SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

6 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I'm using SlaveTats 1.3.0 SE v1.3.0, RapeTattoos (oldrim) v1.4, and FadeTattoos (oldrim) v1.

You can use any tattoo packages for Slavetats as long as you convert the textures to SE. I use Cathedral Assets Optimizer.

You do not need to convert the Skyrim LE Rape Tattoos and Fade Tattoos. They work fine in SE just as they are. Rape Tattoos can take a long time to initialize, especially if you have a lot of tattoos. Then you are going to want to go into the menu and categorize each tattoo (breast, face, etc.). Categorizing them gives you the widest range of options for the tattoos showing up on your Dovah because only one per category will be used.

If you want to speed up any kind of Slavetats usage, disable vsync and only use fps limiter from an enb.

Disable fps lock when in MCM menu and it will intialize faster. Re-enable when playing again.

So, looking back at my "Why Form 44?" answer, I realize that I really didn't help that much, because I mixed two different audiences. I'll try again.

If you are a mod author

You must convert to Form 44 to use any of the new capabilities. Duh.

If you are updating non-CK parts of the mod (the CK will take care of the conversion if you use it to modify the ESP--again, duh), you should consider converting to Form 44 for the new version, if for no other reason than to squelch the "Dude, it's still Form 43!" whiners.

Updating to Form 44 specifically just to update to Form 44 is a waste of time.

If you are a mod user, i.e. "just us folks"

There is absolutely no reason to update the mods you download. Form 43 (and lower) mods work just fine in SSE.

If it ain't broke....

As a somewhat-extreme example,

MvsC Felicia.7z

works just fine in SSE. Well, it doesn't show up because the ARMO doesn't point to the ARMA--oops--but you can fix that and wear it; the ESP itself causes no problems. You can even compact the FormIDs and ESL-flag it. I have no idea how old "Form Version 15/HEDR Version 0.94" might be, but SSE is perfectly happy with this 8-year old ESP (and the 8-year-old meshes it uses).

11 hours ago, tasairis said:

Forum doesn't seem to hold on to notifications after a month... or maybe after a couple weeks, not sure... so as usual, let me know if I missed anything during my

>_>

<_<

absence.

Devious devices contraptions is also in DD 5.0. No, i didn't look to see if contraptions was up there separately. :)

3 hours ago, effrenatus said:

I see nothing about Sexlab Soulgem Pregnancy.... I found it in the SLIF SE Patches but it seems to refer to the LE mod...

Since Soul Gem Oven for SE is in development, can someone please say something about the SE compatibility of Soulgem Pregnancy?

Extract the BSA, then check the meshes and textures. Scripts look okay but I only scanned through them briefly.

14 hours ago, effrenatus said:

I see nothing about Sexlab Soulgem Pregnancy.... I found it in the SLIF SE Patches but it seems to refer to the LE mod...

Since Soul Gem Oven for SE is in development, can someone please say something about the SE compatibility of Soulgem Pregnancy?

Thank you very much.

It work fine, but at stated previously, you need to un-compress the BSA, us Cathedral asset on it then you need to add one of the PEX file (you can find them on the first page).

On 11/27/2020 at 10:32 PM, Snook001 said:

I got them working and with fade tattoo too.  I used cathedral on the, but I did not changed the esp to 44.  They are both on 43 and it work fine.  I use the slave tats for SE.  The results are good. but you need to be patient, when you open slave or rape tats MCM, it is a looooonnnng process.  5 min and more.

Enjoy.:)

I got them working as well, Cathedral, changed to form 44 in CK, and merged the esps with zMerge.  They all load up and work as intended.  Opening them in MCM is very slow (but it was slow before the merge) and it takes a couple minutes for slave tats to apply tats after exiting MCM.  But so far in my testing, I have had no issues.

8 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Suggestion for SLAL animation packs chart in the conversions listings. A "Last Updated" column would be helpful.

It's a bit of a hassle for me to do that...
Is there a significant benefit to showing an updated date? What is the purpose? Is it to keep track of whether certain mods are still active? To see when they update with new animations? Because the date doesn't correlate with either animation quality or quantity.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, tasairis said:

Next CC release expected to come by the end of the year. Could have "about a year’s worth of content" "across multiple releases" but it should all come with only one SSE patch.

Revised: been postponed, "unclear by how much, but it could be quite considerable", so sometime in 2021. They're also going to try not to give further launch goals because of the confusion it's been causing people; I would speculate sometime in the middle or end of Q1 if people wear their fucking masks and the vaccine goes well, otherwise might be more like Q2.

48 minutes ago, tasairis said:

It's a bit of a hassle for me to do that...
Is there a significant benefit to showing an updated date? What is the purpose? Is it to keep track of whether certain mods are still active? To see when they update with new animations? Because the date doesn't correlate with either animation quality or quantity.

It sounds like a lot of extra work for little benefit. We already have a list of animation packs. It's a matter of simply checking each mod page we use, or better yet: follow the animation packs we're using to get a notification if there is any updates.

I was checking the main post when I found some notes and link that may need revision/change

Spoiler

On 2/19/2018 at 8:35 PM, tasairis said:

?Notes for XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Special) Extended:

RaceMenu/SKEE currently does not play well with XPMSSE 4.30+ (4.20 is fine) but you can make it work. Read a post by Groovtama where he linked to a Reddit thread, and make sure you have SSE Engine Fixes.

Is this note about XPMSSE necessary nowadays? 4.3 was a long time ago, the post and reddit thread are ~2 years old and I think both XPMSSE and Racemenu are fine in its current versions.

Improved Camera (beta 3; SSE 1.5.39+) - replaces Enhanced Camera

There is a beta 4 (granted, the link is in the reddit post currently linked but perhaps a direct link and explicit mention of this beta 4).

?Notes for Devious Devices SE:

Devious Devices is a bit tricky to work with. Make sure you have:
- SSE Engine Fixes installed and up to date
- The correct DLL for your version of SKSE; for 2.0.17-19, choose the None option in the installer
- controller CTD fix by Boulo_92 if you need that
- DDHOTFIX if you don't use HDT-SMP or have CTD problems
- The latest CBBE BodySlide files if you want to rebuild with those

The last link (CBBE BodySlide files) is no longer available. And with the recent release of 5.0 shouldn't be needed. But you may want to check this with zarantha who AFAIK is the one that made the latest installer. There is a mod providing 3BBB bodyslide files for DD, but it's for 4.3 so 5.0 items won't benefit from this. It could be worth putting a link if the mod is updated or at least as a reference? No idea really.

25 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

The last link (CBBE BodySlide files) is no longer available. And with the recent release of 5.0 shouldn't be needed. But you may want to check this with zarantha who AFAIK is the one that made the latest installer. There is a mod providing 3BBB bodyslide files for DD, but it's for 4.3 so 5.0 items won't benefit from this. It could be worth putting a link if the mod is updated or at least as a reference? No idea really.

@tasairis Might be easier to link to the troubleshooting posts I made. I'm going back to them and trying to keep them up to date. These posts will have the links to supplementary files or patches as needed, and hopefully save everyone from hunting around on the threads to find the current stuff. The DCL post is a copy of the DD post.

The bodyslide files linked in my posts still work. DDHotfix is still available, but I've moved it to bodyslide for 5.0 so a separate patch is not needed unless you're on 4.3.

Grummkol should be updating his 3BBB mod for 5.0 soonish. The 4.3 version still works for everything except the new outfits.

I've got a one year old installation of SSE, with over a hundred mods. It's working perfectly with no issues whatsoever.  The reason i haven't changed it for over a year is, that back then i got fucking tired of SSE + SKSE updates breaking backwards-compability on a monthly basis. So instead of updating and unfucking my over a hundred mods on a monthly basis, i decided to actually play the damn game instead of just tinkering with it forever. But i'm curious what happened in the mod-scene since then. At the same time in not willing to deal with the whole backwards-compatibility clusterfuck again.

So my question is this: Has anything changed in the last year, regarding SSE and SKSE breaking mods on updates? Could i now just update SSE and SKSE with my mods continueing to work, so i just need to be careful about adding new mods - not my old ones breaking? Or is updating still the same mess as it was a year ago?

22 hours ago, lynak said:

Has anything changed in the last year, regarding SSE and SKSE breaking mods on updates?

Last game update was November 2019. Since then, we've had a mostly stable scene (with SKSE 2.0.17 and the recent 2.0.19 update). So by now most mods should be working? You can always check the SSE Tracking thread for details (hey look, your post was merged here :D).

Could i now just update SSE and SKSE with my mods continueing to work, so i just need to be careful about adding new mods - not my old ones breaking?

Do you need to update? You say your install is one year old, given the last game update was ~one year ago you should have the latest game version already, right? Perhaps you're one version behind and the same goes for SKSE. Now, the update scheme depends on the version of certain mods (particularly mods containing a dll file). It doesn't matter if the mod you try to install/update is an already installed one or a new one. You need to check the mods you want to use have a version compatible with your installed SKSE version.

Or is updating still the same mess as it was a year ago?

It's a really controlled procedure. If you fuck it up your game won't work or you'll lose some mods features. You need to

1. Know your exact game version (go to the SkyrimSE.exe Properties->Details and check the Product version).
  2. Compare that version with the runtime version for the current SE Build 2.0.19 in the official SKSE website.
  3. Once you have that info you'll need to check your installed mods.
    • The mods requiring a game/SKSE version in particular are the ones containing a dll file (commonly refered as SKSE plugins). That's the big issue with game updates, it requires a new SKSE release and in some cases the dll from different mods need to be updated for this new SKSE release.
    • After verifying all the mods you use have a version made for the latest game/SKSE versions you should update everything (Game -> SKSE -> mods with dlls).

There is Address Library for SKSE Plugins now which makes the update process easier for modders and users too. Some skse plugins will require it, so get the all in one version and keep it up to date. Mods using this library won't need an update just to work with new SKSE releases. Sounds like a lot of work, but we've been without updates for more than a year. When updates were more common we had one every 3~4 mods. SKSE updates after a couple of days and the same goes for most SKSE plugins with a few sad exceptions. Still it's not a big deal IMO.

I guess you already have automatic updates in Steam disabled, so you won't be forced to update when Bethesda wants more CC moneys. If you update now to the latest version of everything (given that all the mods you use have a version made for latest game/SKSE version) you'll be ready for the next update in who knows many months. After that, waiting for a while + using Address Library is all you need to do really.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:15 PM, KLongad Sirtup said:

@tasairis Please add this item (Submissive Lola: The Resubmission LE/SE) from HexBolt8 to the list of SSE Compatibility (or Conversions) which was released today.

There is also an extension to it someone made; Submissive Lola - an Extension. It was recently converted from LE to SE in the last few days. The download is on the same page as the LE version.