Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

It seems there are issues. nexus is generally able to fix problems quite quickly and post updates quite openly. But lately I have noticed a lot more downtime than normal. Like one time I am browsing and the next second is down again. I refresh to convince my self but the error is still there.

Community moderation can get out of hand. Nexusmods , like any other community will see its rise, rabid moderation and decline. 

The reason I think LL is a great community is possibly because  there are more adults here, there is a huge difference. Banter is generally sane and much is acceptable. Moderators are pretty cool with live and let live attitude and not answerable to anyone accept themselves. nexusmods is like an incorporated already. There is good and bad there.

Nexus maybe dying but I hope it does not and survives in some form.

on a sidenote:

I have seen very bad things happen to kids on some forums. You cannot see who it is. It could be a 15 year old making a mistake and is served harshly. There could be great people in real life who joined the forum and were treated badly. All this can happen. It happens enough times...well. Moderators are also people and can make mistakes. They are judge and jury on everything which makes it somewhat wrong. In that way I found stuff like StackExchange lets the community moderate with emphasis on contributions. Which is why it has been so successful. 

Nexus nexus nexus, it is always about nexus. What about forums.bethsoft.com? You can get banned from Bethsoft and even cut off from all access to even the page by an angry bear who's Bio 'Although I am a moderator on these forums I have no inside information from Bethsoft. Opinions stated are my own.
I am here to keep the peace, ensure the rules are followed and get grumpy when they are not.' [Who died and put this guy in charge?] for even linking to Loverslab. They regard this site as nothing but ripped/pirated software.

They regard this site as nothing but ripped/pirated software.

Fact is all capital & major communitty modder joins loverslab because we're the goddamn minor.

Believe it or not, Emily is a moderator from other mod communitty. Don't we all hell bound into loverslab for good reason and contribute to make it bigger.

They're getting rediculous in nexus now.  Moderations for non-offensive jokes ffs.

Tempted to send links to their adult mods to some conservative groups just to see what happens... nah I'm not that low haha.

Seriously though, moderated and possible ban for making a joke on Calpys new body page.. he goes on about how he don't care that it has lordosis.. someone complains about lordosis then I say as a joke "well if lordosis gives females that shape im all for it"  and he gets all moody and reports/blocks the comment.

The thing about nexus is, 90% of the users are too dumb and stupid not to read the readme/instructions. Hell, the modder freaking wrote ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS DOWN on the front page, and then we have this noob asking "how do i install this"

I thinks that is an insane policy, considering that most games they support, shouldn't even be legally bought or possessed by minors. Things that are sold to adults should only be for adults.

Since someone else resurrected this post some, I just wanted to comment on these lines.  This is, to me ridiculous, mainly because I know of a hell of a lot more people under 18 that are more mature than people my age will ever be (25, by the way).  That there is some magical age where you are suddenly an adult and responsible and mature is a ridiculous notion.  I respect the ESRB, and I do agree with general guidelines; however, a well respected, well mannered, thoughtful and considerate 17-and-207-days year old shouldn't be told he can't play a game or anything else simply because of those other 158 days, while a 24 year old, name-calling, racist-term using, alcoholic and whatever else jerk can.

Also, for the topic at hand, it's rather ridiculous that they'd ban you, but I really can't get too upset at you asking for an IP ban and then getting it.

I thinks that is an insane policy, considering that most games they support, shouldn't even be legally bought or possessed by minors. Things that are sold to adults should only be for adults.

Since someone else resurrected this post some, I just wanted to comment on these lines.  This is, to me ridiculous, mainly because I know of a hell of a lot more people under 18 that are more mature than people my age will ever be (25, by the way).  That there is some magical age where you are suddenly an adult and responsible and mature is a ridiculous notion.  I respect the ESRB, and I do agree with general guidelines; however, a well respected, well mannered, thoughtful and considerate 17-and-207-days year old shouldn't be told he can't play a game or anything else simply because of those other 158 days, while a 24 year old, name-calling, racist-term using, alcoholic and whatever else jerk can.

Also, for the topic at hand, it's rather ridiculous that they'd ban you, but I really can't get too upset at you asking for an IP ban and then getting it.

My argument ties more into the discussion, that apparently it is okay for a 17 year old to be able to commit virtual acts of (very graphic) violence in games like Fallout or Skyrim, but anything that is remotely sexual is considered worse and endangering morals. In my eyes that is hypocracy, that is not necessarily exclusive to Nexus age restriction policies. 

To your argument: While it may be true for some individuals, this argument cannot be applied for the population at large.The line has to be drawn somewhere. To apply these kind of rules on a case-to-case basis is unfeasable.

Unfortunately there are no rules that prohibit people to be assholes, regardless of age. :D

My argument ties more into the discussion, that apparently it is okay for a 17 year old to be able to commit virtual acts of (very graphic) violence in games like Fallout or Skyrim, but anything that is remotely sexual is considered worse and endangering morals. In my eyes that is hypocracy, that is not necessarily exclusive to Nexus age restriction policies. 

To your argument: While it may be true for some individuals, this argument cannot be applied for the population at large.The line has to be drawn somewhere. To apply these kind of rules on a case-to-case basis is unfeasable.

Unfortunately there are no rules that prohibit people to be assholes, regardless of age. :D

If humans spent more time having sex than killing eachother the world would be a lot nice place to live in, sadly violence is way better tolerated than sex, and it doesnt look like it will change anytime soon.

As for the reason why you got banned (using the term 'gay' if I am not mistaken) it reminds me something Morgan Freeman said : "I despite the term homophobia, you are not scared you are just assholes", thus I never met any gay guy that was offended by the gay word and I live in a country were people and government are very open minded on the subject, they might even be more offended if you called them homos.

I will start a flame next time I see someone calling me straight on Nexus just to see how moderators reacts :)

The truth is, Nexus is a very popular website and moderators will rather ban instantly than start trying to open any kind of dialogue, not that I agree that they banned you, you really didnt desserved it, but popularity comes with a cost also and I doubt they want to get a proper moderation team.

Like most of people on Loverslab, I go there to catch my mods, endorse them if they are good but I avoid to get any argumeent with any mod author or user, after all there are places like loverlabs (luckily) where you have a lot more freedom of speech.

Guest xdirtyxskunkx

nice strips haha.

it's kinda funny for a website (nexus) who allow so much disturbing mods (skimpy armor for young characters) ban so easily for funny contents.

heck i will not be surprise if i get ban for a picture i posted of vex kissing my character haha. by the way i let cicero alive and like to dance with him :P probably nazir will kill himself lol

Archived