same-species reproduction). As I understand it, the vanilla RJW system only really considers wildness for human-initiated bestiality. The other system, the 'animal breeding' flag simply allows flagged animals to rape flagged humans.

This means human-initiated bestiality invariably goes for farm animals when present, with other higher-wildness species being ignored. The other option, the animal breeding flag not only does nothing to control anything human-initiated, but also subjects human pawns to the crippling mindbroken modifier and if female, the negative 'was raped' moodlet.

The sort of system I'd like to see would either be something akin to the Alpha Animals mod, whose mod configuration window has toggles to disable certain species from appearing, except here it would be that deselected species would not be considered for anything human-initiated. Alternatively, a reverse of the animal breeding flag - instead of 'these animals can rape these humans', it's 'these humans can rape these animals'.

A second, more of a wishlist feature request is a function to have an interspecies pregnancy's baby differ based on gender - if male, it's the father's species, if female, the mother's - avoiding any sort of hybrid whatsoever.

Edited by 123789654
2 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

So wait am I understanding this correctly in that there is something that I can change in the race def to let them keep there large maximum lifespans but also let them fuck at 18 (because I keep age flooring people in the biosculptor, or would be if it wasn't breaking them)

If so can you like, just clarify real quick what thing it is? I do know XML modding so uhhh as long as you point me to the right tab (and maybe a guideline for setting it) I should be good, and also I would like be very thankfull to you.

Reduce in the race file the life expectancy to reasonable value (70 to 100 range).

For a proper error free adjustment also change:

Age spawn value 

Life stage ages 

Backstory ages

41 minutes ago, 123789654 said:

I would like to make a feature request for a function to have only certain animals or species considered for human-initiated bestiality (without affecting their normal same-species reproduction). As I understand it, the vanilla RJW system only really considers wildness for human-initiated bestiality. The other system, the 'animal breeding' flag simply allows flagged animals to rape flagged humans.

This means human-initiated bestiality invariably goes for farm animals when present, with other higher-wildness species being ignored. The other option, the animal breeding flag not only does nothing to control anything human-initiated, but also subjects human pawns to the crippling mindbroken modifier and if female, the negative 'was raped' moodlet.

The sort of system I'd like to see would either be something akin to the Alpha Animals mod, whose mod configuration window has toggles to disable certain species from appearing, except here it would be that deselected species would not be considered for anything human-initiated. Alternatively, a reverse of the animal breeding flag - instead of 'these animals can rape these humans', it's 'these humans can rape these animals'.

A second, more of a wishlist feature request is a function to have an interspecies pregnancy's baby differ based on gender - if male, it's the father's species, if female, the mother's - avoiding any sort of hybrid whatsoever.

1- there are other factors like body size and traits / quirks.

2- not how pawnKinds work, however for most mono gendered races or some special races like Slime you already can.

24 minutes ago, NeverLucky4Life said:

1- there are other factors like body size and traits / quirks.

Either way, it's a) not something the player has any control over, and b) it still leads to a a fairly static priority order depending on what animal species are present, with whichever is on top getting the vast majority of attention.

To illustrate, I had a relatively advanced game back in 1.2, with lots of tamed animals. Some wolves, more of other high-wildness species - but I did have a bunch of radyak (from Alpha Animals - 30 wildness, very cattle-like otherwise), including one male and several females. That one male radyak was legitimately the only target my pawns ever went after (my pawns were all a monogendered female race).

Because removing genitalia to stop them from being a target when I still want those animals to reproduce among themselves really isn't a solution.

Edited by 123789654
2 hours ago, NeverLucky4Life said:

Reduce in the race file the life expectancy to reasonable value (70 to 100 range).

For a proper error free adjustment also change:

Age spawn value 

Life stage ages 

Backstory ages

I was honestly hoping to leave the long lifespans, but have something else that was changable....

In this case, I feel there should be something we can change in the menu or something to adjust this...

Edit: I actualy seem to not be having the issue any more upon updating to the newest version, but there is nothing about it in the changelog.

Edited by FoxyNova
1 hour ago, FoxyNova said:

I was honestly hoping to leave the long lifespans, but have something else that was changable....

In this case, I feel there should be something we can change in the menu or something to adjust this...

Edit: I actualy seem to not be having the issue any more upon updating to the newest version, but there is nothing about it in the changelog.

Most races use immune to aging tag so it wouldn't matter in any case or they don't understand how to use hediff giver sets which once again makes it not matter.

Hi! I'm encountering a bug - for some reason I'm unable to change the sexuality choosing method from vanilla to Psychology. I'm using Psychology unofficial from steam, and using the kinsey scale from it, so the gay/bi traits are disabled. This effectively forces all my pawns to be straight as none of them have the traits

When I try to select Psychology it just, doesn't work rhe box stays saying Vanilla

Hey there, I'm running 1.2 Rimworld and I seem to have a problem where my colonists having no clothing during the character creator and are able to have sex however the animations don't play. I've attached the image of my load order and the actual debug log. Let me know if you need to see the actual bugs in play.

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

So recently, I've been trying to use Ideology and RJW to make an insect-worshiping/breeding colony, where I have insects breed all the women colonists and slaves to hopefully make a player tamed swarm. 

While the insects (added through character editor) were able to plant unfertilized eggs in the pawns, even though there were male insects, I couldn't get them to fertilize the eggs. Could I ask if having colony-affiliated insects breaks the code somehow, or if insects fertilizing pawns never really worked right?

4 hours ago, ChainedBlitz said:

While the insects (added through character editor) were able to plant unfertilized eggs in the pawns, even though there were male insects, I couldn't get them to fertilize the eggs. Could I ask if having colony-affiliated insects breaks the code somehow, or if insects fertilizing pawns never really worked right?

Make sure in pregnancy settings you have it set so that any male with an ovipositor can fertilize any egg (if your female insects are different from the male insects). 

Other than that since you mentioned "insect worshipping" are you using improved insectiods that adds the insect idealogy precepts? That mod adds insect pregnancy which affects egglaying/fertiziling.

Some bugs from my current game -

First, a bug with pregnancies - even if time has revealed a pawn is pregnant, I still have to 'check pregnancy' before I can abort the pregnancy. Note, I'm using the menstruation mod.

Another bug - I had set all DNA inheritance to favor the father's species/beast offspring, but when I had a male animal impregnate a female humanlike, the baby was a humanlike (the mother and baby were the Revia race)

Hello, I think I found a bug?

When an animal baby is born from animal that has udder, it will have duplicate udders (udder listed twice in health tab). For example, this affects deer: Parent that were spawned by game are fine, but the baby when born on map has duplicate udders. Animals with breasts have no problem.

Anyone else has seen this?

12 hours ago, vindecare said:

im new to modding i don't know what nested folder is 

Basically when you are modding Rimworld manually what you want to see from a downloaded mod file when you first open it is that you can see all the files it contains. When you first download and unzip a file and open it you will likely instead see a single file. You need to extract that single file and put that outside the file its "nested" in and directly inside the mod folder - then when you click on the file from inside the mod folder you should be able to see all the files.

Edited by NVPD28
On 8/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, Ed86 said:

hm... i guess ill post it here too....

https://gitgud.io/Ed86/rjw/-/tree/test

test version of some future update(prob week or 2?), and yes this will break most rjw addons

so if  anyone have any more ideas about new methods/functions/optimizations feel free to share

----------------------------

moved whoring related methods to whoring helper
moved bed related methods to bed helper
moved aftersexthoughts to separate helper, split many methods into smaller methods
moved path related checks to pather utility
split succubus related functions into separate methods
since i figured how to save constructs, changed most functions to call Sexprops rather than (pawn,partner,...., etc)
changed orgasm() to function properly and impregnate, do cum stuff, transfer nutrition when triggered rather than after sex
changed breedingforfemale to call mating job, so rather than reverse fuckery now animal is initiator
changed parts detection to use filtered lists bound to pawns that are updated on 1st rquest/gameload/part add/loss, rather than going through all hediffs everytime
added fuctions to pawn extension for easier calls  pawn.GetGenitalsList() etc
removed sexutility.sexActs
added sexutility.SexInterractions with all valid rjw interractions
added rjwSextype rjwSextypeCollection list with all sextypes

Would it be possible to make rapeability be based on the difference of vulnerabilities of the rapist and the victim, rather than just the vulnerability of the victim? Or, better yet, have "rape ability" be its own stat?

This would require the function "can_get_raped(Pawn pawn)" in xxx.cs be changed to "can_get_raped(Pawn target, Pawn rapist)". There doesn't seem to be many call locations, so it seems like an easy change.

I'm trying to get RJW to work with the Hardcore SK modpack, and I've run into a minor issue.

Once I install RJW, the game starts throwing errors pointing at Facial Stuff, but I can't figure out what exactly is going on. The errors look like this:

Exception spawning loaded thing Donkey346893: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckBodyForAddedParts (Verse.Hediff hediff, FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator anim, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftHand, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftArm, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightHand, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightArm, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftFoot, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftLeg, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightFoot, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightLeg) [0x0009a] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckPart (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] body, Verse.Hediff hediff, FacialStuff.CompFace face, FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator anim, System.Boolean missing) [0x0027f] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckForAddedOrMissingParts (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x001f3] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator.PostSpawnSetup (System.Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x0004f] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SpawnSetup (Verse.Map map, System.Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00020] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Verse.Pawn.SpawnSetup_Patch1(Verse.Pawn,Verse.Map,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.GenSpawn.Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn_Patch0(Verse.Thing,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map,Verse.Rot4,Verse.WipeMode,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Map.Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading_Patch1(Verse.Map)
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

followed by:

Exception ticking Donkey346893 (at (135, 0, 4)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob () [0x00000] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick_Patch0(Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch2(Verse.Pawn)
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x0015c] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

This only affects certain animals (so far I've seen donkeys, ibexes, deer) and most of the time they render normal, but sometimes they're completly invisible. Either way, they also don't show up in the wildlife tab anymore. If I kill the offending animal (via devtools or otherwise) the errors disappear.

Hugslog: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ee575a3a50a7fc6696302c3b8281fab2

Can anyone help me figure this one out? Thanks! :)

6 minutes ago, NightlinerSGS said:

I'm trying to get RJW to work with the Hardcore SK modpack, and I've run into a minor issue.

Once I install RJW, the game starts throwing errors pointing at Facial Stuff, but I can't figure out what exactly is going on. The errors look like this:

Exception spawning loaded thing Donkey346893: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckBodyForAddedParts (Verse.Hediff hediff, FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator anim, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftHand, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftArm, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightHand, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightArm, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftFoot, Verse.BodyPartRecord leftLeg, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightFoot, Verse.BodyPartRecord rightLeg) [0x0009a] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckPart (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] body, Verse.Hediff hediff, FacialStuff.CompFace face, FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator anim, System.Boolean missing) [0x0027f] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.PawnExtensions.CheckForAddedOrMissingParts (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x001f3] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at FacialStuff.CompBodyAnimator.PostSpawnSetup (System.Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x0004f] in <86765cf5c44f45d39c13621b7db86527>:0 
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SpawnSetup (Verse.Map map, System.Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00020] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Verse.Pawn.SpawnSetup_Patch1(Verse.Pawn,Verse.Map,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.GenSpawn.Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn_Patch0(Verse.Thing,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map,Verse.Rot4,Verse.WipeMode,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Map.Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading_Patch1(Verse.Map)

followed by:

Exception ticking Donkey346893 (at (135, 0, 4)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob () [0x00000] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick_Patch0(Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch2(Verse.Pawn)
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x0015c] in <12a8d1a0a5a64eae86579edb3a3b30c7>:0 

This only affects certain animals (so far I've seen donkeys, ibexes, deer) and most of the time they render normal, but sometimes they're completly invisible. Either way, they also don't show up in the wildlife tab anymore. If I kill the offending animal (via devtools or otherwise) the errors disappear.

Hugslog: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ee575a3a50a7fc6696302c3b8281fab2

Can anyone help me figure this one out? Thanks! :)

Maybe they already existed ingame when yiu added RJW, and RJW expects some things (e.g. body parts for sex) to exist in the definition of each animal. Because this is not the case, RJW throws errors.

Only solution except new game: kill all the animals with dev mode and recreate them after adding RJW. But better make a backup of the game first, try my approach and if it doesn't work you can revert the changes.

15 hours ago, vindecare said:

im new to modding i don't know what nested folder is 

Just google "nesting AND programming" literally as quoted.  One of the first few options should hopefully give a relatively uncomplicated explanation of nesting.  Nested folders are just the folder version (folders within folders).