Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Banhammer - Weapon of the giants. LOL. Weapon of the sad and lifeless, more like it. Just to drive that point home:

Lisnpuppy
Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

The One and Only Goddess of the Nexus

Staff

Pretentious much? I laughed so hard at that that I spit my coffee all over my desk.

Staff? Really? They get paid? What are the odds (I am saying about 87%) that not only does Lisnpuppy look exactly like the fat guy on South Park who ruined everybody's WoW experience, but she also has Lover's Bitch installed and wishes it was all happening to her. My next toon is going to be called Lisnpuppy - and we all know what is going to happen to her.

Got warning for arguing with other user. Nexus between Dickheads and Cunts is located at nexusmods.com.

'Bout a year ago I received strike for citing the link to LL.

The best part of it is that the argument stopped and the thread continued for the next 23 pages without us even exchanging a word. I doubt the user reported my post he would have done this two weeks ago.

I hope LL will "take over" the nexus some day.

us peeps at vgunetwork are not hugely fond of them as well. but we are generally more civil to them.

Garcemac:

Meh, I see much of that stuff as tongue in cheek and generally don't read too much in it. I just think that the hammer as a novelty-item on the Nexus as a satire/play on their banning-philosophy could've been more edgy.

Maybe Lisnpuppy is one of those fugly-faced girls that truly have the body of a goddess...

Those comics were hilarious but I totally see why you were banned. They're strict over there and these comics definitely, definitely could offend some people, regardless how stupid and invalid their butthurt feelings are.

You can say 'apple' and offend someone somewhere. The Nexus' moderation-team makes weird decisions sometimes that I personally can't rhyme with common sense. But yeah, it's just how I look at things. Ignore at will. ^^

I agree, I personally live by the creed of "no matter what you say, someone will always be offended so may as well say what you had in mind".

But still, this comic depicts drug use, gore and mature subject matter, it really shouldn't be posted for everyone to see on Nexus, it should be accessible via adult filter.

Now a perma ban is a bit much, if I was the mod I would have removed the post and issued a formal warning. It wasn't malicious and the double standard is definitely an issue, if I caught anyone trolling in that thread I would ban them for a few days so they could cool their heels.

I agree, I personally live by the creed of "no matter what you say, someone will always be offended so may as well say what you had in mind".

But still, this comic depicts drug use, gore and mature subject matter, it really shouldn't be posted for everyone to see on Nexus, it should be accessible via adult filter.

Now a perma ban is a bit much, if I was the mod I would have removed the post and issued a formal warning. It wasn't malicious and the double standard is definitely an issue, if I caught anyone trolling in that thread I would ban them for a few days so they could cool their heels.

Totally, but the manner in which people speak their mind nowadays is what invariably kills them. Common courtesy still gets you the furthest. TBH, I myself sometimes type before I think. I blame my cat, Sasuke. Sometimes she feels like wondering about the house instead of sleeping in my lap. Damn cat.

Moderating is a tough job I wouldn't wish on my enemies. I mean, even my enemies deserve the chance to make a decision that isn't met with a reaction that's totally out of proportion. Likewise, I don't really understand why anyone would want to be a moderator out of free will. It's not an easy job and to be totally frank, I've yet to meet a moderator who's actually up to the task. No offense to moderators, but I've been around ever since modems were 9600Baud dail-ups. I can you tell you stories. ^^

Basically, I don't trust anyone who has a modicrum of power in an environment where everybody hides behind a user-name. The same considerations usually applied to someone who isn't a moderator one for one applies to a moderator too.

Alright so I'll give a slight history before I go into detail about this horror story because its needed and it shows that I can be outspoken and opinionated at times (doesn't mean I start trolling or cussing people out, it just means if I feel someone is being exceptionally rude I'll call them out on it without crossing lines, moderator or otherwise).

Now I had noticed a certain mod on Nexus being overly draconian with their implementation of their interpretation of the rules, for example someone's account was not working for some reason so they created a new account and immediately went into public chat, mentioned that this was a second account and they created it because for some reason Nexus was not allowing them to log on, which is caused by servers going out of synch so Nexus requires you spam your login over and over. This was covered a day or two later by DarkOne in a article on the front page. None the less said mod ended up banning the user.

I PM'd him saying I didn't agree with the way they handled that given the context in which the account was created. He.was.not.impressed but did nothing (I did not make this public as it had no business being public so there was no grounds to ban me).

I also called him out one time when I asked for help and he stated he knew how to help but he wouldn't, which is just rude so I let him know without swearing and so forth. He really, really doesn't like me by this point.

After that I made it a personal goal to avoid dealing with this mod, I did not trust his judgment and I did not trust myself to remain civil when dealing with him.

Enter today in chat:

I bring up the T.V. show Breaking Bad and another user and I civilly discuss how he didn't like it because he felt the show promoted and even glorified drug abuse and all those awesome life-style choices that Walter just keeps on making. My stance was that while the show dealt with that subject matter it ultimately portrayed the initial high of the life-style with the inevitable crash and burn from surrounding yourself with criminals who simply put, don't give a flying &*(% about anything.

I pointed out that his problem with Breaking Bad then, wasn't the writing or the cast (as he stated he didn't care who was in it) but rather the subject matter and tone. I then went to say that his opinion would be true for future Darwin Award winners, indicating that people who watch Breaking Bad and figure that selling/doing meth, murdering people, constantly lying and manipulating to further your own greed and lust for power are good life style choices are likely to die in some horrible way that anyone with half a brain would not allow to happen.

Instant kicked. yay.

So I go back in.

I was told to be civil and here's some screenshots, hosted of course because I don't expect anyone to download a file to read my little QQBBQ butthurt fest thread.

http://i40.photobuck...ialmodabuse.jpg

http://i40.photobuck...almodabusee.jpg

Now I've been permanently banned from chat, which is fine because that guy lives in chat and I detest him.

Now here comes the amusing part.

My chat ban is not on their "wall of shame".

Why is this?

Perhaps because my ban can't be justified and perhaps because I promised screenshots to the admin (who I get along with, apparently. We've had several friendly chats. For privacy reasons I will not state which admin).

The point is I wasn't claimed as a trophy because he couldn't claim me, because if there is fallout for his actions there will be record of the ban and thus that could be controversial and that is something Nexus does not want or need (not to mention they are subject to US laws and I could sue for libel if I cared enough).

So yep, there's my horror story.

Should I have dropped my trousers and pee'd in his cornflakes? probably not but I certainly stayed within the ToS guidelines and didn't start any fuss publically other than that time I called the mod out for being exceptionally rude (which I was not banned or warned for so it was acceptable, even if its frowned upon-I actually incurred the wrath of the forum protector for this one, which is that member who takes it upon themselves to defend the community from any perceived threat so I lost more than some popularity on this one but again, I don't care...my purpose is not to be liked by everyone, take me as is or leave me alone. I'm fine with either option.)

One thing I've learned from nexus comments is that you should keep quiet unless you only bother to congratulate the author or report bugs. Anything else can result in warning/ban given how butthurt are people there.

Which is exactly what I do there. I grab a mod and if I particularly like a mod I leave a preliminary post. If it all holds water in my game, I come back to endorse, otherwise the modder never hears from me again.

I generally leave a post on a mod if it requires bullshit cosmetic mods, asking for a version without the dependancy if I like the idea behind the mod well enough. I never bother with body-dependancies though. I'm a Diminized-UNP supporter simply because base-UNP is problem-free. The only time I ever asked if a modder was willing to do an UNP conversion was for the Diablo III Demon Hunter armor. That was one sweet piece of work that could've rivalled Lustmord in popularity, in my opinion.

But if a modder ignores the question, I move on.

I don't see why anyone feels the need to take it beyond that level. If a modder wants to take a discussion further, I take the time to indulge him/her. I have had some great PM-convos with Nexus-based modders in the past.

I think that self-entitlement amongst the ranks of modleechers is a bigger problem in what you touch on than the Nexus moderation-team is.

1) Grab your mod.

2) Congratulate on particular nice work.

3) Use your Vote on truly outstanding work.

4) Come back to endorse.

That's really all that's expected of you...

So i did a new account, and told him, he just needs to IP ban me, to make my day, since all i wanted was to keep in touch with the people that liked the strips, so he didnt hesitate, and IP banned me...

Well that is complete and udder bullshit. By the way... if you ever want to actually created another account even with your IP ban there is a way to do it.

https://www.torproject.org/

This is a web browser that will allow you to either surf the the net in anonymity or you can impersonate a different IP address.

Heh, I use it for trashy download sites that want you to sign up for a premium account by limiting the amount of downloads you can make from their site  in a certain time period.

File under moderation review

This file is currently under review by a moderator and is not open for public access. Please do not contact the staff or the owner of the file regarding this issue unless you are the file owner or you might be penalised by the staff of the site.

HOLY MOTHER FUCK! WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? SO IF I SHOULD DARE CONTACT THE OWNER I COULD BE BANNED! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!

This file is currently under review by a moderator and is not open for public access. Please do not contact the staff or the owner of the file regarding this issue unless you are the file owner or you might be penalised by the staff of the site.

HOLY MOTHER FUCK! WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? SO IF I SHOULD DARE CONTACT THE OWNER I COULD BE BANNED! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!

There are those modders who don't have a spine or don't want to be bothered by inquiries... But, yeah, it's draconian as usual.

There are those modders who don't have a spine or don't want to be bothered by inquiries... But, yeah, it's draconian as usual.

Lol that means it will never been seen again.

Is it me or is the download speed on the Nexus capped again? Barely getting 150kbs download speed.

Those comics are both hilarious, and exactly sum up how I feel about those situations! I love the logical poke at these events! XD

In this day in age, people tend to take offence over the smallest of things. "Gay" is a super sensitive issue right now, but that's still no reason to ban you without any kind of multi-moderator consensus or them actually talking to you about it. I can tell it would have taken you all of 5 minutes to upload a edited version of that panel that replaced the word "gay" with something else, like... I don't know, "sissy".

It does seem like the only way to not be banned on the Nexus these days is to keep your head down... which isn't why the site exists in the first place.

I'm also about fed up with their shoddy servers. They clearly need more of them, with all the 504 errors I've been getting for the past 6 months. Wen the page cant even load the images on it, there's a clear and present issue. I mean, now that they have their donation model in place, they can surely afford to rent/buy some more server bandwidth...

[...] I mean, now that they have their donation model in place, they can surely afford to rent/buy some more server bandwidth...

I lol'd :D if it was so easy as u r wrote it, i would made my own nexus-like site :P

Archived