7 hours ago, forgets said:

Thanks. When I am satisfied with it I'll post it on its own thread. I didn't know RitualClarity made a guide too--is it on the wiki? I only knew about Farelle's, which has become obsolete (kinda why I did this in the first place).

I don't think RitualClarity has posted his yet. It's a separate doc rather than forum post. May still be in progress. But, could be a good complement to your visual guide.

7 hours ago, forgets said:

I don't know about Nudesuits either, which was my point...he's mentioned before that he has it installed but not activated. I just had the thought that if adjusting AAF settings ended up not fixing his undressing problem, maybe it could be the unknown quantity of nudesuits.

Nudesuits (and any code going along with them) could easily break things.

I don't want to say that there aren't ways that they could be implemented that is AAF friendly. But, with morphs, I don't see a reason to use them.

Has anyone been able to get the Cross armors to be removed during?

armors i'm talking about are the Brotherhood Recon, Mojave Manhunter, and the Handmaiden.  all are installed as a esm so i cant just move them into the order all the other armors need to be in

23 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I don't think RitualClarity has posted his yet. It's a separate doc rather than forum post. May still be in progress. But, could be a good complement to your visual guide.

I don't know him, but I'm completely open to combining mine together with his when he's done, if/however he wants to do that.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Nudesuits (and any code going along with them) could easily break things.

I don't want to say that there aren't ways that they could be implemented that is AAF friendly. But, with morphs, I don't see a reason to use them.

It will always be in development... :P

I haven't posted it.. I was under the impression that it was desired to be web based and centralized not thread based or PDF so that it can always be accessed and the most current version be the one most if not all will see. (when clicking it)

I was thinking that it could be in whatever thread that was using AAF. This one's OP, The AAFCP OP,  any of the animation mods that use AAF or AAF uses. etc.

Feedback given could be used to edit and grow the document (however, not out of its basic purpose to become an all inclusive guide on every thing

Feel free to review and take whatever you want :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRVht7-hOYV2ujFHQGaVfbKwZT_KMDeF-c_pGQ_WjcjVS657Urfpybccjl54z3DJNWP7iqYPY5QsdjD/pub

Making some tweaks to my copy... for some strange reason it isn't updating here. :(  Still trying to learn this Google thang.

8 hours ago, forgets said:

The only furnitureData.xml file I could find that includes "Table" out of the box is SavageCabbage's "SavageCabbage_furnitureData.xml". It has only one FormID defined for the group "Table". If you messed with that, or you tried to screw on a table with a different animation pack, you might get that error...you might get it if you did it on the wrong kind of table...I don't really have enough practical experience to tell you. I haven't been able to play the game in a few weeks.

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It looks like you are running a position that has location="Table" but there is no furniture XML that defines a "Table" location.

I think this should be handled through the position tags rather than making another parallel tag system.

Cool, I found the errant "Table" in my SavageCabbage Position.XML and fixed it, it was supposed to be "MediumTable" :)
I'll add the locations as tags too then, I'm guessing we don't need Race or Gender tags or Number of actors because that is already done in AAF?

I'm noticing some of the animations in the wizard spawn a table or whatever for use is there a way of knowing which used existing furniture if available and which to spawn or does AAF spawn one if needed, just wondering if that is relevant to creating location tags.

I've just added a whole heap of tags yesterday like "Standing", "Kneeling", "FromBehind", "Missionary", "Kissing" etc So modders should be able to start some testing of the StartPosition with Include/Exclude.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

It will always be in development... :P

I haven't posted it.. I was under the impression that it was desired to be web based and centralized not thread based or PDF so that it can always be accessed and the most current version be the one most if not all will see. (when clicking it)

I was thinking that it could be in whatever thread that was using AAF. This one's OP, The AAFCP OP,  any of the animation mods that use AAF or AAF uses. etc.

Feedback given could be used to edit and grow the document (however, not out of its basic purpose to become an all inclusive guide on every thing

Feel free to review and take whatever you want :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRVht7-hOYV2ujFHQGaVfbKwZT_KMDeF-c_pGQ_WjcjVS657Urfpybccjl54z3DJNWP7iqYPY5QsdjD/pub

Making some tweaks to my copy... for some strange reason it isn't updating here. :(  Still trying to learn this Google thang.

Thank you. I had given my 10 cents about the advantages of using a web location. But, I came away with the idea that we were going with PDF because that had been easy and successful in the past. Either way works for me.

I say make a new thread for it or for multiple guides and collab to put them all in one place. Maybe use Farelle's thread if he is up to it?

47 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Cool, I found the errant "Table" in my SavageCabbage Position.XML and fixed it, it was supposed to be "MediumTable" :)
I'll add the locations as tags too then, I'm guessing we don't need Race or Gender tags or Number of actors because that is already done in AAF?

Race, Gender and number of Actors is determined by the actors sent in. So, tags for that would be redundant information that should already be available to a mod.

I'm noticing some of the animations in the wizard spawn a table or whatever for use is there a way of knowing which used existing furniture if available and which to spawn or does AAF spawn one if needed, just wondering if that is relevant to creating location tags.

I think the only way is to run the animations or ask the animator to identify ones that using an animObject.

I've just added a whole heap of tags yesterday like "Standing", "Kneeling", "FromBehind", "Missionary", "Kissing" etc So modders should be able to start some testing of the StartPosition with Include/Exclude.

I think Flashy is planning to use tags soon.

10 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you. I had given my 10 cents about the advantages of using a web location. But, I came away with the idea that we were going with PDF because that had been easy and successful in the past. Either way works for me.

I say make a new thread for it or for multiple guides and collab to put them all in one place. Maybe use Farelle's thread if he is up to it?

PDF is so much easier and more flexible for me as I know it. I believe so does Farelle. He did a diagram that I couldn't do myself. :D 

I am having a problem with Google and getting the public link to be able to be updated.  The Key is to have this functionality... then I can give out a link and make some changes and not have to have others change or update the links as we go along. The main reason for this... however, it isn't happening and all the documentation seems to be from a long time ago and not showing me the options that are available today :(

Farelle thread is fine :D  But first it would be best for me to work how that update problem..

Some Animations have this set up in their XML which apparently is the first and 2nd actor animation? In which case which one would the tags be used from or do I just use both to be sure?

<position id="The Scissor" animation="The Scissor" tags="Ground,Scissor,Held0,Stim9,Love5,Dom0,VaginaToVagina"/>
<position id="The Scissor" animation="The Scissor" tags="Ground,Scissor,Held0,Stim9,Love5,Dom0,VaginaToVagina"/>

<position id="Make Out" animation="Make Out" tags="Ground,Kissing,Held1,Stim5,Love5,Dom0,MouthToMouth"/>
<position id="Make Out" animation="Make Out" tags="Ground,Kissing,Held1,Stim5,Love5,Dom0,MouthToMouth"/>

<position id="Smooching" animation="Smooching" tags="Ground,Kissing,Held1,Stim2,Love9,Dom0,MouthToMouth"/>
<position id="Smooching" animation="Smooching" tags="Ground,Kissing,Held1,Stim2,Love9,Dom0,MouthToMouth"/>

28 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Some Animations have this set up in their XML which apparently is the first and 2nd actor animation? In which case which one would the tags be used from or do I just use both to be sure?

No XML should look like that. Duplicate id names just over-write each other.

Multiple actors are set up and handled within the animation XML rather than the position XML.

11 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

No XML should look like that. Duplicate id names just over-write each other.

Multiple actors are set up and handled within the animation XML rather than the position XML.

Cool, maybe its an old FourPlay format, its Rufgt_positionData.xml which is his older animations I believe. I'll clean out the seconds then while I'm at it :)

And just to confirm, this isn't a staged animation because there are 3 without a spacer line between them, I think that was a FourPlay thing and now there's a separate XML with the stages which is AnimationGroupData or PositionTreeData or either?

<!-- [ F SOLO ] -->
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation" animation="CrazyMbateF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation (Fingering)" animation="CrazyFingerF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation Laying" animation="CrazyMbateLayF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>

1 hour ago, Halstrom said:

Cool, maybe its an old FourPlay format, its Rufgt_positionData.xml which is his older animations I believe. I'll clean out the seconds then while I'm at it :)

@Rufgt should also know so he can clean his file up too. Technically, it shouldn't break anything. But, has SOME kind of performance cost parsing the same thing twice.

1 hour ago, Halstrom said:

And just to confirm, this isn't a staged animation because there are 3 without a spacer line between them, I think that was a FourPlay thing and now there's a separate XML with the stages which is AnimationGroupData or PositionTreeData or either?

<!-- [ F SOLO ] -->
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation" animation="CrazyMbateF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation (Fingering)" animation="CrazyFingerF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>
<position id="Crazy - Masturbation Laying" animation="CrazyMbateLayF" tags="Ground,Masturbation,Held0,Stim7,Love0,Dom0,HandToVagina"/>

Spacer lines have no function. These are just three separate position animations.

If they pointed to animationGroups they would replace "animation" with "animationGroup". Same for a positionTree.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

PDF is so much easier and more flexible for me as I know it. I believe so does Farelle. He did a diagram that I couldn't do myself. :D 

I am having a problem with Google and getting the public link to be able to be updated.  The Key is to have this functionality... then I can give out a link and make some changes and not have to have others change or update the links as we go along. The main reason for this... however, it isn't happening and all the documentation seems to be from a long time ago and not showing me the options that are available today :(

Farelle thread is fine :D  But first it would be best for me to work how that update problem..

My only problem with placing my guide with Farelle's is that our installation instructions contradict each other. Until he updates I think it would be confusing.

RitualClarity, may I include a link to yours on my 'links reference' page? When you figure out how to make Google docs give you a permanent link, I guess. (I have no idea on that either)

1 hour ago, forgets said:

My only problem with placing my guide with Farelle's is that our installation instructions contradict each other. Until he updates I think it would be confusing.

RitualClarity, may I include a link to yours on my 'links reference' page? When you figure out how to make Google docs give you a permanent link, I guess. (I have no idea on that either)

Or we can work on the wiki... :P

Your diagrams... are very useful. ;)

59 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Or we can work on the wiki... :P

Your diagrams... are very useful. ;)

Thank you! ?

The idea I have jingling around in my head right now is to make a new thread, post my guide with a link to yours (and a pdf download of it if you make one), and then I'd like to add a "Frequently Asked Questions" sort of thing underneath for people looking for answers to the questions that get asked here over and over. Then there would be my simplified visual guide, and your more in-depth text guide both accessible from one place (plus the little troubleshooting bits I wanted to put in that didn't lend themselves well to a flowchart). If/when Farelle updates, and if he is amenable, we can work something out to merge all three in some fashion...but for now as I mentioned I do think it would be confusing to have guides in the same place that don't agree with each other.

And you can link to mine, or use the charts, or whatever you want.

Let me know what you think.

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

New build posted:

## [Beta 8] - 2018-08-28
### Added
- Transferring of Factions to the doppelganger. May be crucial to some third-party mods. (thank you @EgoBallistic )

### Fixed
- Another try and addressing CTD when referencing actor list in OnSceneInit error.

Does Beta 8 require new game, or can it be overwritten over Beta 7?

8 hours ago, forgets said:

Thank you! ?

The idea I have jingling around in my head right now is to make a new thread, post my guide with a link to yours (and a pdf download of it if you make one), and then I'd like to add a "Frequently Asked Questions" sort of thing underneath for people looking for answers to the questions that get asked here over and over. Then there would be my simplified visual guide, and your more in-depth text guide both accessible from one place (plus the little troubleshooting bits I wanted to put in that didn't lend themselves well to a flowchart). If/when Farelle updates, and if he is amenable, we can work something out to merge all three in some fashion...but for now as I mentioned I do think it would be confusing to have guides in the same place that don't agree with each other.

And you can link to mine, or use the charts, or whatever you want.

Let me know what you think.

I have that in the guide etc towards the bottom. Not named that... perhaps that should change. :D to make it easier to follow. if people would understand better. Changed... :D

I was thinking the document you had... with all the diagrams to be altered a slight bit. (not the content just the grouping)  Release them separately for the individual task... for example ... upgrading/cleaning the save.... Basic and advanced installation... Troubleshooting.  More direct and visual guides. Then I can reference them in my doc (and link to your thread)
Then anyone can reference that when giving tech support having the person review that first for quick fixes.

Finally I was considering if this does come to pass and you have a tutorial / guide thread for documents pertaining to supporting AAF then It might be good that I rework my guide into more lengthy one but where the mods that are being used are the focus.. the reader can then choose the individual AAF mod and then have a listing of the requirements for that mod. Animations, external mods, settings, etc. This way they can pick and choose the mod to get up and running.  Of course with a note indicating that there might be repeat animations/mods etc.

With the guide I have using MO, the section after would have instructions on pulling down the needed patches below or towards the end.

Example...

Final Touches:

For those using more than one mod.

Palistro's patches

• Must be below
    • Leitos
      • required strapon
    • etc

Move AAF CP down below AAF, All AAF Mods, their animations and any Body mods and patches you have for them. It must be below all other AAF and related mods to function.

Still working on this... idea..

One fact is AAF is extremely flexible and thus, with the mods and their requirements along with the various animations it is very complex to create

I've killed the link to my document. There was a minor confusion which could cause strange results ... not all the time as I didn't' experience them but it is structured in such a way that it can cause issues that will confuse those supporting you (Mod authors) as they will expect the order of installation (MO's right panel) to be different.

Just downloaded for the first time. Everything working like a charm so far. Questions:

-Eventual option for selective, slot-based stripping? I'd like to have the option to pick and choose which armor slots get stripped or not (since there are many mods where armor comes in many pieces)

-Polistiro made patches for anims as well as post-sex cum overlays. Any idea why the overlays are not applying? (anim patches working very well).

-I've read that Dongs of Commonwealth is no longer supported. Then I read that AAF has its own internal flaccid/erect state control for males either inside this mod or via patch. Mine isn't working if this is true. Using EVB body, any idea why?

-This one isn't a question - I love how seemless everything is in this mod. Controls are super easy and intuitive. Awesome framework.

29 minutes ago, Neeb! Neeb! Neeb! said:

Just downloaded for the first time. Everything working like a charm so far. Questions:

-I've read that Dongs of Commonwealth is no longer supported. Then I read that AAF has its own internal flaccid/erect state control for males either inside this mod or via patch. Mine isn't working if this is true. Using EVB body, any idea why?

did you install the AAF CP(compatibility patch)?  I am using the EVB never nude male and haven't had an issue with male parts working.