Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

OK im back after some testing concerning the issue i had with the SSE version and i atleast know its not a proplem with my LL mods but im wondering is there a way to completely skip (Blending in) couse as it stands the quest starts when you enter the cave so i can just end it because then id be left with chain that i cant take off?

@Laura so i finally got it to get past the point of them first walking in during the Origin quest now im just stuck in the bad after being told to get dressed soon   

Spoiler

im also stuck in the bed at this point i cant get up or move or anything

Edited by Ryutenma
6 hours ago, BreadDain said:

3.30 and 3.32 were tested actually, with the same issue in both. I assume that big update got this issue that carried through bugfixes, or SE port is somehow broken. Version that was working fine for me is 3.21. Most importantly, it was the only change I did to my client, upgrading the only mod.

Prior bug, stage 160:

Reveal hidden contents

Holden tells to go in the cage, stage 190:

Reveal hidden contents

When bug is reproduced, stage 190:

Reveal hidden contents

Laura_BI_CheckGlob is always xx1358ac

Side note: quest sub-stage also seem to be firing since when I enter the cage, girls move in line before the next stage, as expected (was it stage 191 or 199?)
Another side note: walking might be working fine since it worked perfectly during What She Deserves, and quest had no issues. Somehow I feel it is something with the cage itself, or Holden not 'recognizing' it properly.

That's the ID for the glob. Please use: GetGlobalValue Laura_BI_CheckGlob. It can 0 or 1. It should 1 after you walk in.

4 hours ago, kapibar said:

So...

If I try to talk to Laura just after the scene with Sloane - the dialogue goes as it supposed to, but the quest does not start. What I had to do was leave the shop just after the scene, without initiating dialogue with Laura, then come back and talk to her. And *magic* the quest starts.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. My brain isn't really working right now.

So you try to start it, but it doesn't work. And it then only works after you leave and it starts right after you walk back in?

Either way, please share a papyrus log. There's maybe a clue in there.

3 hours ago, Alpha719 said:

I finally got the origin quest to complete itself I don’t know what I did but I made saves just before key parts during the quest and eventually everything worked out great that was a great storyline and I can’t wait until the next part keep up the good work!

Glad it works now. Thank you. :blush:

2 hours ago, TheDanishMuggle said:

OK im back after some testing concerning the issue i had with the SSE version and i atleast know its not a proplem with my LL mods but im wondering is there a way to completely skip (Blending in) couse as it stands the quest starts when you enter the cave so i can just end it because then id be left with chain that i cant take off?

You don't need to start it to skip it. Use these commands: SetStage Laura_BI_Quest 400 and then: StopQuest Laura_BI_Quest. You should then be able to play the quest after that.

29 minutes ago, Ryutenma said:

@Laura so i finally got it to get past the point of them first walking in during the Origin quest now im just stuck in the bad after being told to get dressed soon   

Reveal hidden contents

You can't say nothing happens in your game. After she told you that, did she walk away?

1 hour ago, Laura said:

GetGlobalValue Laura_BI_CheckGlob. It can 0

Set to 0 when asked to enter the cage, then it becomes 1 and stays like that, even after problem is reproduced.
Also I should probably tell you, that by "locked controls" I mean that I only cannot move nor rotate character in first person. NPCs and gates are interactable, inventory can be accessed. Closing and locking gates with a console command doesn't help.

Edited by BreadDain
6 hours ago, Laura said:

You can't say nothing happens in your game. After she told you that, did she walk away?

yes she did left the cell door open but i was unable to get out of the bed i hit E would get up then the animation would instantly make me lay back down 

I see that others are stuck on the "Origin" quest as well,  I'm playing the LE and when I get put in the yoke and told to follow the guard he just stands there.  No dialog or anything,  I ran around and found the new cage and when I get in the "follow the guard" completes but then nothing happens.   I ended up command consoling the door unlocked and find sloane right outside the door to the room but she won't move from that spot at all and no one has any dialog except generic phrases.  Is there a way to fix this?  I really wanna continue with the mod.   Thanks for any advice in advance.

@Laura

Love your mod, quick bug report in the origin quest:

Spoiler

Once you get glammae her sword, and she will then walk over to the stone tablet to send you into her dream, sometimes the ai pathfinding wants Glammae to walk into the river next to the water wheel to get to the tablet. If she does, then the current is too strong and she just gets stuck in one place trying to move but cant, therefore unable to lead you to the tablet. The fix i used was to actually use my character to block her access to the river, so she ends up going the right way. Maybe you could think about moving the tablet away from the river so this doesnt have a chance of happening?

Up to you, love the mod and eagerly await the main quest continuation. ??

13 hours ago, Laura said:

That's the ID for the glob. Please use: GetGlobalValue Laura_BI_CheckGlob. It can 0 or 1. It should 1 after you walk in.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. My brain isn't really working right now.

So you try to start it, but it doesn't work. And it then only works after you leave and it starts right after you walk back in?

Either way, please share a papyrus log. There's maybe a clue in there.

Glad it works now. Thank you. :blush:

You don't need to start it to skip it. Use these commands: SetStage Laura_BI_Quest 400 and then: StopQuest Laura_BI_Quest. You should then be able to play the quest after that.

Alright, if your brain malfunctions, I'll try to simplify :).

Scene with Sloane ends -> go to Laura -> ask for the quest -> dialogue -> quest is not given
Scene with Sloane ends -> leave the shop -> enter the shop -> go to Laura -> ask for the quest -> dialogue -> quest is given

As for the Papyrus log - I highly doubt I'll have the time to do it this week, sorry.

15 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Set to 0 when asked to enter the cage, then it becomes 1 and stays like that, even after problem is reproduced.
Also I should probably tell you, that by "locked controls" I mean that I only cannot move nor rotate character in first person. NPCs and gates are interactable, inventory can be accessed. Closing and locking gates with a console command doesn't help.

Okay, so it's not the global not changing. It has to be something else.

We still don't know what it is. There seems to be an issue with pathing, mostly in SSE. I installed SSE myself and tested it, but it worked fine for me. So we're now looking at either a mod conflict or perfomance issues.

Please share your loadorder.

11 hours ago, Archionus said:

Don't know what this is, but i thought i'd might report it to you.image.png.42ea3e5ddfaab9cc68fff570a4c8d3fc.png

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it.

10 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

yes she did left the cell door open but i was unable to get out of the bed i hit E would get up then the animation would instantly make me lay back down 

I probably asked this already, but does this also happen in a new game?

5 hours ago, JennyJ said:

I see that others are stuck on the "Origin" quest as well,  I'm playing the LE and when I get put in the yoke and told to follow the guard he just stands there.  No dialog or anything,  I ran around and found the new cage and when I get in the "follow the guard" completes but then nothing happens.   I ended up command consoling the door unlocked and find sloane right outside the door to the room but she won't move from that spot at all and no one has any dialog except generic phrases.  Is there a way to fix this?  I really wanna continue with the mod.   Thanks for any advice in advance.

Are you using an old save? One that has seen a lot of mods come and go.

Also, please post the papyrus log.

4 hours ago, svandalbear said:

@Laura

Love your mod, quick bug report in the origin quest:

Reveal hidden contents

Up to you, love the mod and eagerly await the main quest continuation. ??

I haven't heard that one before. Didn't come up during testing or anything. What the hell is going on with Skyrim's pathing?

3 hours ago, kapibar said:

Alright, if your brain malfunctions, I'll try to simplify :).

Scene with Sloane ends -> go to Laura -> ask for the quest -> dialogue -> quest is not given
Scene with Sloane ends -> leave the shop -> enter the shop -> go to Laura -> ask for the quest -> dialogue -> quest is given

As for the Papyrus log - I highly doubt I'll have the time to do it this week, sorry.

Thank you, my dumb brain understands it now. :P

4 hours ago, Laura said:

Okay, so it's not the global not changing. It has to be something else.

We still don't know what it is. There seems to be an issue with pathing, mostly in SSE. I installed SSE myself and tested it, but it worked fine for me. So we're now looking at either a mod conflict or perfomance issues.

Please share your loadorder.

I've taken the initiative to hunt down the mod conflict (binary search it is). Took a while, I've narrowed down the issue to Nether's Follower Framework 2.7.9 and Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations 1.1alpha. I am 100% positive that's one of those mods because disabling both of them makes the cage work. Don't have any more time today, I hope that this information can be useful for debugging. Or maybe someone else can tell which exact mod's fault it is, based on this discovery.
Think it is redundant, but still here is the minimum modlist that starts causing issues. https://modwat.ch/u/BreadDain/modlist

Edited by BreadDain

I'm stuck in the origin quest on stage 280 on V3.32.

But first a disclaimer: I'm playing this in VR (so I'm using the SSE version of the mod) and so far I had no issues with the mod. Except for all the parts where your character moves on his own to a preset location. The player just stands still with the walk animation playing and after a few seconds they get teleported to the desired location. Not ideal but it works.

Now my issue is when the mistress (sorry am horrible with remembering names) tells you to put on something nice for the guest your supposed to be entertaining the player stands still next to the bed and the wardrobe. But the walk animation is playing so I assume the move to function is happening described in the disclaimer. Then what I assume is the guest comes to me to my cell and nothing happens afterwards. Except that the walk animation is playing. At some point it stops and I can interact with the guest but I only see dialog options added by other mods (SLEN and Cursed Loot).

I tried reloding to a couplpe earlier saves but the problem persists. The provided log is from a save file made right before you sleep to get to that point of the quest.

Also the quard issue in that quest isn't fixed. At least not reliably. He stopped walking right after the first set of stairs and for some reason looked to be very interested in the bench. But restarting skyrim fixed that issue for me.

I would love it if this can be fixed cause I love the story so far. Definitly when I saw the "traveler" at the start of the quest. Is that who I think it is?

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, l1nkler said:

I would love it if this can be fixed cause I love the story so far.

One thing to note is that DD5's device hider is known to cause issues. For example Rubber Prison mod does not work if that is enabled in MCM. Anyway it came to mind seeing you log:

[10/13/2021 - 09:44:48PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Item 1 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Item 1 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5

Are you sure you actually have DD5 and no trace of DD4 parts remains? Wasn't PAHE a script heavy mod? When i played Laura's quest i didn't even have Cursed Loot installed, keep to small setup for best experience. A lot of people have finished the new questline on both LE and SE.

14 hours ago, Laura said:

Thank you, my dumb brain understands it now. :P

OMG Laura, you definitely do NOT have a dumb brain. ?  You have one of the greatest mods here. YOU. You made this. 

All that's happening is there are some bugs, which happens to all mods and even to Skyrim itself! It's a new version you just released. It's only natural to see some bugs happening. Honestly I'd be puzzled if there were no bugs happening. We all know some of these aren't even caused by LBS, it's other mods or Skyrim. The fact that you and others are working on all these bug reports (and replying to them all) is more help than a lot of mods on here. 

Keep your head held high Laura. This is a great piece of work for you to be very proud of! 

You have fans all over the entire planet now! 

I've ran through the last iteration of checking what mod causes the cage issue, and although it was logically obvious, it is Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations that causes that. I can probably contact the mod author on LL discord and ask what do they think about that and if they can think of the fix.

14 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

I've ran through the last iteration of checking what mod causes the cage issue, and although it was logically obvious, it is Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations that causes that. I can probably contact the mod author on LL discord and ask what do they think about that and if they can think of the fix.

LL discord is a joke when it comes to getting help btw i have had 90% more ppl  laugh instead of helping so just a heads up but you might have better luck then i did

Edited by Ryutenma
5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

One thing to note is that DD5's device hider is known to cause issues. For example Rubber Prison mod does not work if that is enabled in MCM. Anyway it came to mind seeing you log:

Are you sure you actually have DD5 and no trace of DD4 parts remains? Wasn't PAHE a script heavy mod? When i played Laura's quest i didn't even have Cursed Loot installed, keep to small setup for best experience. A lot of people have finished the new questline on both LE and SE.

I'm gonna disable the device hider and see what it does. And yes it's DD5 as it's a complete fresh install made last month. Dont know if PAHE is script heavy or not but it always played nice with the other mods and I have cursed loot installed mainly for the quests and the defeat mechanic as it's the only one that actually works for my setup.

One thing to note is that because I'm on Skyrim VR I'm also using an outdated version SKSE and the game is on version 1.4 instead of 1.5. So some mods don't work at all and that may also be a cause for my issues but I would assume that it would show up in the logs. And honestly the only mods that I found that didn't work at all because of that are death alternative and furniture sex framework. Although the latter was eassily fixed with a patch because it was only one function that wasn't available.

19 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

this is on a completely fresh new game 

Are you using Vanilla Script Optimizations?

18 hours ago, Thornagar said:

My game is crashing at the launch of the game with the newest version :( ah wait......wrong DD still using the 4.x ones maybe I should start thinking about updating since most mods have moved past it.

Not updating can cause a lot of issues. The mods are expecting a different version. Update your mods and you should be fine.

16 hours ago, kapibar said:

Ah, don't sell yourself so short. Your "dumb brain" has beautiful imagination and houses enough skill to make said imagination a reality.

❤️

15 hours ago, BreadDain said:

I've taken the initiative to hunt down the mod conflict (binary search it is). Took a while, I've narrowed down the issue to Nether's Follower Framework 2.7.9 and Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations 1.1alpha. I am 100% positive that's one of those mods because disabling both of them makes the cage work. Don't have any more time today, I hope that this information can be useful for debugging. Or maybe someone else can tell which exact mod's fault it is, based on this discovery.
Think it is redundant, but still here is the minimum modlist that starts causing issues. https://modwat.ch/u/BreadDain/modlist

16 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

Thank you so much. This could be huge.

10 hours ago, l1nkler said:

I'm stuck in the origin quest on stage 280 on V3.32.

But first a disclaimer: I'm playing this in VR (so I'm using the SSE version of the mod) and so far I had no issues with the mod. Except for all the parts where your character moves on his own to a preset location. The player just stands still with the walk animation playing and after a few seconds they get teleported to the desired location. Not ideal but it works.

Now my issue is when the mistress (sorry am horrible with remembering names) tells you to put on something nice for the guest your supposed to be entertaining the player stands still next to the bed and the wardrobe. But the walk animation is playing so I assume the move to function is happening described in the disclaimer. Then what I assume is the guest comes to me to my cell and nothing happens afterwards. Except that the walk animation is playing. At some point it stops and I can interact with the guest but I only see dialog options added by other mods (SLEN and Cursed Loot).

I tried reloding to a couplpe earlier saves but the problem persists. The provided log is from a save file made right before you sleep to get to that point of the quest.

Also the quard issue in that quest isn't fixed. At least not reliably. He stopped walking right after the first set of stairs and for some reason looked to be very interested in the bench. But restarting skyrim fixed that issue for me.

I would love it if this can be fixed cause I love the story so far. Definitly when I saw the "traveler" at the start of the quest. Is that who I think it is?

Papyrus.0.log 362.87 kB · 1 download

I didn't know my mod could be played in VR. I honestly forgot Skyrim VR was a thing.

My guess is that it has to do with the player character not being able to walk by themselves. You're supposed to be on a bed there and that probably doesn't work.

5 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

OMG Laura, you definitely do NOT have a dumb brain. ?  You have one of the greatest mods here. YOU. You made this. 

All that's happening is there are some bugs, which happens to all mods and even to Skyrim itself! It's a new version you just released. It's only natural to see some bugs happening. Honestly I'd be puzzled if there were no bugs happening. We all know some of these aren't even caused by LBS, it's other mods or Skyrim. The fact that you and others are working on all these bug reports (and replying to them all) is more help than a lot of mods on here. 

Keep your head held high Laura. This is a great piece of work for you to be very proud of! 

You have fans all over the entire planet now!

Thank you so much. This made me cry a little. Thank you. ❤️

1 hour ago, Ryutenma said:

LL discord is a joke when it comes to getting help btw i have had 90% more ppl  laugh instead of helping so just a heads up but you might have better luck then i did

Actually I am the one who spend a lot of time helping people there with their issues on modding-support channel, so... you are basically insulting me and my efforts ?

44 minutes ago, Laura said:

Thank you so much. This could be huge.

You are welcome, I am too attached to the mod to be careless about it. Sorry for initial confusion from misinformation, and also thank you for the content and keep up the good work!

Edited by BreadDain
58 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

Actually I am the one who spend a lot of time helping people there with their issues on modding-support channel, so... you are basically insulting me and my efforts ?

You are welcome, I am too attached to the mod to be careless about it. Sorry for initial confusion from misinformation, and also thank you for the content and keep up the good work!

sorry not trying to that is just my experience so maybe im on a different LL discord then