Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Hey, I'm a stand-up guy! :sleepy: Always the gentleman. Doesn't mean I can upload a nude mod on Nexus and stay a member. Only "certain" people get to upload a mod like that "safely". (it seems)

It is sad that they have to be that way. It is always bad to appear bias when running a company, especially a company based on the very modders work you are trying to host. It is perfectly find to have policies and rules and consequences to violating them. This site has them as well. The difference is this site is clear and concise on what is allowed and isn't allowed. What can get you banned and the system in place to implement it in a fair way.

I was under the impression that there was a section like here where you can upload more adult materials. So long as you were there and was reasonable it was ok. I never desired to upload photos etc and that might be the reason that I am still allowed there.

Hey, I'm a stand-up guy! :sleepy: Always the gentleman. Doesn't mean I can upload a nude mod on Nexus and stay a member. Only "certain" people get to upload a mod like that "safely". (it seems)

Who said you can't upload "nude" mods? There are plenty of nude mods on nexus now, and you can flag a mod your uploading as adult just for that. There is way to much confusion going on. People need to specifically state whether they're talking about imageshare rules, or mod uploading rules.

I doubt that this is the content of the mod that makes you get banned, they didnt banned the guy who made Estrus for example and thats pretty hardcore no matter what.

I dont intend to show myself as a nexus fanboy but we have no idea how it is to cope with a website of this size, 5 millions page view by day according to DarkOne, wether it is true or not we can all see that there is a lot of people using nexus websites, lot of comments posted on mod pages and forums that need moderation one way or another (if you followed what happened with SOS and Sevenbase lately you know what I am talking about).

I dont say they do it right but I am personally guessing how I would manage to moderate something this big with the bunch of faggots posting bullshit on a daily basis, it is always easier to be the complaining user than the bad moderator.

Like I said before in this very thread I see no reason to ban the OP for the drawing only, I see plenty of reasons to ban him when he asked for it.

Guest Lehshara

Just checked Nexus few minutes ago to see if my mod is still uploaded there by someone else, and found:

1 upload - 524 endorosements...

Great job Nexus staff!

You removed my file and banned me in 2011 when I uploaded it.

As expected. Defend Nexus all you want guys, but we'll be getting more proof by the day in old LL about getting banned for lame reasons. Sounds like people are twisting what I'm trying to say here. I didn't say you'll definately get banned from Nexus for uploading a nude mod, I'm saying that sometimes you get banned for things that you would never think you'd get banned for, and things like Paradise Halls and Animated Prostitution are the reason. Some of the mods there make it seem like you can upload damn there anything you want, so long as it's properly flagged and described, with warnings and blah blah blah. However, this thread is not popular for no reason. Plenty of people out there are wondering why the hell they got banned. If I'm not mistaken, a few our very own staff here has been banned as well, and they all seem very professional to me.

All the moderators there are just trigger happy. Ridiculous, really.

Oh well, I've already heard about how prudish Americans can be... Blood and Gore is perfectly fine, but the sight of genitalia or a nipple? -"Inacceptable".

I agree that they are indeed trigger happy and showed ridiculous bans like ou can read in this very post, thus said Nexus is not an American website and I dont see them moderate any mod that show nipples or genitalia (here some nipples for you, first page of Nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36992/), they do moderate images that show such things in the image section because they reserve the right of showing nude pics for the contributors section (not that I do agree with that either).

I personally enjoyed your comics. Very well done indeed!

As for the Nexus, I've been staying on the down-low and every now and then PM a member about LoversLab when they want to ask an inappropriate question or post an inappropriate mod by Nexus standards. Naturally I keep two different aliases for the two sites - probably out of fear of them swinging the wild banhammer on anyone that has the mildest connection with LL. Nevertheless, I'd sooner ban myself from their site if it wasn't for the community there. Sure their mods may be dimwits and half of their members trolls, but for the rest it's worth it to me to keep anonymity.

As a gay man, I thought your pics were very funny and captured a LOT of my frustrations as well. Actually, the only thing that caught my eye was....no, not the 'gay gargoyle' comment....that was funny and spot on, actually....but the 'penis breath' comment. That was homophobic, but I really don't think you intended to be. Just think, would you have had the character say it to a woman? Anyway, you didn't need to use that to make it funny. In the case of the "gay gargoyle" comment, that was funny. The penis breath comment implies that it is a bad thing and something to be ridiculed that any male would have had a dick in their mouth. 

No, you should not have been banned and I think it was pretty frikken mild and most likely unintentional on your part. You are a very talented and funny artist and I hope you keep drawing. Frankly, I think the guy who banned you may, after all, have penis breath AND dress like a 300 pound gay gargoyle in his off time. 

As a gay man, I thought your pics were very funny and captured a LOT of my frustrations as well. Actually, the only thing that caught my eye was....no, not the 'gay gargoyle' comment....that was funny and spot on, actually....but the 'penis breath' comment. That was homophobic, but I really don't think you intended to be. Just think, would you have had the character say it to a woman? Anyway, you didn't need to use that to make it funny. In the case of the "gay gargoyle" comment, that was funny. The penis breath comment implies that it is a bad thing and something to be ridiculed that any male would have had a dick in their mouth. 

No, you should not have been banned and I think it was pretty frikken mild and most likely unintentional on your part. You are a very talented and funny artist and I hope you keep drawing. Frankly, I think the guy who banned you may, after all, have penis breath AND dress like a 300 pound gay gargoyle in his off time. 

I think it is pretty insulting for both women and men to say that you have a penis breath, I dont see that as homophobic (well I am not gay either) but anyway brushing your teeth after sucking a cock or licking a pussy seems valid for both genders.

I agree that I never been told about any pussy breath tho.....

• 2 weeks later...

There are those who were banned for using the wrong magic words, but then there are also those dumbfucks who have been banned for openly and moronically admitting that they're using warez'd Skyrim in a sentence.

I came back from from 2 weeks out in the field training "US Marines".  Log into my Nexus account and it say i got ban for multiples accounts.  My brother play skyrim too and he got his own nexus account.  Is it me or Nexus have dumb ass mother fucker over there ?  Some of the rules are stupid too, but the rules are pretty much bias anyway.

VPN FTMFW.        

I like some of the comics. Entertaining stuff.

The only thing I see where you went wrong is you met their over reaction with one of your own when you made a new account contacted them "and told him, he just needs to IP ban me, to make my day."

That's pretty much drawing a line and insisting that they not communicate with you in a logical fashion. Granted, the chance for a logical resolution may have been slim, but you pretty much took it from slim to none.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran into two more Nexus members who probably would have gotten a person banned over an install path because of their own ignorance If I hadn't mentioned the below information.

Taken right off my post.

This is why people get banned for no reason cause idiots like you two make accusations without knowing anything. Steam is not the only way to get the game, Skyrim has hard copy disks on sale for the Legendary Edition which means you can install the game where ever you want.

The disks will cost you $60 USD + S&H off Gamestop people need to remember that even in the age of digital media hard copy variants are still produced and sold,

I just ran into two more Nexus members who probably would have gotten a person banned over an install path because of their own ignorance If I hadn't mentioned the below information.

Taken right off my post.

This is why people get banned for no reason cause idiots like you two make accusations without knowing anything. Steam is not the only way to get the game, Skyrim has hard copy disks on sale for the Legendary Edition which means you can install the game where ever you want.

The disks will cost you $60 USD + S&H off Gamestop people need to remember that even in the age of digital media hard copy variants are still produced and sold,

There's a good reason to have the game in hard copy, as I've heard horror stories about players having to rely entirely on Steam, despite that they insist on sticking to it for the sake of "legitimacy" like a badge.

Yeah, I'm also amazed by how those mods react harshly by permabanning anyone instantly who doesn't use Steam or asking for a non-Steam version.

Steam is a major pain in the ass if the disks had been out when I got Skyrim I'd have chosen them over the Steam version hands down as a matter of fact come payday I might just pick up a hard copy of Skyrim.

Watch the back of the box carefully, so that you don't get a Steam copy (which you most likely will). I bough a hard copy of Skyrim shortly after it came out. Turns out that it required Steam, So once you put the disc in and install, it's from Steam the files will be downloaded from.

Edit: BruceWayne beat me to it.

Please remember that we have strict anti-piracy rules here too. To my knowledge there is no version of Skyrim - disc or no disc - that doesn't require steam.

I've never seen anyone here Perma banned over an unproven accusation like I have at Nexus. The rules here may be strict like at Nexus but our Mods seem to be more fair then the ones at Nexus who seem to enjoy banning people.

Requires Steam is what I'm curious about. having to register the game on steam and having to have it installed with the same install path as if you downloaded it off steam are two different things.

Installation path doesn't matter. With the newer versions of steam you can have multiple steam/apps folders. Never tried that though, so I can't tell if they have a unique file structure like the orginal steam path, which would make it more obvious. But to be fair, if you look through the banned list on their forum, most people are outright telling them that they've pirated their games and that's just stupid. Especially because they have the "no piracy-otherwise instaban" rule.

Archived