I'm all for options, personally. However, I think it might affect balance a bit too much - when you're doing animal husbandry in RimWorld (you really shouldn't because most animals are simply not worth it, except animals that are pack animals and can be sheared and milked, like muffalos) it takes away a lot of the downsides if you can let a colonist or any other animal impregnate a specific animal to get what animals you want. I think that human <-> animal breeding is balanced for the most part because:

- The offspring counts as children for the colonist, meaning you can't simply slaughter them, you have to deal with them and risk a mental break spiral if things go wrong

- You need a colonist with the zoophile trait OR risk severe mood penalties from letting an animal rape your colonist

Cats for example are one of the most useless animals in RimWorld, but with interspecies breeding they'd make good incubators for, let's say something like dragons.

This is also the reason why I don't like rape victims developing the masochist trait, if I understood that correctly. It takes away all of the negatives. Rape keeps the rapist and the victim happy and satisfied, but since a lot of RimWorld has to do with keeping the mood up, well. It makes things a bit too easy, imo.

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm all for options, personally. However, I think it might affect balance a bit too much - when you're doing animal husbandry in RimWorld (you really shouldn't because most animals are simply not worth it, except animals that are pack animals and can be sheared and milked, like muffalos) it takes away a lot of the downsides if you can let a colonist or any other animal impregnate a specific animal to get what animals you want. I think that human <-> animal breeding is balanced for the most part because:

- The offspring counts as children for the colonist, meaning you can't simply slaughter them, you have to deal with them and risk a mental break spiral if things go wrong

- You need a colonist with the zoophile trait OR risk severe mood penalties from letting an animal rape your colonist

Cats for example are one of the most useless animals in RimWorld, but with interspecies breeding they'd make good incubators for, let's say something like dragons.

This is also the reason why I don't like rape victims developing the masochist trait, if I understood that correctly. It takes away all of the negatives. Rape keeps the rapist and the victim happy and satisfied, but since a lot of RimWorld has to do with keeping the mood up, well. It makes things a bit too easy, imo.

Pretty much nails it. Although personally I'd still like to have the animals lovin' on each other, even if it doesn't result in pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, Scilliant said:

Pretty much nails it. Although personally I'd still like to have the animals lovin' on each other, even if it doesn't result in pregnancy. 

Yeah, that would be a nice option to have.

23 minutes ago, nugerumon said:

You make a good points, however some people like it easy ?

Yup, that's why I said I'm all for having options. Some like challenge, others just want to have a bit of fun, that's why it's imo a bad idea to make blanket changes that affect balance not optional. These were just my thoughts on the topic.

Hello there! Thank you for this great mod. I haven't been able to find anything mentioning this, but it appears that many of the races from [N17] Rimhammer 40K  have 0% fertility once they join my colony. Many of these races have ages that go beyond the max male/female fertility age so I imagine this is the reason.

Is there a way to fix this in some way? Disabling the max age or something of the sort?

42 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

Can't check, since you didn't mention which races. "Many races" is useless for debugging. Tried couple at random, and both worked fine.

Ah yes, my apologies. This is occurring with two Eldars I have recruited. One is aged 2997, the other 2807. Both of them have their fertility at 0%. I would also point out they still have their genitals haha.

13 minutes ago, crimsonwraith said:

Ah yes, my apologies. This is ocurring with two Eldars I have recruited. One is aged 2997, the other 2807. Both of them have their fertility at 0%.

Checked the mod. I'd suggest contacting its author, because Eldar have lifeExpectancy set to 2500, yet their age generation range is 1-4500. That breaks a few health-related things even in vanilla.

And the fertility scaling in this mod uses it as one factor, and with the pawns being that much older than their supposed lifespan... yeah, fertility is gonna be low.

10 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

Checked the mod. I'd suggest contacting its author, because Eldar have lifeExpectancy set to 2500, yet their age generation range is 1-4500. That breaks a few health-related things even in vanilla.

And the fertility scaling in this mod uses it as one factor, and with the pawns being that much older than their supposed lifespan... yeah, fertility is gonna be low.

I see, that does make sense. Thank you for the help. I wasn't too familiar with how fertility scaling worked. In other words, in order for it to work, the author should either reduce the age generation to below 2500, or that the lifeExpectancy value should be much higher than 4500?

3 hours ago, Deviljho-san said:

I wonder why when the person that rapes the victim pawn is always the penetration; like how does when a female rapes the make wouldn't it be change to they had vaginal sex and now anal sex? or the women somehow have a strap-on and fuck the guy in the ass?

I presume so. Rape in the mod seems to always be violent, not coercive/manipulative.

More complex non-consensual sexual encounters are probably more difficult to account for in code.

11 minutes ago, crimsonwraith said:

I see, that does make sense. Thank you for the help. I wasn't too familiar with how fertility scaling worked. In other words, in order for it to work, the author should either reduce the age generation to below 2500, or that the lifeExpectancy value should be much higher than 4500?

Either way, but latter is probably closer to what the dev intended.

It should not generate pawns that are much older than the age where they're expected to die of old age.

6 minutes ago, crimsonwraith said:

Yeah. The scaling is based on a overall decrease in fertility over a pawn's life span. It's supposed to hit zero before the pawn's natural life span is done, so if a pawn is already beyond that, they have none.

At the same time though, don't Eldar have serious fertility problems? Or am I misremembering? The author might have set that incorrectly on purpose.

14 minutes ago, DarkTeletubby said:

Yeah. The scaling is based on a overall decrease in fertility over a pawn's life span. It's supposed to hit zero before the pawn's natural life span is done, so if a pawn is already beyond that, they have none.

At the same time though, don't Eldar have serious fertility problems? Or am I misremembering? The author might have set that incorrectly on purpose.

I seem to remember something like that in the 40k lore. I'll have to ask the author and see what he meant by setting the age generation like that, or if it's just a fluke. Thanks for the help fellas

32 minutes ago, DarkTeletubby said:

Close. It hits 0% for males at 1.2x of the life span, so pawns whose lifespan has been extended with bionics and surgeries stay fertile for a couple of decades beyond their natural lifespan. Though at heavily reduced fertility, so they're unlikely to sire children at that point.

I've been thinking of adding some kind of glittertech fertility treatment to extend it infinitely. Just haven't had time for it yet.

As for Eldar having fertility problems? Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember that being a thing..

Do prisoners raped by animals gain the zoophilia trait or is it only your colonists? If not, would it be possible to have the option? A mind broken prisoner that's only for animals would presumably get this trait at some point. Maybe a low % chance or something? Thanks.

I find it very amusing that people try to censor this mod, even the dick moderating the ludeon forums. For him is ok to torture, murder and eat people, yet talking about sex is extrictly forbidden.

Everything you can do with this mod or this game is optional, you decide to do it or not, (like the human hat crafting the dicks for moderators think is ok to do on reddit). I personally want this mod to make my pawns have deeper, more complex interactions, but many others are here to fulfill their fetishes with their pawns, and that is ok for everyone, because one in the end is who decide how to play the game.

I thank you developers of this mod for making this game even richer. And please, don't add in every fetish there is around in this thread because you will never finish xD

3 hours ago, DarkTeletubby said:

I presume so. Rape in the mod seems to always be violent, not coercive/manipulative.

More complex non-consensual sexual encounters are probably more difficult to account for in code.

Well that's the point of the rape in the mod. I was saying how come if the male have the penis and anus. The female rapist does anal sex to the male. That's why i ask if the female does the penetrating with a strap-on or what happens in that moment?

On 12/21/2018 at 5:57 PM, Shalewind said:

I've been trying this as well but I was wondering how you got it functioning? The romance and hookups seem to happen correctly - but the hookup action doesn't relieve any of the Sex need. The rape and prostitution mechanics do relieve the Sex need as normal (and I think the Nympho join in bed as well) but the normal romance hook ups do not. Was this an issue with a solution (load order) or just an incompatibility that cannot be solved?

Can't really say in terms of load order as long as RJW is at the bottom of it then there shouldn't be any problems. Also, for the most part I just installed it and played the game and had no problems. Are the pawns lovers and sharing a bed? If so they should be having sex since bugs relating to pawns not having sex should be fixed. I'd imagine your mod is also up to date and if not you probably should do that. Alternatively reinstall the mod and install the newest file you download from the page just to be certain it is the latest update.

After reading through the forum to see what to expect in the new update I have to agree with everyone else that animals humping each other would be nice. Though having some features such as having it togglable or simply having a lower (adjustable) chance of it happening would be nice. A question I would have is would animals have a sex need too, and if so could that be the defining detail that helps determine an animal fulfilling its needs. I do know there is a mod that adds a water need to animals so I'd imagine it is possible though I'm not certain it would be desired or if everyone would like it. It would give wild animals a random chance to rape colonists or other animals if their need isn't fulfilled. Though if it is an idea worth adding it would be later down the line I imagine. Anyone else agree with my suggestion or have any other ideas?

also i'd like to purpose change to OP add something like:

Caution:

This is the mod intended to be used by mentally healthy population of Earth(which is very few of us left). If you think killing humans, butchering them, making cloth of their skin is "ok", but having sex related stuff is "not ok", then degenerate byproduct of modern civilization like you should vacate itself from this thread.

xD