Is there a way to alter the wear applied. Like, could an ingestible or a spell apply a mgef or kywd that would cause the script to lower or raise the wear applied for a scene. Or perhaps more directly like through a mod val effect? For example, could one make a mod that has wear-reducing lubricants without script changes?

Edited by veebars
On 4/16/2023 at 2:42 AM, sen4mi said:

It might make sense to remove the quest script and rebuild it in creation kit. I had to do a dance between Creation Kit and FO4Edit to update it because Creation Kit was throwing errors when I tried to inspect properties for the script.

Side note.. that's the same issue that's been plauging me for quite some time now. I've encountered this not just in all my mods, but other mods I've tried to load in CK.

I used to think it was the script size (too many lines of code). But when I started creating "Bound In Public" and faced the same issue with only 200 lines of code, I knew that wasn't it.

I'm fairly certain now that the culprit is the reference to AAF (AAF:AAF_API). After moving that out from Bound in Public's main script to a side script, the main script now doesn't have the issue, even after hundres of lines of code in. 

I may follow suit with my other mods, but it may require clean save. Which is why I havent made the change yet.

For you, if you comment out any hard references to AAF, recompile, and try opening properties in CK, it will prob work.

Or the annoying workaround I've used for months is: delete everything in FPA_Main.psc file, except 1 line: "Scriptname FPA:FPA_Main extends Quest" -> save code -> compile -> close CK -> open CK again -> restore the previous FPA_Main.psc code -> save code -> open properties. Doing this step allows you to open properties ONCE. After that, it'll complain about the error again, forcing you to go through those steps again.

18 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

Side note.. that's the same issue that's been plauging me for quite some time now. I've encountered this not just in all my mods, but other mods I've tried to load in CK.

I used to think it was the script size (too many lines of code). But when I started creating "Bound In Public" and faced the same issue with only 200 lines of code, I knew that wasn't it.

I'm fairly certain now that the culprit is the reference to AAF (AAF:AAF_API). After moving that out from Bound in Public's main script to a side script, the main script now doesn't have the issue, even after hundres of lines of code in. 

I may follow suit with my other mods, but it may require clean save. Which is why I havent made the change yet.

For you, if you comment out any hard references to AAF, recompile, and try opening properties in CK, it will prob work.

Or the annoying workaround I've used for months is: delete everything in FPA_Main.psc file, except 1 line: "Scriptname FPA:FPA_Main extends Quest" -> save code -> compile -> close CK -> open CK again -> restore the previous FPA_Main.psc code -> save code -> open properties. Doing this step allows you to open properties ONCE. After that, it'll complain about the error again, forcing you to go through those steps again.

I do put direct AAF calls in a separate "proxy" script and soft integrate that from my other scripts. This is what the preamble to my ProxyAAF.psc from Unhealthy Craving looks like:

Spoiler
Scriptname UC:ProxyAAF extends Quest

Actor Property Player Auto Const
{reference to the player}

Main Property MainQuestScript Auto Const
{main quest script}

AAF:AAF_API AAF_API

Function RegisterForEvents()
    AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API
    RegisterForCustomEvent(AAF_API, "OnAnimationStart")
    RegisterForCustomEvent(AAF_API, "OnAnimationStop")
EndFunction

Event AAF:AAF_API.OnAnimationStart(AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    If akArgs[0] as Int == 0
        Actor[] Participants = Utility.VarToVarArray(akArgs[1]) as Actor[]
        If Participants.Length > 1 && Participants.Find(Player) >= 0
            MainQuestScript.SexStart()
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndEvent

Event AAF:AAF_API.OnAnimationStop(AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs)
    If akArgs[0] as Int == 0
        Actor[] Participants = Utility.VarToVarArray(akArgs[1]) as Actor[]
        If Participants.Length > 1 && Participants.Find(Player) >= 0
            MainQuestScript.SexFinish()
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndEvent

Bool Function IsBusy(Actor akActor)
    Return akActor.HasKeyword(AAF_API.AAF_ActorBusy)
EndFunction

For what it's worth, the CK hasn't had any trouble parsing properties from that script, though I do compile externally (Notepad++ run menu to call a templated PapyrusCompiler.exe command line).

43 minutes ago, veebars said:

Is there a way to alter the wear applied. Like, could an ingestible or a spell apply a mgef or kywd that would cause the script to lower or raise the wear applied for a scene. Or perhaps more directly like through a mod val effect? For example, could one make a mod that has wear-reducing lubricants without script changes?

Yes, a mod I'm working on includes a chem which, among other things, accelerates orifice healing. The way I did it was to run a timer in an ActiveMagicEffect script attached to the potion object's magic effect, and periodically "heal" a small amount for each of the relevant ActorValues for anal, oral and vaginal wear when Sex Attributes is detected.

26 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever installed F4 Creation Kit Fixes?  I don't know if it resolves your property inspection issue specifically, but I've never run across that even when compiling FPA scripts.

10 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever installed F4 Creation Kit Fixes?  I don't know if it resolves your property inspection issue specifically, but I've never run across that even when compiling FPA scripts.

No I havent. Will definitely give this a try. Thanks! :)

Edit: nope, still having the issue. Dont know why

Edited by twistedtrebla

• Optional Skimpy Armor Keyword Integration
    • If the player is a slut, they feel the urge to impress and flaunt their bodies. They gain 20% bonus to self esteem gains when wearing clothes with >= 60 skimpy rating. If their skimpy rating is below 60, they instead get 20% penalty to self esteem gains. 
    • Opposite effect for players that are not sluts. 
    • If mod not installed, then there is no bonus or penalty, since there is no skimpy rating.
  • Fixed bug where self esteem drain from wearing devious devices (for non-bondage lovers) was not being calculated correctly
  • Added an API for mods for skipping reputation check (meant to be used when the player's identity is hidden and the NPC doesn't know who the player is, e.g. wearing mask)
16 hours ago, vaultbait said:

[...] The way I did it was to run a timer in an ActiveMagicEffect script attached to the potion object's magic effect, and periodically "heal" a small amount for each of the relevant ActorValues for anal, oral and vaginal wear when Sex Attributes is detected.

Thanks! I'll probably need that trick soon too. What I'm looking for now is more like damage resist. A way to prevent the full wear from being applied to begin with. I can kind of jury-rig this by overriding wear potion to add conditions to the various debuff MGEFs. But the overall experience for the player is not the same as if the wear value didn't increase as much to begin with. I'm thinking about trying adding new MGEFs to the wear potions that apply a one shot reduction as soon as value bumps up, but that (if it even worked) seems a bit janky.

Edited by veebars
19 hours ago, veebars said:

You could tweak SA wear settings. (For example, you could temporarily turn off wear, or you could reduce wear from either humans or all races.)

With the Optional Skimpy Armor Keyword Integration, It would be nice if there was a easy way to start as a slut for anyone wanting to just start the game wearing skimpy outfits.

Like with being able to choose starting as a slut when you pick SA traits.

Another idea is to maybe tie the self esteem gains or penalty to the sexually conservative, sexually liberal, neutral. traits instead.

Thanks again for all your work on your mods!

21 minutes ago, Spaceguest991 said:

It would be nice if there was a easy way to start as a slut for anyone wanting to just start the game wearing skimpy outfits.

Like with being able to choose starting as a slut when you pick SA traits.

set FPA_Value_SexAddiction to 60

4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

You could tweak SA wear settings. (For example, you could temporarily turn off wear, or you could reduce wear from either humans or all races.)

That's a good idea. Looks like I'd need to mod the globals for each species group (like FPA_Setting_WearAmountHuman), then return them to their previous values. The player would have to know to not mess with/believe the MCM. I suppose I could also try modifying WearBaseRegen on ingest, like set it sky high for the duration then return it to its previous values (plus any mid-duration changes). No, dumb idea.

Edited by veebars
On second thought...
1 minute ago, veebars said:

That's a good idea. Looks like I'd need to mod the globals for each species group (like FPA_Setting_WearAmountHuman), then return them to their previous values. The player would have to know to not mess with/believe the MCM. I suppose I could also try modifying WearBaseRegen on ingest, like set it sky high for the duration then return it to its previous values (plus any mid-duration changes).

Yes, these are the ugly reasons I went with a post-hoc healing approach rather than trying to nerf things up-front. In my specific case, the mod I'm working on has a "size queen" progression which you level up through sex with super mutants, mutant hounds and behemoths and that also impacts your ability to achieve orgasm with other species depending on how far gone you are. In theory you'd suffer less wear and damage when you're accustomed to taking on a phallus of that girth, but the clean and easy way out was to tackle it from a continuous restoration angle instead.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:33 PM, vaultbait said:

but the clean and easy way out was to tackle it from a continuous restoration angle instead

Agreed. After looking a bit further, it looks like this is down to something like that or redoing one of FPA_Main's functions, probably ModifyWear, to incorporate an additional variable.

Perhaps twistedtrebla would consider something like that for the future. If so, it'd be awesome if the FPA function pulled the value from something other mods could modify without running a script (like something an mgef, perk, or spell can do).

10 hours ago, TabbyCatNinja said:

Does Sex Attributes have "trigger" names I can tell RMR Helper to listen to so I see my custom slider presets?

I'm just now recently got an understanding of how to use Rad Morphing Redux Helper with adding Triggers.

That's sort of the wrong question. I think.

It looks like an RMR "Trigger" is mostly a script which glues some part of the game to RMR. And, RMR Helper is a tool to help set that up.

(But I haven't stumbled over enough of this to guide anyone through the process of making that work. So I might be describing it wrong.)

13 hours ago, TabbyCatNinja said:

Does Sex Attributes have "trigger" names I can tell RMR Helper to listen to so I see my custom slider presets?

I'm just now recently got an understanding of how to use Rad Morphing Redux Helper with adding Triggers.

Someone (you?) would need to create an RMR trigger plugin mod which tracked SA's values and reported them to RMR. There are several great examples already, you could copy one of them to make your own.

4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

RMR Helper is a tool to help set that up.

Not really. It's basically for converting BodySlide presets to RMR slider configuration so that you can have it interpolate between two distinct presets for your morph minimums and maximums.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Someone (you?) would need to create an RMR trigger plugin mod which tracked SA's values and reported them to RMR. There are several great examples already, you could copy one of them to make your own.

I hope someone makes a RMR Trigger mod for Sex Attributes like Unhealthy Craving.

I'll try to look into doing this too, I need to learn script at some point.

1 hour ago, TabbyCatNinja said:

I hope someone makes a RMR Trigger mod for Sex Attributes like Unhealthy Craving.

I'll try to look into doing this too, I need to learn script at some point.

If it helps at all, version 1.0.0 of Unhealthy Craving was just a copy of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. example trigger for RMR which I edited heavily to catch OnItemEquipped events for the player ref and check them against some keywords. The sample triggers linked from the RMR file page are well-commented code and pretty easy to follow.

Something weird is happening. My actress didn't have a reputation, a short time later she has the reputation of a prostitute. No sex. She is wearing a collar. And just had radiation removed by the ghoul doctor. I have no idea where the change is coming from.

Try again. Load one of the latest saves. "No Reputation" status. Walk out of Lexington towards the robot farm. Half way suddenly "prostitute".
Try again, this time promiscuous. Naughty was skipped.
Try again. Again prostitute height robot farm.

Strange. I'll stop for now and hope for a response here.

edit//

I made one more try. Here is the status at the Lexington bus stop near the apartments:

Spoiler

image.png.2d4915262bdb91f229ee1a96caefbf20.png

Then started walking. Direct route to below robot farm. Status there:

Spoiler

image.png.01b8140e6457ec85c72b1c164bddfd71.png

Edited by deathmorph
1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

Something weird is happening. My actress didn't have a reputation, a short time later she has the reputation of a prostitute. No sex. She is wearing a collar. And just had radiation removed by the ghoul doctor. I have no idea where the change is coming from.

Try again. Load one of the latest saves. "No Reputation" status. Walk out of Lexington towards the robot farm. Half way suddenly "prostitute".
Try again, this time promiscuous. Naughty was skipped.
Try again. Again prostitute height robot farm.

Strange. I'll stop for now and hope for a response here.

edit//

I made one more try. Here is the status at the Lexington bus stop near the apartments:

Hide contents

image.png.2d4915262bdb91f229ee1a96caefbf20.png

Then started walking. Direct route to below robot farm. Status there:

Hide contents

image.png.01b8140e6457ec85c72b1c164bddfd71.png

It looks like the only thing this mod does by itself for your sex reputation is time based updates.

So that suggests that it's some other mod you have installed which is asking SA to increase sex reputation.

So you need to look at your other mods.

29 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

So you need to look at your other mods.

Thanks for the hint.

Since I've only changed three mods recently, namely SA, SH and SAKR as updates, I've focused on the last two. And I've found it.

The bug only occurs when SH 1.18.2 is enabled. Reputation does not change when SH is disabled.

Since both mods are from @twistedtrebla, I'll leave it here.

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks for the hint.

Since I've only changed three mods recently, namely SA, SH and SAKR as updates, I've focused on the last two. And I've found it.

The bug only occurs when SH 1.18.2 is enabled. Reputation does not change when SH is disabled.

Since both mods are from @twistedtrebla, I'll leave it here.

You can get quite a bit of sex reputation quickly from SH if you are being blackmailed, though the details of this depends on your history.

Edit: though it is odd, in this context, that SA limits your maximum arousal based on your reputation. (Your maximum arousal is sharply limited until you have reached "slut" reputation.)

Edited by sen4mi
remark on structure of system