Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

@Laura Rleay great news. Deletion of Action 8 triggers the Forcegreet of the Guard directly AFTER the sleep And he starts walking upstairs. Now let me check if the other Actions also starting but until now it realy looks good. Also Sloan moves and starts talking. it realy is only Deleting Action 8 for a fix (it anyway does nothing because the guard isn't moving anyway between trigger sleep and Forcegreet)

Edited by coffeeink

250 is the sleeping stage. Trust me. After sleeping you reach stage 250. the scene waits for stage 250 to set and jumps in the next scene phase. These phase starts with Action 8. this Action never completes so we never reach the next phase with the forcegreat. You can do whatever you want, without completion of Action 8 you will never ever progress. 

let me create a fixed esp. I just need to start from clean scratch because i added tons of monitoring and debug prints.

Modified and Tested Version for SSE here:Laura's Bondage Shop.esp

(This fix works perfectly fine on my side. Used my save in the inn and weathced the Inn Scene for the ~50th time ... i'm sorry Laura it's a great scene but after the 10th time it's getting meh :P)

What i changed => Deleted Action 8, Moved Condition from Phase 7 to 6

For whatever reason this Action 8 is bugging out with the marker.

The behaviour should be exactly as defined.

Guard is standing in front of the Cell, You get the sleep Marker, after Sleeping Guard gives you a forcegreet with Good Morning and the you get out and the guard moves. ;)

Spoiler

grafik.png.e3650d27e6fc7c49537f3d168e8c3bdf.pnggrafik.png.b9acd37cebdeff5439b3ad4375ff46f8.png

Modification based on Version 3.31 SSE version

Edited by coffeeink
53 minutes ago, coffeeink said:

250 is the sleeping stage. Trust me. After sleeping you reach stage 250. the scene waits for stage 250 to set and jumps in the next scene phase. These phase starts with Action 8. this Action never completes so we never reach the next phase with the forcegreat. You can do whatever you want, without completion of Action 8 you will never ever progress. 

let me create a fixed esp. I just need to start from clean scratch because i added tons of monitoring and debug prints.

Modified and Tested Version for SSE here:Laura's Bondage Shop.esp

(This fix works perfectly fine on my side. Used my save in the inn and weathced the Inn Scene for the ~50th time ... i'm sorry Laura it's a great scene but after the 10th time it's getting meh :P)

What i changed => Deleted Action 8, Moved Condition from Phase 7 to 6

For whatever reason this Action 8 is bugging out with the marker.

The behaviour should be exactly as defined.

Guard is standing in front of the Cell, You get the sleep Marker, after Sleeping Guard gives you a forcegreet with Good Morning and the you get out and the guard moves. ;)

Reveal hidden contents

Modification based on Version 3.31 SSE version

Thank you so much for all the effort.

By the way, why'd you move the condition?

To everyone else, if you have this issue, try this version and let me know how it goes. ^

Edited by Laura
8 minutes ago, PowerBing said:

Alright just leaving this message in case someone figures this out in the future, as I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any time the mod tries to start a scene, the NPCs in said scene just get stuck (and most of the time, the player does too). 

This is happening on a brand new fresh install of Skyrim with only the required mods installed.

I have tried:

• Reinstalling Skyrim onto a different hard drive
  • Reinstalling all mods, making sure they are up to date (Using FNIS and BodySlide each time)
  • Running LOOT several times
  • Using old saves, starting a new save (both with and without the intro skip mod)
  • Resetting my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini
  • Generating my own SEQ file with Tes5Edit
  • Using an old version of the mod (which used to work on this PC)
  • Looking through the logs for errors when I start said scenes
  • Disabling SexLab in the MCM before starting scenes
  • A bunch of console command craziness, such as spawning a different copy of the NPC, resetting its AI, COC'ing after starting the scene, emptying the entire building of any other NPC that could interfere with the scene etc
  • Using a different Steam account

Given that I'm getting this problem with each brand new fresh install of Skyrim, I am incredibly confused. I've made sure to delete the steamapps/common/Skyrim folder to avoid any leftover mod junk after each uninstall, are there any other files somewhere that don't get reinstalled that could be causing the problem?

Usually the solution would be FNIS related but it seems you have tried everything already. Last possible solution would be related to mod load order but given your very limited number of mods, nothing should be disturbing quest mod.

This only happens with Laura mod?

Make sure all mods are for your Skyrim version (LE or SE)

Maybe try to extract a plugin list and post it here in a spoiler window.

11 minutes ago, Marie.R said:

same as before

the guard just stands in front of the cell and looks at hinde. ?

Reveal hidden contents

Did the guard forcegreet you (Talk to you), or did you have to talk to him?

Edited by Laura
Just now, Marie.R said:

i talked to him

Alright, to it seems there's something wrong with the forcegreet package that's supposed to make him talk to you. My guess is that that package fails and sticks, which then causes the package later to fail. I'll look into it again.

No problem :)

I had to make a short break of my big DD-Sexlab API Project and it forced me to elarn something about packages and scenes. I got some nice ideas for the Framework :)

Now after you mentioned it ... tbh. i think it would work without the Condition change. I did this some debug tries before and i just replicated the steps i know which should lead to a guranteed solution. 

And Phase 7 likely serve no purpose anymore.

Spoiler

I finally also finished now the Quest and i found 2 small Scene hickups in Cellar Scene 3 (I had to wait everythime 1h to let Darius perform NPCs a stuck waypoint)

Additional improvement point:

Instead of Paralyze and force first person cam search a position for laying down and force third Person. The position with first person forces cam cliping in wall/ground

22 minutes ago, Marie.R said:

same as before

the guard just stands in front of the cell and looks at hinde. ?

Reveal hidden contents

20211003153859_1.jpg.ce996505f77017c27900dde23ff692ea.jpg

Can you please descibe what you do?

How it should work:

Guard Talks -> Marker to Sleep -> Sleep -> Screen fades black -> Guard forceGreet starts

What is the status of the savegame you use? I recommend to load a save from the inn to fully restart the scene.

If it doesn'T help pls use this (mod) and press F8 => 2 Messageboxes are popping up and telling you 10 numbers. Pls wirte down the numbers and post them here. The first are the completed scenes, the second are the not finished.

Also: DO NOT TALK with the guard. If he doesn't forcegreet you, it's broken. You can't fix it with setstages, talking or something.

Laura_Debug.zip

Edited by coffeeink
3 minutes ago, coffeeink said:

Can you please descibe what you do?

How it should work:

Guard Talks -> Marker to Sleep -> Sleep -> Screen fades black -> Guard forceGreet starts

What is the status of the savegame you use? I recommend to load a save from the inn to fully restart the scene.

Guard Talks -> Marker to Sleep -> Sleep -> Screen fades black -> Nothing happens.

I have a Save at quest start before touching the totem.

We're commenting so much that this page is now Hot. :D

By the way, I'm working on a version that hopefully works. Yours both fail at different times, but it's not a coincidence that both those phases had special end conditions. I hope I fixed it.

Currently waiting for the SSE conversion to come through.

Hot Mod, Hot Page i guess ;)

to the issue:

and stage after sleep is 250? This is mandatory to be exactly 250.

Spoiler

(i recommend to make a save before finishing the last meal in the inn) to skip the other scenes

I have 1 question. why did you decided to implement the quest in a very big scenes?

3 minutes ago, coffeeink said:

Hot Mod, Hot Page i guess ;)

to the issue:

and stage after sleep is 250? This is mandatory to be exactly 250.

Hide contents

(i recommend to make a save before finishing the last meal in the inn) to skip the other scenes

I have 1 question. why did you decided to implement the quest in a very big scenes?

That whole scene is so big because I didn't really plan that part. That part came really late in development. So it wasn't as well thought out at first.

Stage 249 is the stage where sleeping is the objective and 250 is the stage after you've slept. In the scene, it waits for the player to sleep by freezing that phase until the stage is at 250.

Edited by Laura
1 hour ago, Laura said:

To everyone else, if you have this issue, try this version and let me know how it goes

Got past the initial problem with "Follow guard" quest step with the new ESP but unfortunately more problems.

To avoid spoiling the excellent plot i have to report in a spoiler window.

Spoiler

After meeting Katarina and PC falls to the floor. First time nothing happend after dialogue between Darius and Katarina was completed. Loaded save game again and this time made sure Hinde was standing ready next to Laura. This time there was a screen flash after Darius/Katarina dialogue ended and Darius says he is going to hurt Laura.  Scene changed to a cell with PC, Laura and Hinde. Nothing happens after that. PC still lying on the floor with no controls available. Fast forwarded time a few hours. Darius (i think, hard to get a viewing angle) enters the cell and just stares at PC without saying or doing anything. Probably same action problem as earlier.

Edited by Shadowbroker3495
9 hours ago, Laura said:

Here it is: Laura's Bondage Shop v3.21.7z

The new version doesn't change anything to that scene, but maybe it helps somehow.

What was the last thing that happened before it stopped?

Thank you so much. :blush:

Glad you like it. :D

Thank you so much. That means a lot. ❤️

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe it has something to do with the forcegreet not working.

Does that happen everytime?

In the slave cage, told to sleep. ForceGreet was my problem. I woke up, walked over to the guard. He just stood there. So I activated him and he said "Follow me". At that point the scene was broken. It would not proceed unless he got to do his ForceGreet.  What fixed it for me was delaying a couple up times until he spoke up.

Another bad lag point for me was after Katarina (sp) wacked me. I was on the floor in the cage with two other slaves and could not move. It took a good dozen delays until the next morning and the scene took off.

Everything after that point played smoothly.

Observations:

These are really well designed, immersive Quests.

If you leave the player with loss of control for long periods - they will think the Quest is broken - and do something bad.

Put up a message box or something to indicate "You can't move for awhile. Just wait it out".

Anxiously waiting for the next episode. Meanwhile the ladies will amuse themselves wearing my collars. (Stop dialog Quests if you do this)

2 hours ago, Laura said:

To everyone else, if you have this issue, try this version and let me know how it goes

Good news. Problem solved. 

Spoiler

Managed to complete scene with Darius, Stranger, Laura, Hinde and PC on the floor. At first nothing happend, waited 2 hours and then Darius and Stranger entered the cell and scene completed and quest progressed to next scene.

Origin quest is almost complete. Just have to return to shop.

About a minor non-spoiler issue. For some strange reason all male npc's in Origin quest (none of the females and the male Orc) have black faces. Checked in xedit and i have no conflicts with other mods. Loading mod later could maybe solve that problem. Will try that in a later playthrough.

Excellent storywriting. You keep players invested in the npc's story and background. Eager to play more stories :)

6 hours ago, darfinko said:

Another visual issue which oddly I do not recall encountering in previous version is some quest items seemingly not using correct meshes. Notably gags from the quest are invisible, hobble dresses do not use my bodyslide builds so there is bunch of clipping and same applies to armbinders. However this is not an issue with other items like cuffs, bra, belt or ropes. Does not seem to be an issue with DD since all "regular" items are fine and use my bodyslide builds so these few quest items seem to be an exception. As far as I understand these should refer to same files that standard DD devices so why there would be any difference is beyond me.

Reveal hidden contents

This issue is present for both, items used for "Seeking the curse" and items used during the  "A Familiar Face" and few other times quest gag is used. Interesting enough blindfolds seem to look fine while gags are just invisible. Oh and straightjackets / catsuit also appear fine.

What race are you? Argonians, Khajit, Orcs, and Elves (to a lesser extent) have separate meshes for some devices. DD incorporated the Beast Race Refits (which made these changes) in 5.0, however Laura's doesn't incorporate these changes, so the devices are invisible or misaligned. You can use xEdit to fix this by assigning the meshes in the "armature" section of the "rendered" armor. Generally it'll be whatever the base armature is with an additional letter. For example, the base armature file for blindfolds is "zad_blindfold01AA". Beast Race Refits adds "zad_blindfold01AAA" for Argonians, "zad_blindfold01AAK" for Khajit, and "zad_blindfold01AAO" for Orcs. The third capital letter at the end indicates the race it's for. A for Argonian, K for Khajit, and O for Orcs. You'll have to make Devious Devices - BRRF a master of Laura's mod in xEdit before you can add those armatures. Additionally, some items just may not be converted to the SE body for CBBE or UNP (I don't actually know if UNP's SE body is any different from it's LE, but CBBE's is.) hence the clipping in some items.

Edit: Elves I believe only have different armatures for gags and nothing else. They're a bit special since their armature is named differently. It'll be the base armature name but with "ElfAA" in it. Example: the Tough Leather Ring Gag from Laura's has a base armature of "zad_gagHarnessRingAA" and if you wanted to add the Elf refit armature you would add "zad_gagHarnessRingElfAA_Duplicate".

Edited by HeckinBestBork
1 hour ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

Just copy modified ESP file to DATA folder. You should ofc have original mod version 3.31 installed first.

Thank you. I do have the new version installed. Haven't run through any of the quests, or even walked into the shop yet. Clearing up a bunch of my other quests first while I have Serana with me

I did not have any problem with following the guard, however a bit later, I am having a serious problem... which is hidden in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

During the escape scene, I gather the food and weapons, return down and while opening the cell of Laura and talking to her, combat start happens and as soon as I get near the door to get the key, my char gets frozen and Katrina kills me/Gemma... I am pretty sure, that is not supposed to happen, but I have no idea, what made Katrina angry like that.

This is with the original 3.31 version not with the "guard fix"-version.

Edited by subrina
fixed spelling mistakes
5 hours ago, HeckinBestBork said:

Additionally, some items just may not be converted to the SE body for CBBE or UNP (I don't actually know if UNP's SE body is any different from it's LE, but CBBE's is.) hence the clipping in some items.

Edit: Elves I believe only have different armatures for gags and nothing else. They're a bit special since their armature is named differently. It'll be the base armature name but with "ElfAA" in it. Example: the Tough Leather Ring Gag from Laura's has a base armature of "zad_gagHarnessRingAA" and if you wanted to add the Elf refit armature you would add "zad_gagHarnessRingElfAA_Duplicate".

This would explain it, I got elf race for this playthrough which I did not use before so invisible gag would get explained by that. I did not even know there is special version for elves but the again DD came a long way.

As far as body, I use BHUNP with DD bodyslide files for it so standard UNP would definitely lead to clipping no matter what. Guess I will have to figure out how to convert the dress. But I'm still bit confused that it does not just use generic DD asset for the model. 

Edit: Yeah it was the missing race variants, adding the master and armatures fixed the invisible gag. 

As far as hobble dress went, turns out the issue was with leather dress conversion, which I did not realize is different outfit than the ebonite ones - sorta obvious distinction tho. So issue was not with the mod but conversion of leather hobble dress. Since I basically never used the leather variant I did not notice it before.

Edited by darfinko