1 hour ago, Z21 said:

How to reduce chance of oral sex? (get "was licked" very often)

As far as I'm aware it's completely random so there isn't any way I'm aware of to control how pawns have sex. Though you could try the gag, but keep in mind it reduces a pawn's ability to each to 10% and they can't talk. You get it by crafting a holokey then crafting the gag spawning one in will not work.

13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

As far as the romance goes, I have no Idea. However, Rainbeau Flambe, the guy or gal who updated the Rational Romance mod says the following on the mod's page: Fixes Some Problems in the Game's Romance-Related Code. Female pawns will now be just as likely as male pawns to initiate romance attempts or to propose marriage, subject to the cultural variations mentioned above. Gay pawns will be no less likely than straight pawns to be parents. And male and female pawns will both now prefer partners near their own age but potentially accept either younger or older partners, unlike in vanilla, where men have a strong preference for younger women and women for older men.

How exactly the numbers look like now, well. That's anyone's guess.

Oh, look. When Rainbeau Flambe points problems in the code, and outright calls them problems, it's fine, but when RPShotgun points out those same inconsistencies, it's "dishonest" and "inaccurate".

Funny that.

On the subject of the mod, are insect impregnations working again?

I had a little experiment set up: turned my prison into an improvised giant spider breeding chamber. Had two female prisoners in there, as well as a male and a female giant spider. I had intended for the prison to make me a nice little swarm of trained, but expendable, attack spiders. However, several in-game weeks have gone by, and despite numerous breedings, no eggs have been implanted yet. And I'm pretty sure I saw some wild spiders implant eggs into some of my knocked-out colonists before, to my surprise.

Incidentally, spiders make for pretty good wardens and peace keepers, for when the prisoners eventually succumb to mental breakdowns and/or try to riot.

Anyway, anecdote aside, I've got an idea to start a new colony where spiders are going to play a central role(hauling stuff, creating webs to trap prey, keeping prisoners in line, first line of defence, etc), and wanted to hear if anyone else have had success with insect eggs in the last couple of RJW versions.

10 hours ago, Z21 said:

How to reduce chance of oral sex? (get "was licked" very often)

The processSex function in xxx.cs has been bugged for a long time: it doesn't check what the partner has, and always results in oral if the initiator doesn't have a penis. Especially common if you have a male nympho who goes around joining random beds: that'll always be oral, except for male-on-male.

Been meaning to fix it for a long time, but haven't got around to it. Need to rewrite the whole thing to get it working right. ...I think I'm gonna focus on that, I have an idea of how to make that more versatile.

1 hour ago, Vincenzo667 said:

Has anyone figured out a way to turn off pregnancies in Cheran's repack of the Children and Pregnancy mod? I'm running both RJW and CaP in my current game and it forces me to keep RJW pregnancies off or deal with the possibilities of double pregnancy, which is pretty annoying.

here is a patch to disable CnP pregnancies, just override the original .dll

6 minutes ago, Skömer said:

here is a patch to disable CnP pregnancies, just override the original .dll

404 file not found
But I was under the impression that this fix only works for the B19 version of CnP, not the Cheran build that is AFAIK the only version of the mod that works properly with current up-to-date game version. 

On 12/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, Skömer said:

Whores only hook up with friendly pawns of other factions

They're supposed to give freebies to colonists too (the ones they like), but turns out that's not actually working. I could've sworn that I pushed a fix for that a couple of weeks ago, but I guess I only fixed it in my private build. Ah well, added it to the next merge, which may not make it to the next version.

4 hours ago, Vincenzo667 said:

404 file not found
But I was under the impression that this fix only works for the B19 version of CnP, not the Cheran build that is AFAIK the only version of the mod that works properly with current up-to-date game version. 

I don't believe RJW and CnP are compatible at all anymore. The code to link them was still present, but wasn't actually working for quite some time, and should be removed in the most recent releases.

Some of Tynan's numbers are just wonky in general. It's pointed out in Grim Reality (which broadly rebalances thoughts) that if your spouse was murdered on your wedding day it would be a net +25 mood for the surviving pawn. Some things stack to ludicrous degrees, and some mood penalties are very oddly scaled versus others. Human psychology is not Tynan's strong suit. (I HAVE TO EAT WITHOUT A TABLE?!?!)

RPS did blow the story out of proportion, but at the same time, Tynan built what he called a "placeholder" system which was overly complex, very sexist (in both directions), and very much steeped in outdated views of human sexuality. And I don't mean outdated for the 2000s, but like, totally ignoring even Dr. Kinsey's research from the 50s, which both Psychology and Rational Romance are based on. And none of that took into account that it's supposed to be 5501 and Victorian cultural norms would be extremely unlikely to apply universally to all cultures on every planet. (Again, a strong suit of Rainbeau's mod, where each culture in the game has their own views on things).

Oh, noticed an another bug. Rape seems to currently be set as Wardening subjob, so if a pawn is not set to wardening, they're unable to rape. It also means that pawns who are incapable of Social have no way to do that 'job'.

I have no idea how to fix that, am not familiar with those parts of the code. Maybe Ed86 knows?

16 hours ago, Pantheress said:

Oh, look. When Rainbeau Flambe points problems in the code, and outright calls them problems, it's fine, but when RPShotgun points out those same inconsistencies, it's "dishonest" and "inaccurate".

Funny that.

Rainbeau Flambe is a modder that voices his personal opinion. He's not a journalist using a media outlet as a soapbox to preach how much of a sexist pig Tynan is. Instead, he simply thinks that there are problems in the code and he made a mod that fixes them. I can respect that, even if I don't necessarily agree with Rainbeau Flambe. It's not exactly rocket science, you know.

41 minutes ago, DarkTeletubby said:

Some of Tynan's numbers are just wonky in general. It's pointed out in Grim Reality (which broadly rebalances thoughts) that if your spouse was murdered on your wedding day it would be a net +25 mood for the surviving pawn. Some things stack to ludicrous degrees, and some mood penalties are very oddly scaled versus others. Human psychology is not Tynan's strong suit. (I HAVE TO EAT WITHOUT A TABLE?!?!)

RPS did blow the story out of proportion, but at the same time, Tynan built what he called a "placeholder" system which was overly complex, very sexist (in both directions), and very much steeped in outdated views of human sexuality. And I don't mean outdated for the 2000s, but like, totally ignoring even Dr. Kinsey's research from the 50s, which both Psychology and Rational Romance are based on. And none of that took into account that it's supposed to be 5501 and Victorian cultural norms would be extremely unlikely to apply universally to all cultures on every planet. (Again, a strong suit of Rainbeau's mod, where each culture in the game has their own views on things).

I think the problem is that RimWorld uses pretty simple numbers to simulate human behavior. No matter how much you tweak things, with the right setup you can negate most mood debuffs. I don't think that sleeping in a nice bed (+8), having a lavish meal (+12) and smoking ye good ol' blunt (+15) balances out the fact that you had to eat the corpse of your mother yesterday (-20 for cannibalism, -8 for the mother's death). There's no lasting consequence for anything, no mental scarring, nothing. RimWorld is very gamified when it comes to the simulation side of things.

7 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

Oh, noticed an another bug. Rape seems to currently be set as Wardening subjob, so if a pawn is not set to wardening, they're unable to rape. It also means that pawns who are incapable of Social have no way to do that 'job'.

I have no idea how to fix that, am not familiar with those parts of the code. Maybe Ed86 knows?

replace the worktype from 'Warden' to 'BasicWorker' in the xml, at least that's what I do every time I download a new version of RJW.

49 minutes ago, DarkTeletubby said:

I don't believe RJW and CnP are compatible at all anymore. The code to link them was still present, but wasn't actually working for quite some time, and should be removed in the most recent releases.

They actually work fine together in my current game, RJW provides the sex mechanics and CnP provides the reproduction part, the only issue is that I have a second redundant contraception recipe and that I had to disable RJW pregnancies to make sure colonists don't get double pregnant. The only "problem" with that is that with RJW pregnancies off, rape will never make pawns pregnant, because CnP doesn't recognize any lovin' action other than vanilla. Which is not a big issue, but it's something I would like to fix. To be honest the mechanics surrounding non-adult pawns are just better in CnP compared to RJW so I'd preffer to keep using it. Then again CnP alone won't let me have a section of 'pigfuckers' in my base. ^^

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

There's no lasting consequence for anything, no mental scarring, nothing. RimWorld is very gamified when it comes to the simulation side of things.

Rim Disorders. Coincidentally also a SeveralPuffins mod revived by Rainbeau. :)

All those mangled pirates aren't very good recruits when they all have crippling PTSD from the deathtrap of a base they just tried to assault.

8 minutes ago, Vincenzo667 said:

They actually work fine together in my current game, RJW provides the sex mechanics and CnP provides the reproduction part, the only issue is that I have a second redundant contraception recipe and that I had to disable RJW pregnancies to make sure colonists don't get double pregnant. The only "problem" with that is that with RJW pregnancies off, rape will never make pawns pregnant, because CnP doesn't recognize any lovin' action other than vanilla. Which is not a big issue, but it's something I would like to fix. To be honest the mechanics surrounding non-adult pawns are just better in CnP compared to RJW so I'd preffer to keep using it. Then again CnP alone won't let me have a section of 'pigfuckers' in my base. ^^

That's what I mean though. They used to integrate and just work with no fiddling. Now they both try to do the same thing and trip over each other. CnP isn't aware of what RJW is doing and vice versa.

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

replace the worktype from 'Warden' to 'BasicWorker' in the xml, at least that's what I do every time I download a new version of RJW.

Yeah, that seems better. Since as far as I know, no pawns are incapable of that. Though optimally, it'd be best to have a completely new category for sex-related jobs. 

That certainly explains why some users have been unable to get it working. ...I wish someone had mentioned the fix sooner. I spent quite a while trying to figure out the cause, and the way I usually set the work priorities (everyone does wardening as a backup job) made it quite difficult to notice.

1 hour ago, Zaltys said:

Yeah, that seems better. Since as far as I know, no pawns are incapable of that. Though optimally, it'd be best to have a completely new category for sex-related jobs. 

That certainly explains why some users have been unable to get it working. ...I wish someone had mentioned the fix sooner. I spent quite a while trying to figure out the cause, and the way I usually set the work priorities (everyone does wardening as a backup job) made it quite difficult to notice.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in November I even checked back and it was November 21st and I even provided a file for the workergiver.xml that changed it to basicworker.

Anyways, I have noticed some odd behavior with the animal cross-breeding involving wild animals. One of my animals keep trying to breed a wild one and quite frankly it is a bit annoying simply because it's not allowed to leave the home zone yet the game keeps announcing attempts at random intervals. Any idea why that's happening.

1 hour ago, weirn said:

Anyways, I have noticed some odd behavior with the animal cross-breeding involving wild animals. One of my animals keep trying to breed a wild one and quite frankly it is a bit annoying simply because it's not allowed to leave the home zone yet the game keeps announcing attempts at random intervals. Any idea why that's happening.

Thanks for the feedback, as usual.

Not sure how that could be happening, it should filter out the targets that are unreachable. And for animals, it should additionally filter out the ones they cannot see. I'll do some testing and try to figure out why that isn't working.

Haven't had time to work on animal-related stuff lately. Just finished rewriting the main sex process for humanlikes, which should fix several problems (especially for female-initiated actions) and make other sex types happen occasionally. Such as handjobs and fellatio.

(Wrote it in such way that it should be possible to add those as settings later, so players can adjust how frequently each type happens. Also designed it so that it'd be easy to add pawn-specific preferences at a later date. Such as making some pawn prefer footjobs, etc.)

4 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Thanks for the feedback, as usual.

Not sure how that could be happening, it should filter out the targets that are unreachable. And for animals, it should additionally filter out the ones they cannot see. I'll do some testing and try to figure out why that isn't working.

Haven't had time to work on animal-related stuff lately. Just finished rewriting the main sex process for humanlikes, which should fix several problems (especially for female-initiated actions) and make other sex types happen occasionally. Such as handjobs and fellatio.

(Wrote it in such way that it should be possible to add those as settings later, so players can adjust how frequently each type happens. Also designed it so that it'd be easy to add pawn-specific preferences at a later date. Such as making some pawn prefer footjobs, etc.)

That's sounds pretty interesting. I'm just now noticing it since I have a couple who are women and one of them are futa yet I've been getting mostly oral when I need one of them pregnant for the lactation effect it brings. The animal issue could be happening as I interrupted the attempt by forcing it to stay in the home zone. The animal it tried breeding with was across the map and it was getting late ingame, so I did it to keep it from getting killed by predators on the return trip.

v1.9.0c
Zaltys:
Patched in nearly hundred sexual conversation topics. Currently set as rare, so pawns don't talk about sex all the day.
Small fix that should stop babies from inheriting conflicting trait combos.
Disabled the 'allowed me to get raped' thoughts for animal-on-female if the target is a zoophile. Didn't seem right that they'd hate the bystanders, despite getting a mood bonus from it.
Fixed a stupid mistake in the trait inheritance checking. Didn't break anything, but it certainly didn't work either.
Fixed the whoring target selection and spam.

Ed86:
switched Genital_Helper to public class
crawls under christmas tree with bottle of vodka and salad, waiting for presents

rjw_1.9.0c.7z

@Zaltys Y u no discord?
Couple of notes on bestiality: The "marking" of a pawns for animals seems to be related to vulnerability, which doesn't seem right. This makes it so pawns can be "marked for animals" while asleep, and it functions while they are awake and the button is not present.
Said marking for animals also seems to function outside of "wild mode", Ed86 seems to think it shouldn't.

Bestiality seems to completely ignore the RJW rape AND animal vulnerability settings.
Both 0% "female rape" and "300% vulnerability requirement" are ignored by bestiality checks.

While on the topic, i like the "animal presenting" feature of marking by animals.
It would make more sense to go at it there and than instead of wondering back to a bed with an animal. But having animals able to "join a random bed" with bestiality pawns would be damn cool too.

3 hours ago, b00marrows said:

@Zaltys Y u no discord?

There's more than enough things on the to-do list. Being constantly pinged on Discord would just mean that I get less work done.

Couple of notes on bestiality: The "marking" of a pawns for animals seems to be related to vulnerability, which doesn't seem right. This makes it so pawns can be "marked for animals" while asleep, and it functions while they are awake and the button is not present.
Said marking for animals also seems to function outside of "wild mode", Ed86 seems to think it shouldn't.

I'm relatively sure that I haven't even looked at the marking code, would be better to ask Ed86 about it. But I don't see why it wouldn't be available outside of 'wild mode'. Shouldn't it be up to the player to decide which pawns get marked for that, just like comfort prisoners? 

Bestiality seems to completely ignore the RJW rape AND animal vulnerability settings.
Both 0% "female rape" and "300% vulnerability requirement" are ignored by bestiality checks.

Not sure what you mean by female rape, in relation to bestiality. The rape jobs are currently separate from bestiality, and as far as I know, female rape only applies to humanoids.

As for vulnerability, I'll see if I can incorporate it somehow. But I'd rather consider disabling it altogether for animals. Because vulnerability is balanced for colonists, and has never worked for animals. Bestiality currently uses other factors such as wildness and petness, whereas vulnerability is derived mostly from genitalia and melee skill. Which makes it very inaccurate for animals: for example, a wild lion may have a higher vulnerability than a tame cat. Animals have no skills, so their lack of melee stat completely throws off the calculation.

Even the tooltip for that setting is wrong: it says that animal vulnerability can be checked in the stats, but it is set as a social stat which animals do not have...