What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

Finished another follower ultimate ability!  This time it's Synne.

synneult2.thumb.jpg.83ad7be9ac8d595d54dae73648b336c8.jpg

Mistress Synne's ultimate ability is THE DOOM OF TAMRIEL (bwa ha ha ha ha ha!), and it is a super powered "Flames of Sin" cloak that creates sin-firewalls under anyone who gets hit. If they don't move, they die extremely fast. If they move, they only die kind-of-sort-of fast.  

Spoiler

synneultcast1.thumb.jpg.d3dcf516025c9908fe9608aa988ac023.jpg

synneultcast2.thumb.jpg.aa04e691ebe5dd09e7bc3a7c03cbf4d1.jpg

synneultcast3.thumb.jpg.d75f85afd03978b453529ecc41946c3a.jpg

You might be thinking, "Oh gee a flame cloak how original," ?

HEH ?

Screenshots can't really do this justice, so I threw together a little video clip to demonstrate.  It has a radius like a football field, can't be resisted, and has no LOS restrictions.  You can't hide from THE DOOM.  

It's balanced by the fact that it only lasts about 35 seconds, and it tapers off sharply half way through, so it only has about 15-16 seconds of full power.  Also, she can only use it once every 10 minutes (real time).  Took me a while to get the cooldown to work correctly, but I'm glad I did because I didn't want it to be a mediocre power.  In the process I discovered completely by accident that I had mistakenly given synne the wrong setting for her magic scaling perk.  So... flames of sin was not scaling at all!  One more careless bug.  

On 4/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I've even been tossing around ideas in my head for things I'd like to see in a Hammerfell-based TES game

Wasn't there already one of those?  There were lots of cannons, or so I've been told.

Same as usual these days: testing spells in Cronvangr Cave. This one is called "Familiar Spirit"

testing_spells.png

The early Reachmen knew him as Ulvutukitig, the great spirit wolf that lusted for carnal knowledge of mortal women.  Though the Wolf was too powerful to be compelled by normal means, the First Era Mage, Korneum the Objectionable, made Compact with the spirit. Under the terms of the Compact Ulvutukitig can be called to Mundus to slake his lusts on one of the caster's slaves. Once sufficiently appeased, the Wolf will suffer himself to be called to fight for the caster until such time as he manages to rape and subdue an enemy so that they may be added to the caster's slaves. After which, the Wolf must once again be appeased by offerings of sex with slaves.

Also, it's really weird the way the wolf shader stops the slavetats stockings from rendering :)

5 hours ago, goaway said:

Wasn't there already one of those?  There were lots of cannons, or so I've been told.

That was Elder Scrolls Adventure: Redguard. Not a bad game by itself but also not much of an ES title, either. More like an adventure-puzzle game painted with the ES brush. And there was just one cannon. It doesn't get much attention because it was a flop in terms of sales. Same as BattlespireLegends, Shadowkey, and (if there's any justice) Blades. Fans don't want spin-offs; we want a full game!

I normally do the work on my book mod in TesEdit but editing leveled lists is easier in the CK due to drag and drop. I also thought it might be easier to take the Note Object I was using to display a whole list of pictures for size/color testing and make the actual single image notes. I had 30 such "random pinup" notes (generally use for bandit loot, and excluding the ones for mages (warlocks, necromancers and such) as well as Thalmor ) and after working on one book I was up to 60.  I didn't realize I'd had that many I hadn't done yet.

When I get to it I'll probably release the thing somewhat as is and let everyone chime in on what loot boxes each should go into. There will be some limits based on leveled loot lists that exist and which ones I'll have to add to things (Hunters for example don't have their own list and I'm nervous about adding a leveled list to the 4 template NPCs).

Spoiler

700077457_bookworkspace.jpg.5d662f5d976aff995fa7b6dae8192f72.jpg

5 points if anyone wants to try and name my Taskbar icons :P

6 hours ago, karlpaws said:

5 points if anyone wants to try and name my Taskbar icons :P

Explorer. firefox, thunderbird, chrome, notepad, paint? gmail, gogle maps, the Gimp, notepad++, libre office write, no idea, some card game - maybe freecell.

7 hours ago, DocClox said:

Explorer. firefox, thunderbird, chrome, notepad, paint? gmail, gogle maps, the Gimp, notepad++, libre office write, no idea, some card game - maybe freecell.

Enough for points, though I have Notepad 2 replacing the standard one, Paint Shop Pro 7 is what I use mostly since it loads a lot faster than GIMP and I don't do DDS stuff, and Clementine for music playing.

Working on nymph preset placement right now.  Giving them all unique classes is a lot of work, but hopefully it will make them interesting.

Atm I have started with the Blended Nymph and Night Nymph girls, since it makes sense for them to be in towns/cities.  

The blended Nymphii are found in smaller rural inns, whereas the Night Nymphii are placed in large city taverns.

Spoiler

This Blended Nymph girl must be some sort of warrior who goes adventuring in draugr burial sites.

blend1.thumb.jpg.160a12b58c7f3a898482a5eedb8589f0.jpg

This Blended Nymph girl is apparently working as a guard.

blend2.thumb.jpg.f69120786a5517190a9acb501e6fe1e2.jpg

This Blended Nymph girl must be a hunter of some sort.

blend3.thumb.jpg.13cb9ed114d2777ca2a34c9910d26e11.jpg

This Blended Nymph girl could be a mage, but she's a long way from the college.

blend4.jpg

This Night Nymph seems to be a member of the thieve's guild!

night1.thumb.jpg.993236de5d7e669c4adda6615eae3803.jpg

This Night Nymph is working as a tavern wench.  I bet she gets a lot of tips!

night2.thumb.jpg.219df962cb182b34b51d11ef9e7e635f.jpg

This Night Nymph looks like trouble... is she an assassin?

night3.thumb.jpg.4368ce6096865a43306e1a03e05c17d7.jpg

This Night Nymph looks like a noblewoman.  I wonder if the locals see her as an imperial or a dunmer?

night4.thumb.jpg.6abcf2138e7fc4876c2db2aef13261af.jpg

This Night Nymph does not seem to be hiding her true nature, or she just forgot to get dressed; a hard thing to remember when you are a Nymph! 

And what's that next to her?  Why, that's the play, "Squire Elf!"  Could this be the famous "Unknown Bard"?!

night5.thumb.jpg.128bfa32a41e6a0017c7506c80e5de9b.jpg

I'm gonna start placing the "wild" nymphii next (the kind that don't wear clothes).

Finished placing most of the wilderness nymphii.  Making separate classes, perks, and spell lists for all of these girls feels like I'm building 21 separate mini-followers, and making a sort of "waifu scavenger hunt".  

Wood and Desert Nymphii

Spoiler

This Desert Nymph seems to have an interest in mining.  I wonder why?

desert1.thumb.jpg.6f8e8e9b6d886eda45ddfe3aed37a147.jpg

This Desert Nymph is dealing with a group of horkers who have tried to claim her grotto.  It looks like this is not the first time she has had to deal with this problem.

desert2.thumb.jpg.d2d52e6e95142ae9924c8c9b19b3e57e.jpg

This Desert Nymph looks like a skilled warrior.  Maybe she's adventuring?

desert3.thumb.jpg.f9b0c75be9e190d0337f8a8d4e110f1f.jpg

This Wood Nymph is very friendly, and maybe a bit of a tease.

wood1.thumb.jpg.19e845dffc4333e7ab4ac66503371602.jpg

This Wood Nymph seems uncomfortable having visitors.  She looks a little shy.

wood2.thumb.jpg.12612c43f035121b2a87357a9c23ad6e.jpg

This Wood Nymph is quite friendly too.  She seems to get along just fine with the local spriggans.

wood3.thumb.jpg.da51aac9639b55ff64087760035fe9d5.jpg

This Wood Nymph is unusually bold!  She found the Alchemist's shack empty, and made herself at home. 

I'm not sure she fully understands the mortal concept of "property ownership."

wood4.thumb.jpg.3abe8d619e7edf3146103357638ce4e9.jpg

56 minutes ago, goaway said:

Finished placing most of the wilderness nymphii.  Making separate classes, perks, and spell lists for all of these girls feels like I'm building 21 separate mini-followers, and making a sort of "waifu scavenger hunt".  

Wood and Desert Nymphii

Hide contents

This Wood Nymph is unusually bold!  She found the Alchemist's shack empty, and made herself at home. 

I'm not sure she fully understands the mortal concept of "property ownership."

Possession is 9/10 of the law and a lawyer has to argue the other 10th in court.

Or, she's just renting... helping the alchemist out. Doing the grunt work of mashing and grinding.

Finished the Beast Nymph presets.  That's all of them now!

Besides being a more aggressive subtype, Beast Nymphii tend to live in more dangerous environments than their Wood Nymph cousins, preferring jungles, swamps, or caves to groves and meadows, and are used to dealing with would-be predators.  Wildlife in Elsweyr or Black Marsh usually know better than to pick a fight with any Nymph that has a tail.  

In Skyrim, the indigenous species do not seem familiar enough with the Beast Nymph to have learned this lesson yet, so the local bears and trolls still foolishly believe themselves at the top of the food chain.

Spoiler

This kitty found a shack full of fish, and couldn't resist.  Oddly enough, that was probably the same reason the bear decided to claim it from the original owner.  I hope this doesn't become a pattern.

khajBN2.thumb.jpg.fcbedd73bfd7381eef226d0ead99ea70.jpg

This kitty found a house full of mice, and couldn't resist.  I do hope she doesn't plan on eating them.  They look a little mangy.

khajBN1.thumb.jpg.4d73b4424c379427a4e30eecc6f3eba9.jpg

This kitty looks very sneaky.  That bear is in for a surprise.  We probably shouldn't disturb her.

khajBN3.thumb.jpg.110cf785e24696d0be8fe7123c03a18e.jpg

This Argonian Nymph has no tolerance for bears that get too cocky.  She must have overheard the locals complaining about all those damn bears. 

She lives very close to a cave with a Khajiit Beast Nymph (seen above).  Do you think the rumors about Beast Nymphii living in groups and claiming males for "shared use" are true?

argoBN2.thumb.jpg.22a7285920e317314d2a79ad2ceb25a5.jpg

This Argonian Nymph looks like she's about to go hunting.  She seems friendlier than most.

argoBN1.thumb.jpg.9d94f327647af1373a2e673ef7646377.jpg

This Argonian Nymph looks a little battle-hardened.  With no weapon, she must be a powerful mage to live in such a dangerous cave.

argoBN3.thumb.jpg.410e2c0b4a8adb4533db70fb9764c57e.jpg

On 4/23/2019 at 8:50 PM, karlpaws said:

Possession is 9/10 of the law and a lawyer has to argue the other 10th in court.

Or, she's just renting... helping the alchemist out. Doing the grunt work of mashing and grinding.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:12 AM, Grey Cloud said:

That's a capitalist-materialist concept. When all is the Brahman, Tao or Nirvana then there is neither owner or owned. :cool:

Tell that to Jarl Law-Giver!  I don't think "squatter's rights" are part of Riften's code of law.

2 hours ago, goaway said:

Tell that to Jarl Law-Giver!  I don't think "squatter's rights" are part of Riften's code of law.

I always run into ice wraiths at the Weynon Stones, hope she's ready for them.

That alchemist's shack is nearly in Falkreath, so Laila might not know about it or care.  If she does become meddlesome, connections with Anuriel, Maven (via Ingun or Sibbi) or Brynjolf if really necessary, should deal with that.

Besides, either the alchemist gets along with the nymph or there isn't anyone to report the dispute in shack ownership anyway. ☠️

10 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I always run into ice wraiths at the Weynon Stones, hope she's ready for them.

That alchemist's shack is nearly in Falkreath, so Laila might not know about it or care.  If she does become meddlesome, connections with Anuriel, Maven (via Ingun or Sibbi) or Brynjolf if really necessary, should deal with that.

Besides, either the alchemist gets along with the nymph or there isn't anyone to report the dispute in shack ownership anyway. ☠️

I'm pretty sure the alchemist in question is dead. There's a dead one floating in a nearby pond that happens to be the home of atleast one spriggan iirc.

13 hours ago, goaway said:

Riften? "Code of law" ?

Hmmm, ? If you say so?

I'm not thaaaat certain, that they follow the common concepts that we know from the rest of Tamriel.

Spoiler

a1.jpg.97c42f46df757861a6fd71f06fa82784.jpga2.jpg.917f1082c657d8cc2c1442a1a041b8f2.jpga3.jpg.13d882d8b9fcff39ba3b96d1d1222cfe.jpg

My character met Borgakh the Steel Heart and employed the orc for some dedicated mercenary work. Unfortunately, a few recent jobs didn't go exactly as planned and we lost most of our gold. Turns out orc mercenaries can get rather creative when it come to the dragonborn paying their debts.

doing.jpg.c68eff9cc1aa35d01af7c436e00620e5.jpg

10 hours ago, worik said:

Riften? "Code of law" ?

Hmmm, ? If you say so?

I'm not thaaaat certain, that they follow the common concepts that we know from the rest of Tamriel.

Just because the rules are capricious and arbitrary doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't enforced.  You know the golden rule, right? The one with the gold makes the rules... that's why Maven is really Jarl whether she's on this chair or that one.

10 hours ago, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

I'm pretty sure the alchemist in question is dead. There's a dead one floating in a nearby pond that happens to be the home of atleast one spriggan iirc.

We were talking about the shack between Ivarstead and the Rift Imperial camp. I don't know if the guy travelled from there all the way the spriggan pond in Falkreath, though since there's a journal in both locations it could be a singular, literate, alchemist.  More than likely he ran into trouble with a local bear or other fauna.

Either way, yeah, he's quite probably dead and unlikely to dispute the property ownership. All that is irrelevant I guess to the nymph understanding, or not, the mortal concept of property ownership.

4 hours ago, Wayward1 said:

My character met Borgakh the Steel Heart and employed the orc for some dedicated mercenary work. Unfortunately, a few recent jobs didn't go exactly as planned and we lost most of our gold. Turns out orc mercenaries can get rather creative when it come to the dragonborn paying their debts.

doing.jpg.c68eff9cc1aa35d01af7c436e00620e5.jpg

Damn thats the coolest Borkagh i've ever seen! one place my skyrim definitely needs more variation in the vanilla followers dept. i would love to be able to edit each one how i see them.

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:
18 hours ago, worik said:

Just because the rules are capricious and arbitrary doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't enforced.  You know the golden rule, right? The one with the gold makes the rules... that's why Maven is really Jarl whether she's on this chair or that one.

lawlessbeasts.jpg.1be32f74db5d2877c7fc8be0c95f9199.jpg

Q: What are you doing right now in Skyrim?

A: Making something rather silly.