Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

10 hours ago, Laura said:

I didn't know my mod could be played in VR. I honestly forgot Skyrim VR was a thing.

My guess is that it has to do with the player character not being able to walk by themselves. You're supposed to be on a bed there and that probably doesn't work.

Most mods that dont use any features released in versions newer then Skyrim SE V1.4.15 and SKSE 2.0.12 work fine in VR. And as long as you dont have any new keybindings in the mod then it will be a fun experience. And the mods available specificly for VR are on a completly new level of impressive (At least tech and immersion wise). While I'm talking to an NPC and don't want to skip any of their dialog I can play with my tits and use them as fidget toy. Or play with the NPCs tits if I'm close enough. They don't mind XD.

And that's what I thought as well. But it's weird that every other time in the mod when the player moves on it's own you eventually get teleported to the right location 99% of time. That's the only instance where it doesn't work at all. I guess there isn't really a way to skip to the next stage? I tried using setstage but that doesn't really work. Also is the player supposed to stand on top of the bed, lay on the bed or stand next to it? Whats supposed to happen after that? Is the guest supposed to say something?

Edited by l1nkler

To start off - great mod :) Eagerly anticipating next update for the main quest.

So in the meanwhile I do the small side quests.

I'm currently doing Seeking the Curse,

It told me to go to Cold Rock Pass -done

Then to Bard's Leap Summit for the two last chests.

Chest one- done

Chest two- no where to be seen, either on map or in the worldspace. No npc either. Laura wont let me complete quest without this last one.

Is there a console command I can use to finish it? At least just the part involving chest.

LE btw if that matters

I just wanted to say what a good mod this is - storyline, character and novel quest ideas. Such a great job bringing the characters to life and making the player care about them (moreso than anything else in Skyrim, really) and quite a few laughs where you dangle predicaments over the player and leave them unsure what's actually going to happen. I kinda want to move into the shop.

I don't know if you're interested in suggestions, but it might be cool if, after a certain point in the quest chain, you can ask to rest in the shop. Admittedly, the only spare space is in the cell but that just makes you extra safe. Laura being Laura, she should probably also insist on selecting appropriate nightwear for you. And again, Laura being Laura, she might be too busy to get you out as soon as you wake up, but it beats the clamour and cost of an inn.

1 hour ago, Xeeuq said:

I don't know if you're interested in suggestions, but it might be cool if, after a certain point in the quest chain, you can ask to rest in the shop. Admittedly, the only spare space is in the cell (...)

Had been suggested a few times, but I think Laura wants to finish the questline before doing the fiddly bits.

There are two spare beds in the upstairs room, as this is basically the Drunken Huntsman, so there actually are other possibilities than the cell. But I'm sure that you could replace that wooden door...

Edited by CaptainJ03
2 hours ago, Xeeuq said:

I don't know if you're interested in suggestions, but it might be cool if, after a certain point in the quest chain, you can ask to rest in the shop. Admittedly, the only spare space is in the cell but that just makes you extra safe.

27 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

There are two spare beds in the upstairs room, as this is basically the Drunken Huntsman, so there actually are other possibilities than the cell. But I'm sure that you could replace that wooden door...

Honestly, there are so many places and ways to do this.. provided of course, you have a creatvely wicked and evil imagination while staying true to the spirit of this mod :)

(LOL would be fun to be hogtied on Laura's bed while she sleeps.. don't you think ? and definitely much safer than in the cell  ? )

16 hours ago, bleedybleed said:

Chest two- no where to be seen, either on map or in the worldspace. No npc either. Laura wont let me complete quest without this last one.

Did you enter Lost Valley Redoubt? Summit should be inside there.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Bard's_Leap_Summit

I don't have memory if MCM had option to fix the chest but you can check. It is possible that you get dungeons added by other mods that are only unlocked after some long quest chain, or the dungeon is some debug space. All the reason for this needing a way to reset/fix quest. However your location is in vanilla so i find it odd if it bugs.

20 hours ago, bleedybleed said:

I'm currently doing Seeking the Curse,

It told me to go to Cold Rock Pass -done

Chest one- done

Chest two- no where to be seen, either on map or in the worldspace. No npc either.

as @Zaflis said, sometimes even vanilla things are hidden. I am not sure if the spectral bard, who appears when you take the jump the first time, is a possible target for being a valid NPC, as he isn't an enemy.

Sometimes delivery jobs pick a target/location that's added by mods and unavailable unless you're in a specific quest. You can quit those jobs, I don't remember if you can quit STC jobs.

22 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

and no im not the "guest" is still paralyzed in the hall i think  

Maybe you can use the 'tfc' command to check outside the room. Maybe you can see something.

22 hours ago, l1nkler said:

Most mods that dont use any features released in versions newer then Skyrim SE V1.4.15 and SKSE 2.0.12 work fine in VR. And as long as you dont have any new keybindings in the mod then it will be a fun experience. And the mods available specificly for VR are on a completly new level of impressive (At least tech and immersion wise). While I'm talking to an NPC and don't want to skip any of their dialog I can play with my tits and use them as fidget toy. Or play with the NPCs tits if I'm close enough. They don't mind XD.

I also play with my tits sometimes, but they're not really big enough. Oh wait, you were talking about VR.

22 hours ago, l1nkler said:

And that's what I thought as well. But it's weird that every other time in the mod when the player moves on it's own you eventually get teleported to the right location 99% of time. That's the only instance where it doesn't work at all. I guess there isn't really a way to skip to the next stage? I tried using setstage but that doesn't really work. Also is the player supposed to stand on top of the bed, lay on the bed or stand next to it? Whats supposed to happen after that? Is the guest supposed to say something?

It's a continues scene, I don't think you're able to skip it.

The player is supposed to be on the bed and the guest should walk in and talk to you.

20 hours ago, Xeeuq said:

I just wanted to say what a good mod this is - storyline, character and novel quest ideas. Such a great job bringing the characters to life and making the player care about them (moreso than anything else in Skyrim, really) and quite a few laughs where you dangle predicaments over the player and leave them unsure what's actually going to happen. I kinda want to move into the shop.

:blush:

20 hours ago, Xeeuq said:

I don't know if you're interested in suggestions, but it might be cool if, after a certain point in the quest chain, you can ask to rest in the shop. Admittedly, the only spare space is in the cell but that just makes you extra safe. Laura being Laura, she should probably also insist on selecting appropriate nightwear for you. And again, Laura being Laura, she might be too busy to get you out as soon as you wake up, but it beats the clamour and cost of an inn.

You're not the only one that wants that. It's on my list, but the story has priority right now.

1 hour ago, Laura said:

It's a continues scene, I don't think you're able to skip it.

The player is supposed to be on the bed and the guest should walk in and talk to you.

Okay. If you don't mind I would like to make a patch for it specifically for VR and post it on the VR compatibility thread. I also just now noticed that your mod isn't listed there.

That dream after touching the totem seems to be completely broken for me.

The first time everything seemed to run fine, until I was in the new cell upstairs. There Sloane just stood there out of reach and nobody else entered. When I noclipped out of the cell, Sloane wouldn't say anything and the man stood outside the room not saying anything either.

Reloaded to before the totem and tried again, this time the guard got stuck up the first flight of stairs. I tried going into the cell without him, which got me out of the yoke and locked the cell, but Sloane and the man stayed outside.

After the third reload, the cabbages, apples and salt in the kitchen didn't spawn, but I was able to find enough behind the counter to advance. Again the guard stopped at the top of the first flight of stairs and then didn't stop but went back down.

When I tried to reload again, the game crashed to desktop.

Started up the game and tried again. This time the kitchen table was restocked, but as soon as I was brought to the cell the other prisoner who threatens the guard was wallking around outside her cell and then walked out of the room. When the guard was supposed to go out of the room he stayed in place and after "sleeping" he remined there and didn't say or do anything.

Now I'll try to load to a save before even talking to Glemme...

Edit: And now I got to where I was the first time again, with Sloane staring me down in the upper cell. After some tcl searching I found Darius down in the cellar, where you wake woke up, walking into a wall...

Edited by NoNickNeeded
19 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Edit: And now I got to where I was the first time again, with Sloane staring me down in the upper cell. After some tcl searching I found Darius down in the cellar, where you wake woke up, walking into a wall...

I also encountered the problem of Sloane being stuck. Waiting for exactly 9 hours let the scene progress for me.

EDIT: To clarify, I used the game's Wait feature to wait for 9 hours.

Edited by Herowynne
16 hours ago, zlobmann said:

Can anybody please tell me how to skip all the quests from prevoius updates and start from quests from newest update?

I love this mod but i'm too lazy to walk it trough again?

Yes. Refer to the save you made last time right after you've finished the questline up to the point where it stopped at the last update.

Because you knew that there would be a continuation, and that you would be too lazy to play it all again.

You didn't make one? So do it this time, for the same reasons.

31 minutes ago, twsnider1138 said:

I realise it’s a relatively small thing and may be a pain to integrate but is it possible to get an import/export settings menu added to the MCM in the next update please?

You may want to check this latest release out first. Or the changenotes for it.

Edited by Taki17
On 10/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Ryutenma said:

thats just it i was able to once thnx to the game making me play with myself but other then that im animation locked in the bed 

Try disabling en enabling him again. That could be a temporary solution.

23 hours ago, l1nkler said:

Okay. If you don't mind I would like to make a patch for it specifically for VR and post it on the VR compatibility thread. I also just now noticed that your mod isn't listed there.

I don't mind.

18 hours ago, zlobmann said:

Hello everyone.

Can anybody please tell me how to skip all the quests from prevoius updates and start from quests from newest update?

I love this mod but i'm too lazy to walk it trough again?

Thnk you.

You can use these commands, first: Setstage Laura_SQ07_Quest 1000 and then: Stopquest Laura_SQ07_Quest.

13 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

That dream after touching the totem seems to be completely broken for me.

The first time everything seemed to run fine, until I was in the new cell upstairs. There Sloane just stood there out of reach and nobody else entered. When I noclipped out of the cell, Sloane wouldn't say anything and the man stood outside the room not saying anything either.

Reloaded to before the totem and tried again, this time the guard got stuck up the first flight of stairs. I tried going into the cell without him, which got me out of the yoke and locked the cell, but Sloane and the man stayed outside.

After the third reload, the cabbages, apples and salt in the kitchen didn't spawn, but I was able to find enough behind the counter to advance. Again the guard stopped at the top of the first flight of stairs and then didn't stop but went back down.

When I tried to reload again, the game crashed to desktop.

Started up the game and tried again. This time the kitchen table was restocked, but as soon as I was brought to the cell the other prisoner who threatens the guard was wallking around outside her cell and then walked out of the room. When the guard was supposed to go out of the room he stayed in place and after "sleeping" he remined there and didn't say or do anything.

Now I'll try to load to a save before even talking to Glemme...

That's really weird. The ingredients aren't spawned by a script or something, they're just there. It's a custom cell so there's no need to transform it.

I have no clue how that could even go wrong. Please post a log and your load order, maybe there's a clue in there.

11 minutes ago, Ryutenma said:

how do i do that?

Use the tfc command and when he's on your screen, open the console, click on him, type disable and then type enable.