Been playing Skyrim with sexlab for like forever and have on occasion wandered over to FO4, but I can never seem to grasp how to properly use AAF...

I have found plenty of guides on how to install AAF, thats not a problem, but I cant seem to find anything at all on how to actually use AAF. Like what settings I can do, are there any ?   ...for example, can I switch position between two actors ?  (FF anims always seem to put PC in top position but I want her as bottom)   Can I disable some animations I dont want to use ?    

Plz point me in the right direction cause I obviously lack the skill to figure all of this out on my own  :)

4 hours ago, spyke123 said:

Been playing Skyrim with sexlab for like forever and have on occasion wandered over to FO4, but I can never seem to grasp how to properly use AAF...

I have found plenty of guides on how to install AAF, thats not a problem, but I cant seem to find anything at all on how to actually use AAF. Like what settings I can do, are there any ?   ...for example, can I switch position between two actors ?  (FF anims always seem to put PC in top position but I want her as bottom)   Can I disable some animations I dont want to use ?    

Plz point me in the right direction cause I obviously lack the skill to figure all of this out on my own  :)

Once you've loaded the game, press the Home key on your keyboard and AAF's on-screen interface should be displayed. It has context hints and instructions in the interface which should be fairly self-explanatory to do things like manually select actors and initiate a scene.

That said, AAF is, as its name implies, only a framework. The on-screen menu is useful for troubleshooting and diagnostics, but it is not intended as the primary interface to AAF. Instead, it's assumed you'll be using mods which call AAF as their backend for playing animations. Also AAF doesn't include any animations itself, you'll need to choose whose animation packs you want to install for use with it.

8 hours ago, spyke123 said:

Have you looked at the wiki?

5 hours ago, AlphaBones said:

I got a problem with clothes staying on during sex scenes. Everything else works but clothes stay on. Am I missing a mod or something?

There are options for these settings during AAF installation.

Hi,

i looked into the AAF_equipmentsetdata.xml and am curious if we can use different conditions for the different types of animations (like oral,vaginal,anal). something like:

<condition:AnimVaginal> (this is not an actual condition, just an example!)

<unEquip bipedSlot="BODY"/>

<condtion:AnimOral;CharFemale> (also just an example)

>unequip bibedSlot="[A] Torso"/>

and so on.

If that would be possible, what should be entered in the conditon line?

23 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

Hi,

i looked into the AAF_equipmentsetdata.xml and am curious if we can use different conditions for the different types of animations (like oral,vaginal,anal). something like:

<condition:AnimVaginal> (this is not an actual condition, just an example!)

<unEquip bipedSlot="BODY"/>

<condtion:AnimOral;CharFemale> (also just an example)

>unequip bibedSlot="[A] Torso"/>

and so on.

If that would be possible, what should be entered in the conditon line?

The condition XML doesn't really work that way. But, reading between the lines, it sounds like you are trying to unequip items based on tags.

That can be done with a combination of "action" and "equipmentRules" XML:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/equipmentRules.md#!equipmentrules

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/action.md#!action

Spoiler
5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The condition XML doesn't really work that way. But, reading between the lines, it sounds like you are trying to unequip items based on tags.

That can be done with a combination of "action" and "equipmentRules" XML:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/equipmentRules.md#!equipmentrules

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/action.md#!action

Thank you very much, good Sir. I am going to read your provided links.

Edited by Heinz01
  • 2 weeks later...

Something cool I found. You can also include the offset in the Overlay Set. Very convenient if you want AAF to apply an overlay in a certain place on the body.

To get the offset, apply the overlay and move it to your liking using LooksMenu. Save the preset and look for the offset in the saved json (DATA / F4SE / Plugins / F4EE / Presets)

The .xml MyMod_OverlaySet should look like this.

<overlaySet id = "Mechanics">
<condition>
<overlayGroup>
<overlay template = "HipKnife" alpha = "100" isFemale = "true" offsetUV = "0, 0.0260000005364418" />
</overlayGroup>
</condition>
</overlaySet>

Edited by JB.

Guys when i choose "both genders as aggressors" and "Allow female agressors in gangbangs" for AAF Violate it stops the scene cus i dont have any gang anims
that has both male and female actors. Do you guys know any gang anims that has both genders ?

@dagobaking

Hey, I have successfully managed to use Narration through XML, it's great! I just have a question because I don't understand HTML codes. I want to enlarge the font size and I have read that the code is like this: 

<font size = "1"> text </font>

But when I put it, I break AAF.

<narrationGroup id="test1">
        <narration phrase="It's %ACTOR0%  first time trying poses, but she's confident."/>
    </narrationGroup>

How do you write the code correctly?

Gotta escape those <, > and " symbols as per AAF docs, does this work?

<narration phrase="&lt;font size = &quot;1&quot; &gt; It's %ACTOR0%  first time trying poses, but she's confident. &lt;/font&gt;"/>
</narrationGroup>
<!-- this just comment to copypaste html encoded symbols from -->
<!-- " = &quot; < = &lt; > = &gt; -->

Edited by requiredname65
8 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

Gotta escape those <, > and " symbols as per AAF docs, does this work?

<narration phrase="&lt;font size = &quot;1&quot; &gt; It's %ACTOR0%  first time trying poses, but she's confident. &lt;/font&gt;"/>
</narrationGroup>
<!-- this just comment to copypaste html encoded symbols from -->
<!-- " = &quot; < = &lt; > = &gt; -->

Thanks ! ?

782220598_Capturadepantalla2021-11-0922_50_38.png.cf0f1dfb5e8062403620c774b1e0b380.png

12 hours ago, NicodemusShepard said:

Does anyone have the AAF file? For whatever reason I just CANNOT get Moddingham registration to work and the file doesn't seem to be anywhere else. 

Damn thing doesn't work for me either.   I never got a damn thing via email... and yes it is valid.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:35 PM, NicodemusShepard said:

Does anyone have the AAF file? For whatever reason I just CANNOT get Moddingham registration to work and the file doesn't seem to be anywhere else. 

On 11/18/2021 at 12:18 PM, tch65721 said:

Damn thing doesn't work for me either.   I never got a damn thing via email... and yes it is valid.

I looked at the logs and very few emails have not gone through. And if they don't it's usually because the receiving side blocked it.

If you let me know your email address in DM I can look it up in the logs to see what happened specifically.

That said, moddingham itself is down right now due to the host provider. But, these things usually resolve within 15 minutes or so.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

I looked at the logs and very few emails have not gone through. And if they don't it's usually because the receiving side blocked it.

If you let me know your email address in DM I can look it up in the logs to see what happened specifically.

That said, moddingham itself is down right now due to the host provider. But, these things usually resolve within 15 minutes or so.

I have been waiting to get in since this morning... :(

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Mine wasn't an email issue. The captcha failed to load, I refreshed and the site branded me as a "spammer". 

5 hours ago, majisha said:

I have been waiting to get in since this morning... :(

Yeah. Looks like something broke at the bare metal level. I've never seen an outage this long in many years of doing this...

The outage notice is still up. So, they are working on it. Probably short staffed due to holiday.

3 hours ago, NicodemusShepard said:

Mine wasn't an email issue. The captcha failed to load, I refreshed and the site branded me as a "spammer". 

In that case you can probably just clear your browser cache and try again once the site comes back up.