@Ed8620210805232409.png.482a6ba20ce9fd18633891733f48e35b.png

20210805232804.png.ba2b635e596a3e8b483ed890410d50f2.png20210805232912.png.8dafcc179e2b9f4d4bf969efa10d6873.png

gestation progress: -0.3%

should be 

gestation progress: 0.3%

right?

The question I sent seems to be ignored?

The egg laying mechanism of alpha chitin seems to have been damaged, and the count of each egg laying is wrong

They can't wait for fertilization. At the moment of egg, they will turn into shellac and miscarry.

I am lost on how to properly extract the main mod and add-ons. I found the RW mod folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods) and inside I made a folder called RJW. My understanding is that the contents of RJW and all of the addon mods must be loose inside the RJW folder.

If I place the RJW master 7zip file inside the RJW folder and extract "here" it creates a subfolder. If I pull the contents out of that subfolder so that they're all in the RJW folder when I try to extract any addon mods and do the same it wants to overwrite some of the RJW files.

I feel like each RW mod must have it's own folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods, but the RJW instructions seem to say that RJW and all of the addons must be stuffed inside the RJW folder.

3 minutes ago, rbanzai said:

I am lost on how to properly extract the main mod and add-ons. I found the RW mod folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods) and inside I made a folder called RJW. My understanding is that the contents of RJW and all of the addon mods must be loose inside the RJW folder.

If I place the RJW master 7zip file inside the RJW folder and extract "here" it creates a subfolder. If I pull the contents out of that subfolder so that they're all in the RJW folder when I try to extract any addon mods and do the same it wants to overwrite some of the RJW files.

I feel like each RW mod must have it's own folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods, but the RJW instructions seem to say that RJW and all of the addons must be stuffed inside the RJW folder.

each mod needs to be in its own folder in the /Mods directory, don't double nest tho

Troubleshooting-guide1-2.png

credit to tory187

1 minute ago, Verip said:

Is RJW good to go with 1.3?

yes

5 hours ago, rallyelgen said:

Hi.

Just a quick question. Where can i request support of additional races in RJW?

Specifically i taught of the Moonjelly Race and RimGoddess Race.

look into how race support, does it (if it doesn't support these races already), its as easy as to find the races def name

gitgudicon.png RJW Races Support favicon.ico

2 hours ago, amrolee said:

@Ed86

gestation progress: -0.3%

should be 

gestation progress: 0.3%

right?

The question I sent seems to be ignored?

The egg laying mechanism of alpha chitin seems to have been damaged, and the count of each egg laying is wrong

They can't wait for fertilization. At the moment of egg, they will turn into shellac and miscarry.

remove rocketman?

10 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Why u no maek compatible?

It's spelled "Y U no mask compatible?"  Seriously, first to add a mask wins.  Wait there's already a mod for that.

But on a more serious note, can bionic spines be make to cancel out genital movement hediff debuff?  Give spines some use, since it doesn't buff charisma?

I noticed vanilla pawns born with rjw can get 2 breast headiffs if i want to transplant them a new (bigger one) so far i removed the old headiff with devmode but that part is lost that way dunno if it is a old issue or with the current update , i dont  use mods that mess with pawns anyway  exept rimnude and otynude.

Edited by Haraldh
3 hours ago, amrolee said:

I tried it again just now

I removed the rocketman Mod and still have this error problem...

Did you remove the hediff and it returned? Uninstalling rocketman won't fix the issue, just (maybe) prevent it from occurring again.
I'm pretty sure rocketman is to blame for a similar thing that happened to a component my pawn was crafting, it ended up with negative progress.

2 hours ago, RimworldCD said:

Did you remove the hediff and it returned? Uninstalling rocketman won't fix the issue, just (maybe) prevent it from occurring again.
I'm pretty sure rocketman is to blame for a similar thing that happened to a component my pawn was crafting, it ended up with negative progress.

20210807012600.png.07e64a3e76576b3414d21f73bd983894.png20210807012638.png.81a118410f56515f9e96bd7bb1eea16e.png20210807012809.png.e5de31d00e2859a340b51cbe3d8fdbe8.png

You wasted me 10 minutes and started a new game.

The ending is still a wrong bug

Next, do you want me to uninstall harmony or core or ideology? And start a new game again?

1 hour ago, amrolee said:

You wasted me 10 minutes and started a new game.

The ending is still a wrong bug

Next, do you want me to uninstall harmony or core or ideology? And start a new game again?

sure, why not, i waste few hours-days to fix bugs, what is 10min?

Wasting time is just part of the error solving process, I did a bit trying to figure out why transhumanists wouldn't fuck as well.

Any time we waste on it is less work for the mod developer though, and like he already is developing the mod, being a little considerate and taking 10 minutes so he can save time on it goes a long way.

2 hours ago, Ed86 said:

sure, why not, i waste few hours-days to fix bugs, what is 10min?

I was having the same issue as him, did a clean install with only Alpha Animals and RJW, same problem with negative gestation on the eggs, removed RJW, problem fixed.  Checked the 1.2 version of RJW and AA and it worked fine. Seems like the gestation feature on AA got borked on the transition to 1.3.

Hi all, playing with the latest 1.2 build of RJW in my 1.2 load order, along with QEE, the patch for it, and Licentia.

(female) Ovipositors (for pawns) seem a bit broken.

It's possible to produce ovipositors in the organ vat, and when installed on humans, even say they're producing human eggs. But they can't ever be implanted. They can be fertilized through pawns with male ovipositors having sex with them, but they can't ever actually be implanted. I've tried searching the forums and while I saw a post from a guest mentioning someone mentioning a similar problem a little over a month ago, it seems to have completely disappeared on me. I know your focus is on 1.3 right now, but have any of you had this issue? I've tried toggling the filters for implantation and fertilization in the pregnancy menu, but it doesn't have any effect. I'm also using Arachnophobia, and egg implantation and fertilization works fine with them, so it seems to be weird unique issue to humanlikes. Has anyone had a similar problem, and have you resolved the issue?

9 hours ago, ohlordisitgoingdown said:

I was having the same issue as him, did a clean install with only Alpha Animals and RJW, same problem with negative gestation on the eggs, removed RJW, problem fixed.  Checked the 1.2 version of RJW and AA and it worked fine. Seems like the gestation feature on AA got borked on the transition to 1.3.

its a new feature of 1.3

ill disable egg implanting for races with no gestationPeriodDays in next version

How is egg pregnancy supposed to work in the current version of RJW anyway? Is the egg supposed to be fertilized with animal-animal sex and then implanted in a host, or implanted unfertilized first then fertilized by someone with a male ovipositor, or something else entirely?

7 hours ago, goldcut said:

My eggs hatch into the void...this is the log obtained from dev mode. I only have rjw and rjw extension active.

Also my animals never get pregnant, but I don't know how to obtain a log for that.

Player.log 7.38 kB · 2 downloads

I don't know if this is still valid, but in previous version of RJW, the game would for some reason do this is both parents didn't have valid genitals at the time of birth (and for some reason, "Generic [bodypart]" did not count). No idea why, or if it was ever fixed. Maybe this is your issue? As for the animal pregnancy, is it enabled in the mod settings -> pregnancy screen? (Along with maybe disabling the fertility penalty applied for having species too disparate, if applicable)

3 hours ago, veedanya said:

How is egg pregnancy supposed to work in the current version of RJW anyway? Is the egg supposed to be fertilized with animal-animal sex and then implanted in a host, or implanted unfertilized first then fertilized by someone with a male ovipositor, or something else entirely?

I don't know if this is still valid, but in previous version of RJW, the game would for some reason do this is both parents didn't have valid genitals at the time of birth (and for some reason, "Generic [bodypart]" did not count). No idea why, or if it was ever fixed. Maybe this is your issue? As for the animal pregnancy, is it enabled in the mod settings -> pregnancy screen? (Along with maybe disabling the fertility penalty applied for having species too disparate, if applicable)

Nothing fancy like those, just your regular chicken eggs fertilised by a rooster and laid by a hen....well for testing purpose I used fertilised eggs spawn from dev mode because I was testing mod combinations, but the problem was experienced during normal gameplay.

For animal pregnancies I was also talking about same species, for example I bought a pair of pigs and they never give me any piglets despite painting the pen white. I checked the mod settings and animal pregnancy has 25%, same as human pregnancy which I suppose is the default. My colonists have been getting pregnant and giving birth normally but non of my animals can.

Edit: Now that you reminded me, I can turn off rjw pregnancies for animals and just let my animals breed vanilla until it got fixed.

Edited by goldcut