Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

v3.32 is here!

Alright, it's not as exciting as the colourful letters make it seem. But some stuff needed to be fixed.

About the guard freezing in SSE, I investigated it and even installed SSE myself, but I couldn't replicate it. It worked for me. So we're now looking at either perfomance issues or mod conflicts.

Anyway, here's the underwhelming changelog for v3.32: :P

Added: [A Familiar Face] There is now a teleport trigger at the bum end of Embershard too. So if you want to be cheeky and enter from the back, you'll now get teleported too.
Thanks to Naps-On-Dirt for the report.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] After going to Swain, there was no dialogue to advance the quest. I added it.
My guess, I messed it up when I changed some stuff not too long ago and everyone thought it was their own game at fault.
Anyway, it's fixed now.
Thanks to Hellethea_ for the report.

Fixed: [The Lost Merchant] A text error has been fixed.
Thanks to Neghthraw for letting me know.

Fixed: There are no longer underscores in the EditorID's of the new locations. That seemed to mess with how saves were made in SSE.
Thanks to Tatras66 for telling me what was going on.

Awesome Laura. Guess I'll have to install this version now, and at some point (maybe this weekend?) I'll actually get around to getting started on this again. Been having too much fun dragging Serana around.

Nice thing is, because I haven't actually done anything with your mod, not even set up the MCM, I can nuke the old file and replace it with the new one with no issues.

Ok. Just finished playing through the Origin quest on SSE latest version BEFORE 3.32. I played through twice using a save from right before touching the totem. On both play-throughs I was forcegreeted by the guard, led through to my cell, and was able to sleep without any problems. After waking, one actor came into the room almost immediately but I had to wait for the second … as they apparently had to walk a long distance. I used the wait action instead of just sitting there staring at my screen. No problems with cooking any of the foods. However, on my first play-through I was not able to talk to the actor after making cooked beef. I was able to talk with everyone other than who I needed, so I quit the game and started my second play through. On the second play-through everything worked as intended. The only issues were occasional missing dialog lines but this did not stop me from understanding the story; so I consider this as insignificant. 

This is not really a spoiler but instead my thoughts on the update and quests so far.  I decided to post it so that those who do not wish to read it … don’t have to. 

Spoiler

A Familiar Face was awesome and I really loved this quest!  Kept me busy and made me think.  I enjoyed Origin and, without any doubt, it is the most significant quest to date, as it provides the backstory for the entire mod. Without Origin the story to date would not be complete.  As such, it is essential to the mod.  However, From the playability aspect, Origin is probably my least favorite quest from the mod since it didn’t really challenge me or make me think.  In many ways it was more like watching an interactive video than playing a quest.  That said, I rate this update A+++ and cannot wait for the next update or completion of the story!!! Once again, Laura delivers a home run!

1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

Nice thing is, because I haven't actually done anything with your mod, not even set up the MCM, I can nuke the old file and replace it with the new one with no issues.

Just for clarity, if you had Laura's mod installed and you have visited Whiterun stables then you have indeed "done" something with the mod. There may be starter scripts and stuff just to make MCM exist at all but those may do other things like set starting variables for quests and stuff.

Still.. you probably won't get issues but it's not technically a clean start if old version of mod was installed and enabled in load order.

6 hours ago, Laura said:

There's something weird going on. Because I can't find any dialogue for stage 15500. So I don't see how it can work for you. It seems like I just did something wrong and forgot to add it.

When you played it, was that a long time ago?

Thank you so much. ❤️

Here it is: Laura's Bondage Shop v3.21.7z

You can just use the newest version though. No need for a new game or anything.

Um is this just the update because I installed the 3.21 english mod and the store isn't in my game even with the latest update 3.32 I need the actual store mod but for some reason I don't have the store in game I also tried creating a new save and the store isn't in the game either I did enjoy the mod but ofc I deleted it by accident

9 hours ago, Laura said:

Fixed: There are no longer underscores in the EditorID's of the new locations. That seemed to mess with how saves were made in SSE.

Thank you so much for that! ❤️ It seems small, but it is a big quality-of-life improvement for SE players!

Bondage in skyrim seems to have become a trend, there's apparently gold to be made.

I now have four shops in my game. The captured dreams shop, The dollmakers shop, Elvira's shop and Laura's bondage shop.

Skyrims citizens have certainly opened up their eyes to restraints.

8 hours ago, Alpha719 said:

Um is this just the update because I installed the 3.21 english mod and the store isn't in my game even with the latest update 3.32 I need the actual store mod but for some reason I don't have the store in game I also tried creating a new save and the store isn't in the game either I did enjoy the mod but ofc I deleted it by accident

You can confirm from file contents that all downloads are full versions. You need Laura's shop ESP enabled in the load order, it is the only missing thing that would make house not appear as that part doesn't even rely on other assets. Unless you have other mod changing things near the road to Whiterun stables.

--------

Also after finishing 3.32... It has impressive amount of story that just leaves wanting more ?

Only a few minor issues, mentioning them might be minor spoilers. None of these prevent completing the quests but you may need console once if you have Realistic Needs and Diseases or other survival/cooking related mod:

Spoiler

1. During 3.21 last quest when the men came to shop, Katarina didn't have any bindings. She asked Laura to get them off so i knew something was wrong.

2. I have a mod that hides vanilla helmets so all the bodyguards had none. It revealed that they all had same face. No black faces, neck seams or things like that though which is good.

3. I couldn't find all ingredients for Apple Cabbage Stew. Assuming that is because i have Realistic Needs and Diseases enabled although inactive in MCM. Missing nord mead and 2 green apples. (Used console command to add)

4. When Katarina pulled sword out at the end i CTD. Worked on the second time and i realized it's a step where much happens simultaneously; player items get transferred and a teleport. A delay would be in order?

Edited by Zaflis
16 hours ago, Laura said:

There's something weird going on. Because I can't find any dialogue for stage 15500. So I don't see how it can work for you. It seems like I just did something wrong and forgot to add it.

When you played it, was that a long time ago?

No, very recent. Older playthroughs too of course, but the latest was 2 days ago using the most up to date version of LBS (not today's release, the one previous). 

I'm having an issue with the mod, that when i'm trying to buy something from her, nothing shows up in the sales menu.

edit: also to note, I'm using the special edition

Edit: I found the problem but not the solution. somehow my bashed patch is overriding the shop's containers and giving them nothing.

Edited by Ixmore

Hello! :)

I'm stuck at the Origin quest. After waking up I am supposed to get back to the shop, but Laura and Katharina aren't there. Instead, they are standing around south of Helgen and there is no speech option to finish the quest. Can someone help?

I searched this topic a while, but maybe I don't know what I have to search for good enough. Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere. :)

19 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

Ok. Just finished playing through the Origin quest on SSE latest version BEFORE 3.32. I played through twice using a save from right before touching the totem. On both play-throughs I was forcegreeted by the guard, led through to my cell, and was able to sleep without any problems. After waking, one actor came into the room almost immediately but I had to wait for the second … as they apparently had to walk a long distance. I used the wait action instead of just sitting there staring at my screen. No problems with cooking any of the foods. However, on my first play-through I was not able to talk to the actor after making cooked beef. I was able to talk with everyone other than who I needed, so I quit the game and started my second play through. On the second play-through everything worked as intended. The only issues were occasional missing dialog lines but this did not stop me from understanding the story; so I consider this as insignificant. 

This is not really a spoiler but instead my thoughts on the update and quests so far.  I decided to post it so that those who do not wish to read it … don’t have to. 

Hide contents

A Familiar Face was awesome and I really loved this quest!  Kept me busy and made me think.  I enjoyed Origin and, without any doubt, it is the most significant quest to date, as it provides the backstory for the entire mod. Without Origin the story to date would not be complete.  As such, it is essential to the mod.  However, From the playability aspect, Origin is probably my least favorite quest from the mod since it didn’t really challenge me or make me think.  In many ways it was more like watching an interactive video than playing a quest.  That said, I rate this update A+++ and cannot wait for the next update or completion of the story!!! Once again, Laura delivers a home run!

Thank you so much for the feedback. ❤️

18 hours ago, Alpha719 said:

There are no seperate patches, every version is a full version with the shop and everything. So something must've gone wrong somewhere, but I can't say what cause I don't know your game.

Did you change anything else to your game?

15 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

Does 3.32 require a new game?

Nope, my mod never really requires a new save. I try to make sure of that. But I should probably say that when I release the change log. Sorry about that.

11 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Thank you so much for that! ❤️ It seems small, but it is a big quality-of-life improvement for SE players!

Glad I could help.

SSE is weird. I installed it to test that guard issue, and a lot of things are different for seemingly no reason.

10 hours ago, pappana said:

Bondage in skyrim seems to have become a trend, there's apparently gold to be made.

I now have four shops in my game. The captured dreams shop, The dollmakers shop, Elvira's shop and Laura's bondage shop.

Skyrims citizens have certainly opened up their eyes to restraints.

Bussiness is booming. :P

I just realized, I sell restraints without telling the player they need a key to get out. And I also sell those keys. So I give them something, wait for them to get stuck, and then sell then the solution. That's kinda nasty.

8 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

No, very recent. Older playthroughs too of course, but the latest was 2 days ago using the most up to date version of LBS (not today's release, the one previous). 

Thanks for letting me know.

6 hours ago, Ixmore said:

I'm having an issue with the mod, that when i'm trying to buy something from her, nothing shows up in the sales menu.

edit: also to note, I'm using the special edition

Edit: I found the problem but not the solution. somehow my bashed patch is overriding the shop's containers and giving them nothing.

I have no clue how bashed patches work, so I can't really help you. Sorry.

I'm sure someone smarter than me knows what to do.

6 hours ago, dingdingdinggo said:

Hello! :)

I'm stuck at the Origin quest. After waking up I am supposed to get back to the shop, but Laura and Katharina aren't there. Instead, they are standing around south of Helgen and there is no speech option to finish the quest. Can someone help?

I searched this topic a while, but maybe I don't know what I have to search for good enough. Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere. :)

Are you using SSE?

Also, load a save from before it goes wrong and try it again. If it fails again, please post the papyrus log.

Hi,

i have a very weird bug in my game.

I'm on the third rescue mission for Laura (the huntress).

Openend the chest with the letter that tells me i have to go to the lake as normal.

But when i want to go to the lake the questmarker and NPC teleport away from me?

Like every time i get too close (not even in viewing distance) the marker just jumps straight away from me

Tried fast travel and restarting the game, but does not seem to work.

Is this a known bug? Can i fix it or teleport the NPC to me with a consol command or something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Changing the NPC hair styles to KS Hairs:

I have used Creation Kit on an older "Laura's Bondage Shop" version to change the hair styles of the included NPCs to KS Hairs. Now when installing/updating to this new version, I guess I will loose these changes, right?.

Is there any way to preserve the hair changes? Without having to redo it again?

1 minute ago, Gudulba said:

Some small work will be involved, but you don't need to remake everything from scratch, you can make a little tweak mod for your own personal use from your existing mod install, and it'll useable with any further versions too.

Keep hold of your previous, modified version of the plugin, and the exported head meshes and textures. Load up the plugin in xedit, find the NPCs who you modified and want to keep, highlight their records, right click, and select copy as override to new plugin.

Give your new plugin a name, and it only should have the records you copied over in it, with LBS being a master file for this new plugin you created. Just make sure to check if there are no more differences than hair and cosmetics - xedit provides you a very straightforward comparison view by default - , so unify their inventories, factions and such when needed with a new version, and you'll be fine.

So unless the ID of any NPCs you modified changes in subsequent mod releases, you can always load this plugin after LBS in your load order and their apperances will change to whatever you modified them to. Pack it together with the head meshes and textures, and you can have it as a mod that you can easily activate in your mod manager too. Now you can uninstall the previous version of LBS, install the latest, activate your mod that affects NPCs and you should be good to go.

40 minutes ago, Slane95 said:

Openend the chest with the letter that tells me i have to go to the lake as normal.

But when i want to go to the lake the questmarker and NPC teleport away from me?

Spoiler

Just follow the shore, you should stumble over a dead body not too far from the inn.

40 minutes ago, Slane95 said:

Can i fix it or teleport the NPC to me with a consol command or something?

Spoiler

He's dead, Jim.

18 minutes ago, Gudulba said:

Changing the NPC hair styles to KS Hairs:

I have used Creation Kit on an older "Laura's Bondage Shop" version to change the hair styles of the included NPCs to KS Hairs. Now when installing/updating to this new version, I guess I will loose these changes, right?.

No experience with that on my side, just general modding advice.

Look into your data folder, somwhere in the meshes are the face presets for all NPCs (Data/meshes/actors/character/FaceGenData/FaceGeom/Laura) - check if your current installed faces differ from the ones in the download, and if they do, make a backup of your changed faces and let it overwrite the folder after you've updated the mod. If you make your backup in 7zip format, call it LauraHairdoPatch and let your Modmanager handle things.

Edit: @Taki17 was faster, and doing things with xedit is probably safer than my brute force approach.

Edited by CaptainJ03
17 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just follow the shore, you should stumble over a dead body not too far from the inn.

That was the problem though, the body would not show up.

Or rather the quest marker is directly tied tot he body, so for some reason it teleported away from me.

But after waiting and restarting later it fixed itself and i could finish the quest... Modded skyrim can be a very strange experiance

But i really enjoy this Mod!

I think the Thief quest is still my favorite so far, but i have also not seen everything ?

Great work Laura!

1 hour ago, Laura said:

Bussiness is booming. :P

I just realized, I sell restraints without telling the player they need a key to get out. And I also sell those keys. So I give them something, wait for them to get stuck, and then sell then the solution. That's kinda nasty.

May be a little questionable from the ethics point of view, but it is a sound business model. ?

Whatever it takes to keep the torches burning and the horses fed … oh wait … Laura doesn’t have any horses. Well at least it keeps the torches lit. ?

Edited by Robmonster13
3 hours ago, Laura said:

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They might hear you !!!

?

6 hours ago, Laura said:

I have no clue how bashed patches work, so I can't really help you. Sorry.

I'm sure someone smarter than me knows what to do.

I found a small fix, just make sure you have content checker unchecked before building your bashed patch. It's the only way I can find right now.

7 hours ago, Slane95 said:

Hi,

i have a very weird bug in my game.

Like every time i get too close (not even in viewing distance) the marker just jumps straight away from me

Tried fast travel and restarting the game, but does not seem to work.

Is this a known bug? Can i fix it or teleport the NPC to me with a consol command or something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have no clue what's going on. Sounds like Skyrim being Skyrim I guess.

Does the same thing happen when you load a save from before it messed up?

5 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

May be a little questionable from the ethics point of view, but it is a sound business model. ?

Whatever it takes to keep the torches burning and the horses fed … oh wait … Laura doesn’t have any horses. Well at least it keeps the torches lit. ?

Torches are lit and people are tied up. Sounds perfect to me. :P

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They might hear you !!!

?

?

2 hours ago, PrinceKung said:

I can't open chest in mine. I already have 3 keys.

Did you check in your inventory if they're all there?

I still can't progress after I give Ranar the food in Origin....So strange - I don't know if this is a typo but it says "Time to serve Horik some food" in the description too. I have a large modlist but is there any way to force the next stage?

A bit late respond, but I wanna say it anyway, considering "seeking a curse" repeatable quest - I did play it a lot on earlier versions of mod (before latest major update), had no issues back then. And on recent playthrough - I did it few times, just didn't get task to go to Dragonsreach, but I played Skyrim not much lately, so that quest was done like 2-3 times I think. That's why I didn't encounter recent issue with odd quest stage.

p.s. I love this repeatable quest as well, love it have some different random spots so it's replayability is very high IMO =^_^=