All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

If they release a modding tool or something similar to what Bethesda did for the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games I see Cyberpunk stepping up and becoming the best and most fun game out. So far I'm having a blast in a unmodded Cyberpunk world, I can only imagine how great it would be with some of my favorite LL mod's in this game!

22 hours ago, peculiaris said:

(PC) No nude on First Person View, Mirrors, Photo Mode. BUG | Page 37 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

No nudity outside the inventory menu is on purpose, kind of disappointing.

There's a nude mod available for PC on the Nexus.

As for the game, I'm getting loads of known bugs like people appearing/disappearing, stuff floating in mid-air, people sitting on nothing.

Thing is though, it's all ignorable and doesn't detract from what is a pretty enjoyable experience, especially the little touches like the large dildo melee weapon you get after shagging Meredith, or the Glados car..that made me laugh.

8 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Blowing people's heads off is my favorite pastime.   First game since Mass Effect 3 that I've been able to do that.

First game since Mass Effect 3 where i can headshot people trough walls :cool:

That assassination gig in a warehouse, playing the sneaky, headshotty type, climbed to the roof and tried to find the target trough the skylights. No luck, but minimap revealed that there is someone in a backroom that can't be seen from the roof. So got down, found the target, and headshotted him trough the wall :classic_laugh:

Thievery missions too are fun with this character, in and out unseen, nobody had any clue i was there.

So yeah, having fun :classic_happy:

14 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Note to everybody.

I tested the theory of a memory pool data posted lately in news.

Came across that too, but doesn't do anything for me. Didn't see a change in memory use nor performance. I do have a RTX 2080TI though, so maybe it helps with weaker cards ?‍♂️

BTW, doesn't GPU-Z show VRAM use correctly? It reports aorund 20% use but judging from the Task Manager it should be around 60%.

In this case i'm more inclined to believe Task Manager.

21 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Note to everybody.
I tested the theory of a memory pool data posted lately in news. I can confirm, that backing up memory_pool_budgets.csv in [ engine\config folder ] using cyber_engine_tweaks mod.  Starting the game noticed in afterburner FPS increased in city to +5fps and on not demanding areas to +10fps on 1060'high\middle video settings. Can hit to 50fps in overall.  
You should check that out.

The csv does nothing. There aren't even pointers to it in the exe.

The mod has its own json to maintain budgeting and you can see it working via memory timing tools or afterburner/precisionx1.

There's a lot that needs fixing with the open world in this. The game itself is fine, the quests are interesting and the world is beautifully designed. There is fun to be found in those things... But the open world is incredibly under-developed.

Basic things like fire engines, taxis, trains and ambulances do not exist. These have been a standard in open world titles since GTA3. Their absence is really weird especially when the lore features cool shit like Trauma Team and flying vehicles. The open world should have far smarter AI, cops should spawn in at a distance and either drive up or fly in. Trauma Team should randomly show up with different kinds of "packages" for citizens. The poors get tossed in a dump truck by a clean up crew while the rich get the ultra-military rescue. There is a literal unuseable rail network too.

They have to get all of these things up to speed and included as they were definitely expected.

Secondary to this, they should be including sandbox gang warfare. Gangs should increase and decrease in size as they compete with rival gangs. Shadow of Mordor style leadership elements could have existed. The fact that death and cloning are a thing could have been leveraged for surviving death as a mechanic.

Braindances are clearly intended but completely unfinished.

Theft as a game mechanic appears to have been intended but is just non-existent. Mountains and mountains of pointless food items exist which suggests to me an expansion of the purpose of these items was intended, at the very basic level it could have been used in conjunction with a theft system for survival mods ala Skyrim.

Minigames? There are none. Bit weird given how standard they are in open world titles.

Game feels like it was release 1-2 years early. And that the looter-shooter part was tacked on due to being pressed for time. It feels like high-realism and ultra RPG roleplay was their initial goal and then that all went to shit behind the scenes for whatever reason.

If they don't fix at least the basic expectations of this their reputation is basically done. Fixing performance might be the priority for consoles but that doesn't even scratch the surface of the problems.

1 hour ago, Awoooooo said:

There's a lot that needs fixing with the open world in this. The game itself is fine, the quests are interesting and the world is beautifully designed. There is fun to be found in those things... But the open world is incredibly under-developed.

Basic things like fire engines, taxis, trains and ambulances do not exist. These have been a standard in open world titles since GTA3. Their absence is really weird especially when the lore features cool shit like Trauma Team and flying vehicles. The open world should have far smarter AI, cops should spawn in at a distance and either drive up or fly in. Trauma Team should randomly show up with different kinds of "packages" for citizens. The poors get tossed in a dump truck by a clean up crew while the rich get the ultra-military rescue. There is a literal unuseable rail network too.

They have to get all of these things up to speed and included as they were definitely expected.

Secondary to this, they should be including sandbox gang warfare. Gangs should increase and decrease in size as they compete with rival gangs. Shadow of Mordor style leadership elements could have existed. The fact that death and cloning are a thing could have been leveraged for surviving death as a mechanic.

Theft as a game mechanic appears to have been intended but is just non-existent. Mountains and mountains of pointless food items exist which suggests to me an expansion of the purpose of these items was intended, at the very basic level it could have been used in conjunction with a theft system for survival mods ala Skyrim.

Minigames? There are none. Bit weird given how standard they are in open world titles.

Game feels like it was release 1-2 years early. And that the looter-shooter part was tacked on due to being pressed for time. It feels like high-realism and ultra RPG roleplay was their initial goal and then that all went to shit behind the scenes for whatever reason.

If they don't fix at least the basic expectations of this their reputation is basically done. Fixing performance might be the priority for consoles but that doesn't even scratch the surface of the problems.

I'd suggest watching This 2017's video about the some internal woes inside CDPR. There are more (ex-employees) insights around the net about how they operate and run their developing process.

And from the tidbits I got, looks like CD Project Red is a big corp running as a small indie team, their development was messed as hell, unorganized, somewhat similar to what Bioare has being doing, crunching everyone and praying everything will be fine in the end (Anthem and other games). Also their top brass (dare I say, the founders) think can can run an AAA  videogame business like a school project.

Not to rumours that mention about how their Cyberpunk pre-production was a internal war over the game having a third person camera or not, leading to the actual programming only starting effectively in 2016.

6 hours ago, Awoooooo said:

You're essentially setting yourself up for disappointment as your vision of the game is a projection of what CDPR said they MIGHT do in the 4th year of development.

Witcher went through the same level of feature paring; the war was supposed be like skyrim where you could actively have factions take territory and charge levies and taxes, smithing and animal husbandry were skills you could have, the schools were supposed to be actively feuding against each other, and rebuilding Kaer was going to be a feature.

None of that is in the final game, nor are there hooks for any of it.

What you're probably going to get is the two cut origins of Rocker and former CyberMilf, and two county level expansions along with 16 or so free DLCs.

As far as QoL, you might expect better AI and daily life shit but expecting shadowrun boobies edition ain't happening. It was cut for a reason and it ain't coming back.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

You're essentially setting yourself up for disappointment as your vision of the game is projection of CDPR said they MIGHT do in the 4th year of development. Witcher went through the same level of feature paring (the war was supposed be like skyrim where you could actively have factions take territory and charge levies and taxes, Smithing and animal husbandry were skills you could have, the schools were supposed to be actively feuding against each other, and rebuilding Ker was going to be a feature.

None of that is in the final game, nor are there hooks for any of it.

What you're probably going to get is the two cut origins of Rocker and former CyberMilf, and two county level expansions along with 16 or so free DLCs.

As far QoL you might expect better AI and daily life shit but expecting shadowrun boobies edition ain't happening. It was cut for a reason and it ain't coming back.

Sure. I know that the likelihood of the dreamy features ever coming is next to zero now. However, reaching the most basic of parity levels with GTA 3 seems... Not unreasonable to expect?

Cars driving around other cars that block the road. NPCs not just wandering the same loop over and over. Having reactions to the player that make sense such as running away instead of staying sitting in their seats when you kill people nearby. Ambulances showing up to dead people. Police spawning a good distance away, actually driving up to a location and giving chase instead of spawning 5 metres behind the player and instantly opening fire.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying these are basic expectations and that failure to meet these really basic expectations of what an open world city game should be basically burns any reputation or goodwill they deserve.

The world is pretty and the quests are well made. That's it though, absolutely everything else in the game is behind what Rockstar produced for their first 3d game 20 years ago, in terms of gameplay.

It's not acceptable and they can't leave it like this and expect people not to shit on them for it forever. It is in a deeply deeply mediocre state right now, the worst open world game in decades, holding good quests and pretty graphics but basically the worst open world in a very very long time.

I decided to buy for myself before Xmas finally - I have a habit of always getting a 'AAA' game at full price around this time. It will also make sure I don't eventually end up seeing a spoiler which seems inevitable at this point. The game started up with all settings maxed except reflections, which was down a notch from the max. I don't know what people were expecting as my YouTube recommendations is FULL of Cyberpunk video's with many spewing 'unhappiness'. So far I'm quite enjoying it - with an occasional NPC 'pop-in' close to me which can be distracting.

I had to upgrade my Nvidia driver was all and no more visual glitches. After 'taking' a gang bike and being able to see the world so much better from it - I haven't driven anything else since and was pleased the game addressed this. One could call my character a 'Hacker X2' - If I'm not hacking systems, I'm hacking heads off shoulders with the blades. It's funny - the more people complained, the more interested I was to see the 'train wreck' for myself. After playing close to 20 hours I have yet to see it....

Remember ME (game), Total Recall, Blade Runner (naturally), and even Skate or Die (game) are among the many influences I see. Taking it slow and 'living' in Night City instead of rushing through it like a tourist with very few days of vacation left.

Spoiler

photomode_16122020_175514.png.08f899553c3704ace7da69bdf1d73885.png

FYI - taking an 'in game' screen shot places it in the Cyberpunk folder created in the native Windows10 Pictures folder for ease of finding - no more digging through game files (cough - Steam - cough) for your screenshots.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, RW311 said:

Find the quick hack called contagion, it makes people vomit.

Have you seen the Netrunner build that Fudgemuppet posted on YouTube recently? It uses Contagion together with the Raven cyberdeck (although I think the Netwatch cyberdeck would be a good alternative, being more offense while also having the increased spread distance). You can literally wipe out entire groups of people just by looking at them.

7 hours ago, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

Have you seen the Netrunner build that Fudgemuppet posted on YouTube recently? It uses Contagion together with the Raven cyberdeck (although I think the Netwatch cyberdeck would be a good alternative, being more offense while also having the increased spread distance). You can literally wipe out entire groups of people just by looking at them.

I don't use the Raven deck but Contagion + Reset Optics combined with a Quickhack build is super OP.  I use the same build, pretty much run around wiping out entire groups of enemies without ever being detected, if something sees me the cyberware that slows down time when detected takes over giving me time to hide. 

I use suicide or shutdown to take out mech enemies just as easily. 

i never thought i would say this, but i am dropping cb... after like 30 hours, not because of bugs but because the game is bad... at first i fell for the backdrop world and rated the game like 9-10... but then realized the game is just to shallow for me to continue... when u dont plow through missions there is nothing for you to do. at this point its just a screenshot simulator. for now i just follow the game for mods... dont even care for fixes and patches anymore - i dont think most of the problems can be fixed anyway. 

1 hour ago, 0wnyx said:

when u dont plow through missions there is nothing for you to do

I'd like to know what you'd want to be doing when not doing missions or side quests?

I thought about what you said, and decided to compare it to other games like the Bethesda/GTA/Witcher games, and was thinking to myself - What did I do in those when 'not' doing missions/quests? Building player towns? Looting for junk? Exploring? Ride around listening to Radio and watching the world turn? Shopping for clothing/customizing? What did I do when not hunting monsters in MHW? What did I do when not fighting in Mortal Combat? In Assassin's Creed games - what did I do when not killing most everything that moves? Horizon Zero Dawn for PC showed me nothing really new, but it had a style and lore concept supported by a good story which entertained me. What did I do when not following the "compass carrot"?

If the story isn't any good in games, then one must enjoy the game play mechanics, otherwise why play games? Sometimes one or the other can carry a game, but it's nice if both are good and complement each other.

13 hours ago, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

Netrunner build that Fudgemuppet posted

I only quote this to bring up a point and am not replying personally to this post:

People whom spend time watching and learning from other peoples playthrough's and experience of a game are cheating themselves IMO. To explain - When I first got the game and started looking at all the slots, skills, and other things the game let's the player choose. I had no idea (and still don't, just a better understanding) of what it meant, what I could do, and what - is available/goes where? I feel part of enjoying a game is trying to figure out how it works and to jump right into a guide of any form cheats me out of any 'wonder' I may encounter when playing a game for the first time.

By looking at videos, or reading guides before finishing the game myself is just a big spoiler. Sure, once someone finishes a game and 'sees' how it works, what does and doesn't, then if wanting to replay - another point of view would be interesting. If one feels the need to go live off someone else's experiences and ingenuity, then go for it.

When someone is stuck at a part in a game, obviously your own sanity and patience level should dictate when it's right to stop and see 'how to do it'. Even checking some game 'facts' isn't bad - like 'what is max level', or other simple game mechanics which will influence how one goes about doing things which won't be apparent till many hours have been invested.

Not saying my way is right, but instead am curious why others would do this to themselves, especially in light of the idea of wanting a game to entertain us. A 'build' is like a puzzle, with many parts. How much fun is a puzzle when someone reads a step by step guide on how to complete it?

An extreme example would be watching speed running video's/tutorials before ever playing a game for the first time...... That would definitely kill any form of wonder or immersion.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that I have the game myself, I become more confused at the angst of many players since I'm not able to sympathize. (Besides the obvious issues with consoles (cough) or potato PC's)   > I guess one needed to grow up in a time when Space Invaders and Pacman was the best we had.

2 hours ago, 0wnyx said:

i never thought i would say this, but i am dropping cb... after like 30 hours, not because of bugs but because the game is bad... at first i fell for the backdrop world and rated the game like 9-10... but then realized the game is just to shallow for me to continue... when u dont plow through missions there is nothing for you to do. at this point its just a screenshot simulator. for now i just follow the game for mods... dont even care for fixes and patches anymore - i dont think most of the problems can be fixed anyway. 

Ya, but that also is how I think about every story based rpg game ever really. I am re-playing the story because the first time I didn't pay any attention but after that I will probably uninstall because I don't find much of the game to be interesting outside the missions. Shame that they spend so many resources on making open worlds so huge and pretty but then only put one game in them and then restrict the hell out of it.

59 minutes ago, landess said:

I'd like to know what you'd want to be doing when not doing missions or side quests?

upgrade cars, upgrade homes, play golf or other activities, or the most important thing... mess with the ai, which means either challange it or just observe how it behaves. every time there is a "hurdle" the ai has to take, it fails. notice how often the game wants you to immerse in the world by letting u sit in a car and have a convo with the ai who is driving on rails... this sums up the game perfectly... as long as u follow a narrow path dont look to far to the left or right, the game should be ok. however thats not enough for game that has such nice graphics like cb.

So, the game on PS4 is so broken that it has been removed from PS store and Sony is offering refunds no questions asked.

On PC too it seems bugs become more numerous as playtime increases.

What a shitshow this release has turned out to be for CDPR.

Were the christmas sales worth the reputation damage?

40 minutes ago, Aria said:

Looks like besides the story missions this is basically a bare bones looter shooter?

Large portions of the content seem to have been cut, the cyberware installation looks especially disappointing.

I completely missed this in my complaint earlier but you're right. Going to get cyberware and you literally just press a button in a menu and POP you have that now.

Literally no animation or anything. It's very weird and jarring.

6 hours ago, peculiaris said:

It was release or get the Share holders angry, who dumped the shares on the 9th anyways... Nobody could've won honestly.

False. They had plenty of time to implement global AI well WELL before hardware implemented quota and budgets, same for gear, loot, and vehicles. Those could have been wins hands down, and one the few at the end of the day critiques of Witcher 3 was not that there was just too much shit to do, it was that there was no reason to do it after you became a one swing 1800% crit damage machine other than to "power down" after getting home in essentially the same way long term Skyrim or even Warframe does.

77 goes the opposite direction with far far fewer quests with much more context and meat around the quest itself. The mechanics of the quests are essentially all the same five things, but this is what you're given, period.  But all of those are genuinely good and objectively engaging.  The problem everything that surrounds them is cardboard fluff, and the lack of AI just hammers this home in the hardest way possible. Oblivion has better AI, and Oblivion's AI is garbage-tier meme engine material.

A further compounding that is for everything cut, nothing of substance was added, which narrows down any player engagement to a hamster wheel, and because of that same loss of both depth and width, the tools that are left over are either almost worthless or completely overpowered with no room for build variance in between. Decking was cut in half and about a third of that half left can literally lock any opposition that isn't a scripted boss into utter uselessness. It's whiterun dual dagger smithing and use all over again, and the rank and file enemies have no counter to it.

The game was released too early, simple as, especially for consoles. It's also equally clear they had no idea what kind of game they actually wanted >from start to finish< until about three years ago, but actual implementation has likely only been occurring for two years.

EA gave BW two years to do ME3, and all they could get done with 400 people was one sphere of three-games-in refined combat and branching dialog. CDPR had 600 people and quarantine and tried to do a game with four spheres of agency in the same amount of time. Naw. Ain't happening. No amount of ultra impassioned 80 hour work weeks is gonna make that shit spontaneously magic itself into existence.

If they're smart they'll use their two scheduled expansion to make the world an actual world, and do so without promising or marketing jack shit. Add in the two missing classes, the missing attribute and the militech and human animal fusions they hinted at and call it good. If they're even smarter they'll take the MP and make it Me3mp with deus ex/r6 cyber fuckery before and after combat and fill a lucrative hole that's been around a while.

But given what they did at launch, if you're holding your breath you're just setting yourself up.

Apparently the devs aren't happy either. At least the leadership seems conciliatory instead of mass-layoffy. So far, at least.

Good point from one those devs though, quite ironic that a game about corporate exploitation was made with corporate exploitation :classic_laugh:

Well whatever, i'm still enjoying it. It is a good game. Maybe with patches and DLCs it may become great game. But i don't believe it can become a revolutionary game as many, apparently, expected.

Main problem is "there is no end game content". After you finish all jobs, all side quests there is nothing to do in the city but just drive around and punch random gangs. This is a big downfall for an open world game. I mean really what will we do? Restart? I strongly hope they must add dlc which gives something to continue things like random spawning missions, job calls ect. idk.

11 hours ago, 0wnyx said:

most important thing

Aye, thanks for replying and going into detail.

One more thing - could you give an example of one or more games that do most all the things you mention? As a PC player I get the feeling they may be console releases....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While I've mentioned a few things the game takes it's cues from, another movie slipped my mind. I consider it a great 'B' movie as it does most everything a 'AAA' movie does, just not as well, while having interesting world building and a cast of supporting/character/stunt actors whom get a chance to step up front for a change. I was surprised looking at the main actors credit to see one has a VO part for a named character in Cyberpunk 2077 - go figure.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438052/

19_midi.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 th?id=OIP.LpcVhlZpQsxH9tMQ3gGliAHaEK%26p

Spoiler

photomode_18122020_172124.png.e47793d4f5c44003afb81a0bd8660cde.pngphotomode_17122020_173950.png.ea7c826a627b4073eec0351c9a812da0.png