Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Ok, I guess this story will sound familiar to some of you...

A couple weeks ago, when the Ethereal Elven Overhaul was released or so, I decided to share some fun and love for skyrim with the Nexus community, by uploading 3 parody strips i did relating "Skyrim Most Annoying Characters"...

These strips got a really unexpected good reaction from members, who shared some of the kindest words none of my shitty drawings have ever gotten...And ppl were looking forward to see more entries...

The next day, I had even more messegas, really got me cheared up while it lasted, but then...I get called homophobic, just beacuse the fictional character i drew on the strips called a character "gay gargoyle", and all the sudden, my strips got tagged and targeted as offensive...

It didnt take too long for a forum moderator to enter swinging his cock, and deleting the thread even before having the chance to keep in touch with all the people that liked the strips, since he completely deleted, claiming that people complained that it was ofensive, and that it was posted to the wrong forum...

I can absolutely agree with the second part, and respect the first...if it offended someone, shouldnt be up there where everyone can see it...So i simple re-posted, not including drawings, and apologizing for any inconvenience or offense, and giving my deviantart link for those who actually liked my strips, to keep in touch...

Then, i got account banned...yes...just for posting something most of the community appreciated, and not even including the pictures, but just a link warning viewer discretion...

So i did a new account, and told him, he just needs to IP ban me, to make my day, since all i wanted was to keep in touch with the people that liked the strips, so he didnt hesitate, and IP banned me...

So you tell me if that isnt a dick move, or a personal move...

Here are the strips that got me banned for good...

skyrim_most_annoying_characters_part_1_by_mailus-d5dp0wg.jpg

skyrim_most_annoying_characters_part_2_by_mailus-d5e9wb5.jpg

skyrim_most_annoying_characters_part_3_by_mailus-d5f41k8.jpg

Excuse my english, it really isnt the best, and of couse, excuse the shitty drawings, it was done for fun, not to be exposed in any art gallery (luckily) :D

You tell me HOW offended you feel about them...I was called homophobic, in other words, insulted openly, and noone banned who insulted me...So what does that make of the nexus forum moderators???

By the way, who banned me was no other then The Vampire Dante. Some sort of banning celebrity from what I read...Besides, its all bull...since skyrim itself is rated mature from what i know, and 99% of players have naked bodies mods, more blood, even animated prostitution, how can my strips be any more "offensive" or contain any more "mature" content than modded skyrim already has???

And lemme add a strip just for this community, I hope it doesnt violate any rules or terms :)

skyrim___giants_by_mailus-d5gq06m.jpg

Thanks for those who actually took your time to read this, and please, give me your thoughts...if you dont mind

Funny stuff.

Why they would ban you over that is beyond me.

Perhaps they banned you because you gave them an inferiority complex....and they have no sense of humor.

how does one do that? the only thing that could possibly be offensive is my drawing technique lol...

And this is why I avoid involving myself with that (nexus) community as much as I can.

Well...I learned the lesson...that´s for sure...whatever lesson there is to learn, besides that they have some serious management issues...

Did you respond to the trolls in the comments? They like to ban you because of that, too.

I did rspond, but not offending, basically explaining there was no offense intended, and in any case, i cant be blamed for what a fictional character says or does...that way of thinking is the same as considering stan lee a supervillain or evil doer cause of the creation of Dr Doom...nonsense, and no excuse for an ip ban, he went way overboard

Aside of that, thnks for the read, im glad ppl still like them :) ...yet I still wanna know what you all think...

Funny stuff.

Why they would ban you over that is beyond me.

Perhaps they banned you because you gave them an inferiority complex....and they have no sense of humor.

how does one do that? the only thing that could possibly be offensive is my drawing technique lol...

Maybe they can't draw at all and that was enough to make them green with envy and pull a 'hulk smash' on you......who knows. :P

Anyways, keep up the drawing and definitely keep that saucy sense of humor! I enjoyed reading it.

Cheers,

Greg

I think the problem with the nexus is, that they want to cater to all age groups. That means those, who aren't 18 years old or whatever age it is in your country you need to be. I thinks that is an insane policy, considering that most games they support, shouldn't even be legally bought or possessed by minors. Things that are sold to adults should only be for adults. Of course, we all know that's not going to happen, but anyway.

The ban they laid on you is especially ridiculous, considering that your strips are satire. And if you can be politically incorrect somewhere, it's in satire. I wouldn't even consider that paricular strip mean-spirited.

On topic: I really enjoyed your comics and had quite a few laughs. The one with Eola was especially funny to me, because I remember having some similar thoughts like your character, when I was doing that quest.

Anyway good work. Keep'em coming, I say!

Getting banned from the nexus is a right of passage here, be proud! :D

Those are great comics btw, I really enjoyed reading them :). I didn't find using that word as offensive in the slightest (I'm not homosexual myself, but I dislike homophobes"). Please post your art here freely, I'm sure we'd love to see more :)

Heheh. I liked them.

On the note of you getting banned for being a homophobe... completely stupid. I am gay, and I enjoy finding things like that.

The cutting / suicide one I could see a mod sending you a PM and going "Hey, don't do this," but that's about it :s

You obviously are in good company. I got banned from a community a few years back for just posting my comics. The moment I opened the thread I was banned, because it was "advertising"*.

I'm still shaking my head about this one, as I shake my head why you were banned over this, but I suppose the community over at Nexus has long since jumped the shark, which is why I am zero-poster and only a mod-downloader. Welcome here, it's great to have you.

Your comics are awesome and funny and I also like your drawing style despite all you say.

*= I read the rules, but I didn't categorize this as advertising.

I would have foreseen a ban for you at the first swearword. Nexus moderation is just overkill to the max. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish with it.

But it's their site. All you can do, is create another alias. First google how to change your IP. (Just kill your router until you get a new one?) Then just be super pedantic. When I comment on mods in Nexus, it goes something like this:

"Thanks for the great mod, there are some things I don't like, but I'll leave it at that, I don't want to risk a ban. :)"

It's petty, but so is what they're doing.

Oh, why did I get banned? I called a mod "poopy". Yes, that's right. Poopy. The moderator described it as hurtful. I can only imagine the tears of anguish when someone calls your mod poopy. Truly I am a sinner. All praise the righteous Nexus!

Oh' date=' why did I get banned? I called a mod "poopy". Yes, that's right. Poopy. The moderator described it as hurtful. I can only imagine the tears of anguish when someone calls your mod poopy. Truly I am a sinner. All praise the righteous Nexus!

[/quote']

I agree that is petty to ban you for that.

However, the comment section is NOT for reviews or opinions. It is for encouragement, 'constructive' criticism (meaning to help improve the mod), and troubleshooting.

Your reviewing the mod or giving your opinion of it, was clearly inappropriate behavior and thus singled you out for punishment. The punishment was excessive, as I said before, but it is their site after all.

If you have never made a mod, then you don't have the slightest idea how much work goes into it. Even translating a mod can consume weeks of ones free time and no one should have to listen to insults in their own comment section.

If you don't like it, move on to something you do. Perhaps I am just old fashioned in my views.

Oh' date=' why did I get banned? I called a mod "poopy". Yes, that's right. Poopy. The moderator described it as hurtful. I can only imagine the tears of anguish when someone calls your mod poopy. Truly I am a sinner. All praise the righteous Nexus!

[/quote']

However, the comment section is NOT for reviews or opinions. It is for encouragement, 'constructive' criticism (meaning to help improve the mod), and troubleshooting.

Your reviewing the mod or giving your opinion of it, was clearly inappropriate behavior and thus singled you out for punishment. The punishment was excessive, as I said before, but it is their site after all.

If you have never made a mod, then you don't have the slightest idea how much work goes into it. Even translating a mod can consume weeks of ones free time and no one should have to listen to insults in their own comment section.

If you don't like it, move on to something you do. Perhaps I am just old fashioned in my views.

Agreed. I don't see anything wrong with the comics, I LOL'd. But I actually applaud the nexus for their banning practices regarding comments. It's not about 'sheltering' anyone, it's about keeping things on a mature level and providing a non-hostile environment for creativity and collaboration. I've never taken trolling comments personally, but I'd hate to see a new modder get discouraged because someone wanted to make themselves look smart by putting down their mod casually, sometimes without even trying it. It's not hard to talk to people on the internet like you would in person, just be considerate.

[/quote']

I was a bit unclear there, I didn't call a mod poopy in its comment section, I called a mod poopy when discussing several mods in the nexus chat.

I wouldn't call a mod poopy in its own comments section, that would make no sense, who cares whether or not I dislike a mod.

But in the chat, discussing several mods, I think its more than relevant to express whether or not I dislike a mod. ...obviously I was proven wrong. All hail Nexus! :P

I was a bit unclear there' date=' I didn't call a mod poopy in its comment section, I called a mod poopy when discussing several mods in the nexus chat.

I wouldn't call a mod poopy in its own comments section, that would make no sense, who cares whether or not I dislike a mod.

But in the chat, discussing several mods, I think its more than relevant to express whether or not I dislike a mod. ...obviously I was proven wrong. All hail Nexus! :P

[/quote']

Ah, I wish you had stated that from the beginning! If that is the case then the Moderator is a fuck cheese and you are entirely correct to be pissed off. You should have been able to refer to give out your opinion of a mod in the chat if you wanted.

They banned you from the entire site or just chat banned you? Either way it is ridiculous, but if they banned you from the entire site then that is even more retarded.

Weaselheart, I for one, would love to see more of you work. Whenever the muse strikes... publish. I'd say you might well have a following on this site.

Gregathit, with Weaselheart, Poontank and several others I've noticed here, do you think it might be time to have a section here specifically for producing published comics and art in general? LL has the talent and, I think, the interest.

What do you think?

Weaselheart' date=' I for one, would love to see more of you work. Whenever the muse strikes... publish. I'd say you might well have a following on this site.

Gregathit, with Weaselheart, Poontank and several others I've noticed here, do you think it might be time to have a section here specifically for producing published comics and art in general? LL has the talent and, I think, the interest.

What do you think?

[/quote']

If there is a community desire for it I don't see why not. Since it may involve several games and will most likely be 'adult' oriented it may be best to just open threads in the General section under the Adult stuff (18+) section. If another section is desired or deemed more appropriate I can petition Ashal to create it if the demand is there.

Archived