Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, kapibar said:

@Laura I'd like to report a bug. The Familiar Face quest didn't start for me until after I left and re-entered the shop (after the scene with Sloane).

Exiting and entering the shop doesn't do anything to that quest. Something else is going on I think. Does the same thing happen when you try it multiple times?

Edited by Laura
6 hours ago, Laura said:

This is a somewhat big log for a sesion this short. I've seen worse, but there are a lot of concerning errors. I suspect your problem is caused by performance issues. Can't say what exactly is causing this, sorry.

I would really count it as a valid reason if the problem didn't appear after upgrade to recent 2 versions. Before that - everything worked, I played through that quest without any issues.
Perfomance doesn't magically lock the controls out and prevent quest triggers from playing, it would only delay them.

Edited by BreadDain
1 hour ago, Laura said:

Exiting and entering the shop doesn't do anything to that quest. Something else is going on I think. Does the same thing happen when you try it multiple times?

Yes, I tried multiple times to start it right after the scene with Sloane, to no avail. Only after re-entering the shop and initiating dialogue with Laura the quest starts. Also, I tried to force quest start via console commands and it didn't work.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, MysticDaedra said:

Hmm... the only thing I can think of is SL Aroused? Even going from a previous save they're both still "frozen" at the same point, right when I'm supposed to tell Laura what I saw in the ledger. I can't find evidence of any events triggering :/

EDIT: fixed by doing setav aggression 3 then setav aggression 0 and stopcombat... allowed me to enter the dialogue. Phew!

Thank you!  Great easy workaround. 

It seems like a pattern I've noticed across a few mods is that, when advancement depends on scripted movement to trigger, it breaks easily.  One culprit I've observed seems to be a follower wandering to the endpoint of the scripted movement and obstructing.  I don't really know anything about what's going on under the hood with these mods, but it seems like they're probably using some slightly different mechanism than the base game quests do for scripted movement, because in vanilla Skyrim quests, you can usually fix it with sprint nudges, but that never seems to do anything in these mod quests. 

If I understand correctly from things I've read—which I may well not since I have no firsthand experience—I think there's some way to set a sort of "plan B" trigger for quest stage advancement, but I have no idea how.  Perhaps that'd avoid these kinds of hangups, though?

26 minutes ago, SleinJinn said:

If I understand correctly from things I've read—which I may well not since I have no firsthand experience—I think there's some way to set a sort of "plan B" trigger for quest stage advancement, but I have no idea how.  Perhaps that'd avoid these kinds of hangups, though?

Perhaps in addition to a movement trigger there could be a timed trigger. If the movement trigger doesn't work, the timed trigger activates and "warps" the player and NPCs to the desired locations? I also know nothing lol... just a thought!

On 10/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, Clockwinding said:

for the people stuck in the upstairs bedroom with Sloane doing nothing in front of the cell's door, when the guard brings you there, you can simply disable/enable Sloane through the console and the scene will continue.

Note about that cell: during the time controls are enabled, you can activate the chair at the desk OUTSIDE the cell to magically escape the cell. You can get back in through the chair in the cell the same way, but remember that magical transport technology of that kind is not yet approved by the mages of winterhold.

That aside, i'm having consistent CTDs a couple seconds after reappearing in dragon bridge at the end of the dream. i can usually play without crashes so having this one repeat is weird.

I am playing on Skyrim SE. I did encounter the glitch in the upstairs bedroom cell with Sloane doing nothing.

Spoiler

20211011155440_1.jpg.a19e1b088805a6736cacfb4eddea7a78.jpg

Disable/ensable Sloane did not work for me. I tried disable/enable several times, even after saving, exiting the game, and reloading the save.

What did work for me was - save, exit the game, load the save, and wait 9 hours. Then Darius appeared in the room and the scene progressed.

Waiting for less than 9 hours did not help. Waiting for 1 hour, and waiting for 5 hours did not work. Only waiting for 9 hours fixed the problem for me.

I did not see a CTD after reappearing in Dragon Bridge after the dream, which is good news. Everything progressed normally for me from then on, until I completed the storyline. I did not have any problem after returning to the store. The conversations between Sona, Katarina, and Laura all progressed correctly for me.

36 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

Perhaps in addition to a movement trigger there could be a timed trigger. If the movement trigger doesn't work, the timed trigger activates and "warps" the player and NPCs to the desired locations? I also know nothing lol... just a thought!

That would be consistent with what I've read between the lines.  I really know nothing about the technical side of Skyrim modding, though, so I can't say anything with confidence.

Not strictly an LBS post, but more observational - Installed Devious Cursed Loot earlier this afternoon, and fired up a new game.

What a steaming pile of ****.

Fast travel seems to be disabled, no matter what, even if the only device you have on is a pair of nipple clamps (yes, I checked the MCM - there is no way to have fast travel enabled if you have any kind of device equipped, even items that shouldn't have any impact on it)

First quest you get, right out of the gates (not even out of Helgen yet) results in you bound up completely and gagged, leaving you unable to speak or move faster than a snail's pace, and tossed all the way across the map, with a job to deliver something to the other side of the map

-Did I mention you can't fast travel?

-Gagged up, you can't hire a carriage

-You're bound, so you can't fight

-If you have any kind of survival mode going, you're dead within the first hour or so of playing, from starvation and thirst

LBS is a way better bondage mod, even though it does still have a few minor glitches and the storyline isn't quite finished yet.

@Laura Thank you for making a bondage mod that is engaging and fun to play. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to the continuation of the story line.

I will be removing DCL from my mod list and wiping any trace of it from my computer

15 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

First quest you get, right out of the gates (not even out of Helgen yet) results in you bound up completely and gagged, leaving you unable to speak or move faster than a snail's pace, and tossed all the way across the map, with a job to deliver something to the other side of the map

Yes, I feel your frustration. I know you said you are not going to use DCL, but my suggestion for similar Devious situations that reduce your speed too dramatically:

player.modav speedmult 500

After you complete the task and get free from the Devious Device that is slowing you down, remember to undo your earlier speed boost:

player.modav speedmult -500

18 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

Not strictly an LBS post, but more observational - Installed Devious Cursed Loot earlier this afternoon, and fired up a new game.

Fast travel seems to be disabled, no matter what, even if the only device you have on is a pair of nipple clamps (yes, I checked the MCM - there is no way to have fast travel enabled if you have any kind of device equipped, even items that shouldn't have any impact on it)

-If you have any kind of survival mode going, you're dead within the first hour or so of playing, from starvation and thirst

LBS is a way better bondage mod, even though it does still have a few minor glitches and the storyline isn't quite finished yet.

@Laura Thank you for making a bondage mod that is engaging and fun to play. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to the continuation of the story line.

I will be removing DCL from my mod list and wiping any trace of it from my computer

are you doing the vanilla start?

3 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Yes, I feel your frustration. I know you said you are not going to use DCL, but my suggestion for similar Devious situations that reduce your speed too dramatically:

player.modav speedmult 500

After you complete the task and get free from the Devious Device that is slowing you down, remember to undo your earlier speed boost:

player.modav speedmult -500

Good to know. Thank you for the tip

4 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

DCL does indeed have an MCM option to *disable* fast travel. You must have it checked, I suggest taking a closer look at the menu options.

It could also be another mod you've installed locking fast travel.

There's an option to disable fast travel if you are in a DCL quest. Using the Safeword (debug tab in MCM) will end all DCL quests and release all restraints.

3 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

DCL does indeed have an MCM option to *disable* fast travel. You must have it checked, I suggest taking a closer look at the menu options.

It could also be another mod you've installed locking fast travel.

There's an option to disable fast travel if you are in a DCL quest. Using the Safeword (debug tab in MCM) will end all DCL quests and release all restraints.

Disabling Fast Travel can't actually be turned off in the MCM. Even with no quests active, and only wearing a ball gag, fast travel was not an option, even for the short hop between Honningbrew Meadery and Whiterun.

1 hour ago, Ryutenma said:

you had started the quest Chole didnt you if so thats why you could not fast travel

I had started it, yes. But even after dismissing her as my companion and 'de-activating' that quest, Fast Travel was still not an option. 

This is a big problem if you want to put a quest on hold and go do other things to, I don't know, level up, or explore more of the map before continuing it.  Hobbling and gagging someone, then dumping them on the Northern Coast up near Solitude and making them walk at a snails pace all the way to Riften with no means to defend themselves is a bit of a problem for me. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not spend 3hrs of real time shuffling along, constantly making and reloading saves because I died 50000 times on the way and really not getting any experience for the whole thing.

And the Dollmaker?

don't get me started on that B****.

'here, you can stay gagged and hobbled to move at a snail's pace while I send you on a delivery to Whiterun and back. If you make it back, I might consider letting you out'

Yah, another great way to unproductively waste 3-4hrs of real time. Assuming the wolves, trolls, bandits and spiders along the way don't just kill you and force you to start over. I can get a lot done in 3-4hrs of play time, even without fast travel, and enjoy the restraints that Laura sells.

I've used DCL extensively many times, and I've never had a problem fast traveling while bound, except when I've enabled the option to disable fast travel during a DCL quest. Other mods do disable fast travel though, such as Devious Devices, SL Survival, and others. Check that you don't have DD set to disable fast travel when bound.

1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

Disabling Fast Travel can't actually be turned off in the MCM. Even with no quests active, and only wearing a ball gag, fast travel was not an option, even for the short hop between Honningbrew Meadery and Whiterun.

I had started it, yes. But even after dismissing her as my companion and 'de-activating' that quest, Fast Travel was still not an option. 

This is a big problem if you want to put a quest on hold and go do other things to, I don't know, level up, or explore more of the map before continuing it.  Hobbling and gagging someone, then dumping them on the Northern Coast up near Solitude and making them walk at a snails pace all the way to Riften with no means to defend themselves is a bit of a problem for me. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not spend 3hrs of real time shuffling along, constantly making and reloading saves because I died 50000 times on the way and really not getting any experience for the whole thing.

And the Dollmaker?

don't get me started on that B****.

'here, you can stay gagged and hobbled to move at a snail's pace while I send you on a delivery to Whiterun and back. If you make it back, I might consider letting you out'

Yah, another great way to unproductively waste 3-4hrs of real time. Assuming the wolves, trolls, bandits and spiders along the way don't just kill you and force you to start over. I can get a lot done in 3-4hrs of play time, even without fast travel, and enjoy the restraints that Laura sells.

honestly it sounds like to me these mods are not for you then 

8 hours ago, Herowynne said:

I am playing on Skyrim SE. I did encounter the glitch in the upstairs bedroom cell with Sloane doing nothing.

Disable/ensable Sloane did not work for me. I tried disable/enable several times, even after saving, exiting the game, and reloading the save.

What did work for me was - save, exit the game, load the save, and wait 9 hours. Then Darius appeared in the room and the scene progressed.

Waiting for less than 9 hours did not help. Waiting for 1 hour, and waiting for 5 hours did not work. Only waiting for 9 hours fixed the problem for me.

I did not see a CTD after reappearing in Dragon Bridge after the dream, which is good news. Everything progressed normally for me from then on, until I completed the storyline. I did not have any problem after returning to the store. The conversations between Sona, Katarina, and Laura all progressed correctly for me.

For Sloane doing nothing : one of the actors in the scene is stuck, you can use "tfc" command to go and look for Darius to disable/enable him instead (re-enabling actors unsticks scenes reliably in my experience, just have to find them >.>).

Also my save might be a little borked, because the next time i loaded it, my "husband" was already dead and cold for the scene where he's supposed to come in the room...yeah... i'm gonna roll back to an earlier save and try again.

17 hours ago, BreadDain said:

I would really count it as a valid reason if the problem didn't appear after upgrade to recent 2 versions. Before that - everything worked, I played through that quest without any issues.
Perfomance doesn't magically lock the controls out and prevent quest triggers from playing, it would only delay them.

It only showing up in the latest version is weird. There have been a lot of changes to upgrade it to DD5, but nothing was changed to that scene.

I want to be sure what's going on. When you walk in, it disables your controls, walks you to a marker and changes a glob. The scene waits for that glob to change. My guess is that it somehow failed for you.

After you get stuck. At what value is Laura_BI_CheckGlob?

16 hours ago, kapibar said:

Yes, I tried multiple times to start it right after the scene with Sloane, to no avail. Only after re-entering the shop and initiating dialogue with Laura the quest starts. Also, I tried to force quest start via console commands and it didn't work.

So what exactly is happening? Right after the previous quest you start a new quest by talking to her and it doesn't start. But it only start by leaving and coming back? Or do you have to talk to her again?

36 minutes ago, Laura said:

It only showing up in the latest version is weird. There have been a lot of changes to upgrade it to DD5, but nothing was changed to that scene.

I want to be sure what's going on. When you walk in, it disables your controls, walks you to a marker and changes a glob. The scene waits for that glob to change. My guess is that it somehow failed for you.

3.30 and 3.32 were tested actually, with the same issue in both. I assume that big update got this issue that carried through bugfixes, or SE port is somehow broken. Version that was working fine for me is 3.21. Most importantly, it was the only change I did to my client, upgrading the only mod.

41 minutes ago, Laura said:

After you get stuck. At what value is Laura_BI_CheckGlob?

Prior bug, stage 160:

Spoiler

916224913_.thumb.png.e81ac3a50d0b9d500f39ba46256cf44a.png

Holden tells to go in the cage, stage 190:

Spoiler

102364694_.thumb.png.6317b6dd3e5d11009986fe3ca90651c7.png

When bug is reproduced, stage 190:

Spoiler

2106450158_.thumb.png.0efa2f39b401d63d958ad94ad4cc64c7.png

Laura_BI_CheckGlob is always xx1358ac

Side note: quest sub-stage also seem to be firing since when I enter the cage, girls move in line before the next stage, as expected (was it stage 191 or 199?)
Another side note: walking might be working fine since it worked perfectly during What She Deserves, and quest had no issues. Somehow I feel it is something with the cage itself, or Holden not 'recognizing' it properly.

3 hours ago, Laura said:

So what exactly is happening? Right after the previous quest you start a new quest by talking to her and it doesn't start. But it only start by leaving and coming back? Or do you have to talk to her again?

So...

If I try to talk to Laura just after the scene with Sloane - the dialogue goes as it supposed to, but the quest does not start. What I had to do was leave the shop just after the scene, without initiating dialogue with Laura, then come back and talk to her. And *magic* the quest starts.

11 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

This issue is not necessarily due to DCL. DCL does have an MCM option to disable Fast Start with a few options, which do not always work. If your legs are bound in any way (ie boots, leg cuffs...) then forget it, you may have issues with Fast Travel

However, I found not long ago, that the issue is directly related to Zaz. And I did find a workaround (albeit annoying to do constantly) using the ZaZ MCM. ZaZ apparently creates a faction and adds the player to it ( no idea what the name of the faction is). When the PC is added to this faction, it turns off Fast Travel. When you look at the ZaZ MCM, you can see what the PC can do and not do (off the top of my head I don't remember which MCM sub-menu it's under, I think it's the 3rd sub-menu). You will see that everything "other" than Fast Travel has a "yes" value while Fast Travel has a "no".

My workaround was to go to the SLOTS sub-menu in the Zaz MCM, enable all 5 checkboxes on the bottom right, and then uncheck them right away, get out of the MCM and go to the map, then Fast Travel will work. Sadly, this needs to be done constantly.

I also use SUM, and here I have a list of all the factions the PC is in. I found 3 factions with no name, and when i set the faction relationship to "true", I got Fast Travel back.

I hope this helps a little. I know it did for me.

4 hours ago, Ryutenma said:

honestly it sounds like to me these mods are not for you then 

The way DCL works - maybe not.

I prefer my bondage to be consensual

37 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

This issue is not necessarily due to DCL. DCL does have an MCM option to disable Fast Start with a few options, which do not always work. If your legs are bound in any way (ie boots, leg cuffs...) then forget it, you may have issues with Fast Travel

However, I found not long ago, that the issue is directly related to Zaz. And I did find a workaround (albeit annoying to do constantly) using the ZaZ MCM. ZaZ apparently creates a faction and adds the player to it ( no idea what the name of the faction is). When the PC is added to this faction, it turns off Fast Travel. When you look at the ZaZ MCM, you can see what the PC can do and not do (off the top of my head I don't remember which MCM sub-menu it's under, I think it's the 3rd sub-menu). You will see that everything "other" than Fast Travel has a "yes" value while Fast Travel has a "no".

My workaround was to go to the SLOTS sub-menu in the Zaz MCM, enable all 5 checkboxes on the bottom right, and then uncheck them right away, get out of the MCM and go to the map, then Fast Travel will work. Sadly, this needs to be done constantly.

I also use SUM, and here I have a list of all the factions the PC is in. I found 3 factions with no name, and when i set the faction relationship to "true", I got Fast Travel back.

I hope this helps a little. I know it did for me.

Thank you. This is actually helpful - never thought to check Zaz, as this issue only came up with DCL, and no other mod.