I've been testing this synthesizer yesterday, had lots of good results providing the sentences aren't long and matching. I'll be honest though not all of voices are perfected even in the green list, apart from FemaleNord, most still have a robotic residue in the voice whatever the input.

A bit of advice: The tone of the speech, and spoken words is letter capitalization, comma, dot or exclamation mark sensitive. You might get a slightly or completely different result of quality and intonation when for example saying Hello world.... Versus Hello world or Hello world!

FemaleElf:Sex with you is my guilty pleasure.wav

Filthy nord, lick me clean.wav

I'm going to suck you dry.wav

Be a good doggy.wav

FemaleNord:Be a good doggy.wav

I will haul you into the dungeon for some private fun time.wav

You won't sound so tough when I break you in the dungeon.wav

Don't mess with me bitch.wav

These sound funny but still almost no robotic sound:

Don't forget who you belong to, fucktoy.wav

FemaleYoungEager: I am daddy's special little girl..wav

MaleGuard: Where's the money, Lebowski!.wav

2 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Has anyone found that adjusting the letter length usually causes the generation to fail - 'Something went wrong'? Then you've got to change a letter etc to get it back working?

Yes, its a common bug.  In my case it crashes the generator thus having to restart.

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Has anyone found that adjusting the letter length usually causes the generation to fail - 'Something went wrong'? Then you've got to change a letter etc to get it back working?

You can see how this fails if you look in the log. It's a UI bug. The number of entries is mismatched.

Often you can change the length and it's OK. I don't find it usually causes failure. The reverse really.

This may be obvious to some, but there's nothing stopping you using voices from other games to voice your Skyrim mod.

For example, Fallout4 has a bunch of trained voice files. I think they're all a bit robotic though. The Skyrim voices seem to have better data in most cases.

I found that by default they tend to all come out with very flat tones; quite different to the Skyrim voices.

However, if you then manually tweak the tones and lengths, it starts to sound a lot more natural.

And then the UI magically loses all your length and tone edits :) 

ShelbieChase is probably the least robotic of the FO4 voices, and eerily similar to our beloved femaleyoungeager ... almost as if they were the same actor.

I did a little experimentation to see if they sound the same in various cases, because (due to different training data) they might come out a little different.

I didn't get any noticeable differences though.

Timing and pitch edits you make manually are much more obvious - if there's any difference at all.

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Alas, still no working CUDA. It recognizes it OK, then fails to load the voice set.

I have some specific python paths and pytorch versions, so it's probably that, but the author is pretty vague about exactly how Python needs to be configured for it to work with CUDA.

CPU only seems to be very forgiving and just works.

Thing is, I have a working CUDA that I use for other applications... Hence the highly specific Python versions and PyTorch configs.

I'm on CUDA 11.2 ... which is latest, and matches my drivers. I've been on it for a while now with no issues.

That link is to the old 10.1 version that SKVA is bound to. I don't think anyone should install that, but probably SKVA needs it.

When I run tests from the 11.2 demo suite, everything is fine and vanilla: devicequery, bandwidthtest, busgrind, etc all coming back with PASS results and the values you might expect. I'm still thinking the problem is probably not with the CUDA setup but the Python libraries. Over 14 terraflops on NBody ... I'd imagine some people with crazy OCs can get over 15. Rudy Rucker expected general purpose AI around this point :) 

You can get PyTorch working with 11.2 with some pain, but that's not the version of Torch SKVA has embedded, and I know from previous experience that updating Torch version is rarely painless.

OK ... some more experimentation ...

Side by side install of 10.1 is ... sort of possible. You can only have one first in the path of course.

I tried it, and everything worked in the old demos except oceanFFT. So there are some breaking issues with 30XX and CUDA 10.1

Alas, SKVA Synth still couldn't switch to GPU without hanging, so it seems those issues are impacting it.

If anyone has working 30XX GPU with this, please post what you did.

My guess is the best approach is to upgrade the Torch libraries, but torch is terrible at backwards compatibility.

Last time I did that it required a rewrite of quite a bit of code, but that was jumping a lot of versions, and this time it's only ... two torch releases?

Hi again! ?

I am having an issue with licenses. When defeat triggers a robbery, or SLAdventures triggers a robbery (sleep creep), and they steal a license, SLS doesn't seem to notice the license is gone. Even though the physical license has been removed from inventory. 

not sure what kind of fix options there are for this. But at min would it be possible to make a check license hotkey that would force a scan of your inventory and adjust your license status? 

42 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

But at min would it be possible to make a check license hotkey that would force a scan of your inventory and adjust your license status?

Just an option in the MCM would be enough?

But if there's a consistent issue with events not firing (and I suspect there is, because inventory related events are not reliable in Skyrim) then it would make sense to check the location of the licenses periodically, and in particular when nearing city gates.

But we can imagine all kinds of solutions. Monoman may be aware of specifics here that make them all nonsense.

1 minute ago, Lupine00 said:

Just an option in the MCM would be enough?

But if there's a consistent issue with events not firing (and I suspect there is, because inventory related events are not reliable in Skyrim) then it would make sense to check the location of the licenses periodically, and in particular when nearing city gates.

But we can imagine all kinds of solutions. Monoman may be aware of specifics here that make them all nonsense.

I suggested that as a minimalist approach. Obviously a periodic check would be preferable but I can see the desire to not add too many scripted events like that. Maybe like a cell change event? 

Back to voice...

This is a good introduction to Tactotron. https://ai.googleblog.com/2017/12/tacotron-2-generating-human-like-speech.html

The SKVA solution is AFAICS Tacotron with some FastPitch optimization on the back end.

I don't think FastPitch is improving quality, it's actually trading quality for performance. (Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems WaveGlow is still being used, so I haven't fully grasped what FastPitch is doing).

Try the examples here: https://google.github.io/tacotron/publications/tacotron2/index.html

Totally non-robotic.

It also gives some nice clues on how to drive Tacotron to get good results.

There are NVidia implementations of almost all these things, by NVidia, in PyTorch, including Tacotron2, WaveGlow, etc.

What occurred to me is that we don't need to solve the text to speech problem.

What we really want is voice changing, not text to speech, so you can record dialog, with the emphasis and timing you want, and put it into any voice.

That's sort of possible, but it's a different discipline. Some of the same techniques apply.

Tacotron2 is turning text into sequences of mel-spectrograms ... you might as well say they are simply frequency-domain samples, that's really what they are in this context.

Similarly, there are tools to generate the base mel-spectrograms from an audio training set.

Tacotron2 maps the text for the training data to the spectrograms.

So, can we do the reverse mapping?

Train a data set with your own voice and then use it to perform speech to phoneme data, including timing and pitch changes.

That phoneme data is then pushed back the other way through a difference mapping to produce the alternate voice.

The phoneme spectrograms are fed into a synth, using the discovered timing and remapped pitch changes to get the alternate voice.

Initially, you'd probably still need a female speaker for female voices and a male for male voices, but the results would have the potential to be very fluent.

I think given more effort you could create male/female mappings.

Note that phoneme data is something DIFFERENT to what Tacotron is doing, because it's mapping directly to/from character sequences in ordinary written representations of voice.

Probably, this has already been done. Or something a little smarter. Just need to find the papers!

Anyway, should probably stop thinking about this. It's a rabbit hole that will mean I never get around to fixing my mods.

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

True. Loads of possibilities. It's still tons of work though. 

I think you're right. But you know, having worked fairly extensively on voice mods, I see (potentially) fairly major issues ahead. 

Your browser does not support th

cool.  A lot of it sounds great.  Some of it, not so great, but I can hear the difference and how much better the lines are sounding after you have played around with them some.  I agree with Lupine, Sexist Guards would be awesome voiced

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

Hi again! ?

I am having an issue with licenses. When defeat triggers a robbery, or SLAdventures triggers a robbery (sleep creep), and they steal a license, SLS doesn't seem to notice the license is gone. Even though the physical license has been removed from inventory. 

not sure what kind of fix options there are for this. But at min would it be possible to make a check license hotkey that would force a scan of your inventory and adjust your license status? 

I have been robbed a couple of times and haven't had that issue.  Found myself naked and weaponless with a band around my neck as fast as I could say, "But I was robbed".  Probably a conflict somewhere.  I have really noticed that there seems to be a lot of unseen conflicts with LL mods.   Perhaps all competing for limited resources?   I am getting pretty good playing around in Xedit and resolving conflicts, and there really isn't a lot of conflict with LL mods, at least in the esps. 

I have noticed a few times that some of my mods and MCM menu's stop working after I have loaded another mod.   I was originally running around 250 esps with 50 MCM menus.  I don't know if there is a cap on MCM menus, but 50 seemed coincidental.  I pruned my mod list down again, but was still encountering it with 44+ MCM menus.  I have multiple builds going without LL mods, and I am usually around 400+ esps  and stable.   I have been having a heck of a time trying to stabilize my LL build with only 200+ mods.  Anyone know if there is a hard limit on MCM menus?

10 minutes ago, sattyre said:

I have been robbed a couple of times and haven't had that issue.  Found myself naked and weaponless with a band around my neck as fast as I could say, "But I was robbed".  Probably a conflict somewhere.  I have really noticed that there seems to be a lot of unseen conflicts with LL mods.   Perhaps all competing for limited resources?   I am getting pretty good playing around in Xedit and resolving conflicts, and there really isn't a lot of conflict with LL mods, at least in the esps. 

I assume you mean the magic license, that might work differently as it checks it at a enforcer stop. Have you had weapons confiscated? Or told it was past curfew? 

6 hours ago, sattyre said:

Anyone know if there is a hard limit on MCM menus?

There is, but in that case the menu will not show up.

I forget the number. 64 maybe? At least 128 I think, as I currently have 87.

Another limit to number of mods is the story manager. But LL mods do not usually use it much, which is fortunate.

In LE, story manager has a limited time slice and if it can't process everything in the time given it simply stops and returns, leaving those story nodes unchecked.

This is one thing that SE has fixed.

I had many hundreds of mods merged into my old game, and a lot of LL mods, and it was extremely stable.

Now I've updated a great many mods, mostly LL mods, I find that I'm crashing a lot around the Whiterun exterior region in a fairly random way, often in situations where I'm quiet sure memory exhaustion is not remotely an issue as I'm using custom memory blocks and can see what's going on with those - and it can happen very shortly after load.

Other times I can play for hours... As long as I keep away from the wilderness around Whiterun. Even that isn't dependable. I can go anywhere in that region and get no crash. Then another time. Crash.

In this case I suspect a bad NIF somewhere, or something from ELFX. But a NIF that only occasionally appears in any given location.

Maybe it's an animal, or an aroused creature issue?

Or maybe it's a physics crash and there's some wandering unique NPC who has crashtastic physics on her?

It could be almost anything.

In this game I decided to add ELFX Enhancer and Hardcore, which everyone says not to use :) 

I like how they look, but I find many situations where Hardcore specifically has messed up the bounds of rooms causing them not to render properly until I merge back the old bounds into my merge patch.

I've fixed a lot of visual issues, and some annoyances, like the auto-night-eye, but the crashes remain.

Fixing them properly would likely involve days of testing to isolate the cause.

But, LL mods in general don't cause a problem.

Problems aren't specific to "kinds" of mod, or the site they come from.

Everyone knows this, but its a shorthand to say "LL mods" when you probably mean "heavily scripted mods that fire sexlab."

Scripted mods tend to die when stacks are suspended. That's usually caused by mods with certain behaviors, such as cloak-based scanners, or that thrash quest start/stop too much. Starting one quest is nothing, but 100 ... 

And then we've got events that cause thrashing, such as OnHit, OnAnim or trigger box activations.

Problems relate to techniques used, such as story manager, Papyrus threading, or physics, or FNIS.

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I assume you mean the magic license, that might work differently as it checks it at a enforcer stop. Have you had weapons confiscated? Or told it was past curfew? 

Yup I had my weapons and armor stripped off and was standing buck naked with a band around my neck to keep me from casting spells.  Last time was in Kynesgrove.  Enforcer stopped me.  Took all my weapons except the butter knife.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

There is, but in that case the menu will not show up.

I forget the number. 64 maybe?

Another limit to number of mods is the story manager. But LL mods do not usually use it much, which is fortunate.

In LE, story manager has a limited time slice and if it can't process everything in the time given it simply stops and returns, leaving those story nodes unchecked.

This is one thing that SE has fixed.

I had many hundreds of mods merged into my old game, and a lot of LL mods, and it was extremely stable.

Now I've updated a great many mods, mostly LL mods, I find that I'm crashing a lot around the Whiterun exterior region in a fairly random way, often in situations where I'm quiet sure memory exhaustion is not remotely an issue as I'm using custom memory blocks and can see what's going on with those - and it can happen very shortly after load.

At the start of this episode of modding, I did a no no and threw everything and the cat into the box, which was actually a stripped down version of a stable build I have.   I play in SE.   I think I stripped it down to 250 esps.  It ran but very poorly and there where immediate issues.  After I Ended up stripping the heavily scripted mods down to the essentials it was ok, but still a little clunky.  Some of it was bad portes I think.  I went through 3 - 4 versions of Simple Slavery before I found one that worked properly.  The first one I had was right full of critical errors.  Which is the long way of saying that some of what I had then, and possibly still have, wasn't converted properly or had issues because of being converted to SE.   Bad .NIFs can be difficult, and as you say, especially if they are somewhat randomized with only aroused critters.   I ran all my animation mods through Nif Optimizer first and then CAO with the mesh box unchecked.  

The last LL build I made was a few years ago in LE.  I was really expecting SE to shine more with an LL build, but I suspect there are other issues at play here, such as poor conversions for all types of files.  Some of the portes I did myself, and they seem to be ok, but I really don't know how well scripting converts, or if it even needs conversion.  What I have now seems to work ok, but I seem to be at a limit.   I haven't been crashing much, but animations have been glitching out and the skin texture on the pc has been glitching purple once in a while, and other generally undesirable effects such as horses flying around.  So I am guessing that something is still off.  I just have to find it.

Yes your right, I'm bad.  I did mean heavily scripted, and frankly, considering all the types of things LL mods manage to accomplish, they are probably a sight better built then your typical vanilla style mod, by people who have a better understanding of the code.

Your right, taken individually, most LL heavily scripted mods work quite well, but they don't all seem to work well together,   Figuring out what will work out smoothly together  is part of the process.  Realistically  I should test my mods better individually before adding them, and of course reading is the key, but there is also tons of stuff that needs to be read, and your not doing it all in a day or two.

I hope you find your bad nif/ctd issue.

Some kind of universal dialogue framework like you mentioned would be the big money. There'd be an explosion of awesome stuff. You'd have Joe and Jane Schmoes rigging up their own voice lines for fun and submitting them to mod authors to incorporate, or doing addons if they know how.

I have to get out of these bindings soon, or I'll end up as someone's fucktoy.

?

3 hours ago, sattyre said:

Bad .NIFs can be difficult, and as you say, especially if they are somewhat randomized with only aroused critters.

Hmm, critters. I don't think it's the aroused critters, as they haven't been triggered yet.

However, I swapped from sexy fairy replacer I converted and tested myself to Monoman's, so there is some critter difference there.

Probably, it's not critters.

I counted my MCMs and I currently have 87, so I think the limit could be 128.

19 hours ago, Durante said:

I've been testing this synthesizer yesterday, had lots of good results providing the sentences aren't long and matching. I'll be honest though not all of voices are perfected even in the green list, apart from FemaleNord, most still have a robotic residue in the voice whatever the input.

A bit of advice: The tone of the speech, and spoken words is letter capitalization, comma, dot or exclamation mark sensitive. You might get a slightly or completely different result of quality and intonation when for example saying Hello world.... Versus Hello world or Hello world!

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

Don't mess with me bitch.wav 103.06 kB · 1,340 downloads

These sound funny but still almost no robotic sound:

I think some of these would sound better if the insult was in a separate sentence and maybe at the start. 

"Don't mess with me bitch" > "Don't mess with me. bitch!" > "Bitch! Don't mess with me."

2 hours ago, BlueLight said:

I think some of these would sound better if the insult was in a separate sentence and maybe at the start. 

"Don't mess with me bitch" > "Don't mess with me. bitch!" > "Bitch! Don't mess with me."

Maybe in your head it sounds better. Not for the synthesizer.

Hello,

I am having a couple of problems with the tongue features, specifically with the tongue selection mechanism.

I first noticed that the "random" entry in the tongue list seemed to always select the first tongue, then I noticed that sometimes selecting a tongue, retracting it and sticking it out would result in a different tongue being equipped, so I started looking at the source.

From what I gathered, there are two relevant arrays for the tongue selection mechanism:

•   TonguesList: has a size of 18, first element is "stick out/retract", second element is "random", then the 16 tongues. This is the list shown in the tongue selection UI.
  • _SLS_TonguesList: just the 16 tongues

When a tongue is chosen with the wheel UI, TongueMenu() is called, which in turn calls ToggleTongue(MenuSelect) with MenuSelect in the range [0,17].

Withing ToggleTongue(), if MenuSelect is 0, all is good, if it is 1 (meaning "random"), then

akTongue = _SLS_TonguesList.GetAt(MenuSelect - 2)

would result in an out of bounds access. In game, though, the "tongue1" is actually equipped, and always that one. I think an "else if MenuSelect == 1" is needed here to handle the random case.

If I selected "tongue 16" from the wheel menu, MenuSelect would be 17, _SLS_TonguesList.GetAt() would access element at index 15, and LastTongue

LastTongue = MenuSelect + 2

would be 19. I then choose "retract" from the wheel, and subsequently I choose "stick out", the following

Form akTongue = _SLS_TonguesList.GetAt(LastTongue)

will try to access an item at position 19, when the maximum allowed should be 15. What is happening in game is that no tongue is equipped.

If instead of selecting "tongue 16" I select "tongue 8" from the wheel menu, MenuSelect would be 9, _SLS_TonguesList.GetAt() would access element at index 7, and LastTongue would be 11. Retracting and sticking out the tongue would now equip the tongue at index 11, which is "tongue 12", and this is happening in-game.

I think that LastTongue should be equal to MenuSelect minus 2.

ToggleTongue() is also called in _SLS_CumDesperateEffects.psc, in OnMenuOpen()

If !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(_SLS_TongueKeyword)
	AllInOneKey.ToggleTongue(Utility.RandomInt(0, 15))
EndIf

Here i think that the call to ToggleTongue() should be

AllInOneKey.ToggleTongue(Utility.RandomInt(0, 15) + 2)

I also noticed some problems with tongues not being removed from inventory (with player.showinventory), and I think this is happening when cum addiction is high, and daydreaming kicks in. When it happens, I usually have the inventory full of tongues (even more than 1 per type), and equipping a tongue with the wheel no longer works. Perhaps it is related to the above issues.

Please note that I have no experience with Skyrim scripting, but feel free to chastise me if I got it wrong, which could definitely be, given the time.

Anyway, sorry for my rumblings and thanks for a really cool mod and your continued work on it.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:42 PM, Corsayr said:

Hi again! ?

This is also happening when they steal my map and compass. I will still see the UI compass so I won't know it is gone till I try and look at the map. Apparently opening the map check has an independent map and compass check. 

Hi, I was wonder what the freedom license is supposed to do? I couldn't find any description for it in the MCM or on the mod page. My impression based of the name would be that it would allow you to exit walled cities without an escort but that does not seem to work for me, the city gates remain locked.
Would someone mind explaining it's intended effect? Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Foxess said:

I don't know for sure myself, but my best guess is that it is Slaverun specific, and a lack of a freedom license results in enslavement, regardless of anything else you do to avoid it.

7 hours ago, Foxess said:

Like Lupine said the intended effect is probably SLaveRun related or maybe not fully implemented yet. 

However, if you are using my SL Adventures patch the Freedom License makes not wearing a collar legal in towns that have laws requiring the player to wear a collar.