Open letter to anyone that can read. Start doing your own homework. That is what the internet and search engines are for. I can google every problem that people come here and moan about and find a million results, often with fixes.  Every day, we have a handful of folks answering the same "I GOT A PROBLEM, AAF SUCKS", questions, nonstop, and when we ask, did you check this, or that, including reading the actual instructions, we are met with "um, no, who reads them any more, I did not realize I actually had to work at it, aren't these all just plug and play, Skyrim was a lot easier, whats google, can't you give me the info, what post#, my feelings are hurt,? ,etc.? 

Most of these issues are of your doing. (see prior comments). The younger generation have become used to being spoonfed most everything since birth. These mods were not created in some easy to make, haphazard manner. They happened out of constant trial and error, the authors' imagination and grit to offer something different and maybe even fun. But bugs are part of the process and we need to realize that. But also, most of these problems we always hear about are not about an honest glitch...but (see prior comments). Do yourselves and us a favor already. Actually check out the thousands of posts specifically addressing your problem, here on LL and the world wide net. Your answers are there.          These are my opinions and not anyone elses. It has to be said by someone, though a bunch of us actually think it.

8 hours ago, asyurin said:

Thank you for your response. However, Vortex will not work because of an installation error.

maddadicusrex has confirmed that Vortex works with AAF for him.

So, we must conclude that you are doing something wrong, right?

6 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Open letter to anyone that can read. Start doing your own homework. That is what the internet and search engines are for. I can google every problem that people come here and moan about and find a million results, often with fixes.  Every day, we have a handful of folks answering the same "I GOT A PROBLEM, AAF SUCKS", questions, nonstop, and when we ask, did you check this, or that, including reading the actual instructions, we are met with "um, no, who reads them any more, I did not realize I actually had to work at it, aren't these all just plug and play, Skyrim was a lot easier, whats google, can't you give me the info, what post#, my feelings are hurt,? ,etc.? 

Most of these issues are of your doing. (see prior comments). The younger generation have become used to being spoonfed most everything since birth. These mods were not created in some easy to make, haphazard manner. They happened out of constant trial and error, the authors' imagination and grit to offer something different and maybe even fun. But bugs are part of the process and we need to realize that. But also, most of these problems we always hear about are not about an honest glitch...but (see prior comments). Do yourselves and us a favor already. Actually check out the thousands of posts specifically addressing your problem, here on LL and the world wide net. Your answers are there.          These are my opinions and not anyone elses. It has to be said by someone, though a bunch of us actually think it.

Heh. Many have shared this frustration.

7 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

It's unfortunate that the people who most need this reminder are also the ones least likely to find it (for precisely the reasons you point out).

46 minutes ago, Highborn said:

So, I updated AAF, and then it starts to show the progression on the right upper corner, but it stucks on [AAF 80%]. The mod seems functional and all but the overlay doesn't go away. Something like this happened before?

Usually it is because you have busted animation packs causing AAF lock up. Did AAF ever work for you? What was the last mod change that you made? Are you using any patches? What is your sex related mod list?

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

So, I updated AAF, and then it starts to show the progression on the right upper corner, but it stucks on [AAF 80%]. The mod seems functional and all but the overlay doesn't go away. Something like this happened before?

Does it list anything in the errors section?

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

Usually it is because you have busted animation packs causing AAF lock up. Did AAF ever work for you? What was the last mod change that you made? Are you using any patches? What is your sex related mod list?

The older version I had was working, but then I updated the game to the recent version 1.10.138 and AAF stopped working. Figured it out it had to be updated as well (I had AAF 0.7x or something). I installed the latest AAF by overwriting the old one.

I have Atomic Lust, Mutated Lust, Leito animations patch, SavageCabbage, Vadermania

50 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Does it list anything in the errors section?

Yes, I'm having an animation ID "FM-Shackles01-02Held" and "FM-Shackles-01-01Start" not found. Sex is not working.

ScreenShot0.png

14 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I am not sure. Probably best to remove all animation packs, install one at a time and test each time. Then you can determine which is causing the issue.

I started a new game (something I was planning to do anyway) and everything is working now, no errors. I guess it was a problem caused by midgame update because I also had updated the SavageCabbage pack before and it seems like the framework wasn't finding it.

34 minutes ago, Highborn said:

I guess I need to know from which mod are these animations

Assuming you have updated to the latest AAF. Have you updated any of your animation packs? Atomic, Mutated, and Savage Cabbage all updated recent..I think FM code is Savage. Scissors error is Atomic. Also are you running any patches? The shackle stuff, not sure, but you only have to pick Atomic or Savage. Most were created to fix old pack errors.

Nevermind..

Hello...

Question, I have 4PlaySEUV2.51 installed   along with all the other stuff  AAF beta 81, Four_Play resources, CBBE, AFF one patch to bang'em, AAF VanilliaKinky..., FP Patch 2.6.1,  Four Play 0.0.0.8.2  and others I think.  I followed the 

AAF: A Comprehensive Installation Guide and Resource Collection [WIP]

guide.

Now to the question, I see   AAFSex Em Up file."This is a port of Chosen Clue's great mod Four-Play Sex 'Em Up to the Advanced Animation Framework."

Am I to use this file  instead of   4PlaySEUV2.51 ??

the AAF works right up to the point of no animation.  After selecting the hot key and a partner, we strip then stand around naked  then put our pants back on.

9 hours ago, NAKEDGIJOE said:

Hello...

Question, I have 4PlaySEUV2.51 installed   along with all the other stuff  AAF beta 81, Four_Play resources, CBBE, AFF one patch to bang'em, AAF VanilliaKinky..., FP Patch 2.6.1,  Four Play 0.0.0.8.2  and others I think.  I followed the 

AAF: A Comprehensive Installation Guide and Resource Collection [WIP]

guide.

Now to the question, I see   AAFSex Em Up file."This is a port of Chosen Clue's great mod Four-Play Sex 'Em Up to the Advanced Animation Framework."

Am I to use this file  instead of   4PlaySEUV2.51 ??

the AAF works right up to the point of no animation.  After selecting the hot key and a partner, we strip then stand around naked  then put our pants back on.

Short version: Yes.

All the FourPlay mods have [unless I'm mistaken] AAF equivalents, often more advanced/developed ones.

You'll also wanna check that you've removed the other FourPlay shit as well, including using Leito's 2.0a rather than 1.4. While they might work fine together, it'd be a troubleshooting/compatibility nightmare to manage.
Including using Leito's 2.0a rather than 1.4.

Hi! Im sorry for this question, but, how can i start use or add any futa penis to the AAF and/or with the AAF version of  Leito's animations ( forexample.. / i like this animations. ) ? I mean, i would like do some actions with my female character (who have a penis / same like the "Dongs of Fallout") to other female npcs. The strapon is .. "ugly". I dont like it.

Sorry for my english!

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, Saraniamic said:

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, and I'm pretty sure it isn't, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I was wondering if it's possible to make the mod recognize assaultrons as potential AFF targets. I tried it a while ago and it didn't work.

Yes. You can update XML related to races (see wiki) so that it recognizes those actors. However, you also have to have animations/positions made for them. To my knowledge, that hasn't been achieved because there are no animation rigs for those actors.

42 minutes ago, GerillaIRON said:

Hi! Im sorry for this question, but, how can i start use or add any futa penis to the AAF and/or with the AAF version of  Leito's animations ( forexample.. / i like this animations. ) ? I mean, i would like do some actions with my female character (who have a penis / same like the "Dongs of Fallout") to other female npcs. The strapon is .. "ugly". I dont like it.

Sorry for my english!

Thank you in advance for your help!

This isn't really an AAF issue. You would need to get help from body/equipment mod authors.

Hi,

I am suddenly unable to compile calls to AAF API

image.thumb.png.464f58e944c217258a6d1c1f12e7f828.png

^^this used to work just fine for a very long time, now suddenly it doesn't compile. Any idea what's wrong?

Also:

- AAF used to have a feature that ordered the lists of actors and furnitures ascending by distance - it doesn't do that anymore

- is it possible to add a random chance parameter to the equipmentset xml, something like "if you set this parameter to 50 then there is a 50% chance the torso equipment gets unequipped"?

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, SAC said:

Hi,

I am suddenly unable to compile calls to AAF API

image.thumb.png.464f58e944c217258a6d1c1f12e7f828.png

^^this used to work just fine for a very long time, now suddenly it doesn't compile. Any idea what's wrong?

Same line of code works for me.

Do you have a line earlier like this:

AAF:AAF_API AAF_API

Or, maybe some scripts got moved around and it can't find it from where you are publishing from?

3 hours ago, SAC said:

Also:

- AAF used to have a feature that ordered the lists of actors and furnitures ascending by distance - it doesn't do that anymore

It should sort by distance if you have the show distance setting on. If it's off, it sorts semi-alphabetically.

3 hours ago, SAC said:

- is it possible to add a random chance parameter to the equipmentset xml, something like "if you set this parameter to 50 then there is a 50% chance the torso equipment gets unequipped"?

That wouldn't be too difficult to do.. Though, what is the use-case for when that would be needed?

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Same line of code works for me.

Do you have a line earlier like this:

Or, maybe some scripts got moved around and it can't find it from where you are publishing from?

I don't have an earlier line like that

I am attaching the culprit script. I am not aware of moving anything (folders or sources)

SACDirt.psc

It should sort by distance if you have the show distance setting on. If it's off, it sorts semi-alphabetically.

I think I do have the show distance (distance does show up in the list). Attaching the settings file

AAF_settings.ini

That wouldn't be too difficult to do.. Though, what is the use-case for when that would be needed?

Emerging behavior, basically. I would like the female to have a 50% chance of removing the torso equipment. Although I am using a number of revealing outfits in my leveled lists (and I have, consequently, disabled unequip for females), sometimes I wished they would be naked, and it's tiresome and "unimersive" to unequip them from console during the act. I am hoping that a 50% chance of torso unequip to have an overall better chance of producing more consistently satisfactory results (of course that's up to chance, hence "emerging behavior")

1 hour ago, SAC said:

I don't have an earlier line like that

I am attaching the culprit script. I am not aware of moving anything (folders or sources)

Based on the script, I think the compiler is unable to find the AAF_API script. Double check the environment, access to sources, etc.

1 hour ago, SAC said:

I think I do have the show distance (distance does show up in the list). Attaching the settings file

Ok. I'll have to check it out. Others have asked for for different ordering. So, I might have changed it at some point.

1 hour ago, SAC said:

Emerging behavior, basically. I would like the female to have a 50% chance of removing the torso equipment. Although I am using a number of revealing outfits in my leveled lists (and I have, consequently, disabled unequip for females), sometimes I wished they would be naked, and it's tiresome and "unimersive" to unequip them from console during the act. I am hoping that a 50% chance of torso unequip to have an overall better chance of producing more consistently satisfactory results (of course that's up to chance, hence "emerging behavior")

Hm. Yeah. Seems like altering the engine to make it randomly have a chance to do what you want is not the most efficient approach.

AAF has a system that allows you to define equipment that never gets removed. Should probably just use that on the outfits you want left alone.

6 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Based on the script, I think the compiler is unable to find the AAF_API script. Double check the environment, access to sources, etc.

Turns out I haven't installed the AAF source files at the last update. My bad - installed the sources now and it compiles.

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Hm. Yeah. Seems like altering the engine to make it randomly have a chance to do what you want is not the most efficient approach.

AAF has a system that allows you to define equipment that never gets removed. Should probably just use that on the outfits you want left alone.

I understand what you mean, but still I want to try to introduce some randomness to it. I'll try to do it on my end, but I'm not sure which function should I look at - would it be updateEquipment from the main quest script? TY