What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

For the second time in this game, on the road near Ft Sungard Bloody Pit and the bandits in the nearby camp attacked us. The gels went menkul and I went off to Old Hrolden. Tried the EFF teleport power but was still to close to the bandits so they beamed in and immediately ran back to the bandits.

En route to the inn I killed a bear, a wolf, a Dozy Bastards Assassin and a sabrecat. I ignored the mudcrab up near the inn. I got into the inn (to check out a potential follower) and everyone is freaking out - running around or cowering. No follower in there, probably me getting mixed up, so I left the inn and headed up towards Soljund's.

Still no sign of the gels and I'm attacked at Soljund's (for the second time this game) by one of the residents from Settlements Expanded. It might of been her gear but something was sucking my health like crazy. I backed off a bit to recover when suddenly I'm getting hammered by Sinbad from HSO. I'm a tad miffed by this stage so I ran off.

Still no sign of the gels as I continue on and loop round to Rorikstead to check the inn there. As I approach the town I get attacked by a couple of ash hoppers courtesy of HSO. I kill them and enter Rorikstead by the back gate and kill a couple more hoppers who have killed one of the guards.

Everything seems okay now but just as I approach the inn people start going mental again. I ignore them and enter the inn but everyone is going mental in there. Rorik and his mate are sat at a table, calm as you like, the bar staff are cowering and the several potential followers in there have weapons drawn. I'm now more than a tad miffed so I exited the inn with the intention of killing the ash hoppers so I can do what I came to do.

Outside, no sign of ash hoppers - nothing on the radar. Some people are running home, the courier is saying 'somebody do something' and the guards are just sandboxing. Meanwhile the potential followers have followed me outside:

ScreenShot201.thumb.jpg.33f1fb728fcc491a0940911b131a27d5.jpg

The naked one is Tomoe the Slayer (I think she is naked because I changed her body or something, last game). The torch-bearer is Airen, from HSO I think. Behind me, down by the fence is the follower I came to see, Kaitlyn, and she is there with her fists up apparantly weaponless.

I walked out onto the main road, saved and exited.

Trying to trick the authorities.

Spoiler

No, you can't check my backpack.

Skyrim572.png.28385dea0971449ed6e4bc187ebd7ef7.png

Spoiler

Finally got the time to try out one of my boyfriend's mods.

It doesn't add much, just the possibility to be approached by guard when you got alot of stuff with you.

They then ask you to strip down everthing so they can check if you have any illegal and/or stolen goods with you.

If you happen to have drugs or stolen items with you, you will be brought to justice.

However, you can, just like vanilla, either bribe, persuade, or fight the guard. If you fail to bribe the guard, you'll go straight to jail.

Failure in persuading them will grant you a second chance invloving sexual payment.

Playing 'Guess the film' in Brood Cavern.

229173063_BroodCavern.thumb.jpg.37bebf74233cb7af8be1ff166d052f2e.jpg

Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr in 'From Here To Paternity'.

Wondering 'what now?' in Folgunthur.

Folgunthur.thumb.jpg.b9ba43b092403b6b2ec58a76ac858864.jpg

I could see it almost as soon as I walked through the door.

A close up. Anyone know what it is/was? Might be draugr as I could loot something.

1166434700_Folgunthur1.thumb.jpg.a010bf2f548648ac826d8edced49b038.jpg

On 6/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Thinking that it must be colder than I thought.

I think, if you mean a frost troll at a fire means it is too cold for the troll, that isn't a "frost" troll. It looks a bit pink/purple, and that opens up a whole bunch of other questions.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Wondering 'what now?' in Folgunthur

I am pretty sure there is a draugr up there, and there might be a chest.  I'll have a look in an hour or so, maybe.

Going by your second pic I think you were looking at what should have been a draugr corpse.  No idea why it and only it was trying to use a broken nif. Do you have a mod that changes some of the skins? I've seen some that add other armors or change the clothing of them.

Spoiler

ScreenShot316.jpg.e85babcb6dd51cc6dbd39a0205f2a71e.jpgScreenShot317.jpg.aaafb310ebedc322826014e35d7a2117.jpg

14 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I think, if you mean a frost troll at a fire means it is too cold for the troll,

The location was Bthardamz Outskirts Forsworn Camp which I think is usually snowy.

Thanks for the info on Folgunther. It might be a new little mod I got from LL  - Draugr1_0  - which is supposed to give female draugr bounce n jiggle. Only contains 5 mesh files, 2 hvy arm, 1 lt arm. 1 med arm (?) and 1 draugr female. I think I'll wait for v2. to hit the streets.

EDIT: Removed Draugr1_0 and the problem went away. It was a female draugr.

Next problem was that Dralas (?) didn't have the claw or his notes on him. Tried resetinventory but that didn't work so I had to use AIM to get the claw.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The location was Bthardamz Outskirts Forsworn Camp which I think is usually snowy.

I was making a play on a frost troll not being frosty, but a pink troll might need a fire. I did remember you have a greenery overhaul so I didn't expect snow there, was just focusing on the troll and the fire.

Decided to take the old skyship deep into the world of Rudra and journeyed towards the large whirlwind you can see from the distance and was amazed to see inside were a swarm of dragons circling a large open pit with these massive bones of some ancient reptilian creatures inside, with one in particular glowing red and pulsating. Once I was inside the whirlwind the entire world changed from a nice blue sky to an alien world that took my breath away. Check out some screens I took. Kudos to the author of this world to set up great visuals, and some interesting mysteries all over. 

Spoiler

1316583876_enb2019_06_1420_17_56_19.png.11248d3a564baec1e666ff49d972aeff.png943910877_enb2019_06_1420_19_15_26.png.a1653dab750611b33d857eeff92d42cf.png1657133511_enb2019_06_1420_23_32_09.png.a237e3114e13cfd848a39ec9fe7a1810.png552720198_enb2019_06_1420_25_00_15.png.84b1b77fc1565491391c0a06cc2b4aa2.png1642235425_enb2019_06_1420_26_16_34.png.22e39eb3648cc6a1a2feffc607284a70.png1806931033_enb2019_06_1420_29_53_40.png.7e34a1a09faf989edb6cc3ae39324089.png

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Famous last words but I don't think I've seen her in this play.

Just installed Enemy Plus.

She comes later I think. On new games I always start at level 40 and go from there so I see all the big baddies, and loot, from the get go. Actually I ran into that one nice wizard girl from the same mod, forget her name but you see her in the load screens sometimes (melon, or something similar), but she got launched by a giant and I couldn't find her. Sucked because all this time I have seen her only once.

Enemy Plus goes really well with HPSO in my experience. Watch out for the giant frost trolls at later levels though, yikes.

Finally getting around to a new playthrough, putting together a new modlist, thrashing up a new character and rejoicing that I found a pose mod that isn't 300 variations of "Stand around looking slutty"

Lyra Lustheart, Nordic bard. Despite being a Nord she ain't been in Skyrim long, only comming here after been chased out of Wayrest by a mob of angry wives.

1.png

She's currently plotting, to lead a certain innocent youth astray...

3.png

4 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Finally getting around to a new playthrough, putting together a new modlist, thrashing up a new character and rejoicing that I found a pose mod that isn't 300 variations of "Stand around looking slutty"

Hide contents

Lyra Lustheart, Nordic bard. Despite being a Nord she ain't been in Skyrim long, only comming here after been chased out of Wayrest by a mob of angry wives.

As his father says "big enough to wear the armor, not clever enough to get the chest its in open."

I meant to ask (I think it was you) where the tat of a kiss mark and "Elisif was here" is from.  Did you make it?

9 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I meant to ask (I think it was you) where the tat of a kiss mark and "Elisif was here" is from.  Did you make it?

The Lipstick tattoo is from here.

The "Elisif was here" I just scribbled on her in fotoshops. It was origionally gonna be "Elenwen was here." But when I went to fetch her I noticed somethin' in my load order has seriously borked the thalmor's head, so Elisif was a stand in whilst I went off to fix it. :3

Well I'm finally done with all of the stuff I had to do at the end of the semester (finals and moving to another apartment THEN another big exam. fun times) so now I have time to work on the big update in progress I've got planned.  Which... I sort of said would be done by mid-june.  Oops.

I had to go back and redo a couple normals that were baked inverted and in the process I realized I had baked some of the detail maps that are part of the nymph followers' face normals inverted too.  So instead of just fixing the old ones I decided to refine the maps a little more using some advanced caging techniques I have learned along the way.  Generated new mesh mapped normals, built new detail textures, and layered it together in photoshop a little more accurately.

yul1.jpg.8a962295cca3cd276c4056eb9329d5a2.jpg

lyk2.jpg.da25b2123f761c7161ed15038579e573.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the results!  The fine details are a bit hard to see in a jpg at a cropped down resolution, but the other big thing is the more realistic shadowing that lights the face relative to the face geometry.  

Some 4k close ups so you can see the details better

Spoiler

yul2-4k.thumb.jpg.0304a42537ee0d4f94ad0b9b7144432f.jpg

lyk1-4k.thumb.jpg.94278a3b72c8b8a54677702dcf86c99c.jpg

I think I have about 3/4 of the update done now.  The only thing left is the other 4 follower ultimate abilities and then some pre-release playtesting. 

Also, I have decided I am going to make the breton high-nymph race into a full fledged playable nymph race as part of a 2nd separate update some time later this summer.  

I raged quit and uninstalled skyrim, MO2, and every skyrim related file from my disk because of continous CTDs and suspicion of corrupted files. I'll take some time to rest, calm down, play a different thing, then review my mod list, remove non essential mods from it, retry again from scratch.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:27 PM, v48342 said:

I raged quit and uninstalled skyrim, MO2, and every skyrim related file from my disk because of continous CTDs and suspicion of corrupted files. I'll take some time to rest, calm down, play a different thing, then review my mod list, remove non essential mods from it, retry again from scratch.

Why not read up on how to install and properly configure Skyrim so that it doesn't continually CTD?

On 6/20/2019 at 4:21 AM, The First Lady of Hats said:

Hide contents

1.png

3.png

Your character looks so good! And thanks for reminding me that this journal mod exists, needs to add it to my game asap.

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Why not read up on how to install and properly configure Skyrim so that it doesn't continually CTD?

Quite a tiny bit aggresive reply, huh? Experimenting with new mods sooner or later must find some unusable combination. Anyway, I took me only two days to come back, less than I expected.

This time I'm playing again the vanilla start after so long, just at the exit of the Helgen underground:

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png.cc8cec409864ec9d6ecbf042841a8dab.png