5 hours ago, Highlander said:

Will colonists marked for prostitution ever hook up with other colonists? Does social opinion play a role? I haven't seen it happen yet, and it would be nice to use that to raise sex need instead of designating for rape.

Whores only hook up with friendly pawns of other factions

I have a little suggestion regarding the colonist babies. If the baby is born between married or betrothed (fiance-fiancee) couple, then make the default family name of the baby to follow the baby's father (or mother, configurable), instead of using random family name. I believe "Children, school and learning" mod that also enables colonist pregnancy have this feature.

I think I found a bug.
Female(Zoophile) , marked for breeding, gets the negativ social thought on her fiance "allowed me to get raped" after getting bred. Shouldn't that be disabled for when the pawn is Zoophile?

But on needs gets the positive  thought bred by animal.

4 hours ago, Skömer said:

Whores only hook up with friendly pawns of other factions

Actually, they do keep other colonists satisfied for free. If they have nothing else to do, and they like the colonist enough. Though the other pawn can still refuse that. So it's a good idea to have someone (preferably a well-liked pawn) on the whorin' job, even if there's no visitors.

33 minutes ago, Uhpeots said:

I think I found a bug.
Female(Zoophile) , marked for breeding, gets the negativ social thought on her fiance "allowed me to get raped" after getting bred. Shouldn't that be disabled for when the pawn is Zoophile?

But on needs gets the positive  thought bred by animal.

Yeah, I think I see the problem. Hating the bystanders doesn't seem right considering that zoos get a mood boost from it.

...another bug that only triggers in very specific scenario. Added a fix to the next merge.

is it just me or does prisioner pregnancy always result in the enemys faction offspring ?
also i want to confirm something with insects, the chance is ~25% if there is no "queen" how exaclty does that work with hypersensitive ? currently never messed with them or spiders just wanted to know in advance

On 12/23/2018 at 9:26 PM, Deviljho-san said:

Well that's the point of the rape in the mod. I was saying how come if the male have the penis and anus. The female rapist does anal sex to the male. That's why i ask if the female does the penetrating with a strap-on or what happens in that moment?

Anal fisting?

On 12/23/2018 at 9:12 PM, Gamaroguar said:

I find it very amusing that people try to censor this mod, even the dick moderating the ludeon forums. For him is ok to torture, murder and eat people, yet talking about sex is extrictly forbidden.

Everything you can do with this mod or this game is optional, you decide to do it or not, (like the human hat crafting the dicks for moderators think is ok to do on reddit). I personally want this mod to make my pawns have deeper, more complex interactions, but many others are here to fulfill their fetishes with their pawns, and that is ok for everyone, because one in the end is who decide how to play the game.

I thank you developers of this mod for making this game even richer. And please, don't add in every fetish there is around in this thread because you will never finish xD

Certain taboos derived from the Abrahamic faiths and especially prevalent in America have created an odd culture where death is cool, but the act of creating life is filthy and harmful. Moderators are often forced to censor sexual content for a variety of reasons regardless of logic or their personal feelings on the matter. Ultimately, it's the rape though. People are really touchy about rape, nobody in a position of any financial liability (legal or otherwise) wants the SJWs anywhere near them or their product, and RJW has the reputation of being The Rape Mod, even though it's a much larger and comprehensive framework for sexuality. (Notably, Woohooer/Humanlike Life Stages/Dark Intentions were openly posted on the Workshop, and despite explicitly enabling the use of prisoners as baby factories, didn't actually use the word "rape".) There are open minded people out there though.

18 hours ago, Ed86 said:

they never had it

Alright, good to know I thought I saw them for female animals, but I guess not. I have been testing Zalty's version with animal crossbreeding and so far the bug I have been currently encountering entails the animals not breeding despite the game making attempts to. I can't say why it's happening all I can really do is guess, and I feel it might help though I don't know. Hey, I noticed there was a milking button in the coding do you guys have anything planned for that. I do believe that the naturally lactating state is from your mod right, since pregnancy is the only way for a female colonist to get it, or is it a result of the milking patch for the milkable colonists mod?

1 hour ago, DarkTeletubby said:

Certain taboos derived from the Abrahamic faiths and especially prevalent in America have created an odd culture where death is cool, but the act of creating life is filthy and harmful. Moderators are often forced to censor sexual content for a variety of reasons regardless of logic or their personal feelings on the matter. Ultimately, it's the rape though. People are really touchy about rape, nobody in a position of any financial liability (legal or otherwise) wants the SJWs anywhere near them or their product, and RJW has the reputation of being The Rape Mod, even though it's a much larger and comprehensive framework for sexuality. (Notably, Woohooer/Humanlike Life Stages/Dark Intentions were openly posted on the Workshop, and despite explicitly enabling the use of prisoners as baby factories, didn't actually use the word "rape".) There are open minded people out there though.

Despite, all the classes I had to take involving psychology and ethics I can safely say they hadn't taught me much in terms of the history of why we do the things we do when it comes to taboo. That is pretty cool to know. Still doesn't make it any less odd when you consider that sex slave is a default backstory in Rimworld and I think the backstory does imply rape. Not to mention that Rimworld is already on the SJW shitlist for a few numbers involving how a pawn picks a lover. Never the less not a problem here so as far as I'm concerned nobody should worry too much.

Don't forget that Tynan (the dev of the game) was the target of a hitpiece from Rock, Paper, Shotgun because he dared code women being pickier than men when it came to romace. Also because males were either gay or straight, while women were slightly bi no matter what their main orientation was. So it's understandable to be very careful when it comes to sexuality and such in video games, do it wrong (and there's no doing it right when it comes to those people) and they'll circlejerk about how evil you are and how nobody should support you because you're literally Hitler.

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Don't forget that Tynan (the dev of the game) was the target of a hitpiece from Rock, Paper, Shotgun because he dared code women being pickier than men when it came to romace. Also because males were either gay or straight, while women were slightly bi no matter what their main orientation was. So it's understandable to be very careful when it comes to sexuality and such in video games, do it wrong (and there's no doing it right when it comes to those people) and they'll circlejerk about how evil you are and how nobody should support you because you're literally Hitler.

No. Just... No.

There was no hit piece.

For anyone interested in reading what actually happened, untainted by the anti-SJW brigade, here is said article: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/

The most common theme of the article is how there are no bisecual men, only gay or straight, whereas female pawns could only be gay or bisexual, and how criteria for male and female romances, and the initiation thereof, were different, whereas a much simpler and fairer solution would have been to make them symmetrical.

Do note that RPShotgun has had several reviews, let's plays and patch announcements on Rimworld since then. If they really had it out for Rimworld and Tynan, that's an odd way of showing it.

It was a hit-piece because it wasn't very accurate and painted the dev in a particular way. Obligatory dictionary definition of the word: an article, a documentary, etc. that deliberately tries to make somebody/something look bad by presenting information about them that appears to be true and accurate but actually is not

I'd say the article definitely checks those boxes. Here's the response of the dev, if you're interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/

Which imo makes it pretty clear the article was very biased and not entirely accurate.

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

It was a hit-piece because it wasn't very accurate and painted the dev in a particular way. Obligatory dictionary definition of the word: an article, a documentary, etc. that deliberately tries to make somebody/something look bad by presenting information about them that appears to be true and accurate but actually is not

I'd say the article definitely checks those boxes. Here's the response of the dev, if you're interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/

Which imo makes it pretty clear the article was very biased and not entirely accurate.

Please point out, with quotes, where the article was biased and inaccurate.

And while you do that, keep this quote from the article in mind:

"Now, RimWorld is not finished. It’s a game that’s still under constant development, and so this relationship system might well continue to develop and change. On top of that, the various numbers thrown into these governing formulae might well be there because of a late night, or as placeholders, or just to try and make the systems work. In other words, there might not be any specific commentary on or interpretation of gender roles behind this, malicious or otherwise. Any game system that tries to represent or model complicated real-world scenarios necessarily has to make abstractions and sacrifices, and human relationships might be one of the most complicated things you could possibly portray. "

1 hour ago, Pantheress said:

Please point out, with quotes, where the article was biased and inaccurate.

And while you do that, keep this quote from the article in mind:

"Now, RimWorld is not finished. It’s a game that’s still under constant development, and so this relationship system might well continue to develop and change. On top of that, the various numbers thrown into these governing formulae might well be there because of a late night, or as placeholders, or just to try and make the systems work. In other words, there might not be any specific commentary on or interpretation of gender roles behind this, malicious or otherwise. Any game system that tries to represent or model complicated real-world scenarios necessarily has to make abstractions and sacrifices, and human relationships might be one of the most complicated things you could possibly portray. "

Why don't you quote the next few paragraphs that heavily trivialize this section of the article?

Spoiler

But we are not analyzing RimWorld on the basis of what it might be in the future. The question we’re asking is, “what are the stories that RimWorld is already telling?” Yes, making a game is a lot of work, and maybe these numbers were just thrown in without too much thought as to how they’d influence the game. But what kind of system is being designed, that in order to ‘just make it work’, you wind up with a system where there will never be bisexual men? Or where all women, across the board, are eight times less likely to initiate romance?

On top of that, what RimWorld doesn’t model is as important as what it does. Remember how constantly being hit on and rebuffing people doesn’t lead to a mood penalty, only a reduced opinion of the person pursuing? In daily life, the feeling of having to constantly turn people down is not a nice feeling. But these negative feelings are only reflected mechanically for those being rejected, and because of the way romance initiation is handled, you end up having to cater for the sad rejected men, rather than the women who are always having to turn away these unwanted encounters.

We could label that behaviour a bug, perhaps. But those are just the surface symptoms. Those are the easily-noticed, in-game consequences of a system whose base structure has literally encoded assumptions about how men and women operate. Now, representation is a tricky subject, and we will probably never create a perfect model of romantic behaviour.

But the problem with this model isn’t that it’s flawed. It’s that it’s flawed in a way that perfectly mirrors existing sexist expectations of romance, with such specificity that it is hard to view it as unintentional . And if it is unintentional it is on us to ask what this system is trying to show. What are the possibilities that it allows? What is RimWorld setting as the boundaries of possibility?

That's pretty dishonest and thus I don't feel particularly inclined to keep this conversation going. Have a good day.

Ok, that was........ interesting I am glad that the situation it remedied itself (or at least I hope it did), so lets go for a change of pace and let me ask, for the sake of conversation, why we are interested in the mod here (stories are good too). I personally enjoy it for adding a more sexual aspect to Rimworld. For me it helps the world feel more dynamic and alive by providing situations that further amplify the game's drama. I honestly can say that having a nympho binge on my whole aphrodisiac supply get addicted to humpshroom only to suffer withdrawal and subsequently raping a prisoner to exhaustion was interesting.

5 hours ago, weirn said:

I have been testing Zalty's version with animal crossbreeding and so far the bug I have been currently encountering entails the animals not breeding despite the game making attempts to.

If it's wild animals, that's working as intended. They don't always consent to cross-species, and might even go hostile. The latter is rare, but should be working - seen it trigger a couple of times, one instance resulted in a muffalo chasing a colonist all around the map.

28 minutes ago, Magusedge said:

So I have a thrumbo calf that has the body condition "Child Not Working" anyone know what that is about?

I assume that it means that the pawn is too young to work, since it sets Manipulation to zero. The comment for that also says '<!-- This only exists separately from BabyState to get around a bug making children drop their weapons on savegame load.-->'.

Probably unnecessary for animals, but it is removed automatically when the pawn hits the second lifestage. Which is pretty fast for most animals.

9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Why don't you quote the next few paragraphs that heavily trivialize this section of the article?

Reveal hidden contents

But we are not analyzing RimWorld on the basis of what it might be in the future. The question we’re asking is, “what are the stories that RimWorld is already telling?” Yes, making a game is a lot of work, and maybe these numbers were just thrown in without too much thought as to how they’d influence the game. But what kind of system is being designed, that in order to ‘just make it work’, you wind up with a system where there will never be bisexual men? Or where all women, across the board, are eight times less likely to initiate romance?

On top of that, what RimWorld doesn’t model is as important as what it does. Remember how constantly being hit on and rebuffing people doesn’t lead to a mood penalty, only a reduced opinion of the person pursuing? In daily life, the feeling of having to constantly turn people down is not a nice feeling. But these negative feelings are only reflected mechanically for those being rejected, and because of the way romance initiation is handled, you end up having to cater for the sad rejected men, rather than the women who are always having to turn away these unwanted encounters.

We could label that behaviour a bug, perhaps. But those are just the surface symptoms. Those are the easily-noticed, in-game consequences of a system whose base structure has literally encoded assumptions about how men and women operate. Now, representation is a tricky subject, and we will probably never create a perfect model of romantic behaviour.

But the problem with this model isn’t that it’s flawed. It’s that it’s flawed in a way that perfectly mirrors existing sexist expectations of romance, with such specificity that it is hard to view it as unintentional . And if it is unintentional it is on us to ask what this system is trying to show. What are the possibilities that it allows? What is RimWorld setting as the boundaries of possibility?

That's pretty dishonest and thus I don't feel particularly inclined to keep this conversation going. Have a good day.

A bit more of OT: Did Tynan ever change those romance numbers?

(I've seen it suggested as being the case, although it seems to be false in at least one department - psychic drone giving debuffs to female pawns 90% of the time)

I had that condition appear on a pupper once, which was odd, because I'd been breeding doggos for several in-game years at that point, and this was the first time it happened.

In the end, I took it as the pupper having been born lame, or otherwise incapable of movement, and had it put down instead of letting its suffering continue.

Hey, I've been thinking of buying Rimworld (kinda regret I didn't do it before the full release and the price increase. Doesn't look like it'll ever go on sale)

I'm just wondering a few things about this mod. Can I disable certain features? Like, the STDs, and elements of fetishes that absolutely don't appeal to me, like necrophilia and beastiality for instance?

4 minutes ago, Lamadi said:

Hey, I've been thinking of buying Rimworld (kinda regret I didn't do it before the full release and the price increase. Doesn't look like it'll ever go on sale)

I'm just wondering a few things about this mod. Can I disable certain features? Like, the STDs, and elements of fetishes that absolutely don't appeal to me, like necrophilia and beastiality for instance?

If you're a Steam User, search on the workshop, there are more family friendly pregnancy mods. Children-School and Learning is the best imo. You could still go check the Game forum, but the search system is meh. 

Btw, there are sites that sells cd keys... Just sayin'

7 hours ago, Anonymous said:

A bit more of OT: Did Tynan ever change those romance numbers?

(I've seen it suggested as being the case, although it seems to be false in at least one department - psychic drone giving debuffs to female pawns 90% of the time)

The psychic drone that gives the mood debuff always seems to affect the gender you have the most of in your colony. If you have 3 dudes and 10 women, it will affect women, if it's the other way around, it affects males. The positive one I don't know, but I do know that you'll never get a drone that affects no one in your colony, i.e. if you only have women, the positive one will never affect males.

As far as the romance goes, I have no Idea. However, Rainbeau Flambe, the guy or gal who updated the Rational Romance mod says the following on the mod's page: Fixes Some Problems in the Game's Romance-Related Code. Female pawns will now be just as likely as male pawns to initiate romance attempts or to propose marriage, subject to the cultural variations mentioned above. Gay pawns will be no less likely than straight pawns to be parents. And male and female pawns will both now prefer partners near their own age but potentially accept either younger or older partners, unlike in vanilla, where men have a strong preference for younger women and women for older men.

How exactly the numbers look like now, well. That's anyone's guess.

18 hours ago, Zaltys said:

If it's wild animals, that's working as intended. They don't always consent to cross-species, and might even go hostile. The latter is rare, but should be working - seen it trigger a couple of times, one instance resulted in a muffalo chasing a colonist all around the map.

Unfortunately it's not wild animals it happening to my colony animals. Not sure why. Both are roughly the same size my rottie pet from the Ratkin mod is .6 in size and my housekeeper cat is .8 in size. 

10 hours ago, Lamadi said:

STDs yes, necrophilia and beastiality I think both have a setting as well, but even for the most part you can set it up to prevent such things so it overall gives you a fair amount of control.

8 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

The psychic drone that gives the mood debuff always seems to affect the gender you have the most of in your colony. If you have 3 dudes and 10 women, it will affect women, if it's the other way around, it affects males. The positive one I don't know, but I do know that you'll never get a drone that affects no one in your colony, i.e. if you only have women, the positive one will never affect males.

As far as the romance goes, I have no Idea. However, Rainbeau Flambe, the guy or gal who updated the Rational Romance mod says the following on the mod's page: Fixes Some Problems in the Game's Romance-Related Code. Female pawns will now be just as likely as male pawns to initiate romance attempts or to propose marriage, subject to the cultural variations mentioned above. Gay pawns will be no less likely than straight pawns to be parents. And male and female pawns will both now prefer partners near their own age but potentially accept either younger or older partners, unlike in vanilla, where men have a strong preference for younger women and women for older men.

How exactly the numbers look like now, well. That's anyone's guess.

As far as I am aware he did change most of the numbers where there is no bisexuality and so pawns try to avoid hitting on gay pawns. Other than that I think it remained the same considering.