Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Just now, Hellethia_ said:

Thank you. It allowed me to finish the quest, but Laura still doesn't want to give me a new job, saying that i'm already doing something for her and I have to focus on that :(

setobjectivecompleted Laura_STC_Quest 20000 1

24 minutes ago, Hellethia_ said:

She says Welcome, then proposes me the standard dialogue (selling stuff, keys, talking about her, etc...)

Usually i think she should said something like "You're back" or something like this

I doubt I did something wrong. People would've found it a long time ago.

Anyway, try this version and let me know how it goes: Laura's Bondage Shop.esp

It's a temporary fix, but it should work.

Edited by Laura
7 minutes ago, Laura said:

It works !! She asked me to give her the restraints !

Which version of the esp is it please ? If it is an old one, does it consider the new quests from the 3.30/31 version to be done still ?

Should I put back the previous one once the quest is done ?

Thank you for your help !

42 minutes ago, Hellethia_ said:

It works !! She asked me to give her the restraints !

Super glad it works now.

Which version of the esp is it please ? If it is an old one, does it consider the new quests from the 3.30/31 version to be done still ?

It's v3.31 with some adjusted conditions.

Should I put back the previous one once the quest is done ?

Yes, go back to the previous one. This was just a temporary fix.

Thank you for your help !

Glad I could help.

But now I'm kinda sad. This error must have been there for ages, somebody should've found it earlier, but it seems like nobody plays that quest. :(

I'll look into it further.

Edited by Laura
59 minutes ago, Laura said:

It's a temporary fix, but it should work.

It’s not that no one finds it, but people don’t know this knowledge or can’t be sure which mod caused the problem?

I just tested the search curse quest, there is no problem

40 minutes ago, Laura said:

But now I'm kinda sad. This error must have been there for ages, somebody should've found it earlier, but it seems like nobody plays that quest. :(

I mean, I played it multiple times in the past and never had issues, even with an old install+mod list barely held together with spit and prayers. So this is probably not an easy bug to come across.

40 minutes ago, Laura said:

No reason to be sad. I admit that I haven't been seeking the curse for quite a while now, but when I did, I never had any problems with the mod.

I dimly remember that I had the problem of "you're already doing sth for me" once, but even back then I couldn't remember which quest that might have been, as I usually make a lot of things in parallel...

15 minutes ago, tznvlw said:

It’s not that no one finds it, but people don’t know this knowledge or can’t be sure which mod caused the problem?

I just tested the search curse quest, there is no problem

Did you go to Swain and back with no issues?

10 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

I mean, I played it multiple times in the past and never had issues, even with an old install+mod list barely held together with spit and prayers. So this is probably not an easy bug to come across.

I don't know for sure if it's a bug though. I couldn't find any dialogue for stage 15500. It could also be because it's a mess, but still.

9 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

No reason to be sad. I admit that I haven't been seeking the curse for quite a while now, but when I did, I never had any problems with the mod.

I dimly remember that I had the problem of "you're already doing sth for me" once, but even back then I couldn't remember which quest that might have been, as I usually make a lot of things in parallel...

Well, it was thoroughly tested and it's been out for a long time. So I don't really believe that issue has been there the whole time. Maybe I just couldn't find it.

1 hour ago, Laura said:

I rarely play repeatable quests unless they're required to do something, like to gain reputation or relationship ? 

3 hours ago, Laura said:

Super glad it works now.

Glad I could help.

I'm so sorry it makes you sad !! ?

And it's probably my fault for a bad organization of my mods and for some updates !

Sorry again for this, and thank you so much for your help ! ❤️

Your mod is absolutly awesome, I'm playing it since the first release, and to me it's really the best DD mod !

Just now, Laura said:

I dont normally post things, but I would also like to chime and say that I actually really like seeking the curse >.> its easily my most oftenly played/ran repeatable objective across base game and my mod list. I (I would say never but the way skyrim works ill stick with "havn't yet" xD) have not yet run into this bug either.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:40 AM, neghthraw said:

SLA is needed for the DD Framework and does not use masturbation animations by itself. If you have masturbation animations, that is because of other mods you have installed and not a problem of this mod.

If SLA arousal gets high enough other mods can trigger a masturbation animation. To prevent this from happening go to the SLA MCM, select the Puppet Master tab, set the Exposure and Time Rate sliders to low values (like 0), and then select Lock Arousal. This will prevent arousal from increasing.  This will prevent masturbation animations and DCL traps (if below the threshold values for traps).  This will not cause any issues with the mods just keeps events from happening. You do need to remember to unlock arousal in SLA when you want these features to start happening again. I typically lock arousal while doing Laura’s quests so I can experience the story as she intended. 

Edited by Robmonster13
11 hours ago, Laura said:

Super glad it works now.

Glad I could help.

I’ve played Seeking the Curse numerous times (on SSE) and on multiple play-throughs and have never had a problem. I’m just getting ready to try Embershard Mine now … wish me luck. ?

Edited by Robmonster13

Took my time and did a few checks while playing through A Familiar Face on SSE twice.  Each time I had my followers wait for me before starting the quest so I didn't have to worry about them accidentally messing something up.  I did not encounter any problems at all and everything worked as expected.  The only minor issue was a few lines of dialog that did not show up on the first play-through but did show during the second attempt with a couple of different lines missing ... a totally insignificant issue.

Every quest in the mod works together perfectly to tell what has to be the best story/overall adventure in Skyrim!!!  I have to say ... up to this point the quests with Jade have been my absolute favorites!  Bring her back as often as you want!  ?

As for the new collar ... I definitely hope that it makes additional appearances!  I'm not the most creative person, but I would love a recurring challenge to wear the collar for a period of time, with the minimum and maximum times increasing each time that you accepted the challenge.

I cannot wait to play through the next quest ... but it will have to wait until tomorrow.  ☹️

13 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

I’ve played Seeking the Curse numerous times (on SSE) and on multiple play-throughs and have never had a problem. I’m just getting ready to try Embershard Mine now … wish me luck. ?

6 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Same here. I've played that part probably at least 10 times. Every time I've gone to Swain, then back to Laura and it works just fine. 

I don't have the most stable game but that part has never been an issue for me. 

There's something weird going on. Because I can't find any dialogue for stage 15500. So I don't see how it can work for you. It seems like I just did something wrong and forgot to add it.

When you played it, was that a long time ago?

5 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

Took my time and did a few checks while playing through A Familiar Face on SSE twice.  Each time I had my followers wait for me before starting the quest so I didn't have to worry about them accidentally messing something up.  I did not encounter any problems at all and everything worked as expected.  The only minor issue was a few lines of dialog that did not show up on the first play-through but did show during the second attempt with a couple of different lines missing ... a totally insignificant issue.

Every quest in the mod works together perfectly to tell what has to be the best story/overall adventure in Skyrim!!!  I have to say ... up to this point the quests with Jade have been my absolute favorites!  Bring her back as often as you want!  ?

As for the new collar ... I definitely hope that it makes additional appearances!  I'm not the most creative person, but I would love a recurring challenge to wear the collar for a period of time, with the minimum and maximum times increasing each time that you accepted the challenge.

I cannot wait to play through the next quest ... but it will have to wait until tomorrow.  ☹️

Thank you so much. ❤️

59 minutes ago, Alpha719 said:

Does anyone have the 3.21 english version Laura's bondage shop I accidently deleted it but have the new updated version but it doesn't show up in my game since i don't have the original.

Here it is: Laura's Bondage Shop v3.21.7z

You can just use the newest version though. No need for a new game or anything.

2 hours ago, Laura said:

There's something weird going on. Because I can't find any dialogue for stage 15500. So I don't see how it can work for you. It seems like I just did something wrong and forgot to add it.

When you played it, was that a long time ago?

Thank you so much. ❤️

Here it is: Laura's Bondage Shop v3.21.7z

You can just use the newest version though. No need for a new game or anything.

Yes, it has been quite some time since I last played Seeking the Curse. 

v3.32 is here!

Alright, it's not as exciting as the colourful letters make it seem. But some stuff needed to be fixed.

About the guard freezing in SSE, I investigated it and even installed SSE myself, but I couldn't replicate it. It worked for me. So we're now looking at either perfomance issues or mod conflicts.

Anyway, here's the underwhelming changelog for v3.32: :P

Added: [A Familiar Face] There is now a teleport trigger at the bum end of Embershard too. So if you want to be cheeky and enter from the back, you'll now get teleported too.
Thanks to Naps-On-Dirt for the report.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] After going to Swain, there was no dialogue to advance the quest. I added it.
My guess, I messed it up when I changed some stuff not too long ago and everyone thought it was their own game at fault.
Anyway, it's fixed now.
Thanks to Hellethea_ for the report.

Fixed: [The Lost Merchant] A text error has been fixed.
Thanks to Neghthraw for letting me know.

Fixed: There are no longer underscores in the EditorID's of the new locations. That seemed to mess with how saves were made in SSE.
Thanks to Tatras66 for telling me what was going on.