Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, ArtHaberland said:

trying to solve the Lost merchant quest.  Where is the key to the prison cell?  I have searched that fort from top to bottom and can't find it.

If i remember correctly, In the cell, there should be an NPC named Hontaf, you get the key from him

Edited by tznvlw
6 hours ago, subrina said:

I did not have any problem with following the guard, however a bit later, I am having a serious problem... which is hidden in spoiler tag:

Hide contents

During the escape scene, I gather the food and weapons, return down and while opening the cell of Laura and talking to her, combat start happens and as soon as I get near the door to get the key, my char gets frozen and Katrina kills me/Gemma... I am pretty sure, that is not supposed to happen, but I have no idea, what made Katrina angry like that.

Spoiler

Katharina is, at the time of the dream, part of the crew of Sloane. The slaves want to escape and she takes a strike at Gemma. The rest of that scene is wathced lying on the ground - a bit like when Mercer Fry cuts you down in Snow Veil Sanctum during the Thieves Guild quests.

3 hours ago, ArtHaberland said:

trying to solve the Lost merchant quest.  Where is the key to the prison cell?  I have searched that fort from top to bottom and can't find it.

Spoiler

There's no key for the cell door. Find a chest (which is a trap) and talk to Sirrina after you've been locked in the Yoke. Then pickpocket the key from her Master and talk to Sirrina again.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:41 AM, hungvipbcsok said:

So there is problematic with compatitive issue. First is DCL, which may trigger random trap when interact with container, door in the Laura quest area. Second is Sexlab Arouse triggering mastubating animation during scene AI take control of PC, which lead to broken result. Third is Mimic Clothing, which in the dream quest trigger when the PC is wearing/undressing the merchant clothes. 

For the DCL and Mimic I think there is a suspend keyword to prevent triggering event. I think it should be added in the quest area. Not sure though. @Mister X@Laura

If you have problems with those pieces, I only can suggest that you use a savegame before the quest starts and then use something like AddItemMenu to get a hand on those problematic pieces. Then you can add them to the No Trigger Chest of Mimic Clothes.

TBH I didn't include a special keyword exclusive for Mimic Clothes (I simply can do that, though), and I can understand why Laura wouldn't want to add it to the pieces.

So the best solution in my eyes is the usage of the No Trigger Chest.

14 hours ago, coffeeink said:

Can you please descibe what you do?

How it should work:

Guard Talks -> Marker to Sleep -> Sleep -> Screen fades black -> Guard forceGreet starts

What is the status of the savegame you use? I recommend to load a save from the inn to fully restart the scene.

If it doesn'T help pls use this (mod) and press F8 => 2 Messageboxes are popping up and telling you 10 numbers. Pls wirte down the numbers and post them here. The first are the completed scenes, the second are the not finished.

Also: DO NOT TALK with the guard. If he doesn't forcegreet you, it's broken. You can't fix it with setstages, talking or something.

Laura_Debug.zip 4.59 kB · 1 download

Hi, if you use wait function to wait 1 or 2 game hours, the guard will forcegreet you as in my case.

19 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi, if you use wait function to wait 1 or 2 game hours, the guard will forcegreet you as in my case.

Waiting doesnt fix ist for a lot of ppl. Trust me i Tried much More than waiting. The Scene Action is just broken. Waiting only fixes waypoint issues if the Target is moving or wants to move. 

17 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

Got past the initial problem with "Follow guard" quest step with the new ESP but unfortunately more problems.

To avoid spoiling the excellent plot i have to report in a spoiler window.

Hide contents

After meeting Katarina and PC falls to the floor. First time nothing happend after dialogue between Darius and Katarina was completed. Loaded save game again and this time made sure Hinde was standing ready next to Laura. This time there was a screen flash after Darius/Katarina dialogue ended and Darius says he is going to hurt Laura.  Scene changed to a cell with PC, Laura and Hinde. Nothing happens after that. PC still lying on the floor with no controls available. Fast forwarded time a few hours. Darius (i think, hard to get a viewing angle) enters the cell and just stares at PC without saying or doing anything. Probably same action problem as earlier.

That's probably the same issue as the guard issue, but in a different spot. I'm currently working on a fix.

12 hours ago, subrina said:

I did not have any problem with following the guard, however a bit later, I am having a serious problem... which is hidden in spoiler tag:

Reveal hidden contents

This is with the original 3.31 version not with the "guard fix"-version.

That's also the same problem as with the guard, but in a different spot. I'll see what I can do.

8 hours ago, recroid366 said:

How do you progress after you sleep in the cell in the origin quest, it just stops everything when the objective is follow the gaurd

Are you using SSE?

6 minutes ago, Laura said:

That's probably the same issue as the guard issue, but in a different spot. I'm currently working on a fix.

Also my guess but as i reported later, i tried again and this time i managed get scene to progress by waiting 2 hours. Waiting never solved the forcegreet problem with the guard supposed to say "Good morning" after sleeping. Only the modified ESP of version 3.31 did.

So i managed to complete Origin quest.

So. I am in the cell after guard brought to Sloane and Darius. She just asked to cook beef for Darius and sat at table. Door remains locked and nothing is happening.

Ok this is fixed by reloading the save prior to talking to Glemme about the sword

Now in Origin - Escape the cell and talk to Hinde there is no way to do this. Should I use to wooden ladle? Or bucket glitch?

Ok never mind. It is bucket lol )

Edited by REALnomad

So a little proplem with the SE version of the mod, when i get to (blending in) and holden wants to get you in the cage after he registers you. My charecter walks in, and then nothing happens after that, i lose control of the charecter and the quest does'nt advance. I have tried a lot of stuff to solve the issue and looked around in the thread but no luck, so hoping someone in here is smarter than I am.

8 hours ago, Laura said:

That's also the same problem as with the guard, but in a different spot. I'll see what I can do.

Are you using SSE?

I am using SSE, and even with the fix the guard just stands there

The 3.31 is a great update as always, this is definitely my fav mod.

I do think I might have got bopped on the head a bit too hard at one point though.

Spoiler

20211003211255_1.thumb.jpg.c92896a76f9ec3c2b00e650a0c67d2a9.jpg

Other folks have mentioned the invisible headgear issue with beast races so I won't repeat that here. However there was one invisible item glitch that I didn't expect: when I did the quest where you get taken to the slave trader's cave, the chains/shackles/cuffs didn't render, which I found peculiar. I'd never had issues with that type of gear before.

As far as scene stalls, I did experience one (running LE, not SE):

Spoiler

After being taken to the bedroom, Sloane showed up but Darius was nowhere to be found until I did an in-game wait to warp him to his destination.

Also, I didn't test this since I didn't want to break the game while I was playing through it, but:

Spoiler

There's a chair within reach of the cell in the bedroom, and I'm pretty sure that sitting on it would have warped me out of the cell. Putting up an invisible wall there to prevent that might be a good idea.

Also worth mentioning:

Spoiler

During one of the "sleep" prompts in the bedroom, I think my character got stuck on the wall or something and the scene progressed with me just standing in place for a while rather than laying on the bed, though eventually I did end up on the bed somehow.

I think those are the only issues I ran into after playing the main story line again from the start, other than one random CTD when I returned whats-her-name to the temple of mara and she put her gear back on. Didn't happen the second time so w/e.

19 hours ago, Laura said:

To anyone on SSE who has a freezing issue after sleeping or with the guard. Please give this one a try and let me know how it goes:

Sorry, but version 3.32 SE didn't work for me.

Still no "Good Morning" forcegreet from guard after sleeping. Waiting several times does not trigger forcegreet.

To clarify situation. I had save game before touching totem at Dragon Bridge.

Edited by Shadowbroker3495
12 hours ago, TheDanishMuggle said:

So a little proplem with the SE version of the mod, when i get to (blending in) and holden wants to get you in the cage after he registers you. My charecter walks in, and then nothing happens after that, i lose control of the charecter and the quest does'nt advance. I have tried a lot of stuff to solve the issue and looked around in the thread but no luck, so hoping someone in here is smarter than I am.

I'm investigating a similar issue in the new quests. Haven't found anything yet though. I have no clue why scenes refuse to work in SSE.

11 hours ago, recroid366 said:

I am using SSE, and even with the fix the guard just stands there

Crap. I thought I found it. Crap.

5 hours ago, Nicoya said:

The 3.31 is a great update as always, this is definitely my fav mod.

I do think I might have got bopped on the head a bit too hard at one point though.

Reveal hidden contents

Other folks have mentioned the invisible headgear issue with beast races so I won't repeat that here. However there was one invisible item glitch that I didn't expect: when I did the quest where you get taken to the slave trader's cave, the chains/shackles/cuffs didn't render, which I found peculiar. I'd never had issues with that type of gear before.

As far as scene stalls, I did experience one (running LE, not SE):

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I didn't test this since I didn't want to break the game while I was playing through it, but:

Reveal hidden contents

Also worth mentioning:

Reveal hidden contents

I think those are the only issues I ran into after playing the main story line again from the start, other than one random CTD when I returned whats-her-name to the temple of mara and she put her gear back on. Didn't happen the second time so w/e.

I'll take a look at that chair. Thanks for the feedback. :)

1 hour ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

Sorry, but version 3.32 SE didn't work for me.

Still no "Good Morning" forcegreet from guard after sleeping. Waiting several times does not trigger forcegreet.

To clarify situation. I had save game before touching totem at Dragon Bridge.

Crap. Shit. Poop. Feces. I thought I fixed it. Now I really don't know what's going on.

26 minutes ago, Laura said:

I'm investigating a similar issue in the new quests. Haven't found anything yet though. I have no clue why scenes refuse to work in SSE.

I have my own solution (Pro test 100% work), that is, !!! do not enter the cage first (otherwise the plot will get stuck and cannot continue)!!! The PC finds the NPC (Holden) first, talks to the NPC (Holden) and has sex with him, then he will let the PC follow him, and then tell you to enter the cage, and then you enter the cage.

Edited by tznvlw
1 minute ago, tznvlw said:

I have my own solution, that is, !!! do not enter the cage first !!! The PC finds the NPC (Holden) first, talks to the NPC (Holden) and has sex with him, then he will let the PC follow him, and then tell you to enter the cage, and then you enter the cage.

So it probably has to do with the packages not playing out because the end condition is already complete. Thanks for the tip. :)

4 minutes ago, Laura said:

So it probably has to do with the packages not playing out because the end condition is already complete. Thanks for the tip. :)

I hope my solution can help SSE users solve their problems?

Maybe it's what you said. Missing condition check?
By the way, why don’t you migrate to SSE?

Edited by tznvlw
1 hour ago, tznvlw said:

I hope my solution can help SSE users solve their problems?

Maybe it's what you said. Missing condition check?

There's probably something wrong with SSE when it comes to end conditions on scenes. I think it keeps trying to play the ai package even though it's done. I have no clue why it would do that.

1 hour ago, tznvlw said:

By the way, why don’t you migrate to SSE?

All my stuff and settings are on LE. I don't want to abandon it.

21 minutes ago, Laura said:

There's probably something wrong with SSE when it comes to end conditions on scenes. I think it keeps trying to play the ai package even though it's done. I have no clue why it would do that.

All my stuff and settings are on LE. I don't want to abandon it.

I suggest you try SSE in the future if you have time?

35 minutes ago, tznvlw said:

I suggest you try SSE in the future if you have time?

I actually just installed SSE and installed all the mods needed for mine. I'm going to play through it and see if it also doesn't work for me. I actually want it to fail because want to be able to troubleshoot it.

1 minute ago, Laura said:

I actually just installed SSE and installed all the mods needed for mine. I'm going to play through it and see if it also doesn't work for me. I actually want it to fail because want to be able to troubleshoot it.

I am glad to hear you say that. I have another suggestion, which is to use xEdit to check for possible mod conflicts

I hate this. I downloaded SSE, went through the whole installation to be able to test it, and it works for me. The guard moves and stuff. It works. I didn't want it to work, I wanted it to fail so I could test it myself. But now I can't do anything. This is probably the first time that I'm upset because something did work. :P