Hey community,

I am running this mod (AAF version) along with RSE and Family Planning.

All animations are working from what I can tell so far. And both other mods (RSE & FPE) are doing their thing properly as well.

But I do have one issue.

When the "act" begins, and the short fade to black screen occurs, I can hear the sound that represents items being unequipped.

However, when the scene starts after that short fade screen, the "other" npc is naked... but my character is not.

Of note, I use Unique player should that matter.

Funny thing is, people will comment as if I am naked... but alas, I am not. (I think that's due to the one item that does get removed, namely slot 33.

Otherwise, every other item is still equipped both visually and when i check via pipboy the apparel tab.

A final note... I use pretty much every slot for clothing items, glasses, leg pieces, etc, etc.... so manually disrobing can be tiresome with that many items equipped.

Anywho... hopefully one of you more knowledgeable people can possibly help me out or provide an idea that has so far alluded me.

Thanks all ;)

PS:

I did update that settings file for the items that get unequipped and then requipped... as suggested in the mod with all pertinent slots.... still no luck.

And finally, though that one item (slot 33) gets removed as intended.... it doesn't get reequipped after the scene completes.

Something strange is afoot. I got AAF working just fine for a good long time (minor hiccup with the raiders in the museum of freedom not spawning correctly - turns it is was another mod - well, at least uninstalling the other mod fixed it). But then, when trying to get it on with Magnolia at the Hotel Rexford after our "date", animation played just fine, but when I ended it, the game crashed. Ever since, upon exiting any animation with the player involved, it causes the game to CTD.  Animation still plays, but I get a crash on exit. 

Any ideas?

9 hours ago, warwolf22 said:

I have two major issues

first when I press home button it will brings up aff menu alright but before that someone gets naked

and second when animation triggers male actor's thing isn't adjust (in some animations)

like screenshots below

ScreenShot2.png

Install nudesuits, then the AAF equivalent.

DO NOT check the NudeSuits esp in NMM......

?

11 hours ago, warwolf22 said:

I have two major issues

first when I press home button it will brings up aff menu alright but before that someone gets naked

and second when animation triggers male actor's thing isn't adjust (in some animations)

like screenshots below

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot3.png

The premature nudity thing, I have no clue what that is about...it took me a while to even figure out what you meant because that is so bizarre. The question is, does it annoy you enough to do a bunch of work to try to fix it? You could uninstall the whole works--AAF, all your animation packs and patches, then make a clean save and reinstall in the correct order. Might fix it, unless the problem is being generated by something unrelated to those mods.

As for the alignment issue, I would just try installing (or re-installing) the AAF compatibility patch (w/ EVB male body) and see if that fixes it.

2 hours ago, rom65536 said:

Something strange is afoot. I got AAF working just fine for a good long time (minor hiccup with the raiders in the museum of freedom not spawning correctly - turns it is was another mod - well, at least uninstalling the other mod fixed it). But then, when trying to get it on with Magnolia at the Hotel Rexford after our "date", animation played just fine, but when I ended it, the game crashed. Ever since, upon exiting any animation with the player involved, it causes the game to CTD.  Animation still plays, but I get a crash on exit. 

Any ideas?

Sounds like a messed up save file. I'd try either going back to an earlier one or making a clean save with FallrimTools.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:01 PM, dagobaking said:

targetActor = PlayerRef.PlaceActorAtMe(PlayerRef.GetLeveledActorBase())

An important and confusing note about the above: The "breaking" in my testing (Quests failing to start) only happened after I re-loaded a game saved after this line was run. If I ran this code (played an animation) and then proceeded to the Quest without doing a save and re-load, the Quest appeared to still work.

That's the deal. He said that he could make some functions that would allow copying a characters appearance. Then I wouldn't have to use the above line of code to make a convincing body double for animations.

Also - Can't hand in Carrington's prototype at the end of "tradecraft". This makes "Boston after dark" fail to start.

If the problem is making a copy of the player, and that's what's bunging up the works, have you looked at how the mod "Workshop synth production" handles creating synth duplicates of the player? Not sure if that would be helpful to look at, but that mod certainly can make duplicates of the player. I don't know if it can copy extras added by other mods, i.e. pregnancy, etc. But you might want to take a look:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25785

2 hours ago, rom65536 said:

Also - Can't hand in Carrington's prototype at the end of "tradecraft". This makes "Boston after dark" fail to start.

Had this occur as well on my game.

I have also installed the Project Valkyrie mod... so initially I was thinking that quest was one of the ones that got intentionally wiped out.... and played on a bit.

Then I saw your post, and decided to go at it again. And figured out how to make it work.

When you first return to the Railroad and meet up with Des and Deacon, and then you follow Des into the HQ.

When inside the HQ, don't wait for her to do the introduction to other members... run straight to the Doc and hand in the piece, and Boston after Dark continues on as intended with the next objective (Old Man Stockton).

If you wait for Des to do her speech thing, the quest disappears, the marker on the Doc disappears.... and you cannot give the Doc the item nor continue the quest.

Lost maybe 2 hours of game-play, but not a problem at all.

Just thankful I saw your post.

Regards.

10 hours ago, GameLover said:

run straight to the Doc and hand in the piece, and Boston after Dark continues on as intended with the next objective (Old Man Stockton).

If you wait for Des to do her speech thing, the quest disappears, the marker on the Doc disappears.... and you cannot give the Doc the item nor continue the quest.

Holy shit! That worked! Thanks!

15 hours ago, rom65536 said:

Any ideas?

Mate, what mod are you referring too which stopped the raiders from spawning in museum of freedom.

Some specifics can help me (also just encountered the museum issue) and most importantly the modder here.

As this mod, Family Planning and RSE are the only mods I've installed as of late, and my quests always work up to now due to very stable build of 240+ mods, I am thinking there may be an issue worth exploring further within this small group... hence the request for details.

Let us know bro ;)

11 minutes ago, GameLover said:

Mate, what mod are you referring too which stopped the raiders from spawning in museum of freedom.

Some specifics can help me.. and others, who are having this exact thing happen.

Just came here to see about that exact issue... and there it is.

Let us know bro ;)

Make a save in front of the museum, before you enter. Exit the game and load it back up. Load that save, should work.

Having said that, that's the fix if it's AAF breaking it. If that don't fix it it's not AAF. And really, I think you should be able to load any save, even inside, and if it's AAF causing it that should straighten it out.

49 minutes ago, GameLover said:

Some specifics can help me (also just encountered the museum issue) and most importantly the modder here.

It was a fairly simple gun mod that added a colt 1911 to the museum of freedom (the second floor room with the mural). Somehow, some way, it made four of the raiders not spawn right. I'd clear out the museum, and preston would say there were still raiders to be killed. So, some console commands later, and I found where they were supposed to be (quest targets displayed, but no raiders). If I killed them with console commands, preston would open the door, and we'd go through the dialog about power armor and fusion cores, but when I got the power armor and mini gun on the roof, Gristle and the other raiders outside wouldn't spawn. 

After two hours of looking, the only thing I could find that tinkered with the Museum cell was that stupid weapon mod - so, unload it, reload a prior save game, and everything worked out just fine.

I'm not sure which 1911 mod it was, there are like 50 of them and all of them look similar. But it's the one that puts the gun in the museum of freedom.

14 hours ago, forgets said:

Sounds like a messed up save file. I'd try either going back to an earlier one or making a clean save with FallrimTools.

This did the trick. FallrimTools sure does look like a very powerful pistol with which to shoot yourself in the foot, though. I got a very strong "you are one click away from totally butt-fucking your save game" vibe the entire time I was using it.

9 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Make a save in front of the museum, before you enter. Exit the game and load it back up. Load that save, should work.

Having said that, that's the fix if it's AAF breaking it. If that don't fix it it's not AAF. And really, I think you should be able to load any save, even inside, and if it's AAF causing it that should straighten it out.

Hey bro, bless ya.

That worked. Saved at the entrance coming in, rebooted game and voila... they spawned.

Much appreciated ;)

17 minutes ago, rom65536 said:

It was a fairly simple gun mod that added a colt 1911 to the museum of freedom (the second floor room with the mural). Somehow, some way, it made four of the raiders not spawn right. I'd clear out the museum, and preston would say there were still raiders to be killed. So, some console commands later, and I found where they were supposed to be (quest targets displayed, but no raiders). If I killed them with console commands, preston would open the door, and we'd go through the dialog about power armor and fusion cores, but when I got the power armor and mini gun on the roof, Gristle and the other raiders outside wouldn't spawn. 

After two hours of looking, the only thing I could find that tinkered with the Museum cell was that stupid weapon mod - so, unload it, reload a prior save game, and everything worked out just fine.

I'm not sure which 1911 mod it was, there are like 50 of them and all of them look similar. But it's the one that puts the gun in the museum of freedom.

Thanks for the reply.

I think your weapon mod may have been fine bud.

The gent above told me to save outside (or even possibly inside), and reboot my game and they would spawn... and they did.

Since you said.... you loaded a previous save..... it sounds likely that the reload itself may have done the trick for you... and not removing the weapon.

Just a thought based on what others have said above... which seem to have been proven correct.... there is something possibly going on with AAF itself delaying these spawns.

2 hours ago, GameLover said:

Thanks for the reply.

I think your weapon mod may have been fine bud.

The gent above told me to save outside (or even possibly inside), and reboot my game and they would spawn... and they did.

Since you said.... you loaded a previous save..... it sounds likely that the reload itself may have done the trick for you... and not removing the weapon.

Just a thought based on what others have said above... which seem to have been proven correct.... there is something possibly going on with AAF itself delaying these spawns.

It's a known issue, and dagobaking is working on it.  It's a problem with the way the game handles the doppelganger of the player that he uses for animations. He's gotten a couple ideas from another modder and is trying them out. 

Keep an eye on your level triggered quests too. Sucks when you realize that Mechanical Menace didn't start when you're lvl 18. That requires a rollback to fix. If you don't do any animations with the player none of these things break, so it might be good practice to save cycle before you go terrorizing the rest of the commonwealth instead of the wimmin folk.

Carrington can be wonky too. If he is I read where if you just run in and talk to him before dez gives her speech it'll fire off normal like. Haven't tried that yet. And Molly, the Ms. Nanny at Cambridge Polymer Labs is likely broken too. Haven't found a fix for that yet tho. You can go do the project, just no quest xp.

The bleeding edge can be a messy place. Wear a cup!

2 hours ago, GameLover said:

I said weeks ago that AAF might be messing with the quests somehow. Having said that, there are also buggs within the game itself........

?

47 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

I said weeks ago that AAF might be messing with the quests somehow. Having said that, there are also buggs within the game itself...

And it's still not correct. it's actually a bug in the game, where copies inherit unique data.

it took some investigating into the problem and confirmation from @EgoBallistic to fully isolate it but upcoming versions will no longer trigger this bug.

5 hours ago, rom65536 said:

This did the trick. FallrimTools sure does look like a very powerful pistol with which to shoot yourself in the foot, though. I got a very strong "you are one click away from totally butt-fucking your save game" vibe the entire time I was using it.

What you must never do with FallrimTools, and I should have said this, is just click "delete unattached instances". That is how you clean a Skyrim save, and fuck a FO4 save. I have successfully used this tool I'm sure more than a dozen times now. What you want to do is filter for each AAF-related mod (including animation packs and patches) and delete the script instances and changeforms that show up underneath them, then save the modified savegame in a new file with a new name that you will be able to easily recognize and load. This way you are deleting things that originate from those mods only and nothing else should be affected.

The moral of this whole story is: Kids, save your game a lot. I use an autosave mod. If you're on survival though... nothing for it I suppose. (You must really like walking, boy howdy.)

10 hours ago, forgets said:

What you must never do with FallrimTools, and I should have said this, is just click "delete unattached instances".

Odd, I have done that a few times and never had a problem, though I do admit it took forever for that cleaned save to load.

Though one of the things I have noticed is that exit saves can be a bit iffy on the loading in any situation.

49 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Odd, I have done that a few times and never had a problem, though I do admit it took forever for that cleaned save to load.

Though one of the things I have noticed is that exit saves can be a bit iffy on the loading in any situation.

FallrimTools is more oriented toward Skyrim (since FO4 support was added later), so it makes it seem like you should 'clean unattached instances' and be done. It gives you a little report of how many it finds when you open a save file, so naturally you would think you are supposed to just clean them. But it seems that Fallout 4 is just a bit of a different animal than Skyrim.

From the FallrimTools Nexus description, copied and pasted with formatting:

Fallout 4 Special Note!!!
Unattached Instances are a normal part of how Fallout 4 operates. I recommend you NOT clean them until I figure out how to distinguish between the ones that are still in use and the ones that are not.

I recommend using a hard save, not a quicksave or exitsave to make your clean save. Hard saves in my experience just tend to be more stable in general.

I'm trying to get some type of adult set working. I stopped using FP awhile ago, because it wasn't getting updated, and every game update had more issues it seemed. I was working on an RSE/AAF load, but I'm kind of hesitant to lean on that until things settle down a bit more. So I was looking at AAF/FP, but all the AAF four play mods I knew of, not many, are no longer where I can find them. Could someone please drop me links for any they may know of that are currently working?

Thanks for your time

As a public service, and so the links I have aren't duplicated, here is the list of relevant mod links I have:

AAF - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304?tab=files
AAF Compatibility Patch - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6132-aaf-compatibility-patches-06182018/
Crazy (gun version) animations - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3288-crazy6987-sex-animation/
CraZY Fourplay - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3987-four-play-animations-by-crazy6987/
FO4 Animations by Leito - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3937-fo4-animations-by-leito-041518/
Four-Play Community Patch - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4245-four-play-community-patch/
Polistiro's AAF patch for Leito and Crazy anims (This will just load the save as pop-up) - https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=526734
Roggvir's DD items manager - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5259-roggvirs-dd-items-manager/
RSE: Realistic Salacious Encounters (I'd suggest downloading the RSE_USER_GUIDE.zip while here) - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6681-rse-realistc-salacious-encounters-08-12-18/
Strap-on's of Fallout 4 - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3949-strap-ons-of-fallout-4/
SavageCabbage's anims (these are furniture based anims)- https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5983-my-animation-pack-updated-29062018/
Torture Devices - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3341-torturedevices/

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS
Amanda companion (Needed for having someone to test on, appears with you out of the vault) - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26318
Atomic Lust (Not suggested at the moment, due to actor alignment issues) - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5740-atomic-lust-52718/
DD Reference Mesh Fix - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4398-dd-reference-mesh-fix/
Devious devices - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3796-devious-devices/
Knockout Framework - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27086/?tab=files

Currently MIA:
Family Planned Enhanced AFF
AFF Sex Em Up

Looking For: AAF/FP based updates or alternatives

As a public service, and so the links I have aren't duplicated, here is the list of relevant mod links I have:

You don't want Four-Play Community Patch, that only applies if you are using Four-Play. 

The AAF version of Family Planning Enhanced is not on the main file page, here is a link to it from the FPE thread.

There is an AAF version of Sex Em Up that can be found in the Sex Em Up thread, but it is not a complete port and has lots of issues.

Otherwise your list looks good.  AAF RSE works well in most cases.  You will definitely want to save your game often so you can roll back if something bad happens.