I have a question that is related to Violate, to get some ideas from everyone.

I've found that in the early levels of Survival, when HP is low and armour values are negligible, I get pretty regular occurrences of Violate. But at level 80 and up, my HP could get up to 1000 and more and with the higher armour values, even my slow reflexes would allow me to hit a stimpak in time to avoid being violated. What do you do to still get regular Violate triggers? I'd rather not have to raise the violation trigger to be at 70% to trigger violation. I prefer it happening more ... organically.

I'm thinking of slowing down or even stopping HP gain at higher levels. Do you run into this problem? Any mods you use that could fix this?

1 hour ago, Tanglin said:

I've found that in the early levels of Survival, when HP is low and armour values are negligible, I get pretty regular occurrences of Violate. But at level 80 and up, my HP could get up to 1000 and more and with the higher armour values, even my slow reflexes would allow me to hit a stimpak in time to avoid being violated. What do you do to still get regular Violate triggers? I'd rather not have to raise the violation trigger to be at 70% to trigger violation. I prefer it happening more ... organically.

I'm thinking of slowing down or even stopping HP gain at higher levels. Do you run into this problem? Any mods you use that could fix this?

TBH I've run into the same problem around L47, so basically I got rid of all my ballistic weave, though kept light combat armour for now. That seems to help but like Skyrim once you get past around L40 its really unbalanced as you become godlike. Bethesda are crap at game balance, you see the same thing with the economy, without some sort of gold sink you end up swimming in caps/septims if you carry on looting

2 hours ago, Tanglin said:

I made a few custom weapons and used level lists to give them to humans, but not every NPC will have one. Basically your PC can be 1 shot no matter the level. Very high levels, you "might" make it through getting hit in the arm/leg... once. LOL

Okay, so I got a question. Choosing the 'sex' option in the dialogue with enemies that surrendered to my female main character either results in error 3 or error 4.

Guess I just don't have animations installed that have the correct combination of tags.

But what I'm wondering about is this here (error 3):

image.png

It says FF even though this is a guy (I doublechecked by using the sexchange command on him, he grew boobies afterwards).

And I get this even though I chose the treat males as male option in the MCM settings.

image.png

So is the message just wrong and it works correctly under the hood?

@EgoBallistic

To give you the full picture:

If I use the other option I get another warning that there are no animations matching the tag requirements (error 4).

Not a lot of stuff out there that matches this combination of tags and excluded tags:

image.png

This is unfortunate. Guess I'll just kill them in the future.

9 hours ago, Tanglin said:

I don't rely on auto-surrender. I bind a surrender hotkey (mapped to a controller button since I play with a controller most of the time), and so can use that even if my health is not particularly low.

Another good option I like to pair it with is Combat Strip Lite, so as you take hits your armor/clothing start to get unequipped, at which point you should likely take damage much faster: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5275-combat-strip-lite-1262020/

I also play with the Extreme Survival Overrides add-on for AN2 set up so that enemies are a lot more deadly, and that seems to help: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41850

56 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

@EgoBallistic

If I use the other option I get another warning that there are no animations matching the tag requirements (error 4).

Not a lot of stuff out there that matches this combination of tags and excluded tags:

image.png

The messages you've gotten seem sane and explanatory (if somewhat immersion-breaking). It looks like this is an effect of you running with Static's Script Tweaks. Quoting from its file description, "Surrendered enemies will only give sex with "Mistress" and "Master" tags (So they don't take control during the animation)."

Also Ego's gone last I heard, see the note at the top of the AAF Violate file description (as well as any others of his): "2020/10/18: I will no longer be updating or supporting these mods.  The code is free for anyone to do with as they like."

11 hours ago, Tanglin said:

If you haven't already, try making sure that crippled limbs cause you to surrender, I find that happens more often than low health at higher levels.  Also, since you are playing on survival mode, you can use the Survival Options mod to increase the damage scaling across the board.

12 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Okay, so I got a question. Choosing the 'sex' option in the dialogue with enemies that surrendered to my female main character either results in error 3 or error 4.

Guess I just don't have animations installed that have the correct combination of tags.

But what I'm wondering about is this here (error 3):

image.png

It says FF even though this is a guy (I doublechecked by using the sexchange command on him, he grew boobies afterwards).

And I get this even though I chose the treat males as male option in the MCM settings.

image.png

@EgoBallistic

image.png

I don't get any warnings, but my followers kill them in an augenblik.......LOL. Soon as I hit the E key, BAM! They are dead. Apparently, my women are insanely jealous?

:joy:

14 hours ago, kharita said:

@EgoBallistic do you accept donations for this mod? You've put so much work into it, and have given so much to the community here! I'd love to give something back to you. :)

Sadly it appears Ego has quit the LL modding scene. All of his mods state he's ended support on October the 18th, and his last post was on the same day too. It's a terrible shame, his support for AAF by bringing forward mods like Violate, Sex Em Up, Family Planning etc. and fixing so many bugs was huge. ?

3 hours ago, BustyArgonianMaid said:
18 hours ago, kharita said:

@EgoBallistic do you accept donations for this mod? You've put so much work into it, and have given so much to the community here! I'd love to give something back to you. :)

Sadly it appears Ego has quit the LL modding scene. All of his mods state he's ended support on October the 18th, and his last post was on the same day too. It's a terrible shame, his support for AAF by bringing forward mods like Violate, Sex Em Up, Family Planning etc. and fixing so many bugs was hug

However, he also provided the source and indicates anyone is welcome to continue development on successors/replacements using it. Maybe whoever picks up working on a new Violate substitute based on his prior work would be willing to accept donations for what they do with it.

10 hours ago, BustyArgonianMaid said:

Sadly it appears Ego has quit the LL modding scene. All of his mods state he's ended support on October the 18th, and his last post was on the same day too. It's a terrible shame, his support for AAF by bringing forward mods like Violate, Sex Em Up, Family Planning etc. and fixing so many bugs was huge. ?

Wow, that really sucks. I was wondering why he hadn't posted in a while. Hope his personal life is going ok. His contributions have been huge, and I found his code some of the best written of any F4 modders.

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

However, he also provided the source and indicates anyone is welcome to continue development on successors/replacements using it. Maybe whoever picks up working on a new Violate substitute based on his prior work would be willing to accept donations for what they do with it.

True, that's good to know. Personally, Violate is in a pretty good place feature-wise for me. It's just that there are so many conflicts and issues between LL mods, and every new patch breaks things some more.

I know how to write code myself, but there are so many factors about F4/LL modding that make it more different and difficult to regular programming...

7 hours ago, kharita said:

I know how to write code myself, but there are so many factors about F4/LL modding that make it more different and difficult to regular programming...

Not to mention that different moders do things differently, and not always correctly. EgoBallistic is, in my book, the Top Dog on LL.

On 12/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, izzyknows said:

Not to mention that different moders do things differently, and not always correctly. EgoBallistic is, in my book, the Top Dog on LL.

He was. I've looked at his code, thinking of taking over for him. It is pretty self-explanatory, but still just getting my feet wet in the mod scene. It is pretty solid as it is, not much would need to be done to maintain it and keep it active.

It's been on my mind since I found an issue I would like to resolve. There is a group of 4 Raider near Sanctuary under a power line tower with a dog. I have dog sex turned off in Violate and I installed no dog animations.

But I don't think Violate checks the race after you have surrendered. The dog is in the list of violators and gets to take a turn on your character too. But, AAF can't find an animation to play so it aborts. This causes Violate to reinstate everyone's original factions and the raiders attack your character again.

So I am thinking of making a check with the violator and the MCM settings for said violators race and if not allowed, skip this one and go on to the next one.

That shouldn't be too difficult to do.

2 hours ago, Malphias said:

But I don't think Violate checks the race after you have surrendered. The dog is in the list of violators and gets to take a turn on your character too. But, AAF can't find an animation to play so it aborts. This causes Violate to reinstate everyone's original factions and the raiders attack your character again.

Interesting.. I have them turned off too, but have no issues. Maybe because I never removed the dog animations? Dunno... never looked at the Violate code, Commonwealth Captives I've "tweaked" the shit out of though. LOL

4 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Interesting.. I have them turned off too, but have no issues. Maybe because I never removed the dog animations? Dunno... never looked at the Violate code, Commonwealth Captives I've "tweaked" the shit out of though. LOL

Perhaps, just seems to be the matches the conditions. Right now I'm tweaking all the animations so I have them all installed. Maybe I'll hit up those raiders for a quick fuck and see what happens if I have the animations, but have dogs turned off in AAF Violate.

3 hours ago, Malphias said:

Perhaps, just seems to be the matches the conditions. Right now I'm tweaking all the animations so I have them all installed. Maybe I'll hit up those raiders for a quick fuck and see what happens if I have the animations, but have dogs turned off in AAF Violate.

Oh.. not saying that's not how it's working for you. I see folks post bugs/issues all the time that I don't have or can't replicate. There are waaaaay to many variables that effect things in some very odd ways. Like right now I'm running SKK 4-76 Open World.. which causes a shit ton of weird issues with other mods. LOL

55 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Oh.. not saying that's not how it's working for you. I see folks post bugs/issues all the time that I don't have or can't replicate. There are waaaaay to many variables that effect things in some very odd ways. Like right now I'm running SKK 4-76 Open World.. which causes a shit ton of weird issues with other mods. LOL

No doubt, got 168 of them myself.

Hi everyone!  Since Flashy had left LL, RSE II: CSA effectively abandoned and not supported, I was wondering if anyone knew how Violate would work with JoeR's supported Crime & Punishment?  CAP has the same mechanics built in as CSA, but I'm presuming Violate's CSA integration wouldn't work if CAP is installed instead.  Or does it?  Similarly, would the two mods clash if auto-surrender is enabled in CAP?

2 hours ago, OlBenny said:

Hi everyone!  Since Flashy had left LL, RSE II: CSA effectively abandoned and not supported, I was wondering if anyone knew how Violate would work with JoeR's supported Crime & Punishment?  CAP has the same mechanics built in as CSA, but I'm presuming Violate's CSA integration wouldn't work if CAP is installed instead.  Or does it?  Similarly, would the two mods clash if auto-surrender is enabled in CAP?

I'm no expert, but before EgoBallistic left he pointed out that Flashy hasn't made a CAP interface available for other mods like Violate to talk to. So there's no integration, and such integration wouldn't be possible without changes to CAP as well.

So yes, there'll be likely conflicts if both have auto surrender. I'd suggest having one with auto surrender and use the other with manual surrender. I've been thinking of doing just that to try out CAP - manual surrender for CAP and auto for Violate.

BTW although CSA isn't supported, I've been using it with Violate without major issues for a while. (Sometimes when in an abduction situation, NPCs get stuck walking towards me and the animation never plays or times out. Not 100% sure if this is CSA though. AAF gets so complicated!)

12 hours ago, kharita said:

I'm no expert, but before EgoBallistic left he pointed out that Flashy hasn't made a CAP interface available for other mods like Violate to talk to. So there's no integration, and such integration wouldn't be possible without changes to CAP as well.

So yes, there'll be likely conflicts if both have auto surrender. I'd suggest having one with auto surrender and use the other with manual surrender. I've been thinking of doing just that to try out CAP - manual surrender for CAP and auto for Violate.

BTW although CSA isn't supported, I've been using it with Violate without major issues for a while. (Sometimes when in an abduction situation, NPCs get stuck walking towards me and the animation never plays or times out. Not 100% sure if this is CSA though. AAF gets so complicated!)

Thanks kharita.  I figured as much; and I'm sure it was probably a silly question, but I just wanted to make sure.  So, thank you for that.  Indeed, I'm going to put CAP as manual and let Violate auto surrender.

As for your issue, indeed, that is odd.  You might want to check your walk_timeout setting in your AAF_settings.ini and make sure that's not -1.

Hello there lads, I've been running into an issue that I can't really find a fix for online. Since I have a troublesome time explaining exactly what's going on. I figured I'd just show what's going on here. I have all the required mods installed and installed correctly. But for what ever reason this issue keeps happening. I'm not sure if I should send my load order and PC specs as I dunno how helpful those would be. If you can't tell, this is my first time asking for help on this sorta ordeal. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

23 hours ago, Nimda64 said:

Hello there lads, I've been running into an issue that I can't really find a fix for online. Since I have a troublesome time explaining exactly what's going on. I figured I'd just show what's going on here. I have all the required mods installed and installed correctly. But for what ever reason this issue keeps happening. I'm not sure if I should send my load order and PC specs as I dunno how helpful those would be. If you can't tell, this is my first time asking for help on this sorta ordeal. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

More would be helpful, but offhand it looks like you haven't installed any animation packs or any animation packs that include the "Aggressive" tags. Have you installed Savage Cabbages animations? He has a fair amount involving Super Mutants.  You didn't crash and the scene got 'started' but also concluded right away without playing any actual animation, as far as the mod is concerned, everything went as planned. Have you ever opened AAF in-game to see what it says under it's different tabs?  It doesn't look like AAF aborted but, it also didn't find any animation to play.