Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Highly unlikely, generally Nexus admin/staff don't take an interest in where users go or what they do unless they are directly causing grief to Nexus.

so you know this first hand...ponders

No but if you can point me a ban that lists 'visiting a website we don't like' as the reason, infact I don't seem to recall seeing that rule on any forum.

Highly unlikely, generally Nexus admin/staff don't take an interest in where users go or what they do unless they are directly causing grief to Nexus.

so you know this first hand...ponders

No but if you can point me a ban that lists 'visiting a website we don't like' as the reason, infact I don't seem to recall seeing that rule on any forum.

Nobody said the reason they put on the forums is the reason they had for banning you. They could easily accuse you of anything from pirating any game in existence, to (most conveniently) disrespecting an admin through private messaging.

I've been a member of the Nexus for 6 months now, and I haven't been banned. I swear it! I've even posted, and stuff. Somehow, someway I've managed to remain unnoticed (apparently) for half a year! Is there an award for that? I feel like I'm setting some kind of record! Hell, I may even make it a full year! I know I'm setting the bar a bit high, but you gotta reach for the skies!

If I make it a whole, entire year, I'm expecting the Nobel Peace Prize! I'll throw a party and everything.

It's so hard to resist the urge to go to Nexus and post a message in the general section saying Lover's Lab! Lover's Lab! Lover's Lab! Lover's Lab!, only to watch it change to (site not allowed) (site not allowed) (site not allowed) (site not allowed) :D LL hatin' bastards.

The NMM was acting up all day, saying I had to log in (which I DID. Wouldn't work!), and all day yesterday I got a stupid 504 Gateway Error because the Nexus is just always on the fritz. Why do I have to log into the bullshit Nexus just to use NMM!? I'll find the updates myself, thank you very much! Don't do me any favors N-E-X-U-S

tumblr_l97w6nLHYM1qzw8c6.gif

According to the Nexus I have been on there since March 2007, so I guess that's pretty good. Haven't been banned yet. :D I don't post a lot like some people do though. I just download my mods and get the hell out. I've posted a few images but nothing special. People don't seem to like my images anyway because I don't use ridiculous ENB's with crazy ass contrast that looks like shit.

There's a very good reason I never post in the Nexus forums, rarely comment on mods unless I have a specific question or comment, and avoid the imageshare like the anime-infested clique-driven cesspool of shit and false senses of superiority it is.  I'm constantly surprised to see anyone getting banned at all because that suggests you haven't realized that participation in Nexus beyond downloading and the occasional endorsement or question is a terrible idea.

anime-infested

This happens when Famitsu awards Skyrim a perfect score, so you have crossovers from Final Fantasy, you have school uniforms and swords, but no fucking chocobo mounts. Besides, in Nex there's more noisy bigoted loremongers and illiterates than animu and mango otaku, who'd rather be playing an MMO, a visual novel or Touhou.

This sheeple mentality in Nex is why Halo packed up his mods -- including the Poser mods -- and have gone indie.

anime-infested

This happens when Famitsu awards Skyrim a perfect score, so you have crossovers from Final Fantasy, you have school uniforms and swords, but no fucking chocobo mounts. Besides, in Nex there's more noisy bigoted loremongers and illiterates than animu and mango otaku, who'd rather be playing an MMO, a visual novel or Touhou.

You should see OblivionNexus now. Basically everything put out for it is anachronistic bullshit, obvious anime bullshit, or DMRA BBB outfits influenced by anime bullshit. I think the loremongers are mostly inhabiting SkyNex now. I say that being a bit of a loremonger myself, but not so ignorant or malevolent of one that I'd go around bashing peoples' work in their own release threads. I'm just not going to waste my time commenting on something I won't download, because that's just rude. That's kind of the basis of modding - I'm entitled to my treatment of the game as much as you are of yours. No matter how stupid I think yours is, I have no real right to make fun of it on your own turf.

I mean seriously. How dumb would someone look going around to lore-friendly/immersive mods and saying:

"This is dumb because the female protagonist's hair isn't bright pink and male protagonist isn't effeminate enough. And don't get me started on how lame that armor is - where are the glowing lines or the impossibly intricate layout of metal plates, leather, and bare skin? But worst of all - worst of all - your elves are respectful to the original game's art design! That's atrocious! They should look like humans but with point ears and impossibly pretty to boot!"

Because that's exactly what it looks like when a loremonger goes around to anime mods trying to tell them why their mod is terrible.  It's just pissing in the wind.

Then if that's your attitude towards a fringe portion of pop culture and you feel it cheapened and tarnished the supposed purity of the game, I know what to do. And I am afraid to say that, as long as there's an audience for it and we have cross-pollination of design influences across the Pacific, anime-inspired themes applied on mods will remain in modding culture for a long time.

Furthermore, I respect players' wishes to customize their Skyrim with the look and functionality they want, even if it appears visually offending and/or "not lore-friendly" to me. Heck, even I have to respect Jerbs' desire for huge bosoms on his character, because that's what makes him entertained and gives the incentive to keep Skyrim installed on his PC. 

This is why we're here in this fora: we're outcasts, misfits, deviants or outlaws from a mainstream site that is clearly a victim of its own popularity.

We are what we play. Here and now, we are supposed to be respectful of each other and the desires we harbor and enjoy, when there's no more respect and sincerity in Nex.

anime-infested

in Nex there's more noisy bigoted loremongers and illiterates than animu and mango otaku, who'd rather be playing an MMO, a visual novel or Touhou.

As a malevolent loremonger myself, I don't see too many of my kind on nexus, and the number of lore stuff (especially clothing and armor mods) in comparison with desudesu crap speaks for itself.

I don't play MMO's, visual novels or "Touho" - whatever the hell it is.

Then if that's your attitude towards a fringe portion of pop culture and you feel it cheapened and tarnished the supposed purity of the game, I know what to do.

It's not about one's "attitude towards a portion of pop culture" in general. I love "Cowbody Bebop", "Ghost in the Shell", I'm a huge fan of "Berserk" and many old jRPGs (Suikoden II, Xenogears, FFVII, etc.) are among my favourite games. I just don't want this portion of pop culture in Skyrim or any other western game, because there it looks stupid and totally out of place. I started to avoid watching anime exclusively after modding for Oblivion, as I grown to loathe its infantile, manchild audience.

I am afraid to say that, as long as there's an audience for it and we have cross-pollination of design influences across the Pacific, anime-inspired themes applied on mods will remain in modding culture for a long time.

There's an audience for a lot of things of arguable quality.

Furthermore, I respect players' wishes to customize their Skyrim with the look and functionality they want, even if it appears visually offending and/or "not lore-friendly" to me.

Vocalizing your thoughts is a part of being a free individual. At the same time it makes you a part of a grup of people that share similar believes, and that group is what can make a difference, even despite being only a "vocal minority". Staying silent about something means your're one step farther from having things the way you want it, and since I feel "visually offended" and deeply distasted by the fact that modding became infested with lolis and mangaloid facial features, I don't see a reason for being respectful towards this trend. You don't seem to be very respectful towards lore likers either - vide loremongers or your signature. You're being as respectful, as far your own belief goes.

That being said, I don't think that striving for a hivemind model of community, where everybody kkk's each other and don't dare to disagree, is a good thing - it's exactly what Nexus is doing. Not to mention that lack of conflicting ideas is simply boring.

outlaws from a mainstream

Manga and anime are quite mainstream actually, it's not 90′s anymore.

Seeing more and more posts lately that belong in the rant thread.

Staying silent about something means you're one step farther from having things the way you want it...

I'm not sure how you can treat Modding as a service.  If you aren't willing to take the game and modify if the way you see fit, as others do, then there is no point in getting upset about it, honestly. I can't think of reasonable method of getting someone to stop whatever is it is that they've done, and start doing what YOU want to them to do. Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me.

Nobody said the reason they put on the forums is the reason they had for banning you. They could easily accuse you of anything from pirating any game in existence, to (most conveniently) disrespecting an admin through private messaging.

I don't think they do that though otherwise I would have been booted from Nexus long ago lol

I'm not sure how you can treat Modding as a service.

I don't remember ever demanding or even expecting anything from any modder. If I want something to be done I try to do it myself first, rarely make a polite request if it's beyond my reach.

How's exactly expressing my disfavour tantamount to a demand? I don't buy EA products but still call them on their shit on every occasion, just to express my disapproval towards specific practices and to identify with other gamers who share my thoughts.

a flame war

You are yet to see a flame war if you think this is one.

anime-infested

in Nex there's more noisy bigoted loremongers and illiterates than animu and mango otaku, who'd rather be playing an MMO, a visual novel or Touhou.

As a malevolent loremonger myself, I don't see too many of my kind on nexus, and the number of lore stuff (especially clothing and armor mods) in comparison with desudesu crap speaks for itself.

I don't play MMO's, visual novels or "Touho" - whatever the hell it is.

Then if that's your attitude towards a fringe portion of pop culture and you feel it cheapened and tarnished the supposed purity of the game, I know what to do.

It's not about one's "attitude towards a portion of pop culture" in general. I love "Cowbody Bebop", "Ghost in the Shell", I'm a huge fan of "Berserk" and many old jRPGs (Suikoden II, Xenogears, FFVII, etc.) are among my favourite games. I just don't want this portion of pop culture in Skyrim or any other western game, because there it looks stupid and totally out of place. I started to avoid watching anime exclusively after modding for Oblivion, as I grown to loathe its infantile, manchild audience.

I am afraid to say that, as long as there's an audience for it and we have cross-pollination of design influences across the Pacific, anime-inspired themes applied on mods will remain in modding culture for a long time.

There's an audience for a lot of things of arguable quality.

Furthermore, I respect players' wishes to customize their Skyrim with the look and functionality they want, even if it appears visually offending and/or "not lore-friendly" to me.

Vocalizing your thoughts is a part of being a free individual. At the same time it makes you a part of a grup of people that share similar believes, and that group is what can make a difference, even despite being only a "vocal minority". Staying silent about something means your're one step farther from having things the way you want it, and since I feel "visually offended" and deeply distasted by the fact that modding became infested with lolis and mangaloid facial features, I don't see a reason for being respectful towards this trend. You don't seem to be very respectful towards lore likers either - vide loremongers or your signature. You're being as respectful, as far your own belief goes.

That being said, I don't think that striving for a hivemind model of community, where everybody kkk's each other and don't dare to disagree, is a good thing - it's exactly what Nexus is doing. Not to mention that lack of conflicting ideas is simply boring.

outlaws from a mainstream

Manga and anime are quite mainstream actually, it's not 90′s anymore.

You are free to make a thread lore-friendly vs anime stuff (I will glady answer all your points there) but please avoid polluting posts that are not related to the subject no matter how hard you want your opinion voiced.

You are obviously trolling for the pleasure of trolling you can do that as much as you want on your blog linked in your sig but doing that here wont bring you many friends.

Okay I just saw the other images in Xanshio's set, so it wasn't the main image which was linked here that would have caused the deletion but the other's which were probably linked in the description which are far more revealing. Not saying I agree or disagree with the action taken but it's been known for a while now what will get you into hot water with the staff there.

Excuse me, but I'm not even the one who started this discussion.

Yeah, that was my bad. I got disastrously off-topic.  >_<  My original point was that it's amazing people still participate in Nexus considering what an obvious bad idea that is, and I kinda should have left it at that.

Whoops.

Okay I just saw the other images in Xanshio's set, so it wasn't the main image which was linked here that would have caused the deletion but the other's which were probably linked in the description which are far more revealing. Not saying I agree or disagree with the action taken but it's been known for a while now what will get you into hot water with the staff there.

Thank you for your time, Victoria, but if they were the reason of my ban or not, I don't care anymore.

One of the moderators was too kind to take my final request, and he/she removed all my mods and images from Skyrim Nexus. I'm still figuring out where I'll make my new "base of operations". I'll probably create a website, like most of the banned modders do.

I want to thank everyone who supported me so far. So, thank you so much, guys.

I'll let you guys know about my new projects on my thread, here, about SEG Daedric Armor, or my Flickr or my DeviantART. I'll probably create some other places later (like a Facebook page or a Tumblr).

Anyways, cheers, everyone!!  :lol:

The Mad God

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:04 PM
The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• photo-268.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,735 posts
Getting banned from the nexus is a right of passage here, be proud! :D

Those are great comics btw, I really enjoyed reading them :). I didn't find using that word as offensive in the slightest (I'm not homosexual myself, but I dislike homophobes"). Please post your art here freely, I'm sure we'd love to see more :)

Yup. ;)

So i've been wondering, is getting banned from Nexus a rite of passage or something? 

The people running the nexus are getting a little extreme when it comes to handing out bans most of the times it seems like people are getting banned for stupid things that wouldn't warrant a banning. 

It's exhilerating to jump on the Nexus! Will I be banned, or won't I? Maybe I'll even POST! :ph34r: Naw, maybe next time...(lol right?)

Follow the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything".

You follow that rule you will be safe. I have been a member since 2008. No warnings, no messages, and no problems.

Uploading that is a different matter. I can't speak to the many people that have been banned for unloading things that can and have been uploaded elsewhere.

For the record I haven't been banned yet (un)fortunately as I only use my account to download stuff. Apparently a wise move on my part as I had no idea until I came across this thread how insane the Nexus mods are.  :-/

That said I have been following this thread for some time and some of the reasons for the bannings are pretty hilarious.

Archived