Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

This mod will not lock you in devices for a long time without your consent. I want the shop to be a safe place for the kinky adventurer.

All sex in this mod is optional. There's no sex with your character without your consent.

LOL !!!!!!

UNLESS YOUR ARE USING DEVIOUSLY ENSLAVED HAHAHA!!!

Luv this mod now there,s a place to go for keys .

You should add dialog (no quest related to the shop is running and you are wearing restraining devices.)

(I,'ll help you if you help me)

3 minutes ago, SirJosepine said:

I've gone to the inn and spoken to the drunk guy now I have no idea what to do.

You either convince him through picking the correct dialogue options that you are not girl he's looking for, or you make him realize through post-nut clarity.

Assuming ofc you are not encountering some sort of glitch, like a conversation not firing or the girl you are searching for not being presen in one of the rooms or something.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, Anrakis said:

By far my favorite SexLab Mod. Thank you very much. I especially like that we get a little bit of background story for Kat and Laura each time the quest progresses. 

Super happy to hear that. Thank you. ❤️

On 11/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, Seeker999 said:

I am using v. 3.21SE. I just finished the Jade/Xayah quest. Is it safe to upgrade to 3.32 or is it better to wait for new game? Thank you.

It's safe to upgrade like that in LE, but I'm not sure about SE.

Try it out and let me know how it goes.

12 minutes ago, Krynn said:

does the German version still work after the updates?

A quick glance at the file list on the download page tells that the latest german version is at v3.21, whereas the main file is at v3.32 now, so the localized version is currently not up to date with the new content.

35 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

A quick glance at the file list on the download page tells that the latest german version is at v3.21, whereas the main file is at v3.32 now, so the localized version is currently not up to date with the new content.

Wow, thank you very much for the nice answer! :classic_wub:

It could have been that only bugs or similar changes to the mod were fixed and it does not affect the language or the quests,... Sorry! :classic_mellow:

Stupid of me to post a short question here, when there are so many more important!

Edited by Krynn
13 hours ago, Laura said:

It's safe to upgrade like that in LE, but I'm not sure about SE.

Try it out and let me know how it goes.

I upgraded and did a quick runthrough of the next quest, the slaver's hideout. Looks like it works, if anything comes up further along I'll be sure to post. :thumbsup:

I guess the voice packs will need to be updated - looks like you changed some dialog. Guess I'll pass that request along to the voice pack experts ?.

16 hours ago, Krynn said:

It could have been that only bugs or similar changes to the mod were fixed and it does not affect the language or the quests,... Sorry! :classic_mellow:

Stupid of me to post a short question here, when there are so many more important!

That wasn't a dumb question at all. Don't worry about it.

Update on SE after updating 3.21 -> 3.32. Will be putting most behind spoilers.
1st, a couple little things - not game or quest breaking. Kind of funny, actually.

Spoiler

Redid Slaver's hideout, all still good (no surprise there). Started to save the girls. 1st one is fine.
1    Went to Dragonsreach. Swain is now naked.
2    Went to Bannered Mare. Hulda is now naked - and the hypocrite dares to admonish me for no clothes! Clothes are not even in her inventory, but I don't think I'll try to reset her. At least not yet.
3    Dynane was working, just a little glitch the first time she came to Laura's shop. She was invisible and Laura seemed to be talking to nobody. Rest of her quest(s) progressed normally, except for really minor issue in Falkreath that was probably my fault dealing w/ another mod several saves ago.Tried talking to a guard, but he was T-posed and wouldn't answer. Had to go into console to TAI and that worked and I got LBS dialog. I only mention it on the slightest of slight chances it wasn't me (but I really think it was me). ?

Spoiler

4    Origin Laura_SQ09_Quest (btw, Embershard was tricky, tricky, tricky ?) and totem.

Spoiler

Touched totem. Black screen. Nothing. Had to reboot. Tried twice. Music the first time, no sound the second. Now trying coffeeink's patched .esp here

no help. I think that was for 3.31.
Trying again with .esp from LE version. Didn't work. Still had to reboot my computer. Put 3.32SE .esp back in place.
Tried setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 210. Journal updated, still in Dragonbridge. Then touched totem. ILS again. Crap.
What inn am I supposed to teleport to after touching the totem? Never mind.
Tried earlier save before talking to Glemme.
Companions are waiting in Four Shields Tavern. I retrieved Glemme’s sword. No summoned creatures. A Familiar Face is finished and Origin started according to journal. Opened console and sqs Laura_SQ09_Quest shows stage 200: 1. Saved game. Touched totem. Worked!!

I’m in the dream, at the inn,

Spoiler

about to cook stew.  ... talk ... kidnapped ... wake up in cell ... moved to bedroom cell ... woman (Sloane) enters bedroom ... waiting for something to happen.      Laura_SQ09_Quest shows stage 265: 1
Waited about 9 hours (not all at once). Sloane still there. Still nothing happening. Waited another 24 (consecutive) hours. Nothing.
Loaded first bedroom cage save, before Sloane enters. She enters. I wait 24 hours. I finally sit down. I wait 24 hours. I get up.
Reloaded save again. When Sloane enters, wait exactly 9 hours. Nothing. Sat down. Waited 9 more hours. Nothing. Paused SmartHarvest. Saved. Quit to desktop. Reloaded. Nope.
Reloaded Inn save, paused SmartHarvest and saved. Was kidnapped, woke up, told to sleep, told to follow guard. This time guard kept sandboxing. Finally I walked ahead to Sloane’s room and consoled guard to me. Got in cell, Sloane and Darius showed up with no waiting shenanigans. Cooked beef.

Everything went fine until last segment

Spoiler

outside mansion, near Helgen. Kat and Darius standing and looking at each other. I can dialog with them, but other than initial ‘you’ve been holding me’ line from Darius, nothing. Reloaded save from foiled escape. Don’t know if it matters, but I switched to 3rd person view. This time scene played out and I returned to Dragon Bridge. I gathered up my waiting companions, fast-traveled to Whiterun Stables and entered the shop. All went well.

I put 'A Familiar Face' and 'Origin' notes in a separate spoiler because I had some issues. I figured it out and completed the quests as far as they go, but I put all my notes - what didn't work as well as what did work - hoping it will help anybody else. I also put the different stages of the quest in mini-spoilers.

I am looking forward to future updates. Nice job! :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Elster23 said:

It says I should return to the shop, but nothing happens. 

Elaborate?

List your game version. Did you return to the shop as instructed, and if you did, what did or did not happen?

Edited by Taki17
25 minutes ago, Elster23 said:

Got stuck on the "Origin" quest.

It says I should return to the shop, but nothing happens. 

After returning to the shop, you need to read the letter on the counter

Did you read that letter?

Edited by tznvlw
49 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Elaborate?

List your game version. Did you return to the shop as instructed, and if you did, what did or did not happen?

Absolutely nothing happened, the locked door at the end of the main hall is opened now and there is a thingy on the nightstand. It's the same one that I used previously to enter the dream, but now I don't have the "activate" key.

3 minutes ago, Elster23 said:

Absolutely nothing happened, the locked door at the end of the main hall is opened now and there is a thingy on the nightstand. It's the same one that I used previously to enter the dream, but now I don't have the "activate" key.

By chance, are you playing on SSE? There are a few (yet) inexplicable errors reported specifically on the SSE version with scenes not progressing and NPCs not being where they should be. I suspect Laura and Kata are still near Helgen, where the last scene of the dream took place and game failed to port them to the shop.

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

By chance, are you playing on SSE? There are a few (yet) inexplicable errors reported specifically on the SSE version with scenes not progressing and NPCs not being where they should be. I suspect Laura and Kata are still near Helgen, where the last scene of the dream took place and game failed to port them to the shop.

You are right, they are still near Helgen. Doesn't help much with the quest tho. Let it be a bug report. 

Oldrim btw.

Edited by Elster23

I play with "Unforgiving Devices" and "Devious Mimic Clothing" and it seems that for the first quest, "A Strange Rock", after acquiring the Thotium (nice), and talking to Sona to loosen the bindings fail to affect the hobble dress, which when finally talking to Katarina to remove the set, doesn't remove the hobble dress upon completion. Is there any hope to fix this? I've isolated the issue to those two mods but I can't figure out why, I'm not much of a debugging person. Any hope for a fix?

Edited by FrighteningSpoon
Specifications
6 hours ago, FrighteningSpoon said:

I play with "Unforgiving Devices" and "Devious Mimic Clothing"

I've isolated the issue to those two mods but I can't figure out why, I'm not much of a debugging person. Any hope for a fix?

Yes: disable those mods (as well as Cursed Loot) while playing the Laura questline. You cannot expect a major mod to be compliant with evey other niche mod in Beta.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

evey other niche mod in Beta

Hey, my mod my be niche but it's definitely out of Beta! :P

7 hours ago, FrighteningSpoon said:

I play with "Unforgiving Devices" and "Devious Mimic Clothing" and it seems that for the first quest, "A Strange Rock", after acquiring the Thotium (nice), and talking to Sona to loosen the bindings fail to affect the hobble dress, which when finally talking to Katarina to remove the set, doesn't remove the hobble dress upon completion. Is there any hope to fix this? I've isolated the issue to those two mods but I can't figure out why, I'm not much of a debugging person. Any hope for a fix?

TBH, I don't know why DMC should affect the Thotium quest.

All those items are tagged as Devious Devices and as such my mod won't do anything (besides testing for validity) when they get equipped, it only triggers for normal armor.

Could you maybe activate Papyrus logging and apply a bug report with that log for the scenario and the DMC version in the DMC thread, please? Maybe it helps.

9 hours ago, FrighteningSpoon said:

So did you try reload a save when talking to Sona to loosen the dress? My assumption is you got a script lag at that moment. Laura's shop script to equip items running so fast that it caused some trouble for me before, not the Thotium quest though. 

2 mods you mention have nothing related to the quest. DMC is not affect any DD items and UD is not alter quest items yet (yet?).