1 hour ago, forgets said:

I made a flow chart of a basic install guide for AAF, since the current installation guide is obsolete. I figured something more visual would be better for people whose first language is not English. But I'd like some feedback to make sure I've got everything right on it.

AAF Install Guide Draft.pdf

It looks cool and I was under the impression we had to install at least one animation pack before AAF? Maybe its old instructions or something I read somewhere and I know some won't install till after its installed.

5 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

It looks cool and I was under the impression we had to install at least one animation pack before AAF? Maybe its old instructions or something I read somewhere and I know some won't install till after its installed.

Yup.....Leito's is a requirement for AAF, or it used to be, so it gets installed before AAF, then after AAF, you install The Polistrio(sp?) patch for Leito & Crazy.

?

EDIT: Crazy isn't a requirement, but I think you need Crazy for the masturbation anims.

?

2 hours ago, forgets said:

I made a flow chart of a basic install guide for AAF, since the current installation guide is obsolete. I figured something more visual would be better for people whose first language is not English. But I'd like some feedback to make sure I've got everything right on it.

AAF Install Guide Draft.pdf

Yeah like Rufgt mentioned, not any male body will work. It needs to be compatible with AAF. BodyTalk is an example.

It's basic though and gets the gist across. Installing all the animations and compatibility patches is the confusing part and while your guide gives the bare bones rundown, it doesn't go into any detail on what exactly needs to be installed. Like do you just need the meshes from these animation packs and the compatibility patches, or do you need the entire mod with the gun feature as well and scripts and then compatibility patches? What about RSE or Family Planning or SEU type stuff? As well, what is the AAF compatibility patch and Polistro's compatibility patches? Don't see any mods with those names.

It's a decent guide to get the bare bones down, but it leaves out a lot of details if ya know what I mean. ;)

12 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid said:

Yeah like Rufgt mentioned, not any male body will work. It needs to be compatible with AAF. BodyTalk is an example.

It's basic though and gets the gist across. Installing all the animations and compatibility patches is the confusing part and while your guide gives the bare bones rundown, it doesn't go into any detail on what exactly needs to be installed. Like do you just need the meshes from these animation packs and the compatibility patches, or do you need the entire mod with the gun feature as well and scripts and then compatibility patches? What about RSE or Family Planning or SEU type stuff?

It's a decent guide to get the bare bones down, but it leaves out a lot of details if ya know what I mean. ;)

Ok, lemme finish my run of this build, then I'll do a fresh install of Fallout 4 & it'll be an AAF build only. Then I'll do a video WHILE I SET IT UP.

?

34 minutes ago, Rufgt said:

I think the instructions for installing a male body should say, "Install an AAF-compatible male body with morph handling."

Ohh, okay. I thought you could install any EVB body and the compatibility patch would take care of the morphs. I'll change that in the final version.

Does Additional Body Textures handle morphs?

6 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Bp70's animations have AAF added as a master.

That CGI fellow told me to install the animation packs last.

3 minutes ago, forgets said:

Ohh, okay. I thought you could install any EVB body and the compatibility patch would take care of the morphs. I'll change that in the final version.

Does Additional Body Textures handle morphs?

Bp70's animations have AAF added as a master.

That CGI fellow told me to install the animation packs last.

Additional Body Textures is just as it says it is. Textures. Textures don't handle any morphs. Morphs are handled via the tri files associated with the model. Which is built via bodyslide when you build morphs. Or unless someone creates a tri file for a non-bodyslide body.

11 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid said:

I could be full of shit here, but I think you can use any other body mods, you just have to let the compatibility patch overwrite the meshes for the male penis so it installs the one with morphs built in. So, body mod, then patch. I'd appreciate clarity if anyone knows for sure.

Bodytalk already has the morphs built in I think. Been a minute since I read about it tho. The only thing that's incompatible that I know of is dongs of fallout, and even that will work until you fudge with the alignment. It won't go back to looksmenu control until you start another animation sequence has been my experience. The original version also uses the home key to choose which male you're working on and that makes for some interesting situations out in the wild as it will actually pull them too you if the next one up isn't already there. :P

There is a version with MCM support so you can change that hotkey tho. It works like above, but without pulling random weirdos to you every time you hit the hotkey.

14 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid said:

It's basic though and gets the gist across. Installing all the animations and compatibility patches is the confusing part and while your guide gives the bare bones rundown, it doesn't go into any detail on what exactly needs to be installed. Like do you just need the meshes from these animation packs and the compatibility patches, or do you need the entire mod with the gun feature as well and scripts and then compatibility patches? What about RSE or Family Planning or SEU type stuff? As well, what is the AAF compatibility patch and Polistro's compatibility patches? Don't see any mods with those names.

Well, I see what you mean, but getting 'the bare bones' down is kind of the point of a flowchart. The fancier/more detailed they are, the more daunting they look. I'm going to add a second page with links to relevant mods and things like mod managers...I would appreciate anyone pointing me to AAF-compatible male body mods so I can make a list.

4 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I could be full of shit here, but I think you can use any other body mods, you just have to let the compatibility patch overwrite the meshes for the male penis so it installs the one with morphs built in.

I installed Nudesuits & then installed the AAF version over it. Everything works just fine.

?

EDIT: Well, technically, Leito's EVB got installed first, cause I installed his mod BEFORE I installed Nudesuits or AAF.........

?

3 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I could be full of shit here, but I think you can use any other body mods, you just have to let the compatibility patch overwrite the meshes for the male penis so it installs the one with morphs built in. So, body mod, then patch. I'd appreciate clarity if anyone knows for sure.

Bodytalk already has the morphs built in I think. Been a minute since I read about it tho. The only thing that's incompatible that I know of is dongs of fallout, and even that will work until you fudge with the alignment. It won't go back to looksmenu control until you start another animation sequence has been my experience. The original version also uses the home key to choose which male you're working on and that makes for some interesting situations out in the wild as it will actually pull them too you if the next one up isn't already there. :P

There is a version with MCM support so you can change that hotkey tho. It works like above, but without pulling random weirdos to you every time you hit the hotkey.

BodyTalk lets you edit the body in BodySlide, so if you overwrite the body with the AAF Compatibility Patch, changes you've made won't be saved and you won't be able to edit the body. Plus, BodyTalk has a cut and uncut version of the penis, AAFCP only has the cut version, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Rufgt said:

BodyTalk lets you edit the body in BodySlide, so if you overwrite the body with the AAF Compatibility Patch, changes you've made won't be saved and you won't be able to edit the body. Plus, BodyTalk has a cut and uncut version of the penis, AAFCP only has the cut version, I believe.

Wait, you can use BodySlide on dudes? I always thought that was just for girls. Huh.

And Leito has an uncut wiener if you use his. Praise the Lord.

9 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

The penis is part of the body model. So if you're overwriting your malebody with the one from AAF, then you won't have whatever body you installed and instead have the one AAF installs. Which in turn makes it pointless to install the body you installed in the first place if you're just going to overwrite it lol.

If AAF uses a compatibility version of EVB, then you'll have the EVB body if you overwrite your body with the one AAF has. Doesn't matter if you install DadBod, SuperHero Bodies, or BodyTalk, if you overwrite those with the AAF one (EVB), you'll be using EVB.

Reason I mentioned BodyTalk is cause it has it's own morphs that are compatible with AAF, so you don't need AAF's EVB compatibility body. This way you can use your own body mod (BodyTalk) without overwriting it with AAF's body (EVB).

1 minute ago, forgets said:

Wait, you can use BodySlide on dudes? I always thought that was just for girls. Huh.

Super Hero Bodies also lets you use BodySlide, but I prefer BodyTalk, since it's basically the same body and it's AAF compatible.

10 minutes ago, Rufgt said:

Yeah, I think bodytalk works "out of the box" so to speak. I was talking more like EVB or SHB. You can use them if you overwrite with the compatibility patch. IF I understand things correctly, which is questionable. 

btw: That power armor station animation is the cat's ass. I wish I didn't have to turn gender checking off to use the hug and kiss tho, sure loads up the ol' wizard! No worries tho, I can smash arrow keys as well as, heck, BETTER than, the next guy!

Edit: I obviously stand corrected. It happens. :P

7 minutes ago, forgets said:

Super Hero Bodies has been around for awhile now and has all vanilla+DLC armors converted already. It's a BodySlide for males. BodyTalk is a modified version of Super Hero Bodies that uses different sliders though than Super Hero Bodies. The vanilla+DLC outfits have been done, they are just waiting on some permissions before releasing it.

EDIT: And BodyTalk has cut and uncut options.

3 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Yeah, I think bodytalk works "out of the box" so to speak. I was talking more like EVB or SHB. You can use them if you overwrite with the compatibility patch. IF I understand things correctly, which is questionable. 

btw: That power armor station animation is the cat's ass. I wish I didn't have to turn gender checking off to use the hug and kiss tho, sure loads up the ol' wizard! No worries tho, I can smash arrow keys as well as, heck, BETTER than, the next guy!

Thanks, lol.

12 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

AAF doesn't require Leito or Crazy's animations, and you can install those animation packs after you install AAF.  The only requirement is that if you use either of those animation packs you have to install Polistiro's patch afterward to make them work with AAF.

I forget which version of AAF it was, but it REFUSED to install until AFTER I had installed Leito.

?

12 hours ago, SpyderArachnid said:

The penis is part of the body model. So if you're overwriting your malebody with the one from AAF, then you won't have whatever body you installed and instead have the one AAF installs. Which in turn makes it pointless to install the body you installed in the first place if you're just going to overwrite it lol.

I'd say Nudesuits is MORE than just a body, since I tried to go with JUST the AAF body, and I was flaccid 24/7.

So I installed Nudesuits & then reinstalled AAF Body & I wasn't flaccid any more.

Huzzah!

?