Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

3 hours ago, Tockity said:

For some reason the Thotium in the first quest never actually equips me with anything. I receive it, get the dialogue box, strip, then do the Struggling against restraints animation. They're not invisible either, just missing entirely.

As you're not saying what you did and what not, some daft debugging questions:

Did you run bodyslide?

Do the items that should equip even exist in your game?

Can you equip them with either console or AddItemMenu

Is Laura's shop in LO after DDa,e,i?

Which MM do you use to bork your game?

Does this happen every time, even on a new game, or was it just this one instance of Skyrim being Skyrim?

Did you realise that my few questions are more text than your "bug report"?

It works for everyone else, so sit down on your lazy ass and do your bloody homework.

People.

11 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

As you're not saying what you did and what not, some daft debugging questions:

Did you run bodyslide?

Do the items that should equip even exist in your game?

Can you equip them with either console or AddItemMenu

Is Laura's shop in LO after DDa,e,i?

Which MM do you use to bork your game?

Does this happen every time, even on a new game, or was it just this one instance of Skyrim being Skyrim?

Did you realise that my few questions are more text than your "bug report"?

It works for everyone else, so sit down on your lazy ass and do your bloody homework.

People.

1. If bodyslide wasn't run, the meshes would not be built and would appear as invisible, but would still at least be given to the player, no?

2. No idea, as I have no idea what specific items are supposed to have been equipped, as no items were given to me. What devices I have tried between DD, DCL, and this have all worked fine though.

3. See #2

4. Yes

5. NMM Community

6. Every time. I even started a fresh game to retest in an attempt to figure this out on my own (before posting originally, while also re-downloading and re-installing the mod and rerunning bodyslide) and it happened again.

Thanks for your kind patience, it means so much to me. ?

So I'm also having the issue with the guard getting stuck in the origin quest in SE.

I finally managed to trigger the forcegreet but I'm not entirely sure how. I paused ABMM and Devious Followers, and disabled attacks in Deviously Helpless and most of the script-heavy events in DCL (particularly those that use forcegreets) then saved/reloaded before interacting with the object by the waterfall. After sleeping I also disabled the cell door to stand right next to the guard, then re-enabled the door when the forcegreet started. Hopefully this might help someone else trigger the forcegreet and progress the quest. I might have also just not done anything for a good 30-60 seconds after sleeping, I can't remember.

I kept the save but unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this yet so maybe I just got lucky, but if anyone experiencing this issue has any of the same mods or wants to try this out maybe we can figure out what the conflict is.

Edited by asdj1239
On 10/20/2021 at 3:01 AM, Laura said:

I don't think there is a way to force the scene forward. Sorry.

I still don't know what's causing the SSE issues. I installed SSE myself and it worked fine. So I think it's either perfomance issue or mod conflict related.

Are you using Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations?

I wasn't, so I installed it and it didn't change the behavior.   I am not really seeing any script lag when entering the shop -- it show 80 latency for the most part.  It almost feels like a trigger isn't being hit.  I tried moving the character around using the setpos command and that didn't seem to do anything either.  Enableplayercontrols also doesn't work.

No worries, when AE comes out I will probably go back to LE for a bit and see what happens there.  Legacy of the Dragonborn has a better SE version than the LE version, which is mostly why I was on SE.  LE still has better mods overall, so it is a bit of a grab for which version to use.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:47 AM, tznvlw said:

So it is best to check whether there is a module conflict through the xEdit, and script conflicts between mods, and script overload

It is hard to imagine there could be that many conflicts between this mod and other ones.  But in SSEdit, I see 9 conflicts -- all just minor conflicts.  The most significant is between this mod and Babo Dialogue in the Nightgate Inn Cellar.

5 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

It is hard to imagine there could be that many conflicts between this mod and other ones.  But in SSEdit, I see 9 conflicts -- all just minor conflicts.  The most significant is between this mod and Babo Dialogue in the Nightgate Inn Cellar.

And what exactly about them conflicts? If two mods affect the same area somehow, but one places a custom NPC while the other adjusts a light that was there in vanilla, the cell record is still going to show up as conflicting (if some of the base records for the cell, like its weather are different), and in that case the one lower in the load order is going the win the conflict. More often than not, it's usually a case of the mod (not) forwarding fixes from USLEEP or being compatible with interior lighting mods.

Edited by Taki17
9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

And what exactly about them conflicts? If two mods affect the same area somehow, but one places a custom NPC while the other adjusts a light that was there in vanilla, the cell record is still going to show up as conflicting (if some of the base records for the cell, like its weather are different), and in that case the one lower in the load order is going the win the conflict. More often than not, it's usually a case of the mod (not) forwarding fixes from USLEEP or being compatible with interior lighting mods.

By minor conflicts, they are mostly with update.esm/RLO/USSEP and deal with fog clip distance and the position of a tree branch.  The Nightgate Inn conflict is a mod drops the name "Cellar" for the location name.  They seem to be fairly trivial conflicts to me.  The scene still stalls even when this mod wins all conflicts.  MO2 is fairly good at seeing install order conflicts except for scripts packed into BSAs (which I had to troubleshoot recently with Moonlight Tales).

The scene in question takes place in a cell that is unique to this mod with actors that are unique to this mod which is why I find it hard to imagine it would be a mod conflict per se

I am also running Bug Fixes SSE, SSE Engine Fixes, and Animation Crash Limit Fix.  With LE I usually run an ENB because of the stability it provides to the game, but with SSE the ENBs just seem to cause frame loss without a stability increase.  I am using UUNP with physics, because CBBE with physics just trashes frame rate even in cells where the actor is alone. (And I will fully admit that the CBBE with physics issue could just be a configuration issue).

Hello, the mod is fantastic and I am having a lot fun, however, I am stuck in the quest "a familiar face", I don't know how to get out of the cell, can somebody help me ? What am I supposed to do ? I don't understand. thank you in advance for your help. 

10 hours ago, DevilGod05 said:

Hey, I'm having an issue with devices not equipping when it's suppose to. I tested other mods that force equip DD on the player and they all seem to work fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Check that your DD version is 5.1. If you update from 4.2 then you may need to start a new game.

7 hours ago, biboo said:

Hello, the mod is fantastic and I am having a lot fun, however, I am stuck in the quest "a familiar face", I don't know how to get out of the cell, can somebody help me ? What am I supposed to do ? I don't understand. thank you in advance for your help. 

That is a riddle, and an easy one too. Look at the things you find and are able to interact with, and use your brain (That's the pink, squishy thingy inside your head)

5 hours ago, circuit said:

So, I started the "On the Clock" quest, used a spell to teleport directly to the place it needed to be delivered too... and got yelled at for being late?
I think there might be a bug of some sort with its time setting/checking.

Did you check the timescale of your teleport spell? I don't know how magic works, but if you're sent to Oblivion and kept in hiatus until one of them demons have time to place you...

The timescale is tight for a runner, I'm using a timescale fix for fast travel so that works for me, too. But maybe there's an internal, hidden check against cheaters, and if you're too early. you're too late. ?

On 10/21/2021 at 9:39 AM, qawsedrftg765 said:

I Had already tried that a few times, tried kill/resurrect, tried placing a copy of the actor; nothing.

If disable and enable doesn't work, I don't know what will. It should work.

Does this bug happen everytime?

On 10/22/2021 at 4:23 AM, asdj1239 said:

So I'm also having the issue with the guard getting stuck in the origin quest in SE.

I finally managed to trigger the forcegreet but I'm not entirely sure how. I paused ABMM and Devious Followers, and disabled attacks in Deviously Helpless and most of the script-heavy events in DCL (particularly those that use forcegreets) then saved/reloaded before interacting with the object by the waterfall. After sleeping I also disabled the cell door to stand right next to the guard, then re-enabled the door when the forcegreet started. Hopefully this might help someone else trigger the forcegreet and progress the quest. I might have also just not done anything for a good 30-60 seconds after sleeping, I can't remember.

I kept the save but unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this yet so maybe I just got lucky, but if anyone experiencing this issue has any of the same mods or wants to try this out maybe we can figure out what the conflict is.

It's such a weird problem. I tested it myself and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. So the SSE port isn't inherently flawed. I'm so annoyed that we haven't figured this one out.

8 hours ago, circuit said:

So, I started the "On the Clock" quest, used a spell to teleport directly to the place it needed to be delivered too... and got yelled at for being late?
I think there might be a bug of some sort with its time setting/checking.

The timer's are set to be a guarenteed fail when you fast travel. Fast travel takes more ingame time than walking there.

So I think that spell you're using works a bit like fast travel.

3 hours ago, Alenin said:

Will the newest version work with devious devices 4.3 or is 5.1 a hard requirement?  I have older files that need 4.3 to run so I can't update.

The changelog for v3.30 sais: "LBS now requires the latest version of Devious Devices and Contraptions!"

But DD5 is backwards compatible, so the most things should still run, even with older mods. If you look at those mods' requirements, they usually say DD4 or newer, so you should be okay.

Really nice update (as always ^^). I liked the new quests very much.  Big thx!

But i have a short question. Am i the only one where the Black Ebonite Catsuit you buy from Laura is bugged?
Everytime i equip the black ebonite catsuit it only plays the belted animation (for sex and masturbation). When i unequip it, it plays the other animations fine again.
All other catsuits seem to work fine (other colors from Laura and all colors from the Dollmaker). Its only the Black Ebonite Catsuit you buy from Laura :/.

DD, DCL and LBS are all up-to-date. I made a new save after the update.

Am I the only one with this problem? :(

Edit: Maybe it gets somehow classified as Chastity-Belt? (if its not just my Game ?)

Edit 2: Ok, it might be a problem with my DD. ? Ive tried other catsuits (from DD) again and now there is the same problem.

Edited by BloodWolfBleacher
16 hours ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

But i have a short question. Am i the only one where the Black Ebonite Catsuit you buy from Laura is bugged?

It's likely an item directly from DD, but it's not a bug. Several catsuits in DD don't have holes in them. Right now in dev thread Kimy was pondering if she should add an optional unlockable zipper in the item's UI, similarly to how you remove plug from some gags.

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

It's likely an item directly from DD, but it's not a bug. Several catsuits in DD don't have holes in them. Right now in dev thread Kimy was pondering if she should add an optional unlockable zipper in the item's UI, similarly to how you remove plug from some gags.

Ah ok, well...that makes sense. I didnt think of that ?.

Thx for pointing out ?