Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

13 hours ago, Laura said:

Bussiness is booming. :P

I just realized, I sell restraints without telling the player they need a key to get out. And I also sell those keys. So I give them something, wait for them to get stuck, and then sell then the solution. That's kinda nasty.

Id say Laura is the nicest one, i havent been to the captured dreams shop yet and ive only talked to Elvira once but i doubt the captured dreams sell keys.

Elvira doesnt and the dollmaker certainly dont.

the dollmaker for sure is the nastiest and most evil one of all.  Elvira atleast seems nice and while she does force the player to wear certain stuff while doing some errands(from what she tells me) she will unlock the player after its done... i think

I cant imagine captured dreams is as nasty as the dollmaker who forces you on long dangerous runs in tight restraints.

I have to say the looks on the shop keepers is pretty bad, they look super ugly especially since i have JH skyrim people xD

Its a very big contrast going into either laura or Elvira and seing their ugly skyrim faces. Elvira does have KS hair but her face looks really ugly even by skyrim standards. Lauras face is "default skyrim female" and it doesnt look good wich is bethesdas fault.

The dollmaker has custom hair wich looks beautifull and her face is custom made too while it looks pretty decent, it would be awesome if i could "remake" their faces using ECE wich i know is possible.

EDIT: so far Laura has the best quest, i havent tried the update, dont know if it adds anything new to the non radiant one but it was always a great quest.

The chloe quest is tedious as hell and really boring but the reward for completing all that...man that reward is beyond amazing. I dont know if youve tried it but aftyer completion you get access to a really special place wich i wont spoil. But Kimy did a really great job making all of that worth it.

But the quest itself is really annoying and boring. I did sell the dollmaker to laura though so now she has a playmate she can play with.

Lauras quest is by far my favorite. It has a stoyr, a really good one too.

Ill have to try Elvira and explore CD later.

Did you ever play CD before he took it down?

Edited by pappana
16 hours ago, Laura said:

I just realized, I sell restraints without telling the player they need a key to get out. And I also sell those keys. So I give them something, wait for them to get stuck, and then sell then the solution. That's kinda nasty.

Don't be silly.

Master did a similar thing. She would send me on a delivery and then 'called' the bandits to wait for me at the destination. How else can you explain how those guys knew exactly which town I had my delivery every time? :classic_tongue: 

Your competition, a pink shop no less, also employs these kind of shroud business practices.

Get this, Elvira hires me to get some materials for her, leather strips, red color dye, you know the bare necessities. Simple enough job, right? Well, not quite. After I ran all around Skyrim to collect the stuff and get back into the shop, someone knocks me out as I enter, and steals the package. There are only two people in the shop, Elvira and her guard. Then, Elvira has the audacity to ask me where the package is.

She is like "Someone knocked you out while in my shop? Nooo, you don't say! Hmm, you know this unremovable DD will look great on you."

I'm like "... :classic_blush: ... umm, I don't think so... well, if you insist... ❤️❤️❤️:classic_tongue:."

After she finishes making everything real tight, she is like "The package you 'lost' was very expensive I'll add 750g to your CC (for leather strips??). By the way, you can only pay it back by doing more fetching jobs for me". :classic_wink:

The next delivery the same thing happened, she had her guard knock me out and steal the package, resulting in more debt and more importantly, unremovable devices. :classic_blush::classic_tongue: 

Needless to say, it took me a long while to pay her back. 

BTW: Your mod (Ver. No. 3.31) worked flawlessly on my LE.  

PS: Don't tell @naaitsab what I said about the pink shop. :classic_ph34r: Hopefully, Elvira will get some pink elbowbinders in the next shipment.  :classic_tongue:

Hi, i just wanted to briefly report that I didn't notice any bugs when I played it through again.
I thought the quests couldn't get better but actually they got even better,
by far the best quest i have played in skyrim (maybe at all),
the new quests turned out really well and I can't wait to see how it goes on. 
The only problem I had was with the "Realistic Needs and Diseases" mod,
I just gave myself the dishes with the console so no big problem.

(LE v3.32)

3 hours ago, Inte said:

Don't be silly.

Master did a similar thing. She would send me on a delivery and then 'called' the bandits to wait for me at the destination. How else can you explain how those guys knew exactly which town I had my delivery every time? :classic_tongue: 

Your competition, a pink shop no less, also employs these kind of shroud business practices.

Get this, Elvira hires me to get some materials for her, leather strips, red color dye, you know the bare necessities. Simple enough job, right? Well, not quite. After I ran all around Skyrim to collect the stuff and get back into the shop, someone knocks me out as I enter, and steals the package. There are only two people in the shop, Elvira and her guard. Then, Elvira has the audacity to ask me where the package is.

She is like "Someone knocked you out while in my shop? Nooo, you don't say! Hmm, you know this unremovable DD will look great on you."

I'm like "... :classic_blush: ... umm, I don't think so... well, if you insist... ❤️❤️❤️:classic_tongue:."

After she finishes making everything real tight, she is like "The package you 'lost' was very expensive I'll add 750g to your CC (for leather strips??). By the way, you can only pay it back by doing more fetching jobs for me". :classic_wink:

The next delivery the same thing happened, she had her guard knock me out and steal the package, resulting in more debt and more importantly, unremovable devices. :classic_blush::classic_tongue: 

Needless to say, it took me a long while to pay her back. 

BTW: Your mod (Ver. No. 3.31) worked flawlessly on my LE.  

PS: Don't tell @naaitsab what I said about the pink shop. :classic_ph34r: Hopefully, Elvira will get some pink elbowbinders in the next shipment.  :classic_tongue:

One has to be devious to keep their customers locked into their produce. Elvira might have taking that line from business school a bit too literally :P

21 hours ago, Laura said:

? Isn't that what we call a perfect business pattern?

(especially, if the destructible-key option is ticked by default)

13 hours ago, philyb said:

I still can't progress after I give Ranar the food in Origin....So strange - I don't know if this is a typo but it says "Time to serve Horik some food" in the description too. I have a large modlist but is there any way to force the next stage?

I changed his name but forgot to change the stage description. Oops.

Use the command: Getstage Laura_SQ09_Quest. And let me know what it says. It should be at 230.

11 hours ago, Xenoramos said:

A bit late respond, but I wanna say it anyway, considering "seeking a curse" repeatable quest - I did play it a lot on earlier versions of mod (before latest major update), had no issues back then. And on recent playthrough - I did it few times, just didn't get task to go to Dragonsreach, but I played Skyrim not much lately, so that quest was done like 2-3 times I think. That's why I didn't encounter recent issue with odd quest stage.

p.s. I love this repeatable quest as well, love it have some different random spots so it's replayability is very high IMO =^_^=

I'm super happy to hear that. I spent a long time on STC because I love them too.

9 hours ago, pappana said:

Id say Laura is the nicest one, i havent been to the captured dreams shop yet and ive only talked to Elvira once but i doubt the captured dreams sell keys.

Elvira doesnt and the dollmaker certainly dont.

the dollmaker for sure is the nastiest and most evil one of all.  Elvira atleast seems nice and while she does force the player to wear certain stuff while doing some errands(from what she tells me) she will unlock the player after its done... i think

I cant imagine captured dreams is as nasty as the dollmaker who forces you on long dangerous runs in tight restraints.

I have to say the looks on the shop keepers is pretty bad, they look super ugly especially since i have JH skyrim people xD

Its a very big contrast going into either laura or Elvira and seing their ugly skyrim faces. Elvira does have KS hair but her face looks really ugly even by skyrim standards. Lauras face is "default skyrim female" and it doesnt look good wich is bethesdas fault.

The dollmaker has custom hair wich looks beautifull and her face is custom made too while it looks pretty decent, it would be awesome if i could "remake" their faces using ECE wich i know is possible.

EDIT: so far Laura has the best quest, i havent tried the update, dont know if it adds anything new to the non radiant one but it was always a great quest.

The chloe quest is tedious as hell and really boring but the reward for completing all that...man that reward is beyond amazing. I dont know if youve tried it but aftyer completion you get access to a really special place wich i wont spoil. But Kimy did a really great job making all of that worth it.

But the quest itself is really annoying and boring. I did sell the dollmaker to laura though so now she has a playmate she can play with.

Lauras quest is by far my favorite. It has a stoyr, a really good one too.

Ill have to try Elvira and explore CD later.

Did you ever play CD before he took it down?

CDS' master locked you in restraints just because you're submissive. She was kinda nasty. Not sure she was as nasty as the dollmaker though.

I used to play a lot of CDS. I was addicted to the repeatable quests. I was even one of Vel's testers back then. I learned a lot from him. That's why CDS is referenced in some of the dialogue.

5 hours ago, Xerxes_40 said:
Hi, i just wanted to briefly report that I didn't notice any bugs when I played it through again.
I thought the quests couldn't get better but actually they got even better,
by far the best quest i have played in skyrim (maybe at all),
the new quests turned out really well and I can't wait to see how it goes on. 
The only problem I had was with the "Realistic Needs and Diseases" mod,
I just gave myself the dishes with the console so no big problem.

(LE v3.32)

Thank you so much. :blush:

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

One has to be devious to keep their customers locked into their produce. Elvira might have taking that line from business school a bit too literally :P

Elvira may go a bit too far, but it works. :P

1 hour ago, worik said:

? Isn't that what we call a perfect business pattern?

(especially, if the destructible-key option is ticked by default)

Can't say it's not effective. :D

On 10/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, Zaflis said:

You can confirm from file contents that all downloads are full versions. You need Laura's shop ESP enabled in the load order, it is the only missing thing that would make house not appear as that part doesn't even rely on other assets. Unless you have other mod changing things near the road to Whiterun stables.

--------

Also after finishing 3.32... It has impressive amount of story that just leaves wanting more ?

Only a few minor issues, mentioning them might be minor spoilers. None of these prevent completing the quests but you may need console once if you have Realistic Needs and Diseases or other survival/cooking related mod:

Reveal hidden contents

1. During 3.21 last quest when the men came to shop, Katarina didn't have any bindings. She asked Laura to get them off so i knew something was wrong.

2. I have a mod that hides vanilla helmets so all the bodyguards had none. It revealed that they all had same face. No black faces, neck seams or things like that though which is good.

3. I couldn't find all ingredients for Apple Cabbage Stew. Assuming that is because i have Realistic Needs and Diseases enabled although inactive in MCM. Missing nord mead and 2 green apples. (Used console command to add)

4. When Katarina pulled sword out at the end i CTD. Worked on the second time and i realized it's a step where much happens simultaneously; player items get transferred and a teleport. A delay would be in order?

Yeah I got it to work yeah just needed to accept it in my load order thanks

Can someone help me? I'm in the Origin quest, just followed the guard up stairs and I'm in the new cage. The lady walks in but it never goes any further, I've tried waiting, reloading a save , and the bed in the cage won't let me interact with it. I'm just lost looking for a way to progress. 

SE conversion, getting stuck both in controls and quest progression after Holden puts me into cage with other slaves, stage 190. Cage door won't close. All aliases are on place, tried restarting the quest twice (on the same save).

Edited by BreadDain
18 hours ago, Alpha719 said:

Yeah I got it to work yeah just needed to accept it in my load order thanks

Glad it works now. :)

16 hours ago, Evan529 said:

Can someone help me? I'm in the Origin quest, just followed the guard up stairs and I'm in the new cage. The lady walks in but it never goes any further, I've tried waiting, reloading a save , and the bed in the cage won't let me interact with it. I'm just lost looking for a way to progress. 

Are you using SSE?

Also, please post the papyrus log. Maybe there's a clue in there.

12 hours ago, BreadDain said:

SE conversion, getting stuck both in controls and quest progression after Holden puts me into cage with other slaves, stage 190. Cage door won't close. All aliases are on place, tried restarting the quest twice (on the same save).

Is the save you're using old? Have you installed and uninstalled a lot on that save?

Also, please post the papyrus log and I'll take a look.

4 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

Same once put in bedroom cage nothing happens after she enters the room

Does this happen everytime? If it does, please post the papyrus log.

3 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Just finished tracking down the 3rd girl, Njadi, and everything is working fine with one exception - Silisus' body kept teleporting across Skyrim - thanks to Arvak I finally managed to catch up with it West of Whiterun in a giant's camp.

I echo what Taki said. What the hecking fuck is going on in your game. I have no clue why the hell it would do that.

Um, I am on the origin quest and Laura is sleeping on a bed downstairs and is busy and I can't complete the quest I have multiple save before I return to the shop but either the same results occur or sometimes Laura is teleported to where the last scene where she is taken outside with Darius in the dream but I don't know how to progress the story in the origin quest I love the questline and the mod but that is a bug I ran into.

5 minutes ago, Ryutenma said:

no nothing happens i am stuck in the cage Sloane stops a bit back from the door and just stands there its like the trigger for her to start talking does not work. so im basically just trapped i cant do anything no crashes or anything just stuck

Please try it a few times and let me know if this happen everytime to try it.

3 minutes ago, Alpha719 said:

Um, I am on the origin quest and Laura is sleeping on a bed downstairs and is busy and I can't complete the quest I have multiple save before I return to the shop but either the same results occur or sometimes Laura is teleported to where the last scene where she is taken outside with Darius in the dream but I don't know how to progress the story in the origin quest I love the questline and the mod but that is a bug I ran into.

Does it tell you to talk to her?

Also, please post the papyrus log.

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Please try it a few times and let me know if this happen everytime to try it.

Does it tell you to talk to her?

Also, please post the papyrus log.

No I can't talk to her because she is busy and she just sleeps on the bed downstairs I don't know how to post the papyrus log, but I do like the mod though 

1 hour ago, Ryutenma said:

i have tried almost a dozen times today and same result each time 

I'm not sure what causes this. It's not something that came up during testing. Please post the papyrus log. Maybe there's a clue in there.

1 hour ago, Alpha719 said:

No I can't talk to her because she is busy and she just sleeps on the bed downstairs I don't know how to post the papyrus log, but I do like the mod though 

At what point in the quest is this? Is this in the shop or in the house?

2 hours ago, Laura said:

I'm not sure what causes this. It's not something that came up during testing. Please post the papyrus log. Maybe there's a clue in there.

At what point in the quest is this? Is this in the shop or in the house?

I'm on origin where the dream is finished and I have to go back to the shop I'll try reloading during the house and see if it works again.

5 hours ago, Laura said:

Is the save you're using old? Have you installed and uninstalled a lot on that save?

Also, please post the papyrus log and I'll take a look.

Save was old somewhat dirty, so I've started a new one with minimum mod initialization. Got through all quests 1 by 1 only skipping movement with movetoqt command, problem appeared again.
Papyrus.0.log

Edited by BreadDain

for the people stuck in the upstairs bedroom with Sloane doing nothing in front of the cell's door, when the guard brings you there, you can simply disable/enable Sloane through the console and the scene will continue.

Note about that cell: during the time controls are enabled, you can activate the chair at the desk OUTSIDE the cell to magically escape the cell. You can get back in through the chair in the cell the same way, but remember that magical transport technology of that kind is not yet approved by the mages of winterhold.

That aside, i'm having consistent CTDs a couple seconds after reappearing in dragon bridge at the end of the dream. i can usually play without crashes so having this one repeat is weird.