Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Really funny pictures, why they will ever ban you for saying "gay" is beyond me. Obviously it was a joke and nothing offensive but like always, Nexus moderators never think outside the box.

Sometimes I'm scared of posting suggestions or constructive criticizing as maybe authors will find that as an attack rather than feedback.

Ever dl'd Tropical Skyrim? You'll be waiting all day long. The speed only goes really fast every once-in-a-while. Definitely not because of my comp.

Managed to download it in less than 2 hours. I preferred downloading manually because I can pick what server I want to get my files from.

Rayblue, on 21 Sept 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

AwfulArchdemon, on 20 Sept 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Ever dl'd Tropical Skyrim? You'll be waiting all day long. The speed only goes really fast every once-in-a-while. Definitely not because of my comp.

Managed to download it in less than 2 hours. I preferred downloading manually because I can pick what server I want to get my files from.

It just depends. I've dl'd the same thing twice before. Dl'd 1 day, then again the next day. 2 very different speeds each time. One took 15 minutes, one took 3 seconds. Also, posting is a nightmare on Nexus. More than once I've typed a big-ass paragraph, only to get a site error when I clicked "add reply". I had to type it all over again. I never get stupid errors like that here. In fact, the only error I got here was that 504/404 bs, and that is very rare, and it happens to everyone at once, whereas Nexus gives that problem out like candy on Halloween. Drives me nuts! I think it happens every day, and more than once a day. "Bad Gateway"? More like bad site management! And how many servers could they need? There are a lot of them already. The answer to everything they have going on can't be add more servers. Pretty soon they'll have like a hundred of them. If you go there, it's a good idea to dl as many things as possible while it's still functioning right, because you may not be able to get anything the next day, or even an hour later.

weaselheart

Hi bud I'm afraid i'm with the group that says dumping on somebody just ain't necessary..  Also you got back on then challenged the moderator - administrator to IP ban you which leads me to believe you didn't want the account anyway.  the nexus is a funny place they really don't want the general public to know that the most downloaded group of mods is the nude sex and skimpy armor.  Also your flying up in their face and giving the moderator shit hell you told him to ban you and he did I would have too those guys I believe are mostly volunteers and challenging them is just dumb.  I thought a lot of your comic was funny but i also found some of it offensive,  but I could say the same thing about some things here at the Loverslab but that's okay I just mosey on because this site is about freedom of expression.. a quantity that is getting to be in short supply in this country. 

The nexus really ain't about that hell I've noticed you can get points off just for mentioning the lab here and that is to bad because several times i've wanted to refer people here for help with their mods because there are a lot of people who will collaberate with on code or sending you to the right info that you are seeking.  Hell no mod sites have "what mod is this"  here their is thousands of pages.  But just because people here are tolerrent don't mean they will jump in for you its yur attitude not your art........  yikes that went on way too long i'm outta here 

Comic's= Really Funny, i ha a good laugh over them.

Nexus= Play nice you wont get banned, simpe as that. Ive seen Shit tons of "Mods" if i would call them that appear on the nexus leaving me asking myself  W...T...F was that shit. but just nosey on past and leave it at that, I somtimes read through the ban forum, some of the reasons for banning are sooooo funny. like the one i had just read. Some guy threatened a moderator and author  :wacko: And said "Ill get the ... on to you. BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!, What a fuckin idiot. 

Ive also been threatened by some idiot. Told me that he would rain the Fury of the American Military force upon my home and hunt an kill myself and my family.

Pfft.

Still Waiting.......

So all in all. 

DONT DO STUPID SHIT KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN. 

You then should'nt have any problems their.

Ah ah!
Well, in my case the jerk is me too.
I deserved the ban, nothing to say on that, but I didn't like the public insult by a moderator & Admin into my ban-screen (which I couldn't reply).
So I asked to remove my files to upload them on another webspace.

Here my motivations:

from: http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/about-my-banning-on-nexus/

“…It’s not a problem. I (as a lot of other modders/users on Nexus in truth) have broken their laws, so It’s in their own right banning me. No discussion on that.

Anyway, when The Vampire Dante Admin banned me, I discovered some surprising things:

1) The Vampire Dante wrote me a public offense (“stupid, stupid man”) that I couldn’t reply;
2) Nexus wanted to still keep my mods on line, without giving me (as banned) the possibility to update them and supporting my users (a popular mod not supported and not updated for long time may create issues to his users);
3) I had only one shot to comunicate with Nexus Staff, where I had to apologize (maybe pray?) to be unbanned.

Well, dude, I have no problem to admit my faults, but I don’t like to pray a person (a “moderator” & “Administrator”) who insulted me to be (perhaps) unbanned.
Moreover, I don’t like to be part of a system that makes money with my (and thousand of other modder) creations (because Nexus is a commercial enterprise), that may instant banning me but keeping my work to make money on his own.

So…

1) I wrote to Nexus Staff (“The Vampire Dante” again) clearly admitting my faults.
2) I specified that I felt offended by the public insult embedded into the “personal note”
3) I asked the courtesy to Nexus Staff to delete my mods from Nexus, explaining that a popular mod without support may be dangerous for player saves with time passing.

But, knowing as the Community of Skyrim players loves and uses my creations, I decided to spend a lot of time to update and to reupload my mods into a new free web space where I may support and work on them again. Here: http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/

So Nexus has lost, FOR MY FAULT, this stuff:

“E.R.S.O.”
(5th mod of the Month March 2013 – about 1,400 endorsements – 100,000+ downloads)
“Enhanced Mighty Dragons”
(2nd mod of the Month April 2013 – about 1,800 endorsements – 90,000+ downloads)
“Enhanced Enemy AI
(1st mod of the Month June 2013 – about 2,100 endorsements – 110,000+ downloads)
“Lord of the Dead”
(about 400 endorsements and 30,000+ downloads)
“Skyrim NPC Overhaul”
(about 400 endorsements and 25,000+ downloads)

Moreover, Nexus has lost a (stupid, stupid) modder who has spent more than 4,000 hours between modding, replying to comments, supporting players and other modders on Nexus for about two years (from may 2011 to august 2013) and who was one of few enough known modders who gave to Nexus the full exclusivity for his works.

My mods are still life, and after a month of oblivion, now my players know where finding uploads and support to them.

All are happy.

Who hates Erkeil may tease, reproach and/or insult him and feeling good.
Who loves Nexus may tease, reproach and/or insult Erkeil and feeling good.
But who loves and/or uses Erkeil creations may still use them, being supported and helped… and feeling good too!

At the end, I’m more happy as free and less stressed indipendent modder than a no-payed and Skyrim addicted Nexus employee.

Yeah, stupid, stupid man.

Well, stupid but happy and free modder now.

Cheers.

Erkeil

Mr. "The" Vampire Dante seems to be a 30 years old scottish man that, I suspect (may be not), It's very excited for his role...

Guest carywinton

That's some really great and entertaining work, your artistic ability is far better than you may realize. As to the Nexus and it's seemingly ridiculous policies that appear to be "invented" on a near daily basis, their time is coming very soon. I happen to know, but cannot disclose, a class action suit is forming on them, should be interesting to watch and see what happens, if anything.

On the subject of IP Banning, unless you are a static IP address holder , like me through ARIN or some other agency, it is likely your IP address is "dynamic" not "static. What this means is, by simply turning off your modem, waiting 15-30 seconds or so and turning it back on again, you now have a new IP Address which will be different than your previous one. If Nexus is attempting to do IP Address banning, they would have to cover the entire address sub net or (span), that might make quite a few ISP's, Telco's, RBOC's, etc., quite angry, wouldn't you think? Oh wait did I just hear a cat get out of a bag? Meow~

Hello Erkeil!

I do not mean to be a pain, but I really would like to know what made you do what you did on the Nexus. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you being here now and telling what happened, I just want to know why you wanted to push your endorsements. Your mods were amongst the most popular on the Nexus.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're back here. I especially like your no-script approach when it comes to overhauls.

Regards,

Ratrace

@Maybenexttime

Thanks a lot!

@carywinton

Thanks! ... uh, a class action! Really? :huh:

@ratrace

Well.. I'm not so crazy and fuzzy as people has painted me (and this is funny). Anyway, you may find a part (not whole) of the answer at the end of explanation (see under spoiler) above.

:rolleyes:

On the subject of IP Banning, unless you are a static IP address holder , like me through ARIN or some other agency, it is likely your IP address is "dynamic" not "static. What this means is, by simply turning off your modem, waiting 15-30 seconds or so and turning it back on again, you now have a new IP Address which will be different than your previous one. If Nexus is attempting to do IP Address banning, they would have to cover the entire address sub net or (span), that might make quite a few ISP's, Telco's, RBOC's, etc., quite angry, wouldn't you think? Oh wait did I just hear a cat get out of a bag? Meow~

Would masking the IPs do anything? Also, I found an odd situation some time ago (forgot which mod I was looking through) that an administrator would actually ban someone who just posted once, claiming that the poster is actually a black-listed account. The post isn't offensive either, at least not to me. Not sure whether it's because Nexus really found out, a pure shot in the dark or just hysterical mentality taking over. I think the admin goes by the initial of LM. Is there any program that can trace the entry right down to the access terminal cause even if the IP does change, the access point remains the same.

Guest carywinton

@ mkprovince

The technique of "masking" your IP Address is really using a "proxy" server to broadcast or provide another IP Address that is not your real one, in essence, a fake IP address. I have heard of a "masking" technique that is supposed to, in theory, blank out the last four digits of your IP Address, known as an "Octet". But I have never seen this actually work in a real world scenario.

Now on to this "LM" character, makes me think of a ladies television network by that designation, hysterical, I think he is blowing smoke out of some orifice. To monitor a per port basis for a trigger or flag for one user when their are probably hundreds of thousands accessing you at once would be ridiculously difficult and a total waste of manpower and time, I doubt they have that much time over there to do it or the manpower required, not to mention the necessary skills and knowledge. The "access point" as you referred to it is probably in actuality the "by port basis" I referred to earlier. You can set up rules, called ACL's (Access Control Lists) to help you in this kind of administration nightmare, and automation scripts , like in WS Script or similar, but there again, you would still have to "parse" this data so it could be disseminated (analyzed).

Unless a person has a static IP Address (s) like me , it would be also extremely difficult to track them, because their IP address is handed out over DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) by their ISP or carrier, so the results you would get would be them, not the "hardly" offensive user.

To "trace" a "hardly" offensive user there are many methods, like "ping" , "nslookup" and actual programs written for port sniffing and such, but there again, due to the very nature of how the Internet is setup, DHCP, DNS, etc. you will probably only get as far as the carriers equipment, not the actual destination you want.

Well I hope this helped you get a small view of the great big wide world of the Web and maybe see how some of it works, it gets far more complicated than this with sometimes ridiculous terminology to remember and put into practice.

The problem with the Nexus is that they are fighting an unstoppable plague.  It's an army.  It's an absolutely catastrophic Armageddon-wielding army of TROLLS.  Here is what falls under the category of the evil trolls:

1.  People with strong opinions.  They're a threat.  Ban them.

2.  People who discuss topics I'm not comfortable with.  They're cyber-anarchists and will take down our community.  Ban them.

3.  People who bring criticism towards others.  There is only good in the world.  Ban them.

Here's the most illusive part of this gang of cyber-terrorists.  They don't exist.  The nexus family of sites got famous because the other mod sites either got unlucky or came after mods were polarized towards the Nexus.  You'd think they'd take this success and be as non-intrusive as they possibly could, but they've done the opposite.  They ban anything they like, Dark0ne justifies his lack of interest in policing his staff by bringing up anecdotal situations and slippery slope logical fallacies, and a huge chunk of the potential community the Nexus could've had is either IP banned, uninterested, or too intimidated to speak.

The censorship of mods, images, and chat has gotten so bad that the only people left participating in the community are either people who have something interesting and critical to say about some unique topic and will be banned momentarily, or masochistic pseudo-intellectuals talking about how their dog makes funny noises when they fart.  There is no interesting conversation; if it involves politics, religion, mods from other sites, anything that annoys the moderators (and that's a lot of things), suggestions, or, *gasp* CRITICISM! (which is another word for ANARCHY), you're gonna get banned.

It's the reason why the Nexus community comment threads, chat, and forums are filled with a bunch of self-loathing apologists.  They're the only ones left who think it's justified to ban someone for life from a service over minor disagreements.  The irony is that they, too, will likely be banned one day for saying "fuck" in chat.  Yes, because, believe it or not, the fear behind that is that there might be young teenagers in chat.  Because they never swear.  

They're living in a dream world. 

God, it sounds like Singapore..LOL !

@carywinton

Now, that's some explanation there. Thanks for that. Also, I remember some thing just now about what LM posted. He/She mentioned that if the poster had just remained anonymous (not posting), then they wouldn't have noticed. Could it be a cookie of some sort from the poster's end? Usually, when we post something (like what we're doing on LL now), what information would be sent to the database? Maybe the Nexus tracks the accounts through this sort of sent data?

Archived