What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

Since the pirates are based in the Iliac bay (the sea in between High Rock and Hammerfell) and have several Nymph crew members already, I wanted to add a high rock/breton nymph to the Black Opal crew.

At first I was gonna just make her something simple, with just a placeholder race,  But... then I had to figure out at least some idea of what a breton nymph would be. 

And... well.. it sort of spiraled out of control from there. 

Spoiler

racespiral3.thumb.jpg.b19b2531a1cd25df062858774f598b2d.jpg

So, the basic idea is using the stamina draining powers of the Nymph you find in game in daggerfall, I wanted to come up with a way to make that interesting. 

1. She gets a little bit of magic resist.  Not a whole lot, but 10% is always useful.

2. She drains stamina on hit.  Starts out at 5 points, and goes up by 5 points every 15 levels (10 per hit at 15, 15 per hit at 30, 20 per hit at 45)

3. Her power attacks cost more than normal (150%), but if her stamina bar is at least 70% full, she multiplies her power attack damage by 1+ (0.01 * stamina).  So if you have 200 total stamina, and have 160 left, this is 80% of her total, and it activates.  With 160 stamina, her power attack damage gets multiplied by 1 + (0.01 * 160).  So her power attack will do 2.6x normal damage!  

4. Her naked power is my way of making her more like the daggerfall Nymph too.  As long as she is naked, she gets an extra layer of mundane resistance that makes her all but invulnerable to iron, steel, and silver weapons.  I actually went back through my daggerfall unity save about a week ago and discovered you couldn't hurt a Nymph with silver weapons either!  Rather than rewrite the lore, I decided to apply this just to the High-Rock Nymph.  The order in which these are applied makes a big difference, so it is set up that the flat reductions apply first, then the % reductions, of both perks.  So the base mundane resistance is damage -7, * 0.5.  The super resistance of the High Nymph is -3, * 0.6.  It seems like a lot smaller effect, but when you apply these in sequence it becomes -10 flat, * 0.3 percentage.  So you take 10 less from every hit and only 30% of whatever exceeds that.  This is enough that you can practically ignore anything with an iron weapon for the first 10-15 levels.  The extra bonus is that the protection from silver is useful most of the game.  The downside is that while it is extremely strong, like the normal Nymph protection it stops helping after level 25 or so.

After all that... I kind of wanted to make the High Nymph crew member more of an actual full-fledged follower.  So I ended up writing her a semi-backstory for now. 

Spoiler

She's an ex-Witch, formerly of the Devilrock Coven.  The Witches of Devilrock, being located in the same province as the necromantic "Order of the Black Worm" (and formerly, the King of Worms) and in a province with Arkay as the favored deity, have a uniquely strong relationship with the Daedric Prince Meridia.  This is similar to how the Glenmoril Witches have a strong relationship with Hircine.  The Devilrock Witches are undead-hunters, and young sisters of the coven train from an early age to fight and kill all sorts of undead creatures with both magic and martial technique.

Ms. Breton-Nymph (who does not have a name yet) grew up in the coven believing she was a human, but as she grew older (and didn't age) she began to realize that she was a Nymph, and her sisters knew this.  So, finding out she had been deceived she, had a falling out with the Bedlam and the Coven.  She was likely left in the care of the Witches after her mother died of Nymph-Blight, a magical disease of unknown origin that affects only Nymphii.  

From what I've got written out at the moment, Ms. Breton-Nymph is not actually a pirate, she's a mercenary contracted with the Black Opal pirates for the specific purposes of dealing with the undead.  Her contract stipulates that she only has to participate in a battle that involves skeletons, zombies, draugr, ghosts, vampires, or necromancers.  Her personality is sort of the "super-talented-but-reluctant-hero and somewhat lazy" type.  Not lazy-hedonist like Arborea, more lazy like "everything takes too much effort."

Creativity in bursts, right?

Not sure when I will actually make this a playable race.

Also, side note from that picture.   It's been a while since I had seen the stats of the Nymph from daggerfall. 

I remembered that the Nymph was extremely fast/agile (twice as nimble as a khajiit), but I kind of forgot that the Nymph was supernaturally smart too.  By comparison, your average altmer or breton, back in the games that used stats, had intelligence/willpower of 50/40.

... we discovered another Sexy Bandit Captive victim of this evil slavery trade.

Now, we're trying to figure out how to open an experty locked cage and later to unbind her from the devious restraints. ?

S125023.jpg.a4950ebd51a5e5cd8a784f54aa5ba8f9.jpg

Kudos to @Blackbird Wanderer

Spoiler

.. err, yes. Of course it was easy. Thank you, Vilja.

No, those locks are no match for "us". Indeed, laughable.

S125025.jpg.6a6dcf06321a2973d24626cfd7d7ad4c.jpg

Wondering why I can't pick a lock and spring the Alik'r prisoner instead of paying a fine or using a Solution to the problem...

Spoiler

ScreenShot187.jpg.5cee26c2c43f843b265217a5e671e56f.jpgScreenShot188.jpg.201ba9c1f90c45eed95a69cd902d625c.jpgScreenShot190.jpg.98a2c5ca0b4bb9fc30c02a8ddac1928c.jpg

I mean, especially if you're in the Thieves Guild or have been arrested and broke out through the tunnels, you ought to know how to sneak back in through the guard's barracks and open the cell grate from below.  As it is, that's a static object and even if you disable it you can't even jump through it, at least not from below.

Here's me, on route 3-4 hours out from Dawnstar on foot as a courier to what I assume to be a place in Whiterun hold called Blackmore.

Spoiler

20190505221832_1.jpg.4ab5864c717bb5deb542e5bfc66e051d.jpg

It wasn't Blackmore. -_-

It was Greymore, and I had to kill like 3 bandits to escape, despite being weary from my trip.

Blackmore was further along, and there was nobody by the name of Ritchie there but it did have a cool automatic front gate. 0_0

There I made a small fortune (for a barbarian anyways) before losing it all in Whiterun city itself when learning the ways of crafting.

The prices in Whiterun are terrible.  Shameful, is what it is.

13 minutes ago, ZMD78 said:

gothic makeup done by me, pacifier and gagball recolour;)

ScreenShot142.png

ScreenShot65.png

Is that a proper mod? 
Because hell yes I want and need this strapped pacifier gag for my character. Especially if it's got DD

Finding interesting things deep underground. think this is from either Skyrim underground, or a Sewers mod I have installed, but it caught me by surprise because it is off an already beaten path and seems to be a time machine from the 5E that crashed here who knows how long before I found it. Pretty cool find if I must say.

43123441_enb2019_05_0423_40_08_86.png.4f5b0c9411c1c92aa1468d543d562c72.png

13 hours ago, Leytra said:

Is that a proper mod? 
Because hell yes I want and need this strapped pacifier gag for my character. Especially if it's got DD

Its two mods, one is from lovers lab here:( but ive recoloured them)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2766-diaper-lovers-skyrim/

and the gagball from one ive converted and recoloured here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22899

8 hours ago, ZMD78 said:

Its two mods, one is from lovers lab here:( but ive recoloured them)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2766-diaper-lovers-skyrim/

and the gagball from one ive converted and recoloured here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22899

Darn, I was hoping it was an actual mod, jus a kitbash though.

Don't supposed anyone here's got some blender skills and time to waste? :P

On 5/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, Leytra said:

Darn, I was hoping it was an actual mod, jus a kitbash though.

Don't supposed anyone here's got some blender skills and time to waste? :P

? its just two mods u can wear both peices together as one..so theres no need for someone to turn into 1 mod ?

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:35 AM, Distortedrealms said:

Finding interesting things deep underground. think this is from either Skyrim underground, or a Sewers mod I have installed, but it caught me by surprise because it is off an already beaten path and seems to be a time machine from the 5E that crashed here who knows how long before I found it. Pretty cool find if I must say.

I'm still trying to work out whether that is a normal sized skellie next to a giant urn or a midget skellie next to a regular sized urn. I'm guesssiing the former as there is a sheet of paper next to the skellie. Unless it's a postage stamp? :(

Spoiler

20190512122710_1.jpg.b54cba725b4969eee77bde2178c0aaa5.jpg

Started as a bandit up in the north.  Real chilly.  Some Thalmor goons from the nearby embassy decided to heat things up.  Annihilated all three of my fellow bandits, leaving me because I just look like some hapless douche.  Wandered out and attempted to make it through to Dawnstar, evading the prison overhaul bounty hunter who was now on my ass.

Spoiler

20190512142323_1.jpg.4c213b18c15d30c5e85dba23817dde9e.jpg

Some big hulking winged thing rushed me halfway between Dawnstar and Solitude and I awoke in a cave with stinky earless vagina-nosed grumpy pantses.  Eventually the hounty hunter came down, and some Dawnguard but they couldn't finish the job.  After an hour of waiting for an escape and catching a bunch of crippling illnesses and not being able to escape the hounds I concluded I once again hit a brick wall and re-rolled. -_-  Somehow I made this game into a rogue-like.

I've heard of having a fire in your loins but this is ridiculous.

Spoiler

fireloins.png.11bf47298e69f3db8c8eb56ca1b15fcf.png

Also checking out updates of both Run for Your Lives and LAL, two mods by Arthmoor that were quietly updated for LE alongside USLEEP. I honestly thought he'd jumped on the SSE/Cancer Club train for good and wasn't looking back. But since I avoid the Nexus forums like the plague they are, IDK WTF is going on with him coming back to Oldrim.

31 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I've heard of having a fire in your loins but this is ridiculous.

Reveal hidden contents

fireloins.png.11bf47298e69f3db8c8eb56ca1b15fcf.png

Also checking out updates of both Run for Your Lives and LAL, two mods by Arthmoor that were quietly updated for LE alongside USLEEP. I honestly thought he'd jumped on the SSE/Cancer Club train for good and wasn't looking back. But since I avoid the Nexus forums like the plague they are, IDK WTF is going on with him coming back to Oldrim.

I'd like to think Arthy secretly got smart and doesn't want to admit to his fans that Special Edition is a mistake because money and all that shiz. What likely happened was that Mod makers are in a weird position where they got to to export to Special Edition on the LE forums and legendary Edition on the SE forums which they normally had no need to listen until Patreon came along and turned the internet into a business. Of course (at least in my humble opinion) the SE fans are painful enough on the Nexus Forums. Go back to your own shitty forums dammit!

26 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

I'd like to think Arthy secretly got smart and doesn't want to admit to his fans that Special Edition is a mistake

That would be some delicious irony. The only thing more perfect would Elianora admitting--openly or otherwise--that the Cancer Club is a mistake after her rather vocal defense of it.

Maybe I'm just horribly naive but I still keep "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang ready just in case the CC ever dies. Hopefully it does before I do.

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That would be some delicious irony. The only thing more perfect would Elianora admitting--openly or otherwise--that the Cancer Club is a mistake after her rather vocal defense of it.

Maybe I'm just horribly naive but I still keep "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang ready just in case the CC ever dies. Hopefully it does before I do.

It is hard to say. Skyrim is already 8 years old and many modders have moved on to other things.

32 bits is still quite a lot. That is like 2 to the 32nd power and then some at any given- the point is that we'll have to wait and see. We will be playing 32 bit Skyrim for some time to come at least until Bethesda gets its head out out of their own ass.

I started up new again and rolled big this time.  And I got a PAHE sidekick right off the bat!

Spoiler

20190514230616_1.jpg.0055ad2a1876044f45c5f19cbb5f1615.jpg

And He.  Is.  CUUUUTE!

So I had to train him and break him in ASAP!

Spoiler

TrainingDay.jpg.2a882a058b93ac353197ed10b81e39c6.jpg

The next morning we were stinky from all the training, so we set out on a quest to travel to purify ourselves in the waters of lake Minnetonka.

But when we got there....

Spoiler

CitizenSnips.jpg.16a423d10a5fa6bb18ef1c06caa85134.jpg

We were attacked!  BY CITIZEN SNIPS!!!!!

It was an epic battle.  Back and forth we fought!  And I forgot to take pics of it.  My sidekick stayed back, as it was quite dangerous and those pincers might end up just snip sniping straight through the string of his crossbow and decapitating him...

When things were looking grim...we were saved...

Spoiler

819950428_SirSpooks.jpg.b143b60b4244be39e006c27f3255f7ab.jpg

by a brave skeleton hero.  After fighting him back into the waters he bent a knee and swore his allegiance to me.  I knighted him Sir Spooks!  He then lent me his shield...

Spoiler

CounteringSnips.jpg.217e9ca8b42e9ede3e2a04b6849d192a.jpg

with which I finished off the dastardly Citizen Snips once and for all!

True story.

Experimenting with a new character and coming up with a backstory. So far she's a blind warrior who can somehow see with heightened other senses. I might cobble a mod together doing something with Detect Life/Dead effects, although having recently escaped after being captured, blinded and experimented on by sorcerers, she's pretty anti-magic.

I think she was probably tempted to beat the crap out of Ralof when he insensitively pointed to Bleak Falls and said, "See that ruin up there?" (That's not his body behind her.)

Spoiler

Skadi.jpg.c713743ef02559c43f67534aba974188.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

LAL, two mods by Arthmoor that were quietly updated for LE 

Spotter badge awarded. I missed it.

There again on checking - the 'update' is 3.1.7 and I already have 3.1.7. So what has changed?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Spotter badge awarded. I missed it.

There again on checking - the 'update' is 3.1.7 and I already have 3.1.7. So what has changed?

The Thalmor start had a bug that made Diplomatic Immunity triggers fail fixed and the Forsworn start's chest was changed so it was facing the right way. At least according to Arth's changelog on Nexus, which is dated 13/5/19.